Are You Praying For Your Unsaved Loved Ones?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (188 posts)
  1. khawfash profile image60
    khawfashposted 14 years ago

If you're not, who is?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bill. God knows, he's up to so much these days.

2. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good grief, I am chastized for given an opinion, then find someone asks a ridiculous question such as this.
      What is ment by unsaved?

3. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody.
      We don't need to be saved, thank you !

4. moanalisa profile image60
      moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Saved? What is your definition of that? Saved as in being followers of a particular religion, such as Muslim, or Buddha? It's such an obscure question, you need to define further.

khawfashposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Saved as in Christian.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
          Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

saved from the second death,the death of the sprit

5. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh insult me and my family why don't you? tongue

6. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

organizations like UNICEF

http://www.unicef.org/childalert/afghanistan/images/intro_crop.jpg

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I'm praying. 
      And I hope there are others who are as well.
      If you're a Christian, I ask you to pray for them too;  and I'll pray for yours also.

I'll pray for yours.  And thanks for praying for mine as well.

thank god for all of you

And you as well, sir.

8. Sa Toya profile image84
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I pray for the well being and safety of myself and family, regardless of their beliefs.

This might come across wrong but my family members that don't believe in God do not need saving.

I do not necessarily believe that just because we acknowledge God/believe in Him, that we are automatically saved either. I do not believe everyone that belongs to a certain religion is automatically saved as well.

I love my fellowman regardless of their beliefs.

I always thought salvation was a personal thing- you go get it yourself, whatever your definition salvation.

Like I said I pray for those I love whether they believe or not (my family has many religious beliefs within), because I love them, I don't pray for them because I think they're all going to hell because I don't!

1. profile image55
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's little wonder so many of gods children die horribly every day, what with all the misdirected prayer.

God must be so busy keeping you and yours safe from harm to worry about them.

Oh well, keep praying. Maybe things will change.

1. Sa Toya profile image84
          Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not in the mood for your nonsense today. You seem to attack every thing I say or post.

I worry about my family DON'T you dare make it out that because I believe in God and pray that I just leave it to that!

1. profile image55

Not at all, usually it might be ones where you demonstrate hypocrisy. Do you believe that to be all of them?

Well, if you're praying to your god and good things happen to you as a result, in that he's answered your prayers, and others live their short meager lives in abject poverty, don't you think the big guy is just "leaving it to that?"

9. profile image52
      mosesegbeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a good idea but what is it going to be the tune of he prayer I mean what are you going to  be saying ?

10. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

. as a rule i never crybaby to god .

11. goldenpath profile image66
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope, eventually, the Christian world will see the dangers involved in using the term "saved".  When we, in life, use this term to describe ourselves or others it is assuming the ability to judge on our part.  This is dangerous.  It encourages pride and prevents one from seeing those things in life that are important. 

In the scriptures there are many places that talk of being saved if one enters baptism as well as other things.  When these things are read they are to mean that the first ordinances toward salvation are baptism or whatever the context may be.  Really - truly, you cannot claim ultimate salvation in this life because you did this or that.  Salvation comes through adherence to authorized and faithful priesthood ordinances as well as the thoughts and actions in one's life.

Personally, I never use the word "saved" because ultimately that is God's purvue - not mine.  I know it's a life process and not a quick sprinkle of water or blessing of a clergyman.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hat's off to you, goldenpath smile

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we have all been authorized. i disagree that we are not to judge, because we are authorized to judge by righteousness, in fact we are called upon to do so. we do not judge with eyes of human law/sin.

that 'sprinkling' does little but wet the appetite.
        because one cannot be saved by water baptism, whether by tears or pool of stillness.

but we are to take our gift of salvation and plant the seed of faith and ultimately bear fruit.
        I find it striking that so many people accept just the opposite.
        The ole cry/fry turn/burn or wandering sheep theory.

We are meant to be warriors of faith. warriors.
        not passive-aggressive considerations of that faith.
        boldly going, tearing down strongholds, shining our light for all to see brightly.

if He himself walked with Adam, not before him, as with Isra`el, not behind him, as to cast a shadow, but the Word walked side by side with him, with the twelve and each of us.

to accept anything less, in all seriousness, is sinful.
        to assume we are not saved, foolish.
        to believe we did it by our own efforts, deceptive.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

News Flash: Jesus was crucified and resurrected for EVERYONE.

There is no such thing as an "unsaved loved one." Read the Bible and quit spreading non-sensical, blasphemous lies that you were spoon-fed in some man-made church that is more interested in scaring people into giving up their money than actually showing the way to enlightenment.

This kind of exclusive, elitist crap from Christians is exactly why atheists get so fired up.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

News Flash: Jesus was executed for other reasons than the sins of mankind and was never resurrected by anyone or for anyone. smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cags, we all know you don't believe in Christ. That's fine.

You can't prove to me he wasn't resurrected, and I can't prove to you he was; I'm not interested in doing so--if I was, I would start a thread for it, and be prepared. That's why it's called a belief, not a fact. I'm not trying to convince you. The thread is in the religious forum, about prayer--something that generally believers do. I answered as a believer, to a believer.

You probably have a point

2. Cagsil profile image69

First off, - how do you get "Cags, we all know you don't believe in Christ. That's fine." - I am intrigued by this statement, considering YOU don't have a clue about what I believe in or not, unless you're a 'SOCK PUPPET', another user from another account. That would be the only way you would have any kind of understanding about me.

Because, as your account so kindly has said- you haven't been here long to form an informed decision about what I believe.

You have been here less than 3 days? So, you are busted. Come clean? Who are you or were you before hand?

It doesn't take a genius, or an extremely long time, to get a handle on at least the fact that you are not a believer in Christ. You are a common poster in the religious forum, and I know how to read, dude. I also happen to be interested in religion, so some of the time I've spent here in the past three days has been reading a bunch of forum posts.

Actually, you would have to dig a lot deeper than what I have posted recently, to gain a better perspective on what I believe.

For example: there are some posts, when I first began here, were directly attack the bible and it's description of Jesus. Do notice, that I didn't say Jesus Christ.

I'm glad you did a lot of reading, but again you've only seen things of recent. With that said- I reject all religions that have any form of mystical basis for faith requirement. The only place faith is to be place is in yourself or other people.

As for believing in Jesus. I believe he was alive at one point. I also have come to learn he was a teacher and not a minister of religion. I am also of the understanding that Jesus' message that is in the bible is out of context, due to the metaphors used by him to code his teachings, so as not to be discovered. Since he couldn't be trusted and was thought to be teaching something other than religion...he was executed.

It wasn't for the sins of mankind, it was because he refused to promote religious teachings of that time. He was not a religious person - Jesus. He wasn't a prophet, either.

Now, you know where I stand. smile

Believe it or not, your posts were some of the ones that stuck out to me most when I first got here (you've got a memorable style), along with those of a few others. You can read backlogs on the forums. I've read more of what you've written than you might think.

But thank you for taking the time to clear it up.

As I'm sure you're aware, believing in the "historical Jesus" is just acknowledging a fact; believing in the "Christ who is Messiah" is a thing of faith, and different. I merely stated that you do not believe in the latter--a thing I think is obvious, and that you have, here, supported. No attack or disrespect meant...just what seems to be an obvious truth.

3. khawfash profile image60

Because of the attitude you've exhibited, beginning with your first post to this thread, I would've never thought you were a believer.

2. khawfash profile image60

While Jesus was crucified and resurrected for everyone, only those who repent of their sins and receive Christ as savior are saved.

So you think all humans are inheritantly evil and must be absolved of some sin or another? Right?

We are inherently sinful and in need of the pardon that comes only through Christ.

I am not particularly fond of you forming a judgement on my actions, when you know nothing of them. I reject you acknowledgement that all mankind is sinful. I am honest in thought and honest in action. Therefore, I am not sinful. Sin is a religious perception casted on mankind, from an unauthoritive source, other humans. It's subjective and filled with so much ambiguity, it's not even funny.

But, thank you for your input. smile

I'm just a messenger.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
                Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

More like a Parrot repeating the same old phrase that was taught to it years ago. wink

And I see you just can't get enough of it.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Well...we might disagree on other things, but we agree on the above, Mark. smile

2. getitrite profile image71
                getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or delusional.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

How do *you* know

The Bible tells *me* so.

Hey that's a song

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64

That is the lie that furthers the man-made churches that spread hateful, distracting, exclusive lies about God. Get a Concordance, read the Bible, and translate it from its original languages. When you've done that, then you'll know why Christ's sacrifice is for everyone.

His sacrifice is for everyone, but it does not take effect in anyone's life without repentance and acceptance of Christ into one's heart.

Once again, and with more specifics: Get a Concordance, read the Bible--particularly Revelation WITH the Concordance--pay particular attention to the bit about Christ being revealed to all (you can't accept something that hasn't been revealed) the resurrections, the thousand year reign of Christ, and the new heaven and earth. Read the words in Greek, and look up the word "hell" in Hebrew. When you've done those things, you'll get it, or at least you should if you can look at what's actually there and not what you've been fed.

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about.  And since you're not filled with God's Spirit, I can't expect you to.  Only the Holy Spirit can reveal the truth of God's Word.  'But the natural man receiveth not the things of God:  for they are foolishness unto him:  neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.'--1Cor.2:14

And you're supposed to be an authority on who's filled with Holy Spirit? Sorry, I missed that memo. Before you run around making silly judgments, take my challenge. Learn a little about the languages that the book of your faith was written in, and read it as it was intended. Afraid to take up the challenge? Afraid it might knock over that spoon-fed faith of yours? Those who are filled with the Holy Spirit wouldn't dare exclude anyone from the sacrifice of Christ, nor would they dare make a determination about where God's Holy Spirit is working.

I know enough about God's Spirit to understand that He reveals the truth to people and what you're spouting is untruths.  When you say there is no such thing as an 'unsaved' person, that's an untruth.

And I'm not afraid to take your challenge, just not interested.

Yeah. I understand. That's the way it usually is with people who aren't really interested in what God's word actually says.

When did I say Christ's sacrifice wasn't for everyone?

1. tantrum profile image59

well, it's not  , by your own words.
            you said only believers and people who repent from sins are going to be saved
            so it's not for everybody.

All of those who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved!!!

1. profile image0
                cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what if you can't talk?

or what if you're an infant?

You're not a 100 for nothing wink

2. tantrum profile image59

And the rest is going to burn in Hell !
                I heard that story millions of times!
                lol

It's funny, if you look in the dictionary, one of the definitions of "Christian" is "charitable".... mmmmm

3. waynet profile image68
                waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What if you are hanging off the edge of a mountainside by one of your longest pube hairs and it suddenly snaps...shouting the name of the lord won't do any good!

Or if you die in an orgasm with someone's wife
                  lol

woe to you who laugh now,for you ahall mourn and weep

4. khawfash profile image60

Thank you!!!

The sacrifice is for all.  But not all will accept it.

Ah! I see!
                It's a game, and has its own rules!
                well, I'm not playing.
                I pass !
                lol

So be it.

Yes ! It's as it is ! big_smile

3. profile image55

Well said.

Thank you. smile

4. khawfash profile image60

Since you, I and everyone else have people in our lives, whom we love that are not Christian, there is such a thing as "unsaved loved one."

Furthermore, I read the Bible.  That's how I know that although salvation has been provided for everyone, not everyone will repent and receive salvation.  Hebrews 10:10 says that by God's will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus once for all.  For all.  The offering was made for all.  But unless a person receives Christ as Savior, the offering remains ineffective as far as that person is concerned.  You could put a million dollars in a bank account for one of your children and they would have the right to accept your gift or not.  So it is with salvation.  It has been provided for all.  But all will not accept it.  And only those who accept it are saved.  John3:17-18--'For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him MIGHT BE SAVED.  He that believeth on him is not condemned:  but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.'

To believe in the name of the only begotten is to receive Him as Savior.

And the truth I spread has come from the Holy Spirit revealing it to me through the Word of God.

Atheists get so fired up by this kind of discussion because they are being controlled by another, who hates the Gospel.

1. profile image55

Didn't you know? He gets us to drink blood and eat babies for breakfast, too. Huzzah!

5. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and you make us believers FIRED up when u keep referring to it as "spoon" fed... FOR starters MY FRIEND no ONE IN MY FAMILY goes to church except for me.. so where does my belief come from then huh? if I wasnt spoon fed? you just have another lame excuse NOT to believe.. also if it irritates you so much and people who believe irritate u so much THEN WHY THE HECK DO U KEEP JOINING IN SUCH A TOPIC!

3. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

Don't pray for them: show them the last half of Matthew Chapter 25 (I know I keep banigng on about this passage, but the beauty of it is that it jibes with logic, common sense, and also morality and compassion... and it is a specific statement by Jesus about salvation -- and it is in the Bible... so if someone believes in the Bible, try refuting it...)

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Yes, I do pray for them. I also prophesy over them at times.

That's great to hear, SirDent.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Is This the thread where 'The Moose' gets to mount the first to post??? hmm

1. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

eeew   :)Re Pearldiver comment.

6. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Are you saying we are controlled by Satan?

How about, influenced by.

No thanks, I'm good

2. tantrum profile image59

Atheists don't believe in anything.
        If we don't believe in God, We don't believe in the Devil.
        One goes with the other.
        So no. We are not influenced by the Devil

Just because you don't believe in the devil doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  He's as real as God is.

lol
            whatever!
            lol

I'd say there's MORE evidence for the Devil than for God, to be honest.

7. Paradise7 profile image71
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I said a wee prayer this morning for a good peaceful and productive day, and it's been answered so far, so I guess it works.

All done with love, I guess so too.

8. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

I did not pray this morning and guess what I to had a good peaceful and productive day, so was I just lucky?
    ....jimmy

1. Paradise7 profile image71
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, just luck, and maybe a dash of human competence entered into the equation...

Good for you, Jimmy.

9. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

With all due respect, if the things do exist: it doesn't really matter if you believe in them or not-they can influence you. This is not to say that you *should* believe in them...just that if they're actually there, a person's belief or non-belief wouldn't change the fact of their existence.

A person might not believe that they have cancer, but that wouldn't stop it from eating them alive.

really?
      So if I believe in fairies and brownies and dwarfs,, and you don't, all of them will go to your place and make a mess,even you don't believe in them?
      funny !
      lol lol lol

No, but if they *actually* existed and I didn't believe in them...then they might come to my house and tear it up.

You or I believing in a thing does not change whether or not it  *actually* exists.

You know that, smartypants tongue wink

2. profile image55

Hence, the reason why we have examples of identical situations such as Russel's teapot.

True, but if the cancer WAS in fact there, then it should be a simple matter to demonstrate, yes?

If we didn't have the appropriate means to demonstrate it, then no it wouldn't be very simple at all. There was a time when humans were not capable of diagnosing cancer easily. Perhaps we live in a time during which we haven't the materials or knowledge necessary to prove the existence of a spiritual world.

Although...if you've ever seen the movie What the Bleep Do We Know? you *might* begin to think that there is evidence for a dimension of subtle matter that can be affected by thought...There's some pretty crazy stuff going on in science!

1. profile image55

Good point. But, I think there's a difference between diagnosing cancer and proving a spiritual world in that the former has hard evidence to distinguish it from the latter, that being the cancer itself. Certainly, we did not know of its existence, and I'm sure some were of the nature to invoke evil spirits as the cause, but the consistent effects of cancer eventually led to its discovery.

So, we look to the consistent effects of a spiritual world and there are none, yet the spiritual world has been invoked into reality just as real as the nose on your face. If such a place in fact existed, it has does nothing to affect us with the same consistent results that cancer does. Yet, many lives are governed by its purported existence, even when no one has seen it or been there.

That's the inherent problem with trying to compare the physical world to the supernatural; hard evidence.

Q: First: Thank you for your consistently respectful questions, answers, and responses. It's thought-provoking and enjoyable to converse with someone who can respect another, even when they don't agree.

I *can* understand where you're coming from, but the possibilities still fascinate me. I have seen pictures made by a certain kind of camera (whose name I cannot remember off the top of my head). These cameras are, apparently, capable of taking pictures of what has been called the "aura," which appears to be subtle matter/electromagnetic energy. It appears from some of these pictures (esp. of plants) that this "aura" grows first, then matter grows to fill the places where the "aura" already exists.

Now, I understand that this isn't some kind of overwhelming "proof" of the existence of a world of spirits...BUT I take it as evidence that there is *a lot* more going on in the realm of energy and subtle matter that our sciences are only *beginning* to grasp.

What do you think?

1. profile image55

It's called Kirlian photography which employs the method of recording  pressure, electrical grounding, humidity and temperature, amongst other perfectly normal physical phenomenon on a photographic plate. Changes in moisture and barometric pressure will change the so-called "aura."

10. tantrum profile image59

No. I don't.
    for me Gods doesn't exist.

11. tantrum profile image59

And you don't sound like a 'she' at all ! lol

Really?! Hmmm. That's interesting.

*looks between her legs*

Yeah...there's still a vagina there. Whew! Thank Goodness. wink tongue

Seriously, though...I find you an insightful person so: What makes me sound like something other than a "she"?

The way you post.
        your energy is masculine.Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe you're a woman with strong male energy.

I am a woman. I promise. I would also agree that I am definitely in touch with my masculine energy. big_smile

12. tantrum profile image59

Anyway it's not my business. It's not as if I'm going to kiss you !
    lol

Quel Dommage! For a kiss from tantrum would be a rare treasure. wink

lol
        that sounds  like a guy!
        big_smile

lol That was part of the point, given our previous bit of conversation :p

13. tantrum profile image59

I see !
    big_smile

14. efeguy profile image41
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

i pray for every one.

1. profile image55

I never pray, I do.

Do what?

Pray for others! lol lol

2. profile image55

Perhaps, this might help you understand what I said:

"Two hands working will accomplish more than billions clasped in prayer"

Kapeesh?

Two hands working on what, typing lies onto a Christian thread?

1. profile image55

Is it the Christian thing to do to call someone a liar without pointing out and explaining the lie in question?

15. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Are you not convinced just by the facts of life and death?

...Doesn't it make sense that each person has an individual and unique aspect within them--their spirit?

Think about someone..anyone.....they're filled with an untouchable element in them......they're a person that can speak and hear and think and feel.
    Yet they'll die eventually.
    And from seeing people die, we know that they're no longer "there" in that dead body.
    Where do "they" go then?
    Where's that essence that makes them the unique individual they were?

1. profile image55

None, whatsoever. It does little more than add confusion and obfuscate.

They just die, the physical attributes that kept them alive are no longer functioning. Simple, really.

What essence? What is that supposed to mean?

16. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

or ask it for stuff

It?  Well, I see we're not talking about the same God.

1. aware profile image68
        awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

. which god would that be ? ohh let me guess. your god. well i certainly aint gonna pray to that .

I hear you.  I don't pray to 'that' either.

17. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

No, I'm praying for the ones who think they're saved, yet still commit sins in gods name on a daily basis.

1) What god are you praying to when you pray for 'ones who think they're saved, yet still commit sins in gods name on a daily basis.'?

2) Saved or unsaved, no one is sinless.

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Sin is a religious concept, I do not sin.

You just did.  You lied.

He didn't lie.

Sin is a religious term. It only exists in the confines of religion. It's a mystical excuse to call all the evil things we don't like about life.

In some cases, it's manipulated people into believing a lie. lol lol

I agree that in some cases, sin has manipulated people into believing a lie.  So much so until they don't even believe they are sinners.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A concept. No relevance to me, I do not believe in your hair brained god! lol

Man, sometimes you are too much. lol lol lol

Too blunt eh?
                Yeh it comes with the territory, Australians are like that. smile

There you go again. Using a term that is only restricted to those who are religious, on the rest of society.

You have no place to put me or anyone else into the category of sinners. You don't know them. Therefore, you by your own religious belief are to reserve judgement. Yet, you're not staying true to it?

What's that say about you?  Oh, btw- did you know Jesus' work had nothing to do with religion? big_smile

I should ask you:  Did you know Jesus' work had nothing to do with religion, since you use the word so often.

Now that is new! Jesus had nothing to do with religion is something you read from a religious book! lol

Repeating my question back to me, isn't likely to get you a nice response. Do you know? Yes or No?

@Earnest, if you're not going to add to this, then please stop. And, Yes, Jesus' work was not religious, nor was it even part of religion. His work was incorporated into religion, so as to fool others. Religion, in and of, itself, was around long before Jesus walked the Earth. It was only after he was executed, was his work added to religion.

So now you decide what contributions are made to the thread and judge what you consider to be contributing?
                  You know what you can do with that? lol

No, I was trying to ask nicely. That's all. roll smile

3. dyonder profile image73
            dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My name backwards is sinned, is that a sign? If so, and I am (for whatever reason) condemned it truly makes no sense to abide by any rules of self control or restraint.
            So many who try to force others to 'drink of the fountain' completely forget the instance of the child who seeks any attention rather than no attention. How much hate, avarice, self loathing, moral deceit, crime, and perversion is actually born from a set code of 'spirtuality' which insists it is the only way, truth, and light.
            Keep religion, & spirituality for that matter, where it belongs: in one's own head. It should be a personal experience, perspective - not a panacea forced down others' throats.
            Philosophy, on the other hand, is a very different subject (or can be), enabling worthwhile discussions.

1. chambersgirl21 profile image60
              chambersgirl21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will never know which ones in my family are "unsaved" or "saved" Only God knows their hearts. For me to judge them is "outside my scope of practice" wink I do however pray that they are on that path of righteousness and I pray that they do the will of God, all the time.

Glad you don't judge. It's funny how many religious people give off a vibe of being judgemental despite a specific reference about judging that the Gospels record (we'll assume accurately) Jesus having said.

As to who is on the path of righteousness, how about "Ye shall know them by their fruits". If they act like jerks, ther's your answer. If they are decent, pleasant, and upstanding, again, there's your answer.

If people don't want to 'feel' as if "religion and spirituality" are being forced down their throats, they probably shouldn't enter into a thread posted in the Religion&Beliefs>Christianity>Prayer forum, where religion and spirituality are being discussed.

so ,in this thread we get religion forced down our throats ?
                Isn't that a little bit Extreme ??!!!

That's not what I said.  I said if people don't want to "FEEL" as if....

2. dyonder profile image73
                dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I apologize, although the name of the forum did beg for a response from one who seeks to rectify some grave errors on the part of the christianity 'club'. Errors which have resulted in loss of life and severe misrepresentations.

19. tantrum profile image59

lol

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey i was thinking the SAME thing tantrum lol.... woulda ya look at that HA!

lol

I left you some comments in the thread about the second coming
        big_smile

20. tantrum profile image59

Feeling as if, is the same as feeling
    We are going to have that feeling one way or the other.

And that's what it is, a feeling.  Not necessarily reality.

just like God

Well, He loves you, no matter what you think of Him.

now I understand that Extreme feeling!
            I got a sore throat!
            lol
            bye !

And bye to you, miss.

21. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 14 years ago

TIP:...I PRAY FOR THE UNSAVED...NOT BECAUSE I CARE TOO MUCH FOR THEIR ARROGANT CURSING OF GOD...BUT GOD IS MAKING ME FILTHY RICH ON THEIR ACCOUNT...PLUS GOD HAS PROMISED IN HIS WORD THAT THOSE PEOPLE WILL BE UNDER YOUR RULE IN HEAVEN...STUDY THE BIBLE...GOD ALSO HAS EVERLASTING "GET RICH QUICK SCHEMES.."...AND BEST OF ALL...GOD HAS PROMISED THAT THEY WILL BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP HIM IN THE END...OH GOSH..I JUST LOVE GOD TO DEATH..HE IS SO GREAT FOR THOSE WHO CARE TO KNOW HIM...

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are his "get rich schemes" part of HubPages?  lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

Hey wordscribe - welcome back and where's the chewing gum? smile

I was wondering  if this post was ironic - but I am leaning towards, "no." big_smile

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The gum lost its flavor, Mark, just like a few other things.  Anyhoo, I'm leaning towardws a big fat "no" myself.  roll

2. profile image0

Oh my. A couple true points there, but the rest is wayyyy wrong.
      I hope you're not serious about most of that.

22. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

why do you pray for their salvation?
    no one can sacrifice him again.

pray instead for them to come to the knowledge of the Truth.
    so that the Spirit may come upon them; lead them and guide them, as you are supposed to be led.

pray instead that the word is near them, in their mouths and hearts, so that the seed of faith -given to all mankind- may grow and produce good fruit worthy of the kingdom of heaven.

this is true prayer.
    prayer is not hoping, prayer is seeing the full harvest BEFORE you plant the seed.

1. profile image0
      Marliza Gunterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

prayer is not hoping, prayer is seeing the full harvest BEFORE you plant the seed.

THANKS 21...

1. profile image0

you're quite welcome, love.

remember:

faith = substance/soil of thing hoped
        (planting a seed, getting a full harvest)

AND
        faith = evidence/fruit of things yet seen
        (seed in soil unseen, seeing the unseen harvest)

knowing it was YOURS from the foundation of the world!

wink

roll lol lol lol lol lol

1. profile image0

Why the laughter Cagsil, this IS Y`shua's teaching.
            Have you all together changed your point of view on what you said?
            Or perhaps your interpretation of those teachings is mistaken?

I can laugh at whatever I choose to. tongue

1. profile image0

indeed tongue

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

And - some of it is pretty funny. big_smile

2. profile image0

Faith is hoping, plus and based on the knowledge of God's saving power.
      Salvation is based on something else besides just knowledge; it's based on feeling that's attached to the knowledge.

You seem to have left out one of the main attributes of the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of conviction)....

1. profile image0

sorry, Brenda, cannot agree on that.
        Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, not the other way around. All are saved, by that One and ONLY sacrifice, which is from the foundation of the world, the Word.

so it is only needed: knowledge of the Truth.
        only brought: by the Spirit.

born of spirit.

1. profile image0

So...no need for sorrow for sins, no need for forgiveness, correct?
          That totally anulls the entire reason for Salvation...

1. profile image0

you are reading it incorectly.
            all have sinned, yes -hence why we needed a Savior.
            if we do sin, that is already forgiven us for we are washed in the blood of the lamb. to ask forgiveness from one another is only to bring those things to light, so we can strengthen each other against such things. We are no longer judged by sin/law but by the righteousness which is by faith. for He made peace with the Father on our behalf. Can we then crucify him again, to forgive us again. See the difference?
            But if the fullness of the Spirit dwells in you, there is no condemnation for those who are in Y`shua Moshiach, who walk in spirit and are led by Spirit into all truth.

true, many have been convinced that they must first be found sinful, then convicted of that sin and the punishment of it inflicted upon them. But this is law, this is knowledge of sin, sin conscious. Are we still to be sinful, no. We are to be righteous as He is righteous and sees us as righteous.

So long as we cling to the law and any of its parts, we will never be free...

23. profile image0

every tree that does not bear fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
    this fire is not a destructive fire, but when the tree burns, becomes new soil, fresh nutrient for a new planting.

and do not pray over and over for the same thing.
    no farmer pants a seed only to pull it up again and replant it.

change your perspective, change the result.

1. profile image0

...and I'd add to that scenario---no need to be born again....

You're confusing and/or confused, I think.

I thought you understood the concept of being born again....?

2. profile image0

as Paul put it, should we sin more, that more Grace may abound?
      should we crucify him again by sin/works of law?
      No.

what is the truth?

He is the Ultimate Sacrifice, having taken ALL sin past present and future upon Himself, so that the Father's Will be fulfilled:

That none should be lost; that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

That through Him -his work of faith- we would the offspring of faith. He being first born from the dead- we would also be the offspring of Life.

3. profile image0

I understand that.
      But again,  it leaves out the feeling.  It's legalistic.

God is Spirit, but He feels.  He's emotional.  He Loves.  He's Jealous.  He hurts when people deny Him.
      Where there is no sorrow for our sins (and all of us sin at one time or other), there is no openness to the Spirit.

4. profile image0

the emotion of repentance is good, it reminds us of our need for His Sacrifice. It is not to be condemned or enslaved by that feeling.

for if anything keep you from the peace of Christ, then we should free ourselves of it, quickly.

again, prayer is not a feeling. The feelings may arise from prayer.
      but prayer is accepting our harvest, given to us because we know Him and He knows us. This IS covenant.

For I give you ALL THINGS that pertain to life and godliness; that you be lacking no thing

this is why so many do not have their prayers 'answered'

you ask, but do not have, because you ask incorrectly

5. profile image0

You're right that we shouldn't be enslaved by that feeling.
      But don't you agree that that feeling IS required in order to be born again?
      Condemnation is the same as conviction, until one is born again.
      Condemnation is required BEFORE one can be born again.

1. profile image0

No, i do not. Salvation does not come by feeling, but by faith.
        The work of faith may have feelings in it, but is not the root of it.

those outside are already condemned to death because they have not believed. It is not He that condemns them, but their own heart.
        but if they come to Him because of emotion only, then that is not acceptance of salvation by full assurance of faith.

as He said, your Faith has saved you, go in peace.

it was not in fear or tears that many were saved, but by the greatness of faith in their sight, that they saw and believed on Him.

This is my own truth. I did not believe because of a tragedy that brought me to the place of faith. I chose very early to believe by faith and have never stopped. And, I am sad to say, have seen many an alter call, soft music, dim light rooms where tears flow freely. And almost none of them walk in Spirit and truth. They walk in baby diapers, speaking in baby language, drinking baby milk year after year...

It is time for believers to grow and eat solid food.
        abandoning the things of their youth -the fear, the doubt, the games- and walk in the fullness of faith.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would like to add to Twenty's reply.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

6. profile image0

Thank you Sir Dent.
      my chap/verse skills are rough. lol

This is why so many are not getting a harvest, because they pray with a flood of tears -drowning that seed of faith in emotion
      or they pray in fear or worse in anger.

That isn't prayer, that's venting.

Prayer is knowing you know and seeing it full.
      Prayer is the action of faith.
      Stepping out of the boat and walking on the water.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There arer higher heights and deeper depths for those who follow Christ. We must simply be willing and have a desire to go there.

7. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Praying for what? It is like asking the air to give you something.

Fairy fairy in the sky
        why let birds poop in my eye!

1. Hokey profile image60
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

8. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hey Hokey, you happy fellow! I am feeling good today too, I may write a new article or annoy the religious loony, or my usual combination of both! smile

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I missed you. Was at the divine corral. See IPU vs. SM forum for further info. HHTFGEWCFVJKIO  KKI KID!!

9. profile image0

Oh goodness...

People who supposedly have Biblical knowledge (and Spiritual knowledge) who don't want to use the word "saved", when in fact it's in the Bible time after time,  with many of those times referring to Spiritual salvation....!

What's the world coming to??    Ah, but I know.  It's coming to naught, but remaining "the world"....

1. profile image55

It is interesting, isn't it, Brenda? That, the believers here are upset at our pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions of your scriptures and beliefs while you do exactly the same thing amongst yourselves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)