come share your testimony

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
    greeneyesH1982posted 14 years ago

I want to hear the testimonies of those who have been saved... what changed for you and what made you finally see the truth? and how has your testimony affected others around you? looking forward to hearing such  things that certainly had a very positive outcome smile GOD BLESS

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been saved. I did my inner search and came to self-realization that the mystical "GOD" claim to exist doesn't really exist, except in the minds of those who choose to be 0% self-responsible for their life and obviously misunderstand life.

The truth revealed itself, by employing the true wisdom of life, which determines that I am completely in control of my life, in every aspect.

In some cases, it has made people angry with me, when I tell them what I have learned. Some even call me a "liar" out right, because they themselves think that they are correct in their assumptions of the knowledge they have gained.

On the other hand, my self-realization, has given me a sound purpose in life, that aids in my spirituality and allows me to power forward against any form of adversity, because I am able to discern truth from lie.

Thank you so much for this question. Have a great day. smile

1. khawfash profile image61
        khawfashposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How is it that you "have been saved" when you deny the only one who can save?

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's your opinion. I saved myself from spending my life committed to something false. smile

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

sorry no belief here on being saved except this one time from a snake. big_smile

3. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 14 years ago

I have never testified but other people's testimony didn't do me any good!

4. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

"what changed for you and what made you finally see the truth?"

I stopped ignoring those things which did not fit into my neatly explained lil world.

Those things which did not conform too, or abide by, my rational perception of things. Those things I could not grasp or percieve, understand or explain, on an Emperical level.

I still do not know about the "truth".

But?

I think I am further along now, then when I possessed a closed rational, purely logical and scientific view of the world.

greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

anyone out there who has a valid testimony of being saved?? would really like to hear the joy of those who have smile would be delighted to hear others stories on such a matter im sure there must be some intersing ones of some sort smile

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a testimony which I am not afraid to share, I just can't do it right now. I will come back to the thread within a day or two - I just can't type it out today. Holly smile

ok smile no rush take your time it will surely be here just as surely as Gods love will be smile looking forward to it!!

2. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What makes one testimony valid, and another invalid?

3. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been saved from believing in God, but I don't think you want to hear that story. It's very boring!
        Hi Greeneyes ! smile

a testimony is a testimony.. but in this case I am clearly stating and asking to hear those of the ones who have been saved meaning by Jesus himself.... and hello smile

1. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And where are the proofs ?
            It's all in the believer's head. I know a lot of people think Jesus have saved them and changed their 'wrong' way of life.
            But they have been saved only by themselves. Saved to a boring life. Nothing more entertaining than 'wrong' life. If we're talking about sex
            lol

5. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

I think calling it "Being saved" is a little presumptous, however there was a point when I became converted to the gosple of Christ.

1. khawfash profile image61
      khawfashposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check out John 3:17 & Acts 2:21.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that it is too simplistic to think that one is saved by just saying that you believe in Christ, there is a conversion process involved, to change one's views, in a concious acceptance of the will of God which if followed by continued faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, Baptism, and receiving the Holy Spirit, then the conversion process becomes complete, and will change a natural man into a sanctified, bornagain purified person. Complete conversion comes after many trials and much testing.
        Check out Luke 22:32, note that he was not yet converted at that point.

this is NOT what i asked... may peace be with you and u find the forum u are looking for!!

2. SL Perrin profile image61
        SL Perrinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can read John3:1-21 to understand the whole story of (born again), regeneration in faith with Christ to enter the Kingdom.  It's best to read it with interest, understanding and self questioning.  I did write a hub on such "twice born, twice dead" It won't hurt to read it.

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like the hub, however (and my intention is not to be too critical in my observation) I believe that coupled with the ordinance of Baptism comes the Sacrament. To me this is something of great importance as it becomes a renewal of the covenants made at baptism, and I testify that it is an integral part of the plan of salvation, even that which was spoken by the Lord when he said,
          "He that Endureth to the end shall be saved."
          so with our weekly observances of the sabbath, should we, as followers of Christ, participate with fullness of heart on a continuing basis to participate in the adminestering of the sacrament.

1. SL Perrin profile image61
            SL Perrinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the encouraging words Onusonus.  After having read other takes you had input for this thread and getting them together i affirm your stance and understand that a person has to by faith remove the old way and place on the new by accepting, and washing away the old person and placing a new covenant of faith with Jesus thru baptism, and accepting the Holy Spirit's baptism upon us to ensure the faith and covenant remains in the heart, soul and mind.

6. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have a free day today, I would love some light entertainment, so bring on the "testimonies" Show us how "god" saved you and left the others to die. Megalomania may be an illness but it is an amusing one! smile

oh come on earnest this is not a DEBATE forum for a free for all for those who only wish to attack.. this thread is meant to be positive if you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all... in other words there are forums for your entertainment this however is not one of them.. this is a positive thread for those who want to share their testimonies... hopefully if they are attacked they will no better then to engage in them smile

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

I was saved at about age 12.
    I was raised in a Christian home; my father was a Baptist minister; my brother-in-law was a Baptist minister.  We attended a small Separate Baptist Church.  My father had started a church before, and had preached in several, even other denominations.   His testimony is a much more profound (I suppose one might say) than my own, and was and still is a legacy for me and my siblings.  He preached the Word in simplicity and fervor via the Holy Spirit.  I say so much about him because he had such an impact on us all; as did my Mom.

I was always somehow grateful, even before I was saved, for the Love of Christ, and always fearful of His judgement even though I didn't feel I had done "anything wrong"........

In the Church, any Christian who felt led by God to go to another person and ask them if they were saved, and to try to persuade them to go to the altar, were welcome to.
    There were a few times when my father and mother or others would come to me.  Several times my brother-in-law did.  At other churches, others did.  At first I was embarrassed and then irritated.  But every time I refused,  I'd feel guilty as the closing song played and the service ended;  I'd feel rather sneaky, like I'd "gotten by" with something and relieved.
    ...But a still small voice would say why didn't I go?  And the songs (among them an old one called "Almost Persuaded" would keep playing over and over in my mind and heart..
    It took me a while to really ...listen, I guess;  to really realize that I was a sinner who needed the Lord.  The Holy Spirit kept convicting me.   I'd shy away from church sometimes, but always I'd feel the presence of God,  persuading me through spirit or songs or words.

One day two of my nieces and some others went to the altar to pray and accept Christ.
    That day,  I just...went.  There was an instance when my heart just said "yes" to the Lord,  and my feet just went; that's all I can say really.
    I knew something had changed.  I knew, somehow, that I was now part of the most awesome event ever!   I knew I was at Peace with my Maker.  I knew I was forgiven!  I knew, really knew, that God Loved me.

With me, it was a process of growth.  At times after that I slipped up.  I attribute the fact that I never FELL, though, to the Lord.  I was saved!  I AM saved!   But no I'm not a believer in OSAS (once saved always saved) because I know I had a choice to accept or deny Christ,  and I still have that choice!  But I will say this----once anyone has "met" The Master, and feels His Love deep within and sees His awesomeness,  they will surely want for nothing else besides Him.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No room for indoctrination there! lol

8. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i saved myself from dogmatic god ideas forever ago
    after being to many a church . and listening to every current god idea out there . i had a epiphany .it was as if god said to me dont believe what you have heard about me. i am bigger i am better than anything can imagine . i am what you want me to be . so make me proud . i  promised this . that i would. when im done my god idea will be the tallest on earth .

PEOPLE IGNORE the ones whos posts offend please... this is not a childs playground keep ON with your testimony keep talking your good talk and walking your good walk.. im asking nicely please do NOT engage in a big huge debate and or arguement with these people.. IGNORE them and continue to write your testimonies...smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These posts offend me, and every other person who does not want this crud to go unchallenged. Don't like it? Don't post. smile

if i offend you then kindly leave smile u dont have to listen to me.... GOD BLESS YOU!!

IF THIS FORUM OFFENDS YOU THEN FIND THE DOOR AND FIND ONE THAT DOES NOT!!

1. profile image53
              (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It isn't the forum that is offensive, obviously.

So, all that remains are the members here, evidently.

For example, you and I may very well find each others posts offensive.

The difference is that it is only my posts we would both agree are offensive.

But, that is also the problem.

You see, I completely understand why my posts would be offensive to you, just not in the same way as you see them being offensive. In this however, we have a generalized agreement they are offensive.

The inherent problem is that you can't seem to understand why your posts are offensive, and in fact, you'll defend the position they are not offensive, wholly justified by your beliefs.

So, to bleat out offensive posts while showing the door to those who may be offended is the same as saying you are always right and everyone else is always wrong, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can just tafftard.

Well done.

2. Born Again 05 profile image78
        Born Again 05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this is a great invitation to ask believers to share their testimony. God gives each one of us a testimony to share. With our testimony, we can encourage each other and perhaps help to lead souls to Him. I have a hub that tells of my testimony in much greater detail than I could share here. You are most welcome to stop by and read it. It's entitled, "How I Met The Savior." Continue on with your mission! May many be enlightened by what you are trying to accomplish.

9. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It seems the religionists have reached fervour pitch in posting to these forums, they pump em out, hoping somehow they can shut down the little voices in their head that tells them daily it is all bulldust! lol

10. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I will start.

It is said that God calls to all of His sheep(everyone). My wife and I woke up together in the middle of the night, something we had never done before. We were not raised in Christianity as children and I didn't believe in God. But a dream woke her and a dream woke me at the same time. Here we were- wide awake in the middle of the night. I told her my dream and she told me hers. It was more of a message than a dream. They were very personable messages that could not be ignored.
    We knew who woke us and we knew that something was greater than ourselves. The next morning I was in the yard and a friend stopped by that I had told before to stop talking about 'God' around me. He was a poor pastor living by the word the best he understood it. It was interesting that he stopped by all things considered. We gave our life to Jesus that day and I have never looked back. To me and my wife, it was the most powerful feeling I have ever had. Our outdoor babtism was a close second.

inspiring nonetheless glad to hear of the good work he has done smile thank you for sharing friend!

11. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It looks like everybody found a door.

those that are offended smile there will be people who will want to post theirs i am sure smile

12. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Good Luck! smile

13. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I would be interested in knowing how and when people deny the Holy Spirit. I wonder if any would talk when they failed to heed the calling.

14. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I saved my cat from dog. I saved my parakeet from my cat. and life keeps on going saving others and myself....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)