jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can you hear ???

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 6 years ago

שְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהוָ֥ה אֶחָֽד׃
    וְאָ֣הַבְתָּ֔ אֵ֖ת יְהוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ בְּכָל־לְבָבְךָ֥ וּבְכָל־נַפְשְׁךָ֖ וּבְכָל־מְאֹדֶֽךָ׃
    וְהָי֞וּ הַדְּבָרִ֣ים הָאֵ֗לֶּה אֲשֶׁ֨ר אָנֹכִ֧י מְצַוְּךָ֛ הַיֹּ֖ום עַל־לְבָבֶֽךָ׃
    וְשִׁנַּנְתָּ֣ם לְבָנֶ֔יךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ֖ בָּ֑ם בְּשִׁבְתְּךָ֤ בְּבֵיתֶ֨ךָ֙ וּבְלֶכְתְּךָ֣ בַדֶּ֔רֶךְ וּֽבְשָׁכְבְּךָ֖ וּבְקוּמֶֽךָ׃
    וּקְשַׁרְתָּ֥ם לְאֹ֖ות עַל־יָדֶ֑ךָ וְהָי֥וּ לְטֹטָפֹ֖ת בֵּ֥ין עֵינֶֽיךָ׃
    וּכְתַבְתָּ֛ם עַל־מְזוּזֹ֥ת בֵּיתֶ֖ךָ וּבִשְׁעָרֶֽיךָ׃ ס

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.
    And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
    And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today.
    Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.
    Tie them to your hands as a reminder, and wear them on your forehead.
    Write them on the door posts of your house and on your gates."

The name Israel (Yisrael) (ישראל ) means
    Contender~struggle~wrestle~prevail with God~God prevails.

These instructions were given to people who wrestle, struggle, contend, prevail with God.

If you are one of those people, heed these words with your whole heart.

At home...laying down...getting up...teach them to your children...place them in / on your home...wear them on your forehead (have them in the forefront of your mind)...tie them to your hands (in doing with your hands, remember them)

...and do it wholeheartedly. big_smile

1. 0
      ClareBarosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

QT, this song reminds me of those words.  Thank you.  smile

2. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 6 years ago

I'd say that is the best reason for a Christian to teach their children the faith.

3. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 6 years ago

That is a beautiful song by Amy Grant Clare.

You might want to post it in the 'Go ahead say Merry Christmas' thread.  It has been moved to the Holidays & Celebrations forums.  Or you can go to it here, Go ahead say Merry Christmas.

1. 0
      ClareBarosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  I'll do that.  smile