jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Our Fleshly Bodies

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago

I have heard alot of bogus information about how our flesh is that of Satan.  In the Bible our bodies were GIVEN to us by GOD, who makes NO mistakes.  That was in the Old Testement.  Jesus in the New Testement said that our body is the TEMPLE of GOD.  SATAN was defeated by Jesus.  How can our BODy be made GOOD by GOD and be the TEMPLE of said and be that of SATAN too?

1. casey.zvanut profile image60
      casey.zvanutposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did a lot of reading on Puritans... they favored the mind over the body and thought that any natural emotions - like desire - were evil and our purpose as Christians was to eradicate those urgings - they were "things of the flesh" not "things of the spirit"

I think also we tie the idea of impermanence to our fleshy bodies - since our spirits should be transcendent from them.

Anyway, since most protestant religions are descended from their puritanical ancestors, they tend to hold to that idea of mind and spirit being higher and more holy than our impermanent, imperfect flesh.

2. TMMason profile image75
      TMMasonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

St. Paul said, "It is the carnal, which defeats the spiritual.". If that helps in any way.

I don't believe the flesh is satan, but that desires of the flesh can become quite sinful anrk in their intents, indeed.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
        Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is sinful to the flesh that God Made good and is the Temple of God?

3. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I too have heard a lot of bogus information... wink

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 6 years ago

We were born of the flesh which is of the earth which is of darkness.

We need be born again of the Spirit, from above from God.

That is basic teaching of Christ and therefore why is it difficult to believe in the flesh we are the sons of darkness.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may be the son of darkness. Speak for yourself!

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When did the Earth stay dark?  Never!!!  God and Jesus defeated Satan many times so that doesn't make any of us Dark and we don't need to be Born Again, because as the bible says and Jesus told us-he is already there in our hearts and minds.  I am sorry that you and others cannot read that Bible and get the GOOD things out of it.  Why must you dwell with the bad side of things?

3. wesleyacarter profile image61
    wesleyacarterposted 6 years ago

i think people made the argument that our body is of Satan to scare people who are too numb and shallow to look passed that to the truth.

This idea is meant to manipulate you. To keep you from discovering the truths and untruths about your own body. To acquiesce to their way of thinking.

It's all control.

Your body is not satan. what you do with your body can invoke Satan. It can also invoke God.

This is all just a matter of choice.