If it was proven that a god existed, would you worship it?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (187 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 14 years ago

If scientists discovered that a god really existed, what would you do? If you were guaranteed an afterlife, would you worship it?

You could no longer possibly be Athiest or Agnostic, so you'd either have to worship the god or not.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe in facts. So if scientists bring a living God, that I can touch and relate to, I will believe.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
        Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dont believe anything  science says is true they guess and theory and lie about everything.our science books change every 10 years,the big bang theory is just what its called , theory and we teach it to our children,they lie about globel warming so they can keep funding coming in.so i dont care what they say , cant believe anyhow

Suit yourself. Ignorance is Bliss ! lol

you call me innorent and you fall for it ha ha

fall for what ?
              your' innorent'?

lol

buy a dictionary !lol

mabe i cant spell but atlest im not stupid

that the stupidest  thing to say ,I ever read on this forum ! lol

coment like that always comes people who think there better because of education but you lack wisdom!!!

2. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm an Anti-theist. Whether a god exists or not, my position as an Anti-theist is intact smile

3. profile image0
      Citrus000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question. I do not believe in god. I feel that if science was able to prove that god was real, and we were forced into a decision where worship equated a guaranteed afterlife, then this is a god that I would not worship.

I will worship Bovine before a unscrupulous god that does such things. smile

I do not know that bribery is the exact word that I am looking for, but it is the first word that comes to mind.

1. Bovine Currency profile image61
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Thanks for the Big Ups there wink

4. double_frick profile image62
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

would science be proving that the christian god is the 'one true god' afterall?

or just that "god" in some form exist...that there is a divine consciousness that all of creation sprung from?

honestly, if science somehow proved the existence of the christian god i would have to take the typical, illogical, faith believers route and say that that god science found was actually satan deceiving us, yet again! tricky tricky! LOL

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can predict that the feat of providing irrefutable evidence of a god is improbable.  The feat of providing irrefutable evidence of the Christian god is impossible, because the concept is too illogical to prove...Because this god could not be god, he's too simple.

6. Sara Tonyn profile image61
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Given those hypothetical circumstances you'd have to be an idiot not to worship the god. (I'm assuming the god wanted to be worshipped.)

Seriously, if you had a brain cell in your head, you'd do whatever the god wanted you to. Don't bother acting tough or pretending you wouldn't. After all, the god holds all the cards; you'd spend every moment on Earth kissing the god's behind (if it had one) if that meant you'd be guaranteed an eternity of pleasure as opposed to never-ending pain or a forever of nothingness.

Prob is, your question is based on a hypothetical situation.

Meanwhile we're stuck in reality (or our perception of it) and no one knows the what or why of whatever awaits us after we die. Not the believers, not the non-believers, not even the sane people who have to endure the non-stop, repetitive, pointless battles between the two.

1. profile image0

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"have to"?

i couldn't worship any god out of fear, or just to get something...i would have to come to god on my own, out of love.

8. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reachable only to scientists, you think? lol

9. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have a hard enough time believing the scientists about global warming,  how could we apply any credibility to the proof of God by them?

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it was logically proved, I would accept the reality.  The next step would be to understand what type of worship that god required - obviously all the current religions can't be right.

11. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I'd build up all of my poop and throw it at the inevitable statue of the god, as we'd never ever see the God if it did exist, they'd be too busy letting people die all over the world!

12. yolanda yvette profile image60
      yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It has been proven that God really exists and I worship Him.

1. getitrite profile image71

OH Yes.  I'm sure you have hardcore proof.  What did he look like?

1. yolanda yvette profile image60

I sure do have hardcore proof.  It's called The Bible.  Ever heard of it?

I never said I've seen Him.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/katmaloy143/god.jpg

2. profile image54
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, by the very same logic, we have hardcore proof animals and talk, it's called, "Aesops Fables" Ever heard of it?

Have you seen or heard animals talk?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
              mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible  and other spiritual texts communicate mankind to god .smile
              One needs to understand its essence .

2. mohitmisra profile image61

They communicate.

3. getitrite profile image71

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s268/sarahbara2009/praying.jpg

I'm still waiting for a SIGN!!! help!

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You look like you have been waiting a while! lol lol

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

This is an evil generation.It seeks a sing,and no sing will be given to it except the sing of Jonah the prophet.For as Jonah became a sign to the ninevites,so alsothe Son Of Man will be to this generation.

2. earnestshub profile image80

It is not the generation that is evil, it is religion that is evil. smile

I can see you know nothing about it you just make noise

As opposed to all the wonderful comments you make? :LOL:

2. TMMason profile image59
                  TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is man that is evil.

True, man is evil, man wrote the bible! lol

2. donnaisabella profile image72
        donnaisabellaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way to go Yvette!

13. profile image54

Why would I have to worship a god?

If we found that a god actually existed, wouldn't we do exactly what that god wanted us to do and not what we believe he wants us to do?

When a god does decide to show up for a formal interview, we can ask him then what exactly he wants from us.

Until then, the many, many, MANY versions of what people believe their gods want from them is entirely irrelevant.

14. mohitmisra profile image61

Science cannot show god as god is omnipresent, man cannot map him. smile
      One needs to find his own proof with meditation. smile

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is easier to look to the out side than it is to see within. 
        I have heard it said that nothing worthwhile comes easily.

It is time for the working class to go do his thang.
           see ya later

15. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

um I guess so , but I highly doubt thats gonna happen

Even with the enormous ego's here, I would hope no person is so screwed they feel the need to be worshipped.
        Any god that needs to be worshipped will have it's arse kicked in the real world! smile

16. MikeNV profile image68
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the space between the electrons and the nucleus in our atoms were removed we as a race would all fit in the size of a thimble. This was from a show called "How long is a piece of string" on the BBC.

People need to believe in order to make their lives make sense.  It keeps them sane.

Ultimately one can not speak on behalf of a God because they are not God.  People say "God Loves Me"... but that statement is one of hope not of anything tangible.  God may or may not exist in a Form which we as humans can in our state understand.

What we know, and all we know is that we exist as defined by our own perceptions. We are here and struggle to make sense of what we perceive as Reality.

When you dig into Quantum Physics and start looking at the nature of particles and waves the way we view ourselves changes.  Most people are so taken aback by Physics and have so little understanding of Physics that these concepts fly in the face of their belief systems so they tune them out.

If God can do anything can he make a rock so big he can't lift it.  This is the kind of statment that people like to view as clever.  But it's all idiocy.

If you want to discover what God is and what creation is about you can not jump to conclusions... you keep an open mind and you keep learning. Religious Belief is often a deterrent to open thinking.

17. carolegalassi profile image61
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is and I do!!!

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Try to prove it first, then we may talk lol

1. profile image50
      Precious100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What would it take to convince you that he does exist?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More than a smelly sock smile

lol

You're on fire today Misha!

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Thanks BC, happens time to time smile

2. profile image50

What if God himself prove to you that HE do exist? You would definitely change up and be proven wrong.

3. profile image50

So who do you think have you breathing even a smelley sock?? Who allows you to breath every second? What if he (God) held his breath from you for 30 seconds?

i think god held your breath for more than 30 secs, and oxygen didn't reach your brain.
        That's the only reason I find for your posts !
        lol

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would have no affect/effect on Humankind, because GOD doesn't exist. smile

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

No I wouldn't worship it, I would 'believe' in its existance.

1. dogluver1 profile image59
      dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you crazy? Who do you think put everyone on this earth? I would definitly worship god! I do KNOW hes real and I will always worship him!

4. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Depends on what god. If it was the vengeful Huitzilopochtli, I would probably not worship it.

5. profile image50
    Precious100posted 14 years ago

He is a spirit and you can't see a spirit; we must believe w/o seeing. We must worship him in spirit and in truth.

No. I don't.
      but you, go ahead ! lol

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

That is impossible therefore impossible to answer.

7. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Snore.... m00

8. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Just as it is impossible for a blind eye to see light so it is for a blind heart to perceive God.

9. Bovine Currency profile image61

Because God isn't JUST a theory lol

1. Cagsil profile image71

"GOD" isn't a theory. Doesn't qualify as a theory, because the "GOD" concept was debunked long before now, when reality was defined. The "GOD" concept was perceived, invented or created by man. This mystical entity isn't any more real than Mickey Mouse. Who isn't really real. It's stuffed animal, and when in public, is portrayed by someone else(human) in a costume.

So, if there was to be science evidence that this supposed man-made "GOD" lived or lives? No! I wouldn't worship it. I wouldn't even believe in it, simply because of the atrocities which have already happened, in it's name. I would tell it to go to hell. Since he would be real(isn't now), satan would then become fact also, because technically, you cannot have one without something to offset, to keep balance. However, my stance doesn't change.

If it has been hidden away, but technology brings it to light, while years upon years of suffering. It wouldn't be worthy of worship. smile

and you have backwards again men did not create god but the other way around

And, only ignorant people believe that to be truth, without evidence. So, you're wrong. Have a great day! smile

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61

By definition belief doesn't require evidence.

No need to call believers ignorant unless you can provide facts  that prove a god doesn't exist. And I'm sure you're familiar with the "can't prove a negative" concept.

That said, why can't both sides simply live and let live? Let believers believe and let non-believers refuse to believe.

It's fine to state what you think is correct but why is there such steadfast refusal to acknowledge no one knows all there is to know? Why the 'I'm right, you're wrong' stance from both sides?

1. profile image0

Thanks for the kind words. smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

By definition, a belief is formed based on truth, true facts known. If you should form a belief in any other manner, then you are wrong. 

Because, it is morally wrong to do nothing, when a wrong has occurred and needs to be righted. Why else? smile

First off, NO ONE is claiming to know all there is to know. Your assumption or leap from having knowledge of life vs knowing everything is absurd and over step your own logical thought process.

I don't claim to have all the answer to all questions, then again, there are simply some questions, for which, never need to be answered. But, I appreciate your concern for what's been said and I'm glad you're a powerful enough person to voice your opinion. smile

Your definition is incorrect.  Belief is merely the conviction that something is true; it doesn't require facts nor does it have to be based on known truths. 

But believing in a god isn't a wrong. It's simply different from what you believe.

Re-read what I said. I merely questioned why people refuse to acknowledge that no one knows everything. 

That makes no sense whatsoever. I never made any such leap, nor did I overstep anything. You're reading into what I actually said.

Great! You have no idea how right you are... >:->

3. Sa Toya profile image84
              Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here, Here smile

4. profile image54

That probably would be the case, as long as believers did not demand their beliefs become policies and laws that affect the rest of us. Would you support Sharia Law in your country, for example?

I wouldn't support it because I don't feel religious beliefs should in any way govern the actions of anyone other than those who hold the beliefs. I'm a strong advocate of the separation of church and state.

At the same time I don't think it's right for non-believers to harass believers. It's a two-way street. Live and let live.

To quote George W. Bush, "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." Umm, yeaaah. Let's just stick with live and let live instead.

(Mark, is that you behind the Q? smile )

1. profile image54

That's the point, though, believers DON'T let others live and let live. They make demands on the laws and policies that affect those who don't hold their beliefs.

If that were not the case, then believers can believe whatever they want.

No, it isn't. And, I keep wondering why others think I am someone elses sock puppet. It's as if a person cannot join a forum without suspicions they are someone who they are not.

Fascinating behavior, nonetheless. smile

I'm not sure that all believers make such demands though I'd certainly agree some do.

Hmm. I wonder if non-believers make similar demands that aren't as obvious. Right at this moment I can't come up with any examples but maybe it's worth thinking about.

Wound you say that believers think the idea of separation of church and state is an infringement on their right to "live"? The controversy surrounding the 10 Commandments display in a Georgia courthouse would indicate as much, no?

2. Bovine Currency profile image61

If my gayness was not reformed I think you could be my type Cags wink

Thank you Bovine, I think? big_smile smile lol lol

10. profile image50
    Precious100posted 14 years ago

My question to those who say they are atheist/unbelievers...Why does everyone including Atheists run when a natural disaster happens? Why don't they stand firm against his power?

1. Sa Toya profile image84
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you reading what you type?

People run from natural disasters because they results in DISASTER!
      I assume people/everyone including atheists are heman beings and one of our basic instincts is survival.

smile

11. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

First, I would need to see it, talk to it, touch it etc.

Then I would require a lot of additional evidence requiring time and study, evidence to debunk the obvious possibility of the human act of concocting yet another God-ruse for the sake of manipulating the incurious masses.  Given modern technology, it would not be implausible for folks with the financial wherewithal to perpetrate such a thing on a grand scale.

If it turned out the being was not manmade as has always been the case in the past, then my next inclination would be to ascertain where it came from and why it needed to be worshipped by the lowly likes of me and my human brethren.  No truly divine being would require obsequious groveling from dumb little monkey people like us, so, should a god figure appear suddenly and tangibly and require this behavior, my suspicion would be that alien(s) or inter-dimensional being(s) or some other variant had arrived to subjugate us and only claimed to be god knowing we had no way of telling the difference.  Hopefully, this weakness of vanity could be exploited and we could, under the guise of servility and lots of groveling etc., discover its true aims and, perhaps, defeat it so we weren't its puppets for very long.

However, if in fact it could not be proved that it was the fictional work of men and that it showed no need for writhing servility, and it turned out it was merely manifest here to enable love and peace among us through guidance and the occasional act of justice, then perhaps it might earn my devotion upon winning my respect and inspiring my dedication.

1. donnaisabella profile image72
      donnaisabellaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Already done, what more do you need?

2. yolanda yvette profile image60

So you'd worship a god that would submit to you?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Given the very existence of this forum, much less the numerous religions in existence (and not in existence) across the globe and across time, I'd say that at the very least the second part of my initial reply regarding "proving that He is not a man made fiction" has not even remotely been accomplished. 

Furthermore, my part one, "the touch and feel" kind of tangible proof is not there adequately... I can't see him or touch him. And just saying, "Hey, look how amazingly complex the universe is etc.," does not count as evidence of God. I don't know how my computer works; it's amazingly complex too, but I don't believe the folks at HP are gods either.

I never said he should submit to me.  I no more demand worship than a respectable God would. I said that if he showed up and was amazing and glorious (and met all my other criterion for fraud etc.) then I could not help but be drawn to His awesome example.  Just because He can't scare me into worshipping Him (not in my heart at least... I'd pretend to if He was going to zap me with lightning/damn me to eternal Hell, but I would hate Him and constantly seek His downfall if He was like that) doesn't mean He's submitting to me.  A god worthy of respect would do things to inspire it. That's not "requiring Him to submit."  That's just requing He not be an a-hole or slave-driving, Divine overlord if He wants real devotion rather than lip-service.

1. avangend profile image60
          avangendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Shadesbreath.

3. Ellie DropDead profile image59
      Ellie DropDeadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a good one!smilesmile well i dont think it can be proven .. if it was i think id beleive obviously BUT i wouldnt worship!
      yah he was good great whatever but like.. who gives a crap? because people jump infront of busses for others Everyday and what happens to their name? do they Get a great big book in honour of what they did... mehh maybee but like why worship god? why not worship Chuck Norris .. same thing to me really Lol ... I hate the way people say stuff like "WE MUST BELEIVE .. WE MUST TRUST IN GOD.. WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN HIM.. YOU MUST BELEIVE IN SOMETHING.." who says we MUST ? thats crap then it makes the non beleivers feel like they are doing something wrong when really all this is, is a matter of opinion.. and stop forcing religion On people too .. not this forum but some of the comments are like that .. sorry I am a christian lol But i deffo am a big follower of science and yah lol .. thats it
      Rant Over 8) peace out!

12. Bovine Currency profile image61

I am God.  Worship me.

WOW

Bow down, I am the Lord.

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I'm not highjacking this thread just to answer your sillines.
    It's not worth it. I'm off
    excuse me everybody ! smile

hope your not mad just expression,same as you

14. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Wow.

Hypothetical questions are lost on some.

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A forum is not a place for hypothetical questions.

Because people make hypotheticals more complex than they are?

How about rephrasing it to this?

If it were proven that a god exists and your afterlife would consist of eternal agony if you didn't worship the god while you were alive, would you refuse to worship the god? (Assume that worshipping the god would guarantee you an afterlife of eternal pleasure.)

Anyone who says they wouldn't worship the god under those circumstances is a liar and/or brain dead. lol

1. profile image0

Correction...
          Sara-
          This is the statement that I was primarily referring to when I said that your opinion and remarks show a lot of character and much to think about.

15. Bovine Currency profile image61

m00

16. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Out in the middle of every corn field is a corn stalk that does not believe that the guy on the tractor has helped in any way. .

1. abcd1111 profile image60
      abcd1111posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So the corn should worship the farmer?

Why must god demand worship? Isn't he enamored of the "corn stalks" he created, despite their ignorance?

17. Bovine Currency profile image61

I like corn

1. TMMason profile image59
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It shows.

Now spit the cob out and break the wisdom on us, oh mighty cob chomper. lollolol

2. Jerami profile image59

Me too ... I wish it could  get on the plate by itself.

18. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

worship:  to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).

I have never felt "worship" for anyone or anything.  I see no reason to start now.  :-)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Prettypanther,

I am worshipping him now even if I havent seen HIM yet,

From, Prettydarkhorse

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is good . . . for you.  But for me, even it were proven that God exists, I see no reason to worship a being, especially one that demands it.

19. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Original question:

"If scientists discovered that a god really existed, what would you do? If you were guaranteed an afterlife, would you worship it?"

My take:

If science proved the existence of an all powerful being, I don't think it would have an ego so small that it needed stroking through my worship.

Worship would seem to be at odds with Isaiah 1:11-1 in which God says "..Bring no more vain offerings.." and later says "..Defend the fatherless; plead for the widow.."

This newly proven God might want acts of kindness to each other more than worship.

No disrespect intended - just my opinion. Thanks.

20. westpointfb20 profile image61
    westpointfb20posted 14 years ago

A question that has yet to be posed, is a God of what? Are we to assume this is a God of all things in existence and creation, is this the God that is defined within the pages of the Bible, or are we speaking of a God of a certain element or idea such as Greek mythology refers to? The specifications of this God could make the difference of whether He or She was to be worshiped by few or by many. Also, the afterlife of which this God spoke and promised would make or break the number of followers they had. To answer this question is impossible without some insight, perhaps because as some have stated, it is seemingly impossible for many of us to truly fathom an existing God.

21. Mortgagestar1 profile image60
    Mortgagestar1posted 14 years ago

Faith is often used in a religious context, as in theology, where it almost universally refers to a trusting belief in a transcendent reality, or else in a Supreme Being and/or this being's role in the order of transcendent, spiritual things.

With this being defines, spiritual belief i snot neccessarily supported by the concreteness as a lab or scientic hypothesis.
    It is a deep feeling and cognitive sense.

The French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It was set out in note 233 of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics.
    It is the faithful who are truely the most spiritual. Inteligent design has been proven by many scientist who were former secularist. Search intellectually and have an open heart!

But Pascal's wager was based purely on fear.  The best Christian I could be under Pascal's wager would be a hypocrite!  And your God hates hypocrites!

22. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 14 years ago

Oops...I didn't mean to melt those posts together. smile

23. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Einstein said that if a God does not exist we shall make him because you just need to look the universe to know that there is an "intelligence" that made all things and that is keeping everything...I think a guy also said "Dieu geometrisa" (french expression) meaning that the guy behind creation is a Mathematician lol

People always needs proofs but as Jesus said "They wont get any miracle but the miracle of Jonas" lol...You dont trust you dont get proofs and we will see with the incoming events if there is a God or not. You WILL ALL know one day for sure LOL

The dead no nothing! FOR SURE!!!

24. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Hypothetically speaking of course, IF this were to happen I can with certainty say I would not worship him, the same as I do not now.

25. Bredavies profile image61
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

hmmm. I do believe in “god“ (as many would like to call him). But I don't like calling her..him...it. "god" I don't like all these restrictions and stories in the bible. I believe there is something. and I believe in angels. But if a man came and said "I am god" and he was I wouldn't worship him with that silly name

26. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No intelligent entity would need to be worshipped. Think about it, the idea is neurotic. smile

1. Bredavies profile image61
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha nice

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And yet I worship the very ground you walk on.  Are you saying it's all for naught?

Of course those who worship me are a special case! Both my mother and you are "special" smile

27. bill yon profile image71
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

the freemasons have a bible a torra and a koran at their meetings symbolizing that we all agree that there is a God we all agree to that now lets respect it and get down to business.

28. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

absolutely, i would not want to live without a belief in god

very wise

2. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not?

29. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

The OP is an archaically posed question...  lol, I guess not here, though. 

Sigh.

30. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Some people just have to have some beast to worship, no matter proven or not smile

1. yolanda yvette profile image60

Isn't that the truth.  I'm sure glad I'm not one of those people.

31. avangend profile image60
    avangendposted 14 years ago

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
    — Marcus Aurelius

Nice quote wink

1. wesleyacarter profile image58
        wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ditto

32. wesleyacarter profile image58
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

i think if God were proven to exist, it wouldn't be a matter of belief anymore.

I don't believe that the toilet is there for me to piss in. I know it is there, so I don't question it anymore.

So dull, taking a piss is.

lol   lol another journey starts after knowing god. smile not boring at all in fact more alive .smile?

1. wesleyacarter profile image58
        wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well yes. I was saying that proof would make the idea of belief null and void. God is not commonplace, yet the most common thing. I think the journey of belief and faith, as well as the empirical quest, are all fun and what makes me human.

That i question the existence of God, lets me know there is in fact, a God. even if its in my own head.

33. skmania profile image60
    skmaniaposted 14 years ago

yes,god exists.there is no doubt about that...god is taking care of all of us..

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Clearly there IS doubt. Maybe not for you, but there's a crap-ton of doubt out there amongst the rest of the world. 

As for "taking care of all of us," that is true, but requires some flexibility regarding what "taking care of us" means.  For some of us, it means providing nicely: we eat, live healthy lives etc.  For others it means "taking care" in like a Mafia sense, as in, "I'll take care of yous guys with some cancer," or, "I'll take care of yous people with starvation and flood," etc. 

So, while I can't go with you on the "no doubt" thing, I can agree with you on the taking care part.

1. Ellie DropDead profile image59
        Ellie DropDeadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO !
        Verry frikkin well said!!
        excuse me ! lol

34. buraq profile image61
    buraqposted 14 years ago

God does exist, and the example is the balance of globe. Now as we cant see how the globe is balanced in space(Universe)without any support, the same way god exists and we cant see him !!!

We humans are particles in space ballanced perfectly by forces so we dont shoot out into the atmosphere due to the velocity of the earths rotation. smile

1. Jerami profile image59

Mohitmisra ,,,, that makes more sence than it sounds like it does.

2. earnestshub profile image80

We are literally star dust. The assembly is such that even the left and right hands are made of different stuff! Science from the BBC.

35. caravalhophoto profile image61
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

God does exist and I do worship him...not it.

1. profile image54

So, god has a penis? You've seen it... the penis, that is?

36. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I had a poo!

... so naturally you told us about it! lol lol

37. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

IT?

1. Misha profile image63

Does it have a genitalia? wink

Not that any admit too. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)