The BIG Questions

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (55 posts)
  1. The Grey Wolf profile image61
    The Grey Wolfposted 14 years ago

I feel I need to ask these questions just to see what you all think and maybe get a good discusion going.
    What is the meaning of life? Why are we here? Why are things the way they are? Where did god come from? He can't always have been there. Are there more of him? If so where are they? Does the toilet really swirl the other way in Austailia?
    You know, the big questions.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image74
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1. pylos26 profile image70
        pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

???...

1. earnestshub profile image83
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Always trust admin! 42 is correct! smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, to be honest- this is a open forum and you can ask whatever questions you feel like. With that said- I'll attempt to answer your questions.

This question seems to be the most difficult question, because 'religion' tries to answer it, but fails to bring a logical explanation forth.

How ever, since you have a consciousness that tells you are alive, and a conscience that tells you right from wrong, and a subconscious that reinforces your conscience, by sending signals to you, in the aspect of 'gut' instinct(men) or 'intuition' feeling(women), so to better guide you forward in life.

With this understanding and your coherent attitude to stick with your conscience, for which it determines your honesty, then you'll be able to always be honest with yourself and most likely be honest in your dealings with others.

To create meaning for your life is to give your existence a purpose, specifically tuned to who you want to be as a person.

You are NOT to accept any outside or external guidance, such as 'god' or 'government'. You are to make honest thoughts, create honest actions and try to work toward self-spirituality through doing creative things to better people's lives.

Why are we here? ** This question asks for a 'collective' reason for humankind's existence. This question has no need to ever be answered, because each human has an individual mind, therefore can create different paths. If you want to absorb the concept of "Why are we here?" you have to understand that every single person on the planet MUST BE on the same page. The likelihood, isn't going to be seen for a long time to come, just look at present day society.

Why are things the way they are? ***Because there is too many unanswered questions or questions that have been answered with lies and deceit.

Where did god come from? *** The 'god' concept was found by accident, by rulers of ancient civilizations. They used it to enslave humans, so they could build, support or enforce their own beliefs on to others. It was reinforced, by governments.

Religion is a business, based on a code of 'ethics' bound to a 'higher' cause. This puts one person against themselves, by forcing one to use their own free will against their ow nature.

He can't always have been there. *** There is no god.

Are there more of him? ** None to begin with. Except in mythology.

If so where are they? Again, there are none.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so lemme ask you this, Cagsil

if there is no creator, where did you come from?
        where did space, planets, rocks and all that hot air come from?

perhaps if you can answer this, it would clear up all the 'confusion'

-and don't give me that mumbo-jumbo-poof-it-was-just-here-anti theist-religion thing, give us an intelligent, sound, logical and reasonable PROOF of what you believe, and perhaps we will accept it.

muchas gracias, `migo

1. Cagsil profile image70

You ask this question, like YOU KNOW where I came from? Which is impossible.

I was born, with loving parents, both who were humans being who existed on Earth, inside the United States of America. To be more specific- my mother gave birth to me, on October 22, 1968.

I hope you don't try to spin this into who created my mother or who created the human race? Because, humans simply exist. We came about by natural evolution of the Universe.

I love the fact that you need to explain things, which have NO baring on your life. Kinda like the 'god' you pray to.

Where did space, planet, rocks and all that hot air come from?

This pathetic attempt to involve everything into one solution is ridiculous and absurd. It's void of any reasoning whatsoever.

You FAIL to realize- YOU have no proof "GOD" exists. And, you're trying to turn around the argument, which you fight from a defensive position, into an offensive fight.

YOU can not do that, because- Science has PROVED "god" does not live, reside or exist inside our reality. Reality isn't subjective to one indivdual's belief or faith or thoughts, will, desires or wishes.

Reality is everything WE KNOW is real. "GOD" isn't real, therefore doesn't exist.

And, btw- please try not to classify me as an 'atheist', because I REJECT ALL Religions, because they are detrimental to human life.

1. profile image0

um, exactly my point -you haven't answered the question.
            instead you keep crowing about the creator not existing.
            ps, anti theist is not the same as atheist.
            if you do not believe the creator exists then why do use such words as 'faith' 'belief' 'will' as these all pertain to a 'deeper meaning' of existence. an unseen thing that we are drawn toward, that binds us to the universe we live in, if in fact we do live in one -right?- that being reality which we perceive as existence -correct? prove why some how we are all -even in this forum- in the same reality, when each one of our perceptions of reality is different.

again, prove it to me -a philosopher and scientist.
            prove what you theorize as life/human life, so we can understand it and enjoy it. That is what i asked. I didn't asked for a religious anti-thesis.

again, muchas gracias `migo.

Is this or was your response suppose to make sense?

2. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Intelligent,sound,logical and reasonable"...hey!!!...wait a minute...those are words believers know nothing about.

lol lol lol lol

2. Allan Bogle profile image68
        Allan Bogleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My conscience tells me that there is a God. Thankfully Cagsil has now shown how belief in God is rational.Casgil correctly states that "a conscience tells you right from wrong." And it tells me that it is right to believe in God.

My conscience determines that my belief in God is an honest decision.

Then why are you offering guidance to us? This is a self-defeating proposition.

Provide the evidential criteria for this view. Remember you stated that you base your views on hard fact.

Provide the factual evidence about how the universe came to be.

Oh I get it, you skirt the issue by refusing to answer the question. So let me get this straight, you are getting onto theists for providing a reason for the universe but state it doesnt need to be answered? Please.

Most of society believes in God. What a bizarre "proof" you have there.

Provide one shred of evidential criteria that shows that God is not real. And as others have stated, dont give me your new age mumbo jumbo. Remember you stated your views are based on cold hard fact.

As someone who has a Masters in political philo I find this statement utterly ludicrous. Evidently philosophy to you does not include Kant, Kierkegaard, Descartes, Leibniz, and countless others, etc.

Then why are you judging theists? Another self-defeating statement.

3. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

See? Told ya....ask Cagsil..  smile

3. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

George Carlin said plastic was the answer to all those ?s  its one of his best bits

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no meaning of life.  It's only  a chance of causality. the Universe is all Energy, and that's what we are.

We are here because our organism works perfectly in this environment.

the things are the way they are, because that's how human beings perceive them.

God comes from the human mind. It's a human creation. Animals can't believe in gods. They don't need them.

There are as many Gods as the human imagination permits, including the Spaguetti Monster.

And about the toilet
      Who cares ?

1. Allan Bogle profile image68
        Allan Bogleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If everything is meaningless then that includes your post.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course ! and you as well ! lol

5. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes,the toilet Dose swirl the other way in Australia,but an even bigger question is What size breast dose it take to crush an empty beer can,Now that is relevant...

1. The Grey Wolf profile image61
        The Grey Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my god... YES!!!

WE MUST BE ILLUMINATED ON THIS! SOMEONE FIND PICTURES!

1. cheaptrick profile image75
          cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have to set some parameters and use scientific terms to lend this experiment some kind of legitimacy,so from now on lets talk Mass,Velocity,and shots of whiskey to add enhance appreciation.KOOL?

6. sannyasinman profile image60
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some simple answers to the BIG questions:

1. 21
      2. We aren't.
      3. They aren't.
      4. He didn't.
      5. He is.
      6. No.
      7. Toilets don't move, they are usually fixed to the ground.
      8. God prabolby levis in Austailia, wherever that is smile

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

ask cagsil
    bart simpson knows the toilet one.
    my belief is each individual decides what thier own life is for. there is no one meaning of life. i forgot the rest of the questions...

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Answer smile

3. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

God is the ultimate power of all good is always and for ever present or eternal.
    Unlike The ultimate power of evil which will eventually cancel out it's own self except it assimilate some good or God.

This earth where we see night and day, good and evil is the place where God sow his seed in the form of sons of men and will reap sons of God.

The way of the enemy is to continue this age for eternity by keeping the sons of God ignorant of who they are thus keeping them under his control. 

When I set to austrailia I would continue...

4. The Grey Wolf profile image61

I've got some more questions.
    Why does god care in the first place,and why should we care about him?

1. profile image0

simply stated: what creator would not care about their creation.
      the purpose of humans is not to 'make things a little better' but to do precisely what the Creator did: create and care for that creation.

yes, their are many more of him -all of us!
      things are the way they are today because mankind has ignored what he was made to be.

as for the toilet: depends on the day, i suppose.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I've always believed that our pupose in life is to make the world a little bit better, even if it's helping only one other person (or an animal) along the way.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think something like that too smile We all have at least one gift we can share with others. Those who live well share it alot.

6. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I know I will catch all kinds of hate mail for this but the forum asked and I will answer.  So in the spirit of the forum topic please don't cut me down but rather offer your own answers. 

God, the Eternal Father, has all power and authority.  Through Him sprang creation by Jesus, Michael and others.  There is a never-ending chain of Gods.  Our purpose here is to gain a body and progress in this life and ultimately, if proven worthy, obtain eternal life and exaltation. The object of eternal life and the ultimate happiness of all beings is to have joy unlimited and uninhibited.  Yes, this would also entail the possibility of coming into the presence of the Father and becoming "as the gods" ourselves and to have that eternal life and joy as we have the opportunity of eternal spirit offspring just as our Father has with all of us.  This can only be achieved through the path of Jesus Christ under the power and authority of the Eternal Father.  That is the great secret that the adversary has kept veiled from the understanding of the inhabitants of the Earth.  As man now is God once was - as God now is man may become.  This, according to my feelings, is the ultimate goal of all human beings as royal spirit offspring of God, the Eternal Father.

OK guys - slam away.  I've heard it all before.  It's just my thoughts.

Interesting.......hmmmm......

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

@ Twenty One Days

You are going on the ASSUMPTION of a creator.

Science says, GOD doesn't exist, because it, he, him or whatever, doesn't reside, live or exist in reality.

1. profile image0

okay, let me say it slower:
      again, you keep talking about 'god' though you don't believe there is such a thing -ironic or just argumentative...

my question was: Cagsil:
      prove what YOU perceive/believe (not what you don't believe).
      i think it is clear what you don't believe.
      sooooo, what do you believe, what is your perception of reality?

i'll even go so far as to say 'please' prove it.

Yes, I know 100% that there is no 'god' looking out for humanity. If you need proof- look around at society, and don't simply blame mankind for it, because IF 'god' did exist, then I'm sure, even someone or something of that intelligence would do something. It only makes sense.

My perception of reality? You make no sense. Reality is NOT based on perceptions or even perspective. I thought I had already said that.

Reality exists free of independent thoughts, desires, will, or wishes. Reality is ALL knowable.

That means, whatever mankind has discovered for knowledge and has created is real. Anything outside of the defined Reality is non-existent, because it's not be discovered yet.

As an example: I can SAY "there is a cure for cancer!", Yet it's not true. People could believe me, but it is still not true. Why? Because it doesn't exist yet. Yes, medical establishment is feverishly working on it, but until the CURE is actually FOUND - it doesn't exist in reality.

I hope that helped clear it up.

2. ragnaworks profile image59
      ragnaworksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So we already know all of reality then? We've mapped out the entire universe, and learned all its secrets? I think not. Science is not currently advanced enough to make an absolute determination one way or the other as to the existence of a higher power(s). Our level of science has barely even begun to scratch the surface of reality. The amount of information we don't know is infinitely greater than the amount we do know. To say that something doesn't exist, simply because we don't yet know of it, goes against the whole goal of science itself. The purpose of science is to gain more information about our reality, and to a much smaller extent our world. Science is all about keeping an open mind, not closing yourself off to the possibilities.

8. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

It all depends on your worldview.

I believe there is a God, the God of the bible. So I find meaning is every aspect of life because I know there is a meaning, a truth that will one day soon be revealed. If you don’t believe in God life really has no point so live it up.

If you want the true meaning of life you find the original giver of life, That's God.

The law of cause of effect is quite clear of this everything came to be from nothing thus must be and uncaused cause that brought the universe in existence.(God is not created, he’s eternal, He has always been God.)

For anyone to say there is no Creator you'll easily find there they must willing discard rationally to come to such a conclusion.

You have conscience that tell you right from wrong meaning is must have been placed there, by a moral lawgiver. Animals kill  at will, steal at will and only react when punished. Human tell a lie and know it's wrong.

I'll be the first to admit religion not God. Every culture has  concept of a creator God.

When you look at everything around you common sense would dictate This was no accident.

The very fact to yearn to know the Creator mean there is one.

You can either use logic to say nothing created everything(0+0=1), matter is eternal(disproved) or there is a uncaused caused created everything(now who that God is another matter) either way logic and faith are required. I know I'm a theist.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-You-Handle- … uth-of-God

In the end you have to make the choice.

First off- I'd like to point to something that you are leaving out, and probably on purpose.

The right of choice to do what they want with their life. It's called: Self-Purpose. They can create their own purpose for their life.

Unfortunately, it's religion and religious people, like yourself, that continue to hold back mankind from taking the next evolutionary step. Why? Because of FEAR that "GOD" doesn't really exist. Any further advancement in mankind, will eliminate any thought of a 'god'.

The truth? People who speak of GOD as anything is speaking lies, perpetuated by those who are in power and control over mankind.

GOD doesn't exist and to think that an 'uncaused' cause has to happen to create our universe, and you leap to the conclusion that 'god' had to be behind it? This is stupid. To think it wasn't possibly caused by something else other than 'god', seems to have escaped your grasp. You are automatically giving credit for the universe's existence, based on no factual evidence.

Just because, the WHY? of the universe is not known, also doesn't mean it's a question that ever needs to be answered in the first place.

The Universe exists. Just like, Life on Earth exists. Nothing created the Human Race. It's irrational and insanity to believe that something did.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No disrespect, but do you think I am insane for believing in a creator?

No disrespect taken.

I'm going to try and not insult you, so as to not ruin our position, because we do agree on some things. How ever, I would prefer to not think that people are really insane, but are insane, should they believe in something that is outside reality.

I mean, if you live your life, under the assumption, of a creator, it means that you live outside of reality, because inside reality- the 'creator' doesn't exist. If the 'right-side' of your brain takes control of your 'left-side', by interjecting images, which can not be reasoned or realized as real, then yes, insanity is a possibility.

I don't think you are insane, because you believe in a 'creator', but that is because I've seen your method of thought, which is mostly based on logic and reasoning. I can understand, if you want to believe in a 'creator'.

I'm just trying to simply state that 'god' isn't necessarily, the right answer, to answer why the universe exists or how humans came to be.

Insanity, has many different definitions and many different levels, in today's world. My use of the word was to demonstrate crazy way of thinking. It's a leap of faith to believe in a 'creator' when you have no factual evidence to back it up.

Just like you always said- Religion has no facts, and faith is what people have.

Beliefs are suppose to be based on truth or things known to be true. A 'creator' is not known truth, nor is known at all.

That's all. I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but it does happen from time to time.

2. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cags didn't we do this dance before? You couldn't prove evolution and you so elegantly danced around my questions. The only religious one here is you(just look at the forum top contributors).   
        0+0=1 is illogical, but you can't see that.
        You're taking Dawkins worship to a whole new level.

Actually, I provided you PROOF of Evolution. It's you who didn't bother see it as it is.

Your proof of evolution is YOUR consciousness.

The Human Consciousness is Evolution. It is proof, evolution exists, because NOT all humans in the beginning were conscious of their own life.

History records that mankind for a few thousand years, was not conscoius of their own life....each was guided by nature, thru the right-side of their brain. That proves, the human race, came from Earth itself and wasn't created by anything else.

Language was developed by society, so to better communicate from human to human.

1. profile image0
            thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops sorry Cags, a conscience is proof of God not evolution.(Hebrews 8:10)

Unfortunately you suffer from ABG(Anything but God syndrome) It’s contagious and in order to survive you must spread it.

What history record has ever shown people weren't conscience of life? We already talked about the futile thinking you speak of is denounced by even the most skeptical minds of today. Why, because it doesn’t make sense. It could never be proven it was nothing more than a passing thought  that you’ve embraced as your religion, you literally worship it. Actually humans can be trace back to a common ancestor (Adam and Eve).  To say people were once not conscience of life and by some miracle became conscience and spoke the most complex language ever known and built structures that are still a mystery to humans today is illogical. And if you weren’t so blinded you’d see that.

Look in the mirror you’re proof of a Creator. I know it kills you to think of yourself as a creation, but you are.

1. marinealways24 profile image59
              marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone can believe in a creator without believing the bible. Do you think the bible is logical?

1. profile image0

The 'bible' is a collection of historical facts to act as a guide.
                It is a known fact the Torah & Koran both include historical records of Abram, Isaak, Esau even Moses. Also, the 'new testament' apart from the four epistles are letters. Yet the people have been taught to 'quote' these letters and pages as power of truth. From my experience and study, according to the Author of Life, the letter kills but the Spirit brings Life.
                what's more is the people have been led into spiritual captivity aka golden shackles of half truths -what i call the carrot-theory. Preachers and the like dangle the carrot but never actually SHOW the people HOW TO live the abundant life they so preach. Strangely, the Author of Life SHOWED them how and only asked that the teachers of 'the faith' SHOW others the same.
                In addition, these wolves keep the people in fear of damnation. Yet it is written: it is finished and also, He died ONCE that ALL ARE SAVED. and no mention of 'the great tribulation' in the last book. In fact the last book opens with: This is the Revelation of Y'shua Moshiach ( The Anointed One ) not, this is the book of the end and the destruction of man).

I believe the teachers of the 'bible' are false priests. Pharacese and Sadducees. One opposing the other to keep control of the people.

2. profile image0

sorry `migo, but that is the biggest bowl of sh!te i have ever heard. Consciousness is an Awareness. Just because we are aware of 'xyz' does not mean we have evolved. That is a Philo 101 essay. better go back and check that again, friend.

9. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Cagsil, You got it on this one.

"I don't think you are insane, because you believe in a 'creator', but that is because I've seen your method of thought, which is mostly based on logic and reasoning. I can understand, if you want to believe in a 'creator'."

You are right, I choose to believe in one and do not believe in a creator as absolute allowing faith to overtake logic. I will agree that some faithful extremist are insane in the fact they completely disreguard logic for faith.  Thanks

10. wfmommies profile image57
    wfmommiesposted 14 years ago

Since God is alive you should ask Him! If you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.Deut.4:29

11. The Grey Wolf profile image61

For starters, I will not "ask the Creator" because I despise the guy. Second, Cags', I have to disagree with the concept of there being no "Gods". I can neither prove nor disprove the existence of god, just like the religios weirdos can't disprove the Big Bang. I accept that there may be a god out there some where, and if there is he can go suck an egg, that sadistic illigitamate offspring of a female canine.

That said, Cags, who's to say that this is reality truly exists.  Who's to say you aren't a figment of my imagination? That all things are naught but the imaginings of some dreamer? Further, who's to say that god doesn't exist in another reality?

Tantrum, I have a question for you, and forgive the dark nature. If all is pointless and the world, the universe, and life has no meaning or reason, then what is the point of living? Why continue on in this world? Why should we all put ourselves thruough the pain and misery of this cruel existence on this wretched rock if all has no purpose? My question is double if there is nothing to look forward to after this world and we all simply cease to be.

12. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Why does there have to be a meaning to life?
    If there is a God and he is aware of you and I, and we are aware of him, why is it such a big deal?

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Does anybody really care?

How do I pass "go" and collect $200 dollars?

These are the big questions for me. Forget the rest.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol whats for dinner?

13. The Grey Wolf profile image61

I...
    I hate you guys...
    Leave us to our hypotheticals you big meanies! T.T

14. janni321 profile image59
    janni321posted 14 years ago

I have not yet get the answer for what is the meaning of life. My theory about life is that it has no meanings and it is just an intermediate form of some kind of universal process

15. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No, god really doesn't exist.
    What we do know is that the only sources of god are in the bible or quoran where god is depicted as a psychopath.Both written by sex and hate crazed men with a psychological agenda to control. Bloody obvious I reckon..

1. ragnaworks profile image59

So, assuming that both Christianity and Islam are wrong, that proves there is no higher power? Why is the existence of a higher power dependent on the validity of any one religion?

1. earnestshub profile image83
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because these religions all have the same type of psychosis to explain there psychopathic god. Read the books, I have!

1. ragnaworks profile image59

I have already read them. My point though is this: Let's assume for the sake of argument that all religions are wrong, that none of their gods exist. Does that mean there is no higher power at all, or simply that if there is a higher power, it is not like anything described in any of humanity's religious texts?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)