jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The Sixth Commandment - Revised version

1. Trish Orr profile image60
    Trish Orrposted 6 years ago

Thou Shall Not Kill (oh, except cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, pheasants, foxes, oh what the hell, all creatures on four legs or with fins). Yeah, I made them just for you to kill! Even though I did say in the beginning you should just eat fruits plants and nuts, I changed my mind because really I�m your average nice guy with a beard. More than nice actually, people say my other name is Love. Hey, get your weapon ready, here comes a four-legged furry � there ya go, bash him over the head, string him up and skin him. As I was saying my other name is Love. But let me qualify that, I mean you just need to love your neighbors. Not your literal neighbors, of course. Just, you know, the people you agree with on just about everything. I don�t want to make your life difficult. After all I created the world just for you and those who look just like you. So sally forth into the magnificent world perfect beings - conquer, pillage, kill. I guess I need a new title for this commandment, Maybe Thou Shall Not Not Kill. And perhaps I need a new title � God of Love and Mercy just doesn�t fit anymore.

2. 0
    Will Bensonposted 6 years ago

Hi Trish -

Unfortunately the 10 commandments never seemed to stop anyone from doing anything. For each "Thou shalt not.." there will be other bible verses saying "This is OK if you do it for God."

There are many forums here reflecting on how humankind treats each other. Maybe we'd treat each other better if we treated the most helpless of creatures better.

Just my thoughts.

Trish Orrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Will I absolutely agree with you. The world would be a much better place if we didn't feel the need to fit everything and everyone into neat little categories which allow us to justify mistreatment/abuse.

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

The 11th Commandment:  Thou shalt be sarcastic

Trish Orrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To Shadesbreath - I like that 11th commandment! That's one I can easily follow smile

4. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

There was a loophole in the commandment:  If you have someone else slaughter your flesh for you then you can partake without guilt.  Just buy it wrapped up neatly at your local butcher.