jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (42 posts)

There are new "religions" out there...

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

I see a new religion as one that has taken all from the past and found the common threads between them. The whole east meets west concept that east has something to teach west and vis-versa.

There are truths within each religion and philosophy from the past, truths that all concur on. Look for them and see where there is a unity in the diversity.

All cultures have strayed from the concepts of their original belief systems...but there are truths that don't fade because they are the common threads...look for them

the concept of the Christ is one of those concepts.  Wasn't christos a Greek word before the time of Jesus? So what does that word imply? Christ is the mediator between God and humanity...is there not a Christ within each of us...isn't that what Jesus was trying to relay to people, that we could each become the Christ and attain to what He attained in life...His Christhood

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image86
      Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sounds like you read my hub.... smile big_smile smile

SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't recall that I have...maybe you have been reading mine???smile

This is exactly the point...each individual finds truths, the common threads when they genuinely seek them out of love and desire for knowledge and wisdom.

I have been studying and practicing for decades aspects of the original worlds religions...done a lot of reading seeking truth and "meditating" in my own way.

Isn't it wonderful when we can say/see similar things from our own separate places? smile

2. Jerami profile image78
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are "absolutely"  correct in your analogy
      And I believe, when that happens Faith will have gone full circle. ...Brand new again..  but then you know what tha great grand kids are going to do ..?

3. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Religions need to unite. smile

Yes, they just need to recognize their points of unity and work from there...but the human ego always gets in the way saying my God is better than your God...if they only understood how it is their own perception of God that creates the divisions.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

True foolish ego is the cause for such divisions.

2. Jerami profile image78

It would be a really good thing if all of the religions could find their commonality but I do not see it happening any time soon
                    BECAUSE
             The major portion of scripture pertains to prophesy.
          It appears to me that the end time prophesy has been polluted by personal interpretations.   This also was prophesied.
             The dragon will cast out of its mouth, water as a flood and the earth will swallow it up. Lies coming out of his mouth and the people believed them and taught them to their children.
             Until prophesy is UNINTERPRETATED there will never be unity within any single church, not to mention on any larger scale.
             When our belief system is built upon a corrupted foundation; the entire system will be filled with flaws.
             When a person has been deceived will they be aware of it?
          We need to find the flaws in our own beliefs before we convince others to do the same.
             Then and only then will we may find unity.

These ridiculous fights over whose prophet or religion is greater needs to stop.The prophet will unite all religions., that will be his job.

1. Jerami profile image78

And what did I say in my coment that you disagree with??

but I do not see it happening any time soon
                It will take a lot of time but it will start now.

Unless the people stop believing interpretation of scripture
                  instead of the things actually written; unity will never happen.
                     Untill the God source interveins and takes over the process.

Interpretataion is required very often as there is a lot of depth in many scriptural passages.At times one needs to see the truth in scriptures without any interpretations."I tell ye you are all gods" Jesus
                    God is allways at work and the god source will interfere.I think you know it. smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image86

Religions are suppose to teach us how to live in peace, not how to kill each other better... (holy lands...whatever)

1. profile image0
          baconmidgetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you know i find that i agree with you more than disagree so i will "follow" you now...but in a non stalker way lol

4. Greenheart profile image59
      Greenheartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the writing.
      I would like to make the distinction bewteen what has been known as exoteric and esoteric communications throughout history and in all faiths.The exoteric is public religion and is about ritual and behaviour and social morality,social order.What i am involved with and what i would like to share is the esoteric,what used to be a hidden communication.That has tended to be of a mystical nature and may involve forms of spiritual transmission from a particular individual in a certain time and place.
      These days and for a long time now there is a drive to suppress authentic spirituality in favour or rituals,feeling good and hopefulness.
      In my experience with my teacher,(Adi Da),he has revealed to me so much more than i can fathom with my mind,beyond mind.And yet full of Love.It has always been a communication about what is not-separate and therefore about my own(and therefore everyone's) true nature.
      wishing you much happiness.
      Gavin

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

We should strive to be Christ-like but since we're not Jesus was sent to be our sheppard. Jesus made it quite clear that the way to the father is thru me.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image86

DAYUNG you are old!  smile big_smile roll big_smile smile

2. SparklingJewel profile image67

yes, exactly..strive to be Christ-like, for it is only through the Christ that Jesus personified in human form, that we can regain our unity with God :)Do as Jesus did, he showed the way.

3. mintinfo profile image80
    mintinfoposted 7 years ago

Too many people are closed minded. They accept things because someone tells them that that is the way to live. They don't take the time to research and ask questions for themselves.

The message of Christ was to live in peace and harmony but mankind is too self centered to accept a higher state of being. "Animosity began thousands of years ago so conflict is not my fault" they say. But instead of working our problems out we build fortresses around what we believe and defend it to the death.

4. SparklingJewel profile image67

some people don't need to know anything other than what they have come to believe...smile  some people need to know more, for whatever reasons... who is to say someone else is wrong, they haven't lived their life, they have lived their own life, hopefully ! smile

5. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I agree religions need to ignite! lol

1. wesleyacarter profile image60
      wesleyacarterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you have an utter, unflinching hatred of anything faith based, it seems. i could be wrong.

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes Wesley, your perception may be coloured by your beliefs. smile
        I don't do hate. smile

1. profile image0
          B52 Bomberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You don`t lie either.

smile

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

http://p21chong.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/the-burning-bush.jpg

Thank you Ron, I told the story without the pictures. Nice addition! smile

Ignite religions...now, what to do with that...oh, I know...some have defined God as a flame, a living flame within ones heart, or mind...a flame that burns brightly on the altar of our heart and expands to encompass all cosmos...I AM a flame(a spark) of the One God Flame, like I AM a drop in the ocean that is God, or as Mark has put it before, I AM a grain of sand on the beach of God...(well he didn't exactly say that smile  )

7. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 7 years ago

religions unite

love each other

loL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

There is little structural difference in meaning between the bible and quoran, both are instruments of control for the very ignorant by choice. The Taliban still has the quoran saying the world is flat, fundy christians live on a 6,000 year old planet! Get over yourselves! smile

1. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

smile smile smile

9. tayomismo profile image60
    tayomismoposted 7 years ago

it is not about Religion.. it is about Faith in God.. the almighty one.. in heaven.. the Lord of all LORDS and the King of all Kings which is the father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.

10. profile image0
    Smooth as Silkposted 7 years ago

I'm sure there is some sort of new religion out there.  It seems like a new pops up every couple weeks.

11. SparklingJewel profile image67

I don't think we need any more full blown religious doctrines...just the unity of truths that run through each one...everyone needs something different because of the culture they have lived in...

God's Blessings upon us all!

I agree not one more religion but an amalgamation of the current religions is equired.

I believe that if we are to find any commonality of beliefs   each denomination are going to have to re=examine their own doctrine. Eliminate their own misconceptions and then search the commonalities.  It is there and can will be found.

RELIGIONS

The entire Buddhist monk's life is but a preparation,

For his Death Point or moment of separation.

The Jains have santhara,

Quitting life consciously to join with the paramatma.

Hindus go into Samadhi,

Where there is no Congress, Shiv Sena , BJP or Samajwadi.

The Christian merges with the Holy Spirit,

Peace, no more desperate.

The Sufi mystic to become one,

Dances, twirls, prays, trances to get the job done.

Aghora means Illumined with Light,

Longing for Shiva in whom they delight.

Shamanism or the Art of Ecstasy,

The ultimate being one with the super entity.

There is no need to change your faith,

And on your old religion lay a wreath
          smile

12. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

It seems as though people can be saying basically the same things and yet not understand what the other is saying.
    So we continue to THINK that they are disagreeing ??

Could this be what the story of Babble actually referred to??

Yes many are hung up on a name, giving more importance to the messenger than the message.

Sorry dont know the story of Babble. smile

The thing that I like the most about these forrums is that I do see the commonalities being expressed within the confusion.
          Our perimeter of our beliefs and understanding needs to be a lot more flexible and then we can come out of our cave and see the light.

13. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

The story of Babble is when God confused the languages because man had begun advance beyond their understanding. Or something like that.

working