The Fall Of Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (151 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

The roof is caving and the gates are crumbling,

Watch as the religious run scattering and fumbling.

Is evolution the devil, are we all from ape's?

I thought animals were allowed in heavens gate.

The biblical lies could only last so long,

It's time for preachers and Jesus to write a new song.

Don't be sad, the lies need attention,

Will there be sanity or chaos in the fall of religion?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no reason Jesus should write a new "song".  The one He did write is perfect and beautiful!

..Preachers, maybe yeah they need to edit some of their stuff!

And yes religion may fall.  But Faith never will.

1. Precious Pearl profile image74
        Precious Pearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Writing one song is not enough. Sing that one for the rest of your life and pretend you're not bored. That's why there's more than one kind of flower, more than one kind of dog, more than one kind of human.

Sing me a new song. I don't know if I'll like it, but I'll take over being bored to death over hearing the same thing over and over. That's human nature. We want a certain consistency for safety and routine and we want variety so we don't get bored.

1. tksensei profile image61
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are we talking about songs? Morality doesn't change because people are 'bored.'

2. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You would need the help of the antichrist, so there will be chaos.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You aren't strong enough to maintain your faith without religion?

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From what I can tell you don't know anything about faith or the people who possess it. You may proclaim you do but , you don't. You and your cronies need to quit reading those philosophy pamplets you buy at the flea market.

2. Make  Money profile image66

Of course I am.  The church is the people, they make up the religion.  You are going to have to do away with what, about 80 to 90% of the people on this planet if you want to do away with religion.  That is quite the holocaust that you have planned.  Does your doctor know about your plan?  It seems you are a bit out numbered at this time, that's why I said you will need the help of the antichrist.

I didn't say kill off the religious, I said kill the conscience governing belief system. You don't have to kill the believers to kill the system. lol

1. Make  Money profile image66

Well that's what you would have to do.  The church is the people, they make up the religion, maintain the churches with their offering and is where every dollar comes from for the many charities they support.

So do you still have plans for your holocaust?

I don't know about you, but I think it's pretty sick for religion/government to form a mythical belief that entrap some believers minds for their entire lives. I don't think it's right for people being lied to, even if they are content. Your belief is the holocaust, not mine. Belief is made to learn and grow, not stay the same. How often does your belief book change?

........... roll

So many people who seem incapable of thinking about religion beyond the level of a child also posture as if this makes them 'intellectual.'  roll

3. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe religion is falling just like I don't believe that those who do not believe are growing weaker either, what I believe is that we are becoming more divided instead of listening and learning from each other. By the wa nice poem. smile

Thank You AEvans, I always appreciate you reading and commenting. Would you say more people are starting to individualize?

1. AEvans profile image74

I believe more are starting to individualize and more are questioning but that is why we all have minds, all of us can make our own decisions isn't it nice we have choices? smile

Yes, this is the beauty of an individual mind, the power to form an individual belief. This is why I don't agree with religion, it tells individuals what to believe contradicting an individual mind from forming it's own belief.

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

RELIGIONS

The entire Buddhist monk's life is but a preparation,
      For his Death Point or moment of separation.

The Jains have santhara,
      Quitting life consciously to join with the paramatma.

Hindus go into Samadhi,
      Where there is no Congress, Shiv Sena , BJP or Samajwadi.

The Christian merges with the Holy Spirit,
      Peace, no more desperate.

The Sufi mystic to become one,
      Dances, twirls, prays, trances to get the job done.

Aghora means Illumined with Light,
      Longing for Shiva in whom they delight.

Shamanism or the Art of Ecstasy,
      The ultimate being one with the super entity.

There is no need to change your faith,
      And on your old religion lay a wreath.

5. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religions are mans poor attempt to politicize God's will.  There is one problem in that scenario.  The corruption that inevitably ensues in any political endeavor.

1. profile image0

Corruption! Thats a laugh! Just make sure you look up otherwise it may land on you.

1. rhamson profile image70

Just remember when the money changers tables were thrown over and try and justify that with God.

2. tksensei profile image61

No, they are one of the most fundamental ways of forming communities.

1. rhamson profile image70

Whatever!

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I really don't know what to say to you

Religious debates cause much hullabaloo

There's for and against and no in-between

And much is below the iceberg, unseen

They fight and they row, they snap and they snarl

Most days it becomes a free for all brawl

I'm really unsure why they don't all agree

To live and let live - so that we're all free

Of the religious text, that's always on show

That makes most shake their heads and shout out NO!

Not more of the same - ohhhh there can't be a God

Because surely he'd smite the athiest squad.

big_smile tongue wink

lol

Excellent!

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea I agree with ya  Religion should die so that then you and I could see God better.     
          Tha Devil made um do it.

2. pennyhowington profile image60
      pennyhowingtonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

KUDOS!  I would normally say AMEN, but I don't dare! smile

3. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Marine you spoke truth but not exactly the way you would like to think.

You see the death of all hypocrisy is coming to an end.

And while there is much of that in religion, there is  enough  outside of it also.

You see  all the time while religion point the world and the world point religion, none took the time to clean their own eye.

But it is understandable that religion will endure the bigger shame for the world did not presume to speak for God.

No matter how we protest the situatiopn of the world; ...  we all survive drawing upon the nourishment of it.

4. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

god ideas will never fall . religions will.

5. profile image0
    B52 Bomberposted 14 years ago

Don`t fool yourself marine.Religions head will still be raised and smiling long after you and I are gone. It`s been here 20 centuries,it`ll be here 20 more.

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

A single foundaition can stand under many diffrent houses.

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The Fall Of Religion?

It's been happening for about 30 years now.

More and more people are not interested in Religion, because of what they see happening. There are some people who simply believe in God, but have no religious affiliations whatsoever.

So, religion is dying already. Less and less students of religion exist. When I say student, I mean they study and enact the doctrines in their life. Nothing like the average person, who possibly goes to church once a week. Or confession once a month.

Religion was debunked and defunked, a history book and a mythology book, combined to tell a great tale. Ever since, the 70's, religion has been slowly losing followers, because people(society) is evolving beyond foolish notions and mystical inclinations.

Am I sad to see it go? No. Do I care what happens when it's gone? Sure, because by the time it has been completely realized by the World, that God doesn't exist- then maybe they will look to themselves, use their integrated mind, for something more than petty routine of daily living, and do something to make the world a better place, instead of complaining about it and placing blame on others.

YES, I'll be glad when it's gone. The world will be a much better place, because of NEW WAY of thinking will evolve out of it.

When Religion falls ..... God will stand so tall that all eyes will then be able to see him in all of his glory.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh please. roll

That's what you need to learn how to say WITH feeling.

If only you traveled in the shoes I walked the path with, then and only then, can you tell me anything.

You don't know.   My shoes are probably tore up as much or MORE than yours. We just don't know what you don't know, 
              YA KNOW

You can't even figure out the context of sentence, much less anything else.

WOW! I'm done with this test subject. lol lol Next? lol

2. profile image0

You might as well say you only listen to yourself.

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahaa! The drones awaken!

2. profile image0
      B52 Bomberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where has your head been fellow? Religion is growing in leaps and bounds all over the world.

8. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Cags, you do design for hire?  You are a graphic artist, yeah?

1. profile image0
      blackorchidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im a graphic designer can that help?

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

could do tongue

I am still about 6 months away but I want to launch my own site, just trying to work out it all out.

9. mobilephone guide profile image59
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

promote critical thinking. try not to provoke religions, the more you provoke the more it fights. it will die on its own. however, beliefs never will die and will spring another set or kind of "religion"

Promoting critical thinking is promoting the fall of religion.

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Very different views, great poetry from both! smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

2. profile image0
      B52 Bomberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Went to your profile and checked out your stuff. You seem kind of high strung.Maybe should name you Thunder from Down Under.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, really easy going, typical lay back Australian here. I do get stuck in to religion in the hub you would have read though. smile

3. marinealways24 profile image61

Thank Earnest!

11. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

holy crap. is this what happens atheists get the dry heaves?

...yikes...

12. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

The Bird Lady’s fond of all pigeons.
    So much that she’d start a religion.
    She’d call, “Kitty-coo,”
    From under the poo
    Which weighed much on her final decision.

Above from a hub I wrote earlier this year and pretty much sums up my estimation of religions and most other institutions and political systems.

I don't believe religion is falling. Such institutions have devout followers pouring billions into insuring their continued existence. If religion were falling, we would would see lower numbers, less influence peddling, and much, much less war. (War seems to be about religion or political ideologies.) But we see more militant followers of established religions, and the detractors are bent on "new brands" of religion that support whatever fashion of thinking is in vogue. However, that doesn't mean that many of us will accept or embrace any religion. It's just a reflection of how many people feel incomplete or not whole in and of themselves.

Whatever there may be which is greater than us, is not about an organization built on the egos and dogmas of a man's imagination. Being aware of what may be greater than us is the first step in becoming whole, I believe. One must be aware that there is something greater than him/herself. And some do not ever subscribe to that thinking, which I do not believe is either right or wrong. Awareness or unawareness does not determine whether or not a person is good or bad.

But I do believe that religion is an unnecessary middle man.

If you need any evidence that religion is falling, turn the radio onto conservative talk and listen for a day. The religious openly acknowledge that religion is falling. I agree with pretty much everything else you wrote.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!!

Back away from talk radio, and no one gets hurt. The hype, fear and hate mongering on talk radio is endless. How could anyone listen to it and believe a syllable.

The Catholic church ain't fallin'. I see no cracks. Too much money in that one and so many others. People fall, Chruches just collect more money.

You don't think evolution has religion scrambling for new interpretations? lol

13. profile image54
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

It certainly does appear that religions are having trouble keeping their flocks as more and more people become informed and educated, especially with the advance of the internet. I've seen many people join forums as a believer and soon afterwards give up their faiths as they begin to understand their folly.

Islam appears to be following the same route as Christianity, with surges of violence and internal conflict that we saw in Christianity 4-6 centuries ago.

Of course, with the passing of the law earlier this year in the UN that makes defaming religion a human rights violation, we have stepped back to the Bronze Age, hopefully only temporarily.

Thanks, I didn't know that (Q).

So basically all you militant atheists and the ones in here that attack religion are committing a UN human rights violation.

I wonder if HubPages realizes that.  It doesn't seem like it.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, in fact, it was the result of several Islamic countries that pushed through the vote. Christians should be very worried about that as it takes us one step closer to an Islamic worldwide state.

Defaming and attacking are two different things, a realization you'll have if you look up their definitions in a dictionary.

14. tksensei profile image61

I see an incredible amount of insecurity on this thread,

I think it's insecure for individuals to rely on other people to control their belief.

15. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Perhaps it is wrong to pop on with a comment, if so I apologise up front. I have heard that 3 churches a day in America close their doors. Again, just adding a thought, Holly

Do you have a source for that?

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not a formal universally accepted one...our pastor shared that with us at church. Holly

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

Those would be congregations. That makes perfect sense. However, as I stated before, I don't see any financial cracks in the Catholic church and many others. Shutting doors is different than going out of business. It's extremely rare for a church to go out of business. They're usually just remodeling their "truth" to fit current trends.

And the truth never changes.

Uh huh.

3. tksensei profile image61

Yeah, without some support I'm gonna have to file that under 'suspicious.'

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago
    5. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

God doesn't change marine.  I find it a shame that others are being brainwashed into new age thought too.

Belief learns and changes, even beliefs of your God. If it didn't change, believers wouldn't leave your religion. You are the one brainwashed under the illusion you are in a favored unifying belief.

2. marinealways24 profile image61

If your God doesn't need to change, why is there the OT and the NT? lol

If it didn't change, why didn't God kill Jesus in the beginning instead of after the trial and error?

I am very interested to see your faith get you out of this one.

There is a seamless transition from the Old Testament to the New Testament.  Coincidentally a Jew that believes that Jesus is the promised Messiah just posted in a thread a couple of days ago that they don't even separate the Old and New Testaments but just call them the Testament.  I thought that was pretty cool.  I forget his name.  You'd have to understand the Bible to understand your second question.

lol With all your studying, I know the bible better than you from reading it once. Can you not provide an answer?

Why do you ask then?
              Try again.  Bible smile

I wanted to see your individual answer, I forgot, you don't like individual answers. So your bible answer, so we would be forgiven for our sins. Happy?

Why not kill your son sooner before so many people had to die or why kill your son at all to make a point? I don't kill my son to prove a point.

3. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The parody I see is that all opposing religious views whether in favor of god or no god are all playing into the 'prophecy', a belief in total destruction.

One could argue that if you believe it enough, it will happen.  Those opposed play right into this 'thing' which in a lot of ways negates the possibility for change.

I guess I can see things in somewhat a 'collective conscious' of humanity as a whole.  Even if the entire world conformed and said okay, I will bow to god etc... what's happened over the last couple thousand years is enough to fulfill the 'prophecy' itself with out without the belief in god.

So how could you change the course of destiny?  I don't see how getting rid of religion would fix the problem when religious downfall is part of the prophecy which would emphasize peoples belief in the end times prophecy.

Anyone could say, well it wont because it's not true yet it doesn't matter if it is true on not when it hasn't happened but you can take everyday into account in hindsight and see that any attempt to alter what is believed to be our future has only given credence to this 'thing'.

So what could anyone do?

"So what could anyone do?"

Just choose wisely.

Which side do you choose?

2. profile image0

Yes but will it stop the unchanging god?  I don't think so because whatever it actually is, nature, Jesus, Jehovah or whatever it is you believe... all signs point to the same thing.

Total annihilation is inevitable and the best we can do is accept it and do our best to help not harm.  If that means we have to cut back on our wasteful ways, then we have to cut back.  If that means all religions will have to reconcile then you will have to reconcile.  If it means that within a bunch that there will still be unbelievers, then regardless of what they believe, you would know that they were spared because it seems to me that the objective isn't to convert but to save life.

And I know it is too much to ask for the majority of humanity to reconcile its differences even if that was the only way to make it stop.

Also, even if it did.  At this point in our history, it seems that we cannot change.  We might be hopeful but the change most are looking for comes in the form of destruction.

Gandhi once said, "I like Jesus but I cannot stand a Christian."  I am one to say, " I like Christians but I do not like Christianity."  I could also say the same for all religions as well as atheist. 

But surely, it is not enough because on hubpages alone there is a small group of people who are willing enough to change but the majority will be offended, call me the devil, say I am paranoid, tell me I am wrong, site the bible, site the Koran, site scientific journals or whatever.

But yes, chose wisely.  That is the best we can do.  smile

4. marinealways24 profile image61

The only brainwashing is done on those that believe as told. I don't believe anything I read or hear as absolute, how about you?

6. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Religion will never fall, as long as there are humans on earth

You may be right, we aren't the smartest animals.

7. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why each person has to argue with one another it doesn't matter if one believes and another does not those are called (choices). Gentleman here is a link that better explains A vs. B. http://www.gotquestions.org/difference- … ents.html. Here is a link on why Jesus died http://www.gotquestions.org/difference- … ents.html. This does not mean that because I believe someone else has to listen, it is so that the fighting stops and the love begins between each other. Nobody will ever win in a religious forum. sad   Remember this is only my belief and nobody else has to agree it is Christmas and I hope that all of us can get along. smile

How could a group of people ever work together when they are separated through belief groups? I agree no one will win because everyone is insane.

1. AEvans profile image74

I agree ! big_smile See we figured it out which makes us both equally nuts! lolololo big_smile

Excellent! I am serious when I say it. I think the forums are excellent proof that everyone is insane in believing their belief is right, continually trying to convince others that their belief is right. Thanks for being humble enough to admit to your insanity. Maybe we would get somewhere if we strived to be sane instead of striving not to go insane. We are already insane. lol

Oh? People of different faiths can't work together?

To an extent.

Yeah exactly.  People of different faiths and even no faith can work together.  I have friends that don't have any faith.

How is it working out in our country right now? lol

Nonsense.

8. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years ago

AEvansssssssss! yay!

9. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

The choir of heaven joyfully sings

as Jesus descends on angel wings

All will see this glorious sight

but the wicked turn- His glory too bright

The laughing, cursing and mocking shall stop

Jesus places New Jerusalem a mountain top

the mountain will crumble

the earth will quake

a crevasse exposes the fiery lake

and it will be sad when you know its too late

welcome home to your ignorant fate.

You silly prophet, tricks are for kids.

Why does your God let babies die of sids?

Is that to make us pay for our sins?

I thought your hero Jesus already died for what we did.

Threats of hell to believe is for the mind of a coward.

Too bad you are too incompetent to understand doing good for good without expecting a heavenly reward.

1. sooner than later profile image61
          sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My people are lost from a lack of knowledge

don't have to be smart or graduate college

just listen to me, don't think you're so smart

what can you control, not even a fart.

drunk on words like logic, faith and oneself

but the drink you are serving belongs bottom shelf.

You people have masters degees from the college of faith.

Raise whatever hell you want and be hypocrites, you can all still be saved.

Just believe, believe, Jesus will forgive you for your sins.

If you did good from the beginning, you wouldn't have to pray so much in the end.

A drunk belief is a belief of faith without logic.

Will you ever seek treatment or will you continue to be a blissful alcoholic?

10. marinealways24 profile image61
      marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think if people could separate their emotions from their belief, people wouldn't get so offended and want to kill another for not believing the same as them.

1. profile image0

You realize that is a Muslim belief right?  To not allow emotions dictate their actions; so this does not work either.

lol They submit to a God with their emotions, their belief is controlled by an emotional reward of an afterlife.

1. profile image0

Than you understand that emotions cannot be separated from the human, right? 

In Islam, it doesn't matter if they feel bad for what they did, if god said it has to be done, they will do it without or without the promise of 72 virgins especially when they believe they will have to pass through Hell first.

So, if someone says God said you have to kill your son.  They might cry and hate god for asking them to do it but they will still do it.

So, maybe the problem isn't with the emotions themselves but going against what you know is right.  Either way, emotions are part of the human condition and you cannot separate them.

You have no way of knowing whether someone can alter their emotions in a belief unless you are that person. "God" is built from their faith, not from logical thought. lol If they cry because they think a God wants them to kill their kid and do it anyways, they chose the emotional support of God rather than logic. You say emotions are part of the human condition and you can't separate them, do you think police officers work off of emotion or keep a logical mind while they are working?

I also wanted to add about you saying no ideas are unique or new. If that was the case, we would or may never have new science and inventions. Also, old ideas and truths would never be proven wrong. I think you are wrong and limit yourself if you believe no ideas are unique. I disagree with you, I still got love for you though. lol

2. h.a.borcich profile image61

Do you think it is hard to do? And is it something you do? Can you state how it is done? I am curious, Holly

I think it's done by not believing in absolutes. If nothing is believed absolute, I think it expands belief by not being content with a belief.

3. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be human is to have emotion and feeling. Belief is part emotion, that's why its belief in something as compared to knowing something. I understand your point with the whole individual thing but you're beating a dead horse with this argument. Your very insistence and repetition of it, denotes emotion and borderline fanaticism, that really has no logical impulse or outcome as you know going into these threads that they end one way: you stir up things people respond you reply and on and on until someone gets mad, bored, or banned.

Where's the reasonable action distanced and detached from emotion in this thread? You're not displaying it or even approaching it. What you are doing though my friend and brother Marine is merely repeating the same "Belief" in individual reason that you always do and have begun to form it into a sort of religion itself. There is nothing individual or unique about your arguments or theories.

Thunk!!!

Did you hear that? A hammer just hit the nail on the head.

lol, I write on here to learn what others believe and how their mind works. I apologize if you don't understand wanting to learn how other beliefs work. I don't ask anyone to follow my beliefs. I think it is pretty original for me to call the bible a government god. I don't remember reading that anywhere.

"I think it is pretty original for me to call the bible a government god. I don't remember reading that anywhere."

Thats for good reason marine. Its bogus, off the wall jibber jabber with no depth, no historical or reasonable explanation.

When will you be happy with your own conclusion and leave it be?

I explained it with logic. Your faith didn't allow you to see. It keeps you from seeing a lot of things.

2. profile image0

Please man come off the BS, if you wanted to learn what others think you'd shut up and listen not call people ignorant and criticize their faith and belittle them for being illogical. You're as bad a liar as you are a listener. There's no need to play innocence or double clutch with me. I've seen your true intentions unfold on here a hundred times. Just be yourself, and be honest about what you're doing here, because we all know its not spreading love and good will.

lol What is your conspiracy theory? I'm pretty sure it is faith based. What is your logical idea of my "true intentions"? What is it I am doing here? You seem to know without asking me, I would like to hear your faithful assumptions a little further.

1. profile image0

I don't have conspiracy theories man, this world around us is the one we make and if you don't like it then do something yourself to change it. You're the one railing on and on about the religious and government conspiracies. Here's a fresh idea how about you take some responsibility for your own life awhile and give it a rest, and stop blaming the world's issues on religion, faith, and emotion and realize you are the issue in your life. That would take some real courage, and logical thinking wouldn't it.

Good post.

lol All you have are theories just like anyone else. There is a difference though, you base yours on faith without logic. I didn't ask you to read anything I write, so stop crying when I am repetitive on something. I learn something new everytime others and I post. Don't try to define logic when you have an irrational limited mind. I don't claim to know anything, I claim to know nothing in absolutes. You are the one thats so emotional in your faith.

1. profile image0

Way to skip right past the issue and deflect it with defensive backpedaling, WOW you just showed us all how deeply logical and open minded you are...hey keep ignoring reality, whatever works for you man. PS, my theories are proven everytime you post something on here, keep up the good work, and stay behind those limits on truth.

Oh yeah wouldn't an irrational mind be free from the limits of rational thoughts and rules. Or does that conflict with your LIMITED ideas of individuality.

You don't logically explain anything you write, whats the difference? What is my limit on truth? Another assumption. You are blissfully assumptive aren't you.

What is my limited idea of individuality? When did I say that belief shouldn't have emotion? I think it can have faith and logic, you didn't assume that did you. Do you posess logical thought or do you just think you do by faith?

3. profile image0

You mean the because the Bible itself says that the integration of politics and religion is pretty much the devil.

Your thoughts are not unique. Sorry, still love you though. smile

I love you too! But, I disagree. Everyone's thoughts are unique until they follow anothers.

1. profile image0

I disagree because all thoughts however unique they might feel, are derived from another.  What you have here is faith.  You believe that you are unique, that your thoughts are your own but they aren't.

They are shaped now matter how much you want to believe that they aren't.  It's hard to get your mind around it but if you thought of it on your own, I guarantee you that I can find another who thought the same thing.  Coincidence?  Do you need faith to do it?  Is it derived from an emotion? 

Right now I bet your feeling pretty irritated but you will say otherwise. lol

Do you have faith that you know what I believe without me telling you?

I think you are wrong. If no ideas are unique, nothing new would be learned.

11. sooner than later profile image61

your poetry stinks almost as bad as your cause.

1. h.a.borcich profile image61

Hey, Marine is still a person. I don't agree with him either, but he is still a person. Holly

I am the devil! lol

12. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

We don't need new interpretations;  We need to uninterpretate the ones that we have

13. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

There's nothing boring about God.
      Except in the minds of those who don't see Him for Who he really is.

14. sooner than later profile image61

Marine, find a new cause dude. You make my head hurt, and its not because I had to think.

15. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 14 years ago

western civilization will probably fall before religion does, I mean how many people saw the twin towers falling before it happened?

Good point, you may be right.

16. sooner than later profile image61

A fairly smart man once told me to "walk away". What do you say scott?

1. profile image0

Yep about that time, no use talking to an empty chair.

You are right, you are an empty chair, kinda hard to conversate when you base everything you think you know on assumptions. Keep the faith!

17. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years ago

Follow Me

Follow me, I will give you life
      Victory over sin and strife
      I am the way, the truth you know
      I'll make your soul as white as snow.

The enemy comes, and he goes
      My love for you, forever flows
      Keeping you safe, from guilt and shame
      You will then have, a brand new name.

The old man gone, a new man born
      To go to others and forewarn
      The Lord is here! Sound the alarm!
      Come grab hold of His mighty arm.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Copyright © 2006 SirDent

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you just copyright the bible? tongue

18. Presigo profile image60
      Presigoposted 14 years ago

Peace be with you !

Peace to all!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)