jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

His glory

1. Judobaba profile image61
    Judobabaposted 7 years ago

In genesis we were created in his image and likeness. Adam then was given His glory. What is glory? It means Splendor, state of well being, nature. Sorry to say but today man has lost that glory, we only retained the form. Moses in the Bible  wanted to the glory, he say the backside of God, that was enough as the people when Moses joined them could not behold him Exodus 33:18-23, 34:29-35. What then is His glory?

1. profile image59
      (Q)posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, what was it that Moses did to gods backside?

1. Judobaba profile image61
        Judobabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He only  saw Gods back Exodus 33:22-23 and not God's backside. Moses neva saw God's face but what he saw was enough to make his face shine such that the people could not look at him, Moses had to cover his face with a veil. When God's glory is in your life, you become untouchable by evil, your enemies would be at peace with you, your life would be a testimony. Would'nt you like that?

1. profile image59
          (Q)posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sure, but then I'd wake up.

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image71
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is this a Zen koan?

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would say glory is knowing ones self , ones god self.

4. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi Judobaba big_smile.. I differ.. not all men have lost their glory. You would be amazed at some of the men in this world. I've met a few. They were inspiring. God inspires me everyday. The breathe taking weather, positive people I come across. Beautiful scenery I come across.
      Frienz4lif
      I believe mohitmisra is a man with glory.. the way he speaks. Hes quite humble. His character.. in my opinion big_smile.
      God and Jesus was quite humble if I'm not correct.

5. profile image0
      zampanoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Genesis was Peter Gabriel's Glory
      hehehe
      You ain't got no culture...

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

I'm very happy with my form.
    I'm happy I lost my glory.
    that would be too much !

working