Why do Christians Shop at Walmart?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I reckon it is no different than the early Christians who shopped at Nero's in old Rome.

1. thekidandblue profile image59
      thekidandblueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quality!

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Another one about Walmart and all that crap? OI! and again I am Catholic and will shop wherever I want to.

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol
    hi crazd !

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hey Tantrum!...ppl made me come back Tantrum sad lol they said they missed me

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes !! I missed you too ! big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

aaaa thanks Tantrum. I guess I HAVE to stay now lol I missed chatting with ppl too it was actually he!! lol

5. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I heard God shops at WalMart.

Everyone knows God shops at Kwik-E-Mart

I thought it was  at M & S
        big_smile

well only for bits cause it's expensive but the kwik e sor the main shop

I didn't know God was a poor soul ! yikes

lol

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Why are there two threads on the same subject?

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  7. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Deja Vu?

8. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Ignorant Americans supporting communism then wondering why the country is falling apart.

That's why the thread was started.

To expose IGNORANCE.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okayyyy. Yes the country is falling apart because ignorant Americans are supporting communism. Now you come to actually say it, it was obvious from the start......

well.... Ignorance

lol

I hope my sarcasm is understood.
        lol

2. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people in other countries are actually handcuffed to beds, and only let out to work. It does make sense to be a smart shopper these days.  Not just look for a bargain. You pay more in the end.

1. creepy profile image57
        creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what

3. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the only ignornant I see around here is you dude!

4. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL well you've been exposed then.  Good Job.

5. Unkotare profile image57
      Unkotareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The country isn't falling apart, and China hasn't really been communist since, well, ever really, but certainly not now.

9. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Ignorance is bliss....for some
    lol

10. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

What is Walmart anyway? I am a Aussie. Do they have good stuff?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The have a lot of cheap junk, some medium junk and a little almost junk BP!
      Just like in Australia, we love a bargain and they are cheap. smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image77
        Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Walmart has junk, but it also competes with higher-end sellers.  I can get a 35% discount on HP toner cartridges there, and I won't get that deal anywhere else.  Not to mention a 25% savings on premium lunch meats, brand-name orange juice, and less than half the price I would pay in any other store for a 1 once jar of dried basil of premium quality.

Walmart is deviously smart.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info, I did not realise that. They certainly know how to make money.

11. Sally's Trove profile image77
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

You have a political and business point, but I fail to see the religious point.

It is no secret that Walmart is undermining the value of work in the international market.  I can understand Walmart as a demon.  But not a religious one.

Instead, I see this corporation as a force that exists for greed, not for good.  Maybe Walmart is an entity that manipulates economies around the world to bring an equality of exchange, although I doubt that.

Walmart's got nothing to do with God or communism.  It's got everything to do with capitalism, a force when implemented supersedes governments, especially in this global communications context where the world is becoming smaller.

12. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I originally posted this in the "Red China" thread...under one of CW's posts...but then the thread got shut down. lol But I posed a serious question that I think about. So here's the post I originally made in the other, similar thread:

"Whoa...

I don't want to...um...add fuel to a fire, but while I wouldn't exactly express it the same way, I think Mike has a point.

I've seen Wal-Mart push out local mom-n-pop stores. I've seen some of the abuse they put employees through.

However; here's my question: many many people are poor; if there *is* a Wal-Mart in town, a person's ideals and desires might be in one place, but their wallet another...what do *you* propose these people do to put food on their table, clothe their children, make home improvements...etc? How do they break the cycle and put the money back where it belongs?

It's easy to be upset about the problems and just point them out...but if we feel so strongly about it...what can we think of for solutions?"

Maybe we can discuss it.

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

TP.

14. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

This thread didn't get nixed by the moderators yet? It is a carbon copy of one this fellow already posted very recently

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)