believers vs non believers ROUND 1 GO!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (115 posts)
  1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
    greeneyesH1982posted 14 years ago

since people like to fight so much and slander every chance they get heres a forum just for THAT have at it guys!!

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't think this one will go far, the atheists need a target to attack before they can get going, now maybe my reply will be sufficient! who knows...

BTW I published a whole hub called by the same name two months ago when I first started hubbing, my how time flies...

greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aw schucks i figured i was target enough lol my bad

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
          DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just say something antagonising and stupid and I'll start the fight tongue

2. fatfist profile image63
        fatfistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(the atheists need a target to attack before they can get going)

Hey, you're finally getting the hang of it, aqua smile
        There is NO target for atheists, pagans, or gentiles to attack. You finally concede your god doesn't exist. lol

(BTW I published a whole hub called by the same name)

You should know by now that there is a self-proclaimed famous professor here who abhors self-promotion. You have yet to learn how to gawk & drool over authority lol

3. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, target please

2. DogSiDaed profile image60

Nah I'm alright cool

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Christian believers need to quit calling anyone who doesn't believe in their god, the Christian God, an atheist. the Christian God isn't the only available god out there yanno. hmm

4. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more with those who say this is a childish thread, bordering on infant.

This isn't a kindergarten playground, greeneyes, stop treating it like one.

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why some Christians, (and I'm not talking about Muslims, or Jews )here in the forums, gloat in saying Atheists are lost souls condemned to Hell and  blind,sinful people, and then if one accuse them of being offensive, attack back saying we're the ones offending?

I find this so childish!
    maybe it's because they're the Children of God?

Why don't you tell me ?

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that I have said this before if so here it is again.

Sins are like the back side of our knee ....
      I can see yours a lot easier than I can see my own.

It takes a little effort but we can see our own; if we wanted to    But we don't.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this doesn't answer my question.
        Being childish is not a sin, is foolishness.

Jerami also fails to note we're on the internet. Not gonna be seeing my knee any time soon smile
          Sorry if that was childish tantrum winktongue

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image61

friend i will be glad to answer... I think that people just get offended generally when what they believe is being attacked.. know what i mean? for instance some people who believe in God are supposed to be acting accordingly but sometimes they stray by the simple fact that they are humans... and we being humans do make mistakes. sometimes believers need to remember what they are standing for and representing especially when it comes to dealing with the harshness of the world we live in. straying is easy to do and personally i feel when they give into the "fight" are "arguement" if you will then essentially they are leaving doors open that only feed their anger and being outraged by what is being said to them... being respectful but firm is the Godly way. treating eachother in an offensive manner is not really my way of handling situations.. personally when I am disrespected or threatened I really try and ask myself what would JESUS do in this situation and then usually the answer comes to me.. I feel he doesnt want me to give the same treatment that is dealt to me and to understand that not everyone believes in him and they are simply blind to the right ways due to their sin that engulfs them in darkness for which they cannot see.... helps me to handle the situation right instead of engaging in it. Jesus is loving some dont act it always thats THEIR fight with their own demons... hope it helps and doesnt offend smile

why don't they simply ignore the comments?
        To answer in that way is childish!

I don't care if someone says my beliefs or lack of them are ridiculous.
        what I'm talking about is , giving us the names of, sinners, lost, and such, when for Christians that's a sign of Bad person.
        One thing is to attack a belief and other is to attack the person itself.

and also not to offend i just wanted to clarify something... people wont truely understand what it means to be blind by their sin until they ever experince the light. I also used to hear that expression and think wtf? I thought it meant something else but when my life changed and I decided to have a relationship with God it makes sense now.. it doesnt mean how you are taking it nor did it mean what I thought either. there are a lot of people who are simply living in the world today and dont have a clue that their ways could have a serious debt to pay. when u end up having a relationship with the Lord is when u start to realise all the HORRIBLE things that really are in this world.. like for instance we see a lot of stuff on tv like the news and movies and what not about murder, raping, abuse, drugs, sex, violence... etc now normally we see this stuff and dont really care because we are USED to seeing it... therfore almost accepting it in a way. like this is normal and a way of life type of thing because it happens so much and often.. well when u have a relationship with God thats when you start to SEE more so with your heart when it comes to this type of stuff and it actually starts to hurt. hearing so many stories on the news of horrible things happening. instead of looking at it like its normal you no longer think on that level it suddenly becomes clear that we live in a DISGUSTING SICK world.. and it has only been growing in this direction over time like a cancer eating at everything it touches and consuming it. its like when your in the darkness these sorts of things dont literally stand out at you. but when you have light in your heart you begin to feel the pain of it all and see it for what it really is.. evil. I really am trying to be respectful here and I know I posted topic making this a fight but I was also being somewhat sarcastic lol go figure.

This could have been made shorter by just writing:

Don't mean to offend you, but I'm going to anyway. I worship god so I see the truth and you don't. The world sucks but I can see that so I'm ok. I made a topic to start a fight and now don't like the fight that I've started. *Insert snide remark*.

Just because you can see the Cobra doesn't mean it won't bite ya wink

that is not what i said so please dont take out of context what i wrote and twist some of my words around.. words can be delicate and any way you shape them around another results in a different meaning... please respect what i said u dont have to agree with it but respecting is nice...

You can't just respect everything. If I were to now advocate the killing of all babies between 1 and 3, would you have to respect that?

if you cant say something nice then dont say nothin at all!! lol anyways folks I gotta head to bed because they keyboard letters are starting to form together again and if i misspell a word ill be blamed for not having good grammar.... GOOD NIGHT!

like my friend tlyer from church said one night... and I think hes right in this sense.. we need to start having more so of a childlike mind not "literally" people but in the sense that when we start to see these sorts of things we need to be like. "oh what the" and totally reject it so to speak. as if we are seeing this for the first time. not saying that we are all like the people doing the things but not let this sort of stuff feed into our minds and hearts as being ok with us. this kind of stuff is NOT ok and should not just be looked at as another day of the news and such... movies of this sort of stuff only intensify these sorts of "messages"...this is the kind of world we live in and we either become part of this world and all it holds are we seperate ourselves from it.. to me seperating myself meant turning to God so he can show me HOW to think and see VERY differently from what I have been seeing and how I used to see things.. because of this and accepting God into my life I have most certainly been seeing and viewing things drastically different and in ways I didnt even think of or about before... stuff I am bein shown I never really cared about before. anyways

3. Jewels profile image81
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you just goading atheists though?  Is that the work of Jesus?  Would you not be better getting on with your own human to godly transformation than worrying about other people's standpoints?  Just wondering. smile

3. creepy profile image57
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well since this thread is about fighting did you not know that muslims and jews were not christians

Why some Christians, and I'm not talking about Muslims, or Jews

yikes

OK.
        Do you think I'm stupid and don't know the difference between Christians, Muslims and Jews ????
        What I was trying to imply is that Muslims and Jews never shove their religion down our throats.

and why some christians ?
        Well, do you think all christians are the same ?

You said:

'well since this thread is about fighting ....'

Do you want to fight with me ?
        You're wasting your time.
        I find this very boring.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you tantrum. Believers have no place condemning people to a place of eternal torture--besides being completely rude and offensive, it is also completely antithetical to the spirit of goodness and (if one believes in the sacrifice of Christ) totally blasphemous.

The Living God is not interested in torturing people--as earnest is so fond of saying, that *would* make Him psychotic; I assure you believers; He is not. A Concordance would go a long way toward clearing this up for believers.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Don't forget you have the believers vs believers as well. Daddy has a srtong opinion of Muslims. Tell us about the bad Muslims Daddy. wink

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lollollollollollollollol

2. aguasilver profile image70

Mark, you yourself said that if the French Muslims started anything, you would need to join in with the French Christians....

I personally don't know any Christians that would be fighting the Muslims with weapons, I would guess that to be a secular battle against them, in fact I think you use your gendarmes to keep order.

In reality, we 'fundy' Christians would be treated OK by the Muslims, it's you 'infidels' that may have the problems...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/32627#post708832

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/31067#post665989

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/31209#post668794

Sorry Daddy. Be honest now.

Like jesus told you when you came into faith. wink

Although - I am getting the impression that it is all the fault of the atheists for not believing - like santa made us do. lol

Listen son, I'm being honest, I said:

"I personally don't know any Christians that would be fighting the Muslims with weapons, I would guess that to be a secular battle against them, in fact I think you use your gendarmes to keep order.

In reality, we 'fundy' Christians would be treated OK by the Muslims, it's you 'infidels' that may have the problems..."

Nothing there declares that I'm in love with the Muslims fanatical or nominal, nor that I hold any common interest with them, I simply say that I PERSONALLY know of no Christians who will take up arms against them.

This war is between the secularists and the Muslims, and like I said, it's the secular 'infidels' who will have the problems, so please son, don't try to pick everything your dear old dad says apart, or I may have to disinherit you! smile

Oh and son, you may be right here as well....

"it is all the fault of the atheists for not believing - like santa made us do. "

.....but I think you the spelling of Satan wrong, and thats a bad error to make!

4. tantrum profile image60

lol

5. tantrum profile image60

lol!!

But you're not answering me
    I don't care what you believe in!
    But I care Christians saying I'm a bad person, just because.

It's childish and rude
    and as I said before, it must be, because they take the words' Children of God' literally.

i know.. i agreed with you pretty much on that part... by saying what i said. it isnt polite in my mind to attack the person themselves.. if they are doing this then they themselves need to check out who they are following.. just trying to give some clarity where it was stemming from was all smile trying to make more sense of it if i can.... dunno though cus when I didnt believe stuff just made me mad or i didnt really get it.. so i understand what u mean.. one reason I just tried to add some clarity or shed some light on the matter in hopes it made SOME sense smile

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Round 1? This is at least round 12 for 2010 alone!

lol i know but i figured wed at least start over maybe this time we can make peace? HAH yea right but its worth a shot right never give up as my dad always taught me....

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I just love the biblical gods solutions to non belief!

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Any person believing this psychotic crap should be caged! lol

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These verses do not sound very nice do they.   looks like I can't express the fact that the hebrews were coming back home finding another people living in their homeland. That was not the case this time.
          This was concerning a time in the 9th century BC,
         It seems that this story again is about a time of war but I won't dwell on that.
         When I read these verses I noticed that this was a vow that the people made among themselves in an attempt to lure the Lord back into their lives. These Hebrews were a nasty warriors.     
      But...The Lord did not say these things.

8. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

A little story for y'all.

When I was in high school, each month the study body voted on a Boy and Girl of the Month. Each month was a different category, such as Mr. and Miss Scholastic, Mr. and Miss Athletic, Mr. and Miss Charm and Poise, etc.  The students were nominated the by the teachers.  One category was Mr. and Miss Reverence, which was defined as "showing leadership by demonstrating moral and religious values through compassion toward others and outstanding ethical behavior and choices." 

As it turns out I was nominated for Miss Reverence.  The funny thing was, though, I was an atheist.  The teachers just ASSUMED that my values and ethical behavior were the result of following God.  It didn't occur to them that it could be otherwise.

This is inherently offensive to atheists, don't you think? And this is the type of attitude that many Christians project.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!
      A funny story.

A month or so ago I helped a little old lady to cross the road.
      When I had her safely on the other side, she thanked me and told me I was a "good Christian"
      I asked her why she thought I was a good christian, and she said "Only a Christian would have done what you did!"
      I told her to blow it out her arse, and if I could I would take back my good deed, and she could wait around for a "Good Christian" to help her! smile
      She would still be there now! lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she waited for a good christian, then she wouldn't have ever got across the street. So, I guess your good deed did have a really good effect. lol lol

I just went out for an hour, and on the way back I called in to McDonalds for a snack. As I came out the door there was a couple of people standing around the ash tray. The women said "Excuse me, can you get that burning cigarette out of the ash tray?"
          I took a look and decided that I could collect it between my smaller fingers, so pulled it out for her.
          I had thought she was concerned that it was causing pollution, but she stuck it in her face and took a huge drag!
          I left her some cigarettes I found in my ute.
          A funny experience, and one that has always kept me wondering my whole life....
          Why out of all the people coming in and out of McDonalds did she pick me to help?
          This has happened my whole life! I get so many people asking for my help in all walks of life.
          Don't get me wrong, I love the interaction with others, I just wonder why it is me who gets asked!
          Many here have seen my avatar, I ain't no oil painting! It must be something I am doing, but do not have the first clue what it is even after all these years of reflecting on it! smile

Maybe helping is about getting asked to help, not whether you are a christian or not!

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
            KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People naturally gravitate to a kind face.  You have a kind face, Earnestshub.  smile

Wow! Is it that simple? I am very happy to hear that. I guess we can't always see what we look like to others, thank you!

It is that simple, Earnestshub.  You're welcome. smile

You know that is really important to me! I feel a lot better about it all now, and will cherish the knowledge you gave me when it happens next time! May I say that it was very giving of you to teach me this. smile
                  Love and peace to you KCC you have a courageous and generous heart.

It's a great quality to have Earnest.  Look around yourself next time you're out.  Who would you seek help from if you needed it?  The kind face.  Some people exude kindness and compassion.  You have that.  It's a gift to cherish.  Wear it proudly, I would.  smile

I thank you for the nice compliments as well. smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think too many Christians would have bothered helping this lady. 

Common compassion towards man is supposed to be a Christian calling.  How ironic that many might learn the process from an Atheist.  Wonderful story.  Keep up the honorable, and respectable kindness towards others.

That's really nice of you, IntimatEvolution.  I agree with you.

2. earnestshub profile image80

I think we should all withold judgement when others need help. It is easy. Just say sure, and give a little, if you get thanks, fine. If not, you have added to a healthy self worth. You can't lose folks! lol Thank you for the endorsement, I appreciate it and so do those who receive any help from anyone.
              Geeze I love hubpages! smile Some very cool people here! smile

3. Jane@CM profile image61
              Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is touching.  Earnest, you've always come across as a kind and nice person.  KCC is right, its just that simple. smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

Agreed. smile

1. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Inherently offensive, yes. smile

Of course a person can have good morals without god's supposedly guiding hand. It's frustrating when somebody tries to make you justify that to them.

1. Cagsil profile image71

The only thing I really agree with is that it is OFFENSIVE for people to assume someone else's religious belief, without actually knowing the person. Therefore, not only do the idiots at the school not have a clue, but jump to wrongful conclusions in their own life, just like the assumption they jumped to about someone being of religious value?

Religious and Value? These two words do not belong in the same sentence. Kinda like an oxymoron. tongue big_smile smile

9. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Going completely off-topic here for a moment, Earnest.  But, I remember a long time ago you, and others, were wondering what ever happened to Rockin' Joe.  Did anyone ever hear back from him?

Edit:  He never answered the emails I had sent him back then.

I think he is still around, but not here. I have not thought of Joe in a while to my shame, and would like to know that the funny lovable one is OK too! smile

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What?! You guys Email eachother! All I ever get are a bunch of letters from angry old women that I'm distantly related to. This sucks.

lol

10. KCC Big Country profile image86

Yeah, best I could tell he was still performing in Rhode Island, but I do miss him here at HubPages.  *sigh*

I got the same last time, OK I will start looking for him, I need his sanity! He is one very funny guy! lol

So far it looks good. Last login on MySpace 24/11/09. Still looking smile

That is a good sign. smile  I didn't mean for you to start searching for him again, Earnest!  LOL  I just thought you might have heard from him.

No not for a while. I hope he is busy! smile

11. earnestshub profile image80

Jane that was nice of you to say this. I am hoping to become worthy of self respect given a long enough life, and respect for others is important to me. smile
    So many fine people like yourself here provide a platform for discussing real life situations that I find unique. smile
    I am very comfortable with having ripped a few zealots a new bottom and they will know doubt have an entirely different view of who I am! lol

12. KCC Big Country profile image86

LOL..... poor Onusonus.  Want me to email you?

Edit:  Just for fun, I went to send you an email and found that you have that feature disabled.  Ha!  See, now you know what you're missing.  smile

1. profile image0

thanks, Somone didn't like what I was saying a while ago and started sending me creepy Emails so I disabled it.

I have never had one of those! Now there is an opening! lol

1. profile image0

Man it's wierd, It was probably less threatening than what I took it for, but if somone is irate at me they don't need to know my address.......
          Unless it's my Mom.

There are some fanatics out there for sure. lol

1. profile image0

Yeah, religious and atheist! Honestly I work with several atheists and people of varying religions, we all make fun of eachother. nothing serious.lol

13. KCC Big Country profile image86

I understand.  smile

14. KCC Big Country profile image86

People are still people no matter what they believe.  I think people tend to get along great if they avoid the topic of religion altogether.  It's only when we try to get each other to understand the other one that conflict begins.  Let's not try to "save" each other and just have a good laugh.

That is a great idea!
      How many religionists does it take to change a light bulb?

... Just foolin! smile

ooh! ooh! ooh!

I know the answer to that question...

But, I'll wait until everybody is not getting along to say it.
        smile smile

I'm hoping you'll be waiting a looooong time, Wyanjen.  big_smile

It's kind of nice how we're all getting along in a forum that was specifically designed for us to argue. big_smile

That tends to happen. I used to start them up awhile ago myself.
            FIGHT FORUM!!!
            and then e1 strolls in and screws around all nite long.
            Even better! lol

I should do an atheist one to match, but as far as I know atheists do not change light bulbs, they convince the religionists that the light is from god, so they change them for us. smile

2. profile image0

At my work it's just the opposite, as soon as somone finds out I'm a Mormon, it becomes a big barrel of monkies. Like opening a can of sardines.

How do they find out you're a Mormon?

I can honestly say no one has ever asked me at work, nor have I ever told them my views.

1. profile image0

I work with Sailors and they can't fathom why i don't smoke, drink, or have unprotected sex with hookers. "Oh dude, that's because he's a Mormon." somone says.
          Then its like, "Really? so you realy believe ______" (fill in the blank)

LOL....there are plenty of atheists who don't smoke, drink or have unprotected sex with hookers.  Don't fall for their trap.  Just laugh it off.  You don't need to defend your beliefs to guys like that and you're sure not going to convert them.  If someone was genuinely interested they'd pull you aside and ask you privately.

1. profile image0

I never try to convert people, they ask me silly questions and I give silly answers, and then accuse them of being terrorist spies.......

I'm all for the silly answers to silly questions....but why the terrorist remark?

1. profile image0

I work on a nuclear submarine base with Marine gurads allover the place, it's realy funny, trust me.

Ah...ok...gotcha...makes more sense now.

Anyone who has kids knows about terrorists! smile

15. marcofratelli profile image78
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

*pretends to be angry* OK dudes, who's taking me on?! come on! I can take it! #notreally

1. profile image0

Your glasses make me sick! I feel like punching you in your big yellow head..... *Just kidding, Merry Christmas*

*nabs Onusonus's cue stick so I can poke them both with it*  LOL

16. earnestshub profile image80

Marco you old dog you've returned!
    If to tell us of god, I'm concerned
    You stay with the rhyming
    it's all about timing
    religion is all finished... burned!
    smile

<3
      love your limericks!

I thought he was rapping.  big_smile

They are unbelievably clever when they do limericks.
          *applause*
          smile

Clever? I think that's so great
            I'll be the first out of the gate!
            It's so nice in here
            lets bust out in cheer
            and say Au revoir to the hate.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy107.gif
              Brilliant!

2. profile image0

Guards! He's expressing himself ethnically, take him away!!!!

17. marcofratelli profile image78

Ahaha, you guys aren't such badasses after all!

Love the limericks Earnest! Just did some Valentine's Day ones actually smile Can't get enough of them!

*ducks* hey, watch it with that cue stick!

1. profile image0

*dives behind pool table and starts chucking pool balls in every direction.*

2. KCC Big Country profile image86

*pokes Marco with cue stick and quickly hands back to Onusonus and points to Onusonus and bats my eyelashes*  He did it. big_smile

18. earnestshub profile image80

We can all laugh at Marco. He will respond as the king of limericks and cut us down like the straw men we are! Always good for a giggle! lol

Love it smile

19. KCC Big Country profile image86

*Stands on the pooltable cheering*

1. profile image0

*Onus cuts the que ball into the corner pocket, Scratch* I'm out.

20. marcofratelli profile image78

Now now, don't make me write rhymes!
    I've told you a gazillion times:
    Love your devout brothers
    Be good to your mothers
    Being ethnic and "rapping"'s no crime. smile

#mental note to go find that limerick thread in the coming days!

#mental note follow marco around till I find it too! smile

2. wyanjen profile image71

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy096.gif

21. earnestshub profile image80

onusonus has just called the "filth"
    I can't rhyme with that!
    lol

22. earnestshub profile image80

Guards! He's expressing himself ethnically, take him away!!!!

Onusonus has called in the law
    I gotta get outta the door
    if I stay hid in here
    you'll drink all me beer
    As an Aussie I'd rather be poor!

Nicely done!
      http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy036.gif

23. earnestshub profile image80

OK I got that done... I'll be good now. smile

24. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the delightful show!
    I'll be off to bed now.
    Somehow it got to be 4AM.....
    oopsie

Take care!

25. KCC Big Country profile image86

G'nite Wyanjen....sweet dreams!

26. earnestshub profile image80

Marco is king when he rhymes
    he topped me hundreds of times
    I think he is crazy
    tho often quite lazy
    instead of writing he mimes!

27. earnestshub profile image80

Sleep well those who go to bed to sleep!
    Others, well we want to know! smile

28. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

What is a believer and non believer?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)