jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

No Stick or Gnostic and Why?

1. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

this thread is for Gnostic persons to converse & respectfully ask those who are not to show complete courtesy, respect in your observance and replies. Thank you.

You know there is a difference between No Stick & Gnostic.
    I am curious as to which you are and why.

"No stick" -nothing sticks to you as in doctrines taught by men for their own interpretation, gain, vanity ); not stuck or having a stick up one's -well... you know.

"Gnostic" -free of titles, stereotypes and those ritual practices, literature and systems associated and/or attached to faith -that is living according to the works of Spirit of All.

2. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

My my 21 Days, you do like to stir the pot! And I'm not talking the ganja.

1. 0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. Flightkeeper profile image80
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good Luck smile

3. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Agnostic maybe?

4. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

I believe we all were such at one point, especially during our childhood. In fact, I would go so far as to state that all children are gnostic. to this: all children are born with knowledge but they generally do not use knowledge but something else:

yup, that word called faith.

They live by an unseen set of priorities, desires and motives.
    I am really noticing this more and more with my son.
    He is young and does things myself and many others have done before. Just do. Call it a leap of faith or stepping into the unknown, but it is the same.

As an avid student of Tanakh (Tor`ah/Talmud), I read much that supports this. In fact, many of the stories in it relate well to children and speak of children. Here's one example: Jacob/Rachel.

Jacob was about 13 when he tricked his brother out of the birthright and met Rachel. Took 14 years for him to finally marry her, thanks to his Uncle. But he loved her so much that those years seemed like days. A different perspective, unseen priority, faith in action?

this unseen, in my opinion, is spirit. Because in all truth, children have no consciousness of things, no string-thought patterns. They learn these because we teach them these things, but not by origin...

5. kess profile image60
    kessposted 6 years ago

If "no stick" means not stuck in a pattern of belief, then that is me, but then again not me.

I am stuck to following truth.
    But truth sometimes take you in "about turns". Like rejecting christianity.

I might be discribed as gnostic are you defined.

But since that too is a stereotype, I also reject that name.

Therefore I am...