jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

The symbolism of "666" in the book of Revelation...

1. 59
    Ersulaposted 6 years ago

I have been researching this topic and have come across some very compelling information.  I am not confirming the following theory to be true but it is biblically sound and makes perfect sense.  Some may be offended, however it is important to remember that this is a discussion, not a condemnation of denomination.

The number "666" is the "number of a man" according to Revelation.  Is there a coincidence that there have been 665 Catholic Popes?  Rome was an anti-Christ empire...is there a coincidence that the Roman-Catholic church is the mother of Catholicism??  I ask you to join me in this discussion...it may be the eye opener that keeps you from being decieved by the fallen angel who will "disguise himself as an angel of light".  The idea that the "666" man will be of a religious sect is highly probable and the fact that Catholicism is the dominant denomination of Christianity, it should not be surprising that this high status...the "closest man to God in the Catholic beliefs" would attract the eye of Satan, who desires to be like God.

1. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are a bit off with your theory. Any denomination (actually religion) that is NOT directly following Jesus Christ, will, in one way or another, endorse the Antichrist, whoever he will be.
      The scripture also teaches about the "False Prophet", alongside of the Antichrist. He will be the one to "oversee" the (last) religion, with the Antichrist being it's ultimate object of worship.
      (A) future Pope may be the man, but I have no evidence. It could be any one of a number of candidates (who may or may not be alive today). It's just conjecture. cool

2. Make  Money profile image70
      Make Moneyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"I am not confirming the following theory to be true but it is biblically sound and makes perfect sense." lol

"Is there a coincidence that there have been 665 Catholic Popes?" lol

There have been 266 Popes including Peter.
      The List of Popes

I think iantoPF and sunforged are closer to the truth by saying it's Barney The Dinosaur. lol

So much for your "discussion". lol

2. kess profile image62
    kessposted 6 years ago

I have read that There were only 265 popes since peter, and he should not be included in their ranks.
    I do agree that the roman catholic is the instigator and upholder of the antichrist.

And Also all denominations are rightly to be condemn for they all  have gone the way of the antichrist.

3. iantoPF profile image88
    iantoPFposted 6 years ago

There have been nowhere near 665 Popes. However I have the answer. It's Barney the Dinosaur.
    Doesn't the Bible say that it's the number of the "Beast" and don't you need wisdom and understanding to count the number. OK all of that comes into play here.
    Barney is often referred to as "Cute Purple Dinosaur"
    Laet's look at the Roman Numerals in that name;
    In "Cute" we have; C = 100, U is the same as V in Roman times so U = 5,
    In Purple; u = 5, L = 50
    Dinosaur, D = 500, I = 1, U = 5
    Add them all up and you get; yes you guessed it 666
    Or is it DCLXVI

4. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

In order for their to have been 665 Popes, each would only serve 3 to 4 years!

That can even be close to true, it would be a fun theory, but as Ian points out, smart money and strong research into christian mysticism, gnostic scriptures and ancient numerology has proven that Barney The Dinosaur is the fabled beast of revelations.

5. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

It is commonly taught that in prophetic messages, a day is representative of a year on earth. If that were to be true, the 42 months that the beast is given to blaspheme would have to represent 1260 years on earth.
       With any consistency in the Churches teachings; this beast would have to represent an organization and not an individual.
       I believe that the 42 months in prophesy represents approx. 1643 years on earth, not 1260.
       This being said I ask, how many organizations have been on the earth for that long.

6. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 6 years ago

&Ersula -

"is there a coincidence that the Roman-Catholic church is the mother of Catholicism??"

OK here's a tip:

Forget all about the Book of Revelation. It is of no help to anyone and damaging to many.

7. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have a few links for you on the number of the beast that indicate that the earliest copies of revelations list 616 not 666 as the number of the beast.

If there is a number of the beast would it not make sense to misdirect people into believing on number to be that 'evil' number while in fact a different number is the real evil number and is left being unnoticed by most or all.

This show is where I first heard that there are some potential problems with this number of the beast and the link is to their forums, specifically on the topic of the number of the beast