jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Children seeing Ghost

1. mod2vint profile image69
    mod2vintposted 6 years ago

My daughter informed me that she thinks my 2 year old grand daughter sees ghost. She says the little one wakes in the middle of the night yelling for someone or something to get away. When she plays she says she looks off into space and tells someone or something that its mine like a spoon she will say my spoon. Now my daughter is really into orb photography and watching shows like ghost hunters I think maybe she has spooked herself. Who is the crazy one here Me, My daughter, or my grand daughter?

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think your daughter has shifted or projected in psychological terms, her beliefs on the little one.
      A course in child raring may help. smile

2. 0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't call any of you crazy because it's possible that spirits can visit people. Since children are so impressionable (Hopefully I spelled that right) they're going to soak up television like a Sham-wow.

3. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I would think it is very possible that the child is seeing something 'unseen', because of what my children have told me about seeing.  About a year ago, my 4yo kept telling me about 'dragons' in his room.  They walked like men and carried swards, but were scaly.  Every time we went to a new place, he would inspect the building for more of these dragons.  Eventually, he quite seeing them.

mod2vintposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's pretty creepy, kinda makes the hair on my neck stand up! Was he scared to be in his room? My grand daughter turned 2 in December and still wakes up most every night and most of these nights she screams out.

1. Ivorwen profile image85
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He was scared at first, which is why I knew what was going on, but after a while he realized they did not hurt him, so he quit worrying about them.   He still does not like to be in the dark, so we use a night light.

4. 0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago

Unless your daughter feels that these "spirits" are a danger to your granddaughter, I wouldn't worry about it. Children and animals, because of their innocence and purity, are much more likely to see, hear, or feel a presence unbeknown to adults. 

Also, it is likely that your daughter has been allowing your granddaughter to watch shows like "Ghost Hunters" with her. Your granddaughter may be highly impressionable and mimicking the behavior seen on television.

mod2vintposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good point about the TV show I'll have to ask her.

5. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Young children between 2 an 5 often have imaginary friends. That is a direction I would explore rather than assume it might be super natural.