jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)

Is your Faith stopping you?

1. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago

One thing is for certain, all of religion chatters on and on about faith. They even quote from various books of faith. But in truth, is your faith stopping you from living the Abundant Life?

According to: faith is both the 'substance/stuff' and 'evidence/proof' of things. Faith, then is the image of your harvest. The image you had in your heart.

What is that image. What happened to that image? Did it change or did it bring you exactly -to the detail- what you desired?

Yes or no, please share your experience.

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is your faith stopping you? No!

My faith hasn't ever been stronger than it is presently. I've been burdened with unanswered question in my life. I found the answers that I needed. It has given clarity and purpose to my life, more than ever before.

My faith is placed in my own potential ability and knowledge, for which, I discern truth for wisdom. I understand I have limitations and those limitations can be removed, through effort and will power. As I remove limitations from my field of view, as to make them non-existent, I enter a new level of clarity about life.

I am able to present my knowledge without interpretation as a requirement. I live my life honest within my conscience and am always honest when dealing with others. I lack ignorance about life, but am ignorant in areas of knowledge.

I am me. I control myself. I answer to myself. I hold myself accountable for the actions I do.

2. Margie01 profile image60
      Margie01posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Having faith means moving forward; not holding back or being held back.  I think that people are concerned that they will have to give something up if they have faith;those people are misled.

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For any action to be done one requires faith.How can faith stop anyone?

1. 0
        Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mohitmisra, strange you should say that. Faith IS in fact the action & reaction. the alpha/Omega. So it can 'stop' a person from being who they are meant to be and stop them from living the Life.
        well put, thank you.

2. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

If "faith" is holding you back, it's not faith smile

1. 0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What ever happened to the political fights, religion is boring.

1. 0
        Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now that you're back maybe we can dig up a few lol

1. 0
          A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Started a thread on the Massachusetts senatorial race that went nowhere.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Go to the politics forum.

2. 0

Hi, Madame X. thank you.

what I am referring to is not faith as the 'belief system' but the actual action of it -a life experience.

for example: peter walked on water by faith.

smile

1. 0
        Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess you could say then, "Is your lack of faith stopping you?" Difficult question to which I have no answer.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

As we all should Cagsil, well said! smile

4. BEAUTYBABE profile image86
    BEAUTYBABEposted 7 years ago

Faith is a personal attitude of trust and dependency.  Faith is by no means just an intellectual assent that something in fact is really true.  It is a personal trust that something is true.Faith is trust in God and especially in the promises God has made to us. Faith is like an open hand that is out there ready to receive all the things that God has promised that he will give us through Christ the Father. We have Faith, when we take God at his word and this is how we can be justified, not by just doing as much as we can to get God's approval for all the good things that we are doing, but by really putting our Trust in Jesus. Remember, he died on the cross to wipe away all our sins.
    My Faith has grown because I am convinced that he has done exactly what he promised us he would do. I won't deny my faith has been tested on may occasions because of problems with my health.  In particular my MSA is a very hard thing to live with and I have struggled with my Faith there, because I often say just to myself, why would someone who says he loves let me get so sick. This is when your faith is really tested, and it is not an easy road.
    At the moment, waiting for my pathology result to come back, is really getting to me.
    But even if the news isn't good, there is no one to blame here either. I can't lose my faith in God, just because I may or may not have skin cancer, melanoma. I am trying to stay positive, and yest my faith is waning a bit, but it will always be, no matter what the challenge be. Beautybabe

1. 0

forgive me if sound too forward, or am out of place, but I am certain that the image you have of your physical being in your heart and mind, matches that of His image of you, then I am certain there is no cancer.

no hope needed, it is a fact.

5. 0

Thanks Cagsil.

6. 0

Yes, Beauty.
    My question was: Is your Faith stopping you, not the whole of the concept of faith. smile

better stated: since your faith has grown -awesome btw- can you describe the 'stuff/evidence' in regard to a specific instance in your life

7. BEAUTYBABE profile image86

Yes, I see what you mean.
    I can give you an instance, which is something I don't usually talk about mainly because of the nature of what happened. I am referring to the night I was raped.
    When I was being attacked, I was praying to God and asking him to get me through this in one piece. I was black and blue, I ended up pregnant and lost my baby at 10 weeks. However, I was still alive after having gone through the most traumatic and frightning experience I had and have ever had in my life. As I said I have not discussed this before this way, but this is a perfect example of keeping your Faith in God, by praying throughout the ordeal, that he would get you through this.It was sthe only thing I had to help me that night, my Faith and prayer.
    Beautybabe.

8. 0

Hi Margie. thank you.

Would you elaborate?

9. 0

Okay, what if I rephrase.

Is the way you see, think & take the action for any given instance keeping you from the thing your desire

..substance of the thing you hoped for & evidence of that thing...
    ..the seed & the harvest...

10. BEAUTYBABE profile image86

Even my Doctors are not sure what the diagnosis is, there is no way that you could know either?  I have had BCC's on this same leg in the past. I think I will wait and see what the result is on Monday. Just so you know, I don't think you were being too forward at all,if anything it is very complimentary. I thank you for that. Beautybabe.

11. 0

i can only say what i believe. and i sincerely believe that His image of you is not one of cancer.

BTW, the reason I posted this particular question, is i am convinced that many,many,many people are missing the fullness of their harvest. I am certain it is not because they have 'lost faith', have 'no faith' or a 'lack of faith' - because each of us has been given the measure or seed of faith.
    but am convinced it is because of the way they are taught/not thoroughly taught faith.

many ministries talk a lot about faith, what it is, etc.
    yet few -if any- actually show people how-to.

make sense?

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not one word of it! lol

1. 0

Thanks earnestshub

working