jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Quantum Magic

1. billgaede profile image84
    billgaedeposted 7 years ago

Quantum Mechanics proposes that the Universe is entirely comprised of particles. The problem with Quantum is that particles cannot justify the force of pull.

Question: How does a discrete particle PHYSICALLY attract another one?

(Worth 99 points on the test!)

1. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am not very learned but I will mention that I am aware of only two basic truths concerning physics;  Everything on Earth has its own electromagnetic field and frequency...
      and PH balance  But I could be wrong.but I think your answer will be found within these two principals??

2. kess profile image59
      kessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Though I will fail the test for I cannot speak for Quantum mechanics, the true answers  is this.

The inherent nature in each and every particle will naturally attract itself to it's own kind.

Though even amongst themselves there will be repulsing, attraction.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

I don't know how  this particular particle can attract another being discrete .
    that would be magic, indeed ! lol

3. billgaede profile image84
    billgaedeposted 7 years ago

"Everything on Earth has its own electromagnetic field and frequency..."

So what is a field made of if according to Quantum everything, including light and mass (Higgs Bosons), is made of particles? How does one magnet attract another magnet? By shooting particles at it? It's easier to accept Jesus walking on water than particle attracting particle!

And frequency is divorced from 'particle'. Frequency is a wave phenomenon. There are no waves in the Standard Model of Quantum. It's all particles.

1. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As I said before; I claim no knowledge of Quantum physics so I am asking to become informed, Do these particles  have molecules?

4. 0
    B52 Bomberposted 7 years ago

This is a guess, but I would say there is no known justification for the attraction.I say only by divine intervention as in other instances we can not explain,but I attribute to a creator.

5. fatfist profile image84
    fatfistposted 7 years ago

There is a particle called Allah that skips rope CW. When another particle called Jesus sees this, it starts skipping rope CW as well. Since they skip rope in the same direction, the interaction of the ropes attract each other and we see that Jesus is attracted to Allah.

Now the only problem is: where could a particle find a piece of rope?
    Well, they can't. There are only particles in QM. smile

1. 0
      B52 Bomberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This post would have been better suited for the sandpit.

working