Individual Belief

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (43 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

What is individual belief? A belief without a group title? How does a person find individual belief? How much believed as individual belief is really from a previous taught belief? If everyone is an individual, doesn't everyone have an individual belief to some extent? Why are some not content with individual belief seeking dependency on a group belief?

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A belief in individually wrapped snacks? Some are better than others. They sell them at the "Piggly Wiggly"! They have to pass on the recipe or it won't be the same. As long as you can cook! They mass produce thus we can pig-out!big_smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its relating with a particular philosophy .Now we are talking about religious beliefs but take any topic any book and one may or may not relate with and appreciate it.The individual belief relates with a group belief at times.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean it's relating with a particular philosophy. If it's individual, it should define it's individual philosophy. I agree parts of individual belief are sometimes formed for learned by examining others belief, but I think this could contradict individual belief if speaking in absolutes.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

My belief is the same as the prophets or enlightened ones beliefs, so my individual belief coincides with a group belief.

3. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no one believes like i do i have cutting edge ideas . how did i come to them? i make them up. with little concern of proof.

I believe you aware. What do you think is the easiest ways to lock into individual thought and belief when it is so difficult to find?

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

The purpose of God is that everyone lives true to themselves. That way no matter what is the situation, they will have conscience clear before God.

So what ever truth keeps an individuals heart pure, that is the one he should follow.

And a person receive further enlightenment, he must be willing to adjust his way of thinking to accommodate that new truth.

You don't think a person can have an individual belief without your belief of God? If they had belief of your individual belief in God, it wouldn't be their individual belief.

1. kess profile image61
        kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since truth is singular, all belief will in the end be the same.
        The circumstances by which one comes to the knowledge of truth will differ greatly though.

So even if one starts of denying God, in his desire and quest after truth  he also will come to the knowledge of God.

Things becomes out of control only when one continues to live an obvious lie.

Note to know God is simply to truly know onesself.

I think you are writing in theory stating things as absolute. How individual is a belief of God when it has so many religious ties? Why do you not think someone can believe in creation without believing it's name is God?

1. kess profile image61

Marine Sorry I fell asleep.
            The knowledge of Who God is, is not  common at all.
            If those many who think that they are speaking on God's behalf, truly knew Him, they would not be speaking from behind religion.

If men truly understood creation they will know That it is only because of God.

The truth about God is inextricably linked to this creation. (my hub something from nothing explain is somewhat).

Most likely Marine, the God that you perceive in your mind, may not be the totally real God.

God in reality is far less complicated than men believe He is, and His truth are hidden in light, but men love darkness more than light and therefore easily miss it.

1. tshirts profile image61
              tshirtsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God in reality is far less complicated than men believe He is, and His truth are hidden in light, but men love darkness more than light and therefore easily miss it.

God says I was a secret treasure I exposed myself for Human and other living creatures.

If you have the belief in oneness of God, Certainly you are living a happy life, if don't than you are living life with out any aim. And there is no life with out any aim.

2. marinealways24 profile image59

Are you suggesting that you can define God and creation better than all the others? Were you there at the beginning of creation? I think you are doing the same as religious do in your attempt to relate creation with God as absolute. lol You talk about how simple God is as if you understand him better than all the others. If it was that simple, there wouldn't be so many disagreements over what you think God is.

2. profile image0
          Over The Hillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said Kess.However I don`t agree with the last sentence.

1. kess profile image61

I perceive that you have a christian background, for they preach that men hearts are sinful and therefore they should deny themselves.

But the truth is this also that the kingdom of God is established within you.

So one should forsake the knowledge of the false self, but must seek within also the knowledge of the true self.

Anyman who truly knows himself will abstain from sin.

1. profile image0
              Over The Hillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I stand corrected Kess. I had not concidered it in that manner. Very astute. I agree.

2. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

..... and god! smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61

I was searching for myself and I found god.
                I was searching for god and I found myself. smile
                Cant remember who said these words. smile

3. profile image54
              (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That might explain why prisons are full of Christians, they are simply those who don't know themselves.

1. kess profile image61

True but not just the christians all of them who commit crimes.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I don't need a group to tell me how or what to believe. I can read the Bible and interpret it for myself.

I like that, I agree. Do you think a belief can truly be individual if based from the bible?

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't the bible a book written by a group of people telling you what to believe?

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yes, although everyone who reads it will share things in common.

I'm not trying to twist you up, I don't understand this. If the belief is based from what others believed and wrote, how can it truly be individual when not based from the individual?

5. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Marine, I thought I should clarified your supposed belief that truth is not absolute.
    Meaning it is uni-directional and leads to singularity of the many.

I believe you hold to stabi belief because you desire to preserve the autonomy of each individual.

Have you considered Marine, that if truth isn't absolute, then it would then act against it very own self?

And if truth counteract itself, then truth  ceases to be.

Also the autonomy intended will be forced, as evident in this age by religion and laws.

But truth is indeed absolute for one purpose which is building the kingdom of God ( infinite good ).

And within that the autonomy of the individual is well  preserved for this kingdom is without bounds.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, nicely stated Kess, hmm Hmmm truth..an absolute...

I think many perceived truths contradict an absolute truth, this is why I think there may be no absolute truth. Just because it is your truth to build kingdoms for your belief doesn't mean it is everyones truth unless you can logically prove your claims.

1. kess profile image61

Marine when one forsake the obvious and logical truth and goes off on a tangent it is then logical that will believe lies as the truth.

The only obvious and logical God is the one who encourages goodness from a pure heart.

For everyone understand the logics of goodness from a pure heart can move mountains and none will be lack in anything. 

Yet instead most will do good only for a return or to an evil end.   
        For men are selfseeking.

That is the only true God to which  the absolute truth points.   

How many people here ignore this truth?
        Take a look at the questions asked, and ideas offered?

I tell you the truth if you or anyone truly practise this, you would find that nothing Will be impossible to you. For you understand all things.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So that is the reason people suffer! Because they do not believe what you do? lol

1. kess profile image61

Earnest, to go of on a tangent from truth is to entertain foolishness.

This foolishness darken the mind.

Why do you do good to others?
            Why do you expect good from others?

Because we know Goodness will reign supreme above all.
            That is God.

The Good we expect and allow should be tried by the truth to ensure it proceed from pure heart?

That is the unshakeable and unbreakable logical link between God and truth.

If you cannot see truth in that, sorry I cannot help you further.

For you are neither logical nor truthful.

On the part of believing lies as truth, this is not part of finding absolutes to me. Lies are contradictory. I think lies logically contradict finding an absolute truth. Just because I don't believe in 1 absolute truth doesn't mean i'm not for searching an absolute truth.

As far as God, how do you know that is his name without someone teaching you that? How do you know it is a him and not a her or a they or neither? How do you know your God doesn't get mad at you for calling him/her/they the wrong name or title?

6. caravalhophoto profile image61
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

My Grandfather was a Preacher and he taught us about the Bible.  He read the Bible to us and we told him what we felt the passage ment...we interpreted our own meaning of what was read, he didn't tell us his interpretation, we learned about our own beliefs.

My Daughter while in Jr.High, began Bible studies.  She came home one day and said she wasn't going to the school dance, when I aske'd her why, she stated the youth counsler told her it was a sin to go to dances, the movies, etc...pissed me off!

I called the Pastor of the Church and explained my outrage of telling my daughter about dances and movies being a sin...I also told the Pastor that I had no problem them teaching my daughter about the Bible, but I did have a problem with them interpreting their thoughts into her teachings.

Everyone's beliefs are individual, whether you sit in a Church or don't, whether you believe in Gods word or don't...it is an individual choice...you know the difference between wrong and right and as an individual you will be the only one who answers for your life doings.

On the last part, I disagree. I think everyones beliefs are individual until they sacrifice their individual belief which many do. I don't think it is always a persons choice what to believe, some are taught what to believe from birth. On wrong and right, I don't think this is absolute for everyone. I think everyone has a different idea of what is wrong and right. Is murder wrong? Think about that one before you answer and tell me if murder being wrong is an absolute truth.

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

There can be many diffrent beliefs concerning any subject. There are a few things that has only one correct answer. We can all individually come to that conclusion for many diffrent reasons. This does not change the fact that sometimes there is only one correct answer with many diffrent ways of describing it.

Individuality can be both a good thing and a bad thang.

8. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

A man can define God as well as his Faith allows him to.

Those who indeed have that knowledge will not reveal all, for it is the nature of darkness to use The knowledge for evil and evil purpose.

You see marine like I have said many times before this, when a man leaves the simplicity and logics of the knowledge of the power and purpose of Goodness from a sure heat, then they will without fail entertain deception.

This deception  is indeed complicated for it will be forever breaking and rebuilding, for it's foundation is faulty.

You too are lost it that deception for though you hear the truth, you still seek some other truth, which is the deception.

You are hoping that truth line up with your belief than your belief line up with truth.

The message of the knowledge of God from since the begining till present, is this.

Goodness from a pure heart for others.

For this is Love and God and His Christ.

When you practise that then the kingdom of God is revealed to you.
    Then you won't need any teacher for truth will teach you Himself. And you yourself is qualified to teach others.

lol You have the courage to tell me I am the one lost in finding truth when you have already assumed what absolute truth is. I keep an open mind, yours is already decided and closed. You tell me I am running from a truth when your truth is faith. My truth is logic and faith.

9. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

The absolute Truth is the great teacher that Teaches men about God, or I may say about Themselves, for men are gods and children of the most high and truth of Their father lies within.

Getting ridiculous. Do you now claim to know everyone's absolute truth? Are you a favored prophet of God to come to the forums and define everyones truth? Are you theorizing or stating your truths as everyones truth?

Are you reading anything I am writing? It seems like you are just writing what you want to believe and what you want/think everyone else should believe as absolute because you believe it absolute.

1. kess profile image61

Of course marine over 90% of this world population thinks, this simple truth is too ridiculous to even begin to walk in it.

Look around at all the conflicting elaborate explanations.

For they just as you try to know before they walk.
        But God's way is to reveal as you walk.

Show me a popular prophet in his time and I will show you a false prophet.

But if you show me one who was despised among his own,then I will show you a true prophet of God.

Are you despised among your own?

10. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Missing the point as usual.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)