jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

religion

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
    greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago

DO YOU BELIEVE CHRISTMAS IS THE CELEBRATION OF JESUS OR SOME OTHER FORM OF CELEBRATION?

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ARGHHHH CAPITALS!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Jesus and the way to celebrate love and about children too,

2. aguasilver profile image87
    aguasilverposted 7 years ago

Both, but not really....

Primarily it's a pagan festival to celebrate the Winter Solstice and was called (and still is by the wiccans) Saturnalia.

Constantine, when he hijacked the original church, had to attempt to appease all his pagan religions into accepting watered down Christianity in an all encompassing establishment organisation, so grabbing pagan festivals and hanging quasi Christian celebrations was a great marketing plan.

Saturnalia became Christmas.
    Passover became Easter and incorporated pagan roots.

But so what?

Most have no idea and indeed will get offended by the suggestion that their festivals are pagan, and just don't even suggest that the Jewish festivals MAY have some bearing on 'our' Christianity.... most have forgotten that we are grafted into a Jewish root.

Sorry, stop the rant!

1. aguasilver profile image87
      aguasilverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

PS, that dog looks familiar...

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
        greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yea some ppl think i stole beethoven lol but he was just a dog of someone in the park I was at while enjoying a beautiful day admiring the sky animals and fresh air... I thought he was a beautiful creation and had to have a snaps hot I could keep of a reminder smile

3. kess profile image59
    kessposted 7 years ago

Christians are those who follow the man Jesus and not the Spirit Christ.
    They are all bound by a common false doctrine.

They are all pagans, so therefore all festivals of the pagans are pagan festivals.

4. Sa Toya profile image85
    Sa Toyaposted 7 years ago

To me Christmas is somewhat a celebration of Jesus but moreso a celebration of togetherness and kindness.

I see the start of a New Year as one to be thankful to God/Jesus for making it to another year.

1. profile image59
      (Q)posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you thank God/Jesus for those who didn't make it another year as he was too busy making sure you made it?

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

who cares !
    the celebration, if there's any, should be within.

working