I dont believe in god but i fear him!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (46 posts)
  1. chronage profile image60
    chronageposted 14 years ago

Religion is a tall order created to keep people in check or is that what they want us to believe???

1. profile image53
      arsmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Jer 5:22  Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

Ecc 12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look, another hardcore - umm - smarty lol

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know arsmith, if there were a god, don't you think he would be sane? Not neurotic with such bad self worth that he needs to be worshipped under threat of death or worse?
        What this part of the bible is describing is a psychopath. Know anything about psychology?... or is that all the work of "the evil one"
        Wotaltarot!

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The topic - I don't believe in god, but I fear him!!! This happens to be one of the most ridiculous statements I ever heard of, aside from those who claim the bible to be fact.

As for the rest of your OP?

Religion is a tall order created to keep people in check or is that what they want us to believe? This is yet another ridiculous question-

Religion was initially created to keep people in check.

Second- Is that what they want us to believe? - They want to you believe so you won't use the brain you were born with, so as to manipulate you with the hope you don't notice that they have accumulated power, prestige, wealth and influence of the world.

Plain, simple and to the point. Solid truth of the matter! smile

2. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I don't fear god but some of the people who do are pretty scary!

1. Rod Marsden profile image66
      Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

2. Shil1978 profile image86
      Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol - nice way to put it!!

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

Why do you fear if you do not believe?

1. CMHypno profile image84
      CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to read what I actually wrote. I didn't say that I didn't believe in god, I said that I didn't fear god.

But that some of the more fanatical god-fearing people are scary!

Personally I believe in 'god' but I don't beleive in man-made religion, which is just a mechanism for controlling people.

2. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing...

4. chronage profile image60

Because of the nagging doubt you could be wrong!  If you look around you anything is possible take a deeper look at thing's and then you will ask question's you wouldn't of thought of before, God could be real but fot the more narrow minded it's just a fiction story!!!

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which God are you referring to?  And who are you to call others, who don't share your neurotic fears, narrow-minded?

5. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

so are you saying you would like to believe.  Or that you don't believe but just if you are wrong fear the penalty? just wondering

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Does not that belong to religion forum?

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Probably. But sooner or later doesn't the never-ending war between believers and non-believers end up in every single forum anyway?

7. chronage profile image60

If you don't believe you are narrow minded it's not an insult it just mean's your unwilling to open your mind to the possibility of something more and you tell me i'm wrong because i'm not, People believe in science yet what are their theory's

Ape to man and why is this because this is what we are told,
    But there's still no evidence there is there "the missing link" and all that.
    so basic science from that theory give's you as much proof as religion,
    What ever you believe you have a right to you opinion or belief but at least think about why you believe what you do, Take a look deeper into your own belief and maybe you will ask yourself question's you havn't thought of before

1. Misha profile image63

If you believe you are an idiot it's not an insult it just mean's your unable to tell scary fairy tale from reality. Oh, and you can't spell for the life of you lol

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
        Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol

1. Misha profile image63

Glad you liked it smile

chronageposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what ever the true story is there is no proof either end, Religion could be just a story but so could the big bang and the ape theory is just ridiculous, They can't even prove it, No one can prove jack!

2. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you got it all wrong
      Including your English.
      lol

8. khawfash profile image60
    khawfashposted 14 years ago

How can one fear what they do not believe exists?

9. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Fear is a primary emotion. Comes from the old or reptilian part of the brain on top of the spinal column.
    That the human sub-concsious would arrive at religion through fear of death is well documented and supported by empirical evidence in psychological studies as long as your arm.
    That process would have some believe in a completely ridiculous fairy tail rather than face their demise. Nothing needs to be explained through hate filled religious tomes, fear and it's offspring causes people to go mad daily. Religion is the simplistic misunderstanding of self.

It is much easier to join an exclusive club, be given eternal life and be able to explain anything bad as 'sin and of the devil"
    God apparently provides natural disasters, but only to wipe out the bad guys, who are really anyone born in a country that has bad weather!
    He answers prayers, but usually it is a prayer for finding the car keys or something similar, while highly religious loving people die horribly in answer to their prayers.

This is the biggest pile of crap mankind has ever bought, and is a blight on the planet. Religionists try to halt scientific learning, impose their 'god's" values on others and tell others they are going to die differently and horribly.
    If I listed all the neurotic, psychotic, hateful, sexist demeaning paragraph from this pseudo history of horror, it would be 2" thick.
    Be brave religionists, read something that is not "peer revued" by your bible or quoran.

10. chronage profile image60

some people get it and other's dont believe what you want to believe if you believe there is no god then who care's i dont and there is nothing wrong with my english
    what are you people smoking
    there may be a couple of error's but this isn't a bloody spelling contest

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

absolutely you tell them

2. tantrum profile image59

the spelling mistakes are not important. They're only funny.
      What it's important that you said you don't believe in God ,but fear him nevertheless.
      How can that be? Unless you see God as a horror movie.
      lol

chronageposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your missing the point entirely i think most people are, Yea there might be no god but because no one can prove either way what the hell is true then yes there is a chance non believer's could be wrong, Who know's what is right if someone had a strong proof on either end then maybe there would not be so much debate on this neverending subject

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Punctuation.  PLEEAASE!!!!

1. twuxedo profile image58
        twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bit rude aren't you?

4. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

tantrum be nice.

5. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

Fear, fear, fear. The truth of Religion

1. earnestshub profile image81

You are spot on. That is all that underlays it. smile

6. tantrum profile image59

Hi Earnest ! lol

7. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

huh? thread scary. lol
      hi tantrum

8. earnestshub profile image81

Hi Tantrum! smile Hi lyricsingray. smile

9. tantrum profile image59

Very scary! Some minds scare the Hell out of me !

lol

They continuously hang themselves on the scripture they quote, and have no sense of irony at all! lol

1. tantrum profile image59

Maybe because in the process, no oxigen goes to the brain. ( I mean the 'hanging' stuff .LOL)

lol lol lol
            Between you and Misha I am enjoying myself far too much! lol

10. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BaxMlnoKZyY/SW17yJ-1i7I/AAAAAAAABSg/E7YRCL8AevY/s320/mike-crain-karatist-preacher-god%27s-power.jpg

lol lol lol Please Misha, I'm gonna owe you money! lol lol lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

11. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years ago

I don't fear god, I fear the religious fanatics of this world, they is just unbelievable nutjobs of the highest order of nuttyness, they is nutters, so nutty with extra sprinklings of nuts!!!!

12. earnestshub profile image81

Why the hell would anyone believe in the fairy anyway, no matter what their reasoning, I do not compare or get mixed up between fact and fantasy to the degree that I would try to justify what I did not understand as some invisible sky fairy! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)