jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Christians, Muslims, Jews - Are you cutting short your spirituality?

1. TimTurner profile image79
    TimTurnerposted 6 years ago

Most of you know who read the forums that I believe and know of something far greater than any religion.  And it's something you can't preach or show people how to obtain it.  Everyone has to find their own way.

But I can steer you in a bigger direction.  All religions are branches of the spiritual tree.  All religions preach almost the same exact "commandments" or "precepts" or whatever you want to call it.  Most religions stop at 10 of these rules but some religions go to almost a 100 rules of life.

The point of religions isn't to try to disprove of each other but build on each other.  It's not supposed to fight over who has more followers (that's the business side of religion...more followers equals more money).

There is something far more powerful and infinite than any religion or "god" entity.

Stopping your spiritual pursuit with the religion that you believe is cutting yourself short.  All the answers will not be found in your own religion.  You accept the unknown answers as "god's will" or the higher power has "all the answers."  But you continue to wonder "why."  Any one of us can know those "why's" ourselves as that is the true meaning of spirituality.  And knowing the "why's" will only put a smile on your face with pure infinite knowledge smile

The purpose of this forum post is to get you to open the box a little further and look at why religions have been created since the beginning of time.  No religion was first and no religion will be last.

Religions are part of the spiritual tree.  Religions are part of our consciousness which is a pure form of energy that taps into the Universe that will never die.  But you must look at the roots of the spiritual tree to find all your answers smile

"Settling" with your religious beliefs is fine but there are things far more powerful and rewarding to complete your spiritual tree.  Don't be scared.  Just look a little further smile

1. 59
      (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's been shown that the current religions today are based on other ancient religions, Sumerian for example, who were the first to organize and write down their beliefs, which later inspired the Mesopotamians.

It could be likely that the current religions will be replaced by others in the future. Maybe Scientology or Raelian.

1. 0
        sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're full of deepness too.

TimTurnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I just read a ton of bickering religon posts (which I've been apart of) and just made me realize we are all fighting over small stuff.  We forget the bigger picture sometimes smile

1. 0

I agree as long as this isn't a ploy to make the religious look stupid.

No that is definitely not my point in this post.  I hope it didn't come across that way.

1. 0

No you didn't I'm alittle gun shy. Meditation and examination are critical to the religious.

2. 59
              (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have the observed the religious AND the non-religious make themselves look stupid.

They didn't need any help from us. wink

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Any your OP statement and your secondary statement shows you don't really understand a religion.

A religious sect or order is all based on core ethical beliefs and serve a higher cause.

If that cause is to exist outside reality, then it doesn't do any good for a person to believe that it really exists.

Therefore, there shouldn't be any belief in it.

Since the human body can never be 100% fooled by a faith, because the consciousness, conscience and subconscious KNOWS better. Then there can never be no doubt.

Everyone, it doesn't matter who you are, you are a human being first and foremost, and things that are outside reality isn't real.

That's all I'm going to say on the topic. Have a nice day Tim.

You cannot base your belief structure on reality as everyone's reality is different.  With Einstein's space-time continuum, we know reality can be bent.

Each person's "reality" is a mere human word to try to define something far greater.

And a person's subconscious is simply the most powerful thing that we have has humans.  It is not a physical form or entity and has limitless abilities.

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Wow. You two are really deep.