Why do Christians have a problem with Homosexuals?

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 192 discussions (1166 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Maybe between all of you, we can do away with the whole book! Nice! lol

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In your dreams Earnest, you can live in hope, but don't hold your breath, you would discover the secrets of the universe before the Book fades away or is diminished by those who would seek to do that.

1. chatpilot profile image67
        chatpilotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am an atheist but I agree, Christianity will still be around long after we are all gone from this Earth. I enjoy and live my life to the fullest and if there is a god and he condemns me for that then he is a devil.

2. chatpilot profile image67
    chatpilotposted 13 years ago

From the outset I would like you all to know that I am not a homosexual, but I am an atheist and believe that everyone has a choice to be with who they want regardless of sex. Although, the New Testament does not refer to homosexuality you must take into account that it is not meant to be a book on the law, as was Leviticus in the Old Testament.

The O.T. makes several references to homosexuality and calls it an abomination before God. Jesus said that he did not come to destroy the law or the prophets but rather to fulfill the law. So some aspects of the law still remain relevant to Christians today, especially those laws dealing with moral issues. Some argue that homosexuality is not natural: God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

I personally could care less what you do in your own bedroom nor with whom you do it with as long as it is not illegal. And it does not harm anyone such as a child,animal, or if you forcefully rape someone.

Today's Christians in my opinion are all about judging everyone outside of their ranks. And the bible although it condemns this at the same time advocates that they separate themselves from the rest of us.

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

John 15:26

When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

John 16:12-15

And Y`shua said: when the Teacher comes, HE will lead you into ALL Truth.

ALL of Romans 8!

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I just wish people would just follow their own beliefs and not force them on anyone else. It is not for you to judge how others live their lives...

Worry about your own eternal salvation or damnation not another's.

1. TMMason profile image60
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excactly UW...

They, the Homonazi agenda pushers on the left, need to stop forcing it into our education systems and teaching it as normal behavour to kids.

If they grow up and decide to behave that way... then that is thier choice.

Untill then it should not be pushed on every lil kid in school in this country as a great thing to do to pass the day with your friends.

Damn... I knew we could agree on something.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ridiculous. I am responding to T.O.D. challenge

2. profile image0

Who is forcing anything?

T.O.D. is challenging and I am responding. He is slandering me and calling me a liar. and I am responding.
      Is it Okay with you?

Yes... good point, deb.

They don't have to force it.

They, the left, own the education system in America. They just impliment it into thier lil curriculli.

Thank you, for correcting me.

1. profile image0

When did I correct you? That was to uninvited writer who comes and reads and don't want to read what we say!??

I thought you were talking about the agenda in schools, deb.

Sorry...

And yes... she has a way about her...

1. profile image0

That's ok.
              T.O.D. is trying to prove my knowledge.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you always assume that any criticism is aimed at you?

This was an overall statement, not aimed at you...

1. profile image0

You posted after my statements and T.O.D. and I were posting different views. That's why

And I always assume?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Yes, I often see you over react to the innocent words of others.

1. profile image0

Right. You mean after they follow me from thread to thread calling me a sorceress and saying I am a liar.?
              Yes that is innocent.
              Show me one of those posts.

1. profile image0
                Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

they? I am one person. my issue is not if you are a sorcerer or not -but based on the publications you have here, and your websites, it makes me lean in that direction.

But, back to the case.

Where and whom disputed Paul -meaning the Twelve and Y`shua, using Paul's name or a direct reference to him. That is proof, evidence.

5. profile image0

Here is my last bit.
    you remember when Y`shua says: If I cast out devils by the power of the devil, the house will not stand. Like saying why would i be against myself, right? Here is what happened with Paul:

Act 13.8-12

6. profile image0

this is where you copied it from:

http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/
    http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/paul_ … ceiver.htm

http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/paulthe.htm

the information in those three links is found in your hubs. Deny it and I'll report it to HubPages.

Nothing Paul said goes with what Yahshua said:
    -strange because all Paul ever talked about was Y`shua.

BTW, PAUL called himself and Apostle to the gentiles.
    The 12 were Apostles only to the Hebrews. read the books again, love.

but I am still waiting for proof he didn't.....

1. profile image0

You already posted those. I looked and they just agree with me.
      I posted more links to the sites of those that agree.
      Your point? What I posted is in the Bible. I copied that.
      I invite all to read my hubs and those you posted.
      You say you don't read the Bible, so read it.
      Or ask your Spirit to read it to you. lol lol

Prove it yourself. Read it and understand or not. I don't care.
      If you're not meant to understand, you're not meant

1. profile image0

I have read the bible darling. so ha ha to you.
        Again, the bible sounds bites you gave do not show the twelve disputing pauls position. BTW, Paul only called himself an Apostle to the Gentiles. The 12 were Apostles to the Hebrews.
        Read the books again, love.

And if the Spirit was in you, you would not practice magic arts -tarot, self-enlightening divination or rituals, astrology, etc.
        That is what I told you before regarding ba`al worship. You fit the mold perfectly.

Was fun, and engaging. But I have to go now. Enjoy the weekend!

1. profile image0

The Bible says the only way you can be an Apostle. 1. If you walked with and was taught by Yahshua 2.Was with them, from the time of the Baptism till the same day Yahshua was taken from them.
          After Yahshua ascended there could be no other person taught directly by Yahshua or see his resurrection and ascension

You only read the titles of my hubs.

Apostle is a student of Yahshua, Paul was not and was not an Apostle.

2. profile image0

You're wrong about the teachings of Baal. Explain them
          Where have I practiced magic? You are saying that because Cecil did
          You're so not smart or versed. You prove it everything you post

Bites of scripture? Was I suppose to post the whole Bible in my hubs and on the forums?.

I gave connecting scripture so people can read the rest for themselves.
          You haven't posted any proof.

1. profile image0

again, YOU are the one claiming Paul is the anti-christ (btw, that is going to p-off millions of believers and churches, cuz they are still waiting for him to manifest and call fire down from heaven).

But, never mind that.
            It is the duty and burden of the one accusing -in this case you accusing Paul- of the crimes. The aggressor/speaker/prosecutor must prove -beyond a reasonable doubt, using evidence -not circumstantial evidence or opinion- and eye witness testimony (love that word) the claim they are making is true. Where by, the person judging those facts and evidences can make an honest and right decision. So, get to it and let's see it, else I will discount everything you have rambled and semi-copied published as opinion and more cause to confuse and harm the children of the Most High.

ps, the question should have been asked, when have you not practiced those items mentioned.

1. profile image0

Read Romans 7
              I do not have to prove anything.
              You are challenging me
              Paul is dead.
              I already proved Paul. I told you where to read.

Prove your challenges of me.

1. profile image0

I am only defending. So, it is my job to cross examine your statements/claims to his falseness. I don't have to prove him right only that your statements are false based on the information you are spewing.

I find it funny you are using revelations which also states many characters of the beast -none of which you have proven relates to paul especially regarding certain signs and wonders. In addition, you have provided ANY proof or eyewitness testimony of the Twelve or Y`shua against paul.

That makes your doctrine/accusation false.
                Case dismissed?

2. profile image0

I wrote this about the meaning of 666 7 months ago
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44370?p … ost1033427

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44370?p … ost1033459

I show the meaning of the number here but you guys don't see.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44370?p … ost1033469
      Same as I wrote on my hub

1. profile image0

that is incorrect.
        In the Hebrew it is not TRSV or U it is TRSI.

שאול התרסי‎ or שאול מטרסוס : Šaul HaTarsi not HaTarsu.

so with this little thing, you build the entire thing -making it all false.

1. profile image0

Tarsu. The Vav at the end of a word is U
          The Yod is not in Tarsus
          They called it Tarsu look it up
          You are copying someone that is wrong.

Besides it is the 666 that brings us to Tarsu
          Tau=400, Resh=200, Samekh=60, Vav=6

Not the spelling that brings us to the 666

Don't act like you know Hebrew and it's meaning

1. profile image0

Just because the city of Tarsus sounds like it doesn't mean it is.
            And millions of people came from Tarsus. Paul only gained his "passport" from there because of his daddy -who bought his papers to make him a roman citizen. Paul lived most of his college years + in Jerusalem.

Don't act like you do either. :LOL: Just because you married into a jewish family speaking greek doesn't make you a jew. And the websites you use to proliferate your "hebrew intellect" are the same for everyone. There is no Hebrew for Deborah's in Barnes Nobles.

(michifus, i am not a christian. but hi!)

1. profile image0

I speak Hebrew too. I went to school and my Husband tutored me.

Deborah is a Hebrew name. There are two or three in the Torah O.T.

2. profile image0

tau resh? no, it is final mem 600 + 60 + 6 not 400 + 200.... lol

1. profile image0

That is modern Hebrew.
              The numbering system did not go past Tau=400 in those times.
              You have to count it as it was in that day.

The modern numbering of mem as 600 has no real value to it.
              It is used now in modern Hebrew just as a faster way in counting only.
              You think you are so smart, but you're not

Mem is still 40

1. profile image0

Actually, your whole speal has no real value. lol
                you have tried every which way to dispute Paul and it didn't work. That makes you deceived and falsely instructed -even as an "ordained" minister. Might want to read revelation again before you use it to make claims.

1. profile image0

Stay away from me. You're certainly not like Yahshua.
                  You say you have the Holy Spirit. LOL
                  Your B.S. is growing tiresome, so are you.
                  Study for yourself.
                  If you can't understand Matthew you will never understand revelations
                  GOODBYE

7. michifus profile image57
    michifusposted 13 years ago

I found the whole Christian baiting on Hubpages rather strange at first, as my experience of Christians was that they were a pretty tolerant lot. (Not The Lot of course, who was not really the most tolerant of people it must be said)

Then I realised that a lot of American Christians really do  take the bible as gospel (forgive the pun), and that every word, including the old testament, tends to be taken as read, rather than being accepted that it was written by man,and is at best symbolism, and at worst, utter bollocks.

I digress.

Homosexuality, no matter what religion, is kind of arse over tit (so to speak). It goes against the natural order of procreation and all that.

Quite why people have such a problem with it is beyond me. I personally don't understand what the big deal is, or why it makes people feel so sick to the stomach. Probably some deep repressed desire for the same sex I suppose. Whilst I do not advocate embracing it in the same way as the Catholics, Who does it harm? Seriously, what's the big deal?

I'm hetero, if anyone was wondering, and the cat is a eunuch, so I feel that we are two thirds qualified to answer this, and I'm sure those who have defected to the brown side of The Force will back me up, which surely makes us 100% correct on this wink

Live and let live. Or live and let live in the knowledge that those who do not tow the line will burn in hell. In the meantime, enjoy the partay!

8. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Paul mentions other disciples in some of the writings said to have been written by him.
       I was wondering if any of the disciples mentions Paul in any of their writings?

Other than his own writings are there any other documentation, scriptural or otherwise, of Pails existence?

Not to be argumentative ;  honest curiosity

9. profile image49
    kitty99posted 13 years ago

so do i look like i care wait you cant see me ha,ha,ah,ha,ha,

10. earnestshub profile image80

From the book of the homophobic sky fairy.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

This seems clear enough! The biblical god is a homophobe. smile

11. Jerami profile image59

lucieanne   I almost agree with you.
      I've been saying almost the same thing  EXCEPT  that the bible says that all of this is going to happen.

A religious organization is said to rise up to power.
      It will agree with just enough of the "Beliefs" of the day yet perverted just enough that it is said to be Blasphemous.
    It was given 42 (prophetic) months to perform its Blasphemous teachings.
       It twisted the teachings "JUST" enough to pervert the teachings of Christ. But not too much that it might fool even the very elect. 

42 prophetic months is approx.  1260 prophetic days.

Even according to the church this would be at least 1260 of our years. 
      The Catholic Church was assembled 1685 years ago.
      The timeline comparison of a day equals a year was introduced by the church???
      In fact in  Daniel 9:26 ; 62 weeks is described as being 568 years.  Do the math. A prophetic day equals approx 1.3 of our years.
       At the very least this statement is something to ponder.

1. lucieanne profile image68
      lucieanneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was always crap at maths Jerami. Does this tie in with the 2012 theories by any chance? I find it really difficult to believe in this prophecy malarchy, my rational mind won't let me.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are two possibilities as to when the 42 months began.

Either in 359 AD when one of the "HEADS" (Popes/bishops) returned to Rome after being expelled from his position and sent into exile by the Emperor. And recovered in 359.

Or in 380 when the Catholic church was officially proclaimed to be the only religion in the Roman Empire. the time span could range anywhere between Approx.2000 and 2036

My best estaments using the date of Pope Liberius returned to his former position; the end of the 42 months would be between approx 2012 and 2015.

I am not saying that this will be the end of the world!

I'm just saying that the 42 months will have been fulfilled.
          I do not want to over state what I see as being actually written in scripture.

I just dont get it at all. I've recently written a hub about the Mayan calendar-if it can be believed etc. It seems like even though these races were on the planet roughly around the same time, the tribes in the East lived to be really old, yet the ones over in the Americas were only living about 40-50 years. I just think it's all a bit Chinese whisper-ish. The bible was translated from hebrew into barely decipherable King James English. I'm sure Jesus didn't really say the words 'Verily I say unto thee' I think things have been lost in translation and the bits they didn't understand they made up - same as the Maya

You could be absolutely correct.
              It has always been my opinion that if we can not believe the things that are written as quotes that Jesus is said to have said, A Christian might as well throw the whole thing away.

If there are discrepencies between things that Jesus is said to have said and those things that any of the disciples said?...  I'm going to believe those of Jesus.

If I can not believe what Jesus said then I won't believe what the disciples said either.

But that is just my way of thinking.

2. Jerami profile image59

I was given a bible that a close friend of mine was given by his friend that he and others translated the same ancient text as the ones that KJs' people used.(copies of I would think) This book is almost exactly the same as the new KJV. It was translated in the 60s.

12. wilmiers77 profile image61
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

Yes, I agree that Christian's leaders does down homosexuals. These tend to be older, but the young Christian leads have chilled on the subject because they are more educated about homosexuals. I personally feel that homosexuality should not be seen in a positive light. I agree with Bill Clinton's policy of don't ask, don't tell not only for the military, but for all social norms.

A homosexual can hit on me once, but after I say I am strictly straight, I expect no further advances. I have in the pass continued to party and associate with the known homosexual. Many of my friends are homosexuals.

Love should be extended to homosexuals, not rejection; God loves them also.

13. earnestshub profile image80

Apparently god doesn't love homosexuals.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

As I have said before, the biblical god is a psychopath. smile

1. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

But the Biblical God was described by Man, who always manipulates anything to suit his own Beliefs.
      So if the man had been Homosexual maybe, we would have seen another story. Who knows. All these Christians on here sem so hostile.

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is pretty hostile in itself. A quick dig in the quoran or bible tells the story. smile

1. candice5 profile image58
          candice5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

True, Most Wars are based around some religion, you on't get much more hostile than that. smile

Both the bible and quoran describe an equally psychotic entity as the object of fear.
            I understand it working on the masses then, but now? Incredible!

Ignorance by choice! lol

14. Jerami profile image59

Why do Christians have a problem with Homosexuals?
    Why do christians break traffic laws, like speeding etc.?
    Why do christians make babies?
    Why do christians get fat when we eat too much icecream?
    Why do christians use sunblock when at the beach?

I gues we can also ask
    Why are Christians greedy
    Why are christiand liers
    Why are Christians theaves.

Fact is these are all problems of humanity.

But; I admitt that these things look much worse when worn by self professing Christian.

1. Bacall profile image60
      Bacallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope everyone got their religious BS out of their system. Let's talk plain human relations. Homosexuality is an Abomination to straight people. Hetorosexuality is an Abomination to gay people. Stay on your side of the line and mind your own GD business and we should all be fine. People of of any sexual preference that hurt children should be shot. Animal lovers, and murderers, and rapist have no place in the conversation at all.

1. profile image0

Abomination is a religious term. So much for removing the BS, eh Bacall...

I needed that word to make the point that when women come on to me it makes me angry and disgusted. Just like hetorsexuals react to sexual advances from people their same sex.

ABOMINATION IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!

15. Jerami profile image59

Bacallsaid...
    Homosexuality is an Abomination to straight people. Hetorosexuality is an Abomination to gay people.
    ..... Stay on your side of the line and mind your own GD business and we should all be fine.
    But we do need to recogonize basic facts

Jerami said   
      That at least is getting closer to the truth than blameing everything on Religion, I'm not suggesting segragation either.

We can accept each others behaveior without having to act like we aprove of it.
      This goes for everything from the way someone wears their hair or their pants down half way to their knees,,
    sexual preference and the way people talk to their Moma.

Everyone just needs to learn where their side of the fence begins and the other side ends.

Can we get rid of the double talk too?  No balancing acts please. Live and let live! Dont imply that homosexuals influence your life in anyway, but for the fact that you might know who they want to have sex with. When the real deal could be you only get off with a women's big toe stuck in your.....
      Follow the Golden Rule, and mind your business.

You sound like I've said something to offend you when I don't see that I have.  I was agreenin with what ya said.

We are saying something similar but you are angry I'm not.

I agree that everybody in the world are at least a little bit different.
           And we have people on both ends of the spectrum.
           Everybody has a right to BE.
           But no one can expect everyone to agree with them.

And that works just fine until people start looking for conflict.  Conflict can be found any where, any time.
        Cause everyone has free will to make it be so.

Too bad that many people that are hunting comflict wears "Religion" as their form of camofalogue.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. Bacall profile image60

Amen my Brother! I think you're a great guy. You try to be fair. The world is not perfect and people that force their will on others for "Righteous Sake" are the worst. People need to accept their hate as their own. I ask or expect nothing more than that. Don't blame your hate on God or Homosexuals.
          Not you Jerami!

Or fat people or skinney people; short or tall. People with bald heads or poney tails.  Oh yea they call um MULLETS  now" days.

I don't have a mullet!  I got a poney tail half way down my back.  Go figure???? 

All I'm sayin is don't judge a book by its cover.
              Don't judge at all cause I think every judgment that we dispence upon others, in this life;  we goina haft ta carry every one of um when we get to the other side.

That don't mean I caint, in a unjudgmental way, "Knock" ya back a coupla steps if ya start hitting me on the head.

16. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 13 years ago

God made sex beautiful....religion made it dirty.  smile

Not all sex is beautiful.

And I believe the presmise to the question is flawed... or bait.

Christians do not have a problem witrh Homosexuals... they have a problem with act of Homosexuality.

There is a difference.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Then stop doing it...

All you leant leftist Liberal Socailist Progressives can do is snipe... that is actually what under-cuts your arguments you know, and calls into question whether you really know what you speak of, or not.

But hey... have at it UW.

I've notice people evade addressing a comment with a disection of the statement, instead of the answer to the statement. If sex is bad for you, or you make it bad for your partner, stop doing it! Your sexual performance or lack of it has nothing to do with the rest of us. Mind your business and try to make it better.

Actually you said all sex is beautiful... not good. So I did answer the staement.

Not all sex is either.

Some sex is beautiful... some sex is good.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
          Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Bacall profile image60

I have a problem with a woman sticking her big toe in her man's butt.  I'm sure I should be allowed to hang them on a fence, or beat them to death with a bat. All with Gods' blessing of course.

1. profile image0

I don't see anybody picketing or pushing for the right to do that gross act.  Do you?

But I do see lotsa people pushing for the "right" to shove the homosexual agenda into everyone's face, both privately and publicly.

Ergo, your comparison is invalid, totally.

I'm sorry...
            It's just that everytime I see a wedding, or some couple holding hands and kissing; I think about the disgusting lapping the man might do and the vacuming action the woman might do, and it disgusts me. I don't think they should be allowed to flaunt such disgusting intentions in public or around children. IT'S AN ABOMINATION!

1. profile image0

Obviously you're trying to be funny-sarcastic, but what you're really doing is showing your aversion to normal sexuality.

You are absolutely right! I think love and sex are the greatest gifts God gave human beings. All of Gods children are loved in his eyes. That's why when he was finish with his creation; he said "this is good".

Unless you think someone else has the power to create man. Or you think God didn't know he created homosexuals.

1. profile image0

Adam and Eve.
                  not...well, you know!
                  Sheesh!   When will people stop twisting God's word?
                  I guess never.

1. livelonger profile image87
                    livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Members of a certain English divorce cult certainly do. Repeatedly. They even have the audacity to call themselves Christian, while violating most of what Jesus Christ commanded his followers to do. But, then again, Jesus Christ doesn't really matter; they pray to two English kings instead.

17. Uninvited Writer profile image79

People are far too interested in other peoples sex lives and what they do in the bedroom. Worry about your own soul.

1. profile image0

Maybe if they'd stop TELLING everyone else what they're doing in their bedrooms, and trying to FORCE us to condone it, they wouldn't run into so much opposition.
      I for one don't WANT to know what disgusting things they do in private.   But they should KEEP IT PRIVATE and take personal responsibility for it, instead of flashing everyone and trying to legalize the unconscienable.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well, I guess it's time we ban all public celebration of all marriages since it's just throwing it in our face that these people have sex. No hand holding in public, no dancing together, no kissing in public.

Weddings should be celebrated in a dark, windowless basement lest they offend anyone. Children should be hidden from view as they are proof these people had sex.

1. profile image0

You wish to equate marriage with homosexual actions.
      What nonsense.

Again, you missed the point.

Marriages and the public celebration of them are publicizing the fact that these people are heterosexual. Much in the way that Gay pride parades or the fact of gay marriages publicize people are gay.

1. profile image0

I didn't miss the point at all.
          The two things are not parallel.
          One is right.  One is just plain wrong.

Then your argument is moot.

1. profile image0

No, your argument is invalid.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to add "because I say so!  Neener neener neener!"

big_smile

"One is right.  One is just plain wrong."

Why?

2. profile image0

Didn't WC Fields have that same idea or was it the Puritans? neutral

19. Bacall profile image60
    Bacallposted 13 years ago

Jerami, I have to say you are one of the few people that use the Bible for the purpose it was intended for.  All the love in the world to you, my brother!

20. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

I feel I should add this---

There's a difference if someone admits that homosexuality is wrong and are struggling with the temptation,  and are either wanting to deal with it themselves or else would like help, through prayer or Godly fellowship or whatever means of honest help they can obtain.   The first step toward forgiveness is admitting it's wrong.

I'm realy too tired to write the answer that you deserve.
         I want to thank you for your good hearted reply.
        I'll  return in a few minutes if I can get my head together with a descent reply.

21. profile image0

He does not judge unbelievers by righteousness, they are judged by the law. Nor does He judge the believing by the law, they are judged by righteousness.

22. Jerami profile image59

Thank you for the kind reply.

Sometimes I get a little too full of my self.
      I quite often find my self saying something that I think is  all Ssooo right …and yet at the same time being totally wrong,   
          I am wrong a lot, so I’ll be wrong some more with this statement. 
        It is my understanding that anything that separates us from our relationship with god is a sin.  That just about sums it up. …. 

Jacob was a liar and trickster and had a relationship with God, so in that case being a liar and trickster must not be so bad.   But it could be.
          Jesus accepts us while we are still in our sin… I know that he did me. 
    So when we see someone that is broken, we have to realize that can’t fix them, We can love them and help them if they want help but we can’t fix them.
           God does his best work with broken stuff in such a way as he gets the all the credit.
    All that he wants us to do is to let the love of god shine in us and let that be the attraction that leads the people to him. 

God, Jesus and the holy ghost are the teachers and judges. 

We are supposed to be the ushers. And maybe the shinning light above the door.

When people are looking for their god we are to  show then the way.

I could be wrong but I think this is the approach he wants us to use.

1. profile image0

That sounds good.
      But try the spirit and see if it's right.
      I dunno.  I'm asking you.
      And maybe that is how He wants to work through you Jerami or through other believers, through our personalities and our talents......because He does use us according to our abilities.
      One person may not have the ability to be a Pastor or a singer or a missionary, etc., while another person is well fitted to those things.   Some have the fortitude to be martyrs like Stephen, who spoke to the people who came into the meeting, while others have the boldness of John the Baptist, etc., who came carrying the message directly to Ceasar, and both were martyred after they preached the repentance message.  Either way, they were martyred.

Were there people in the Bible who spoke only of God's Love and not His judgement?  ......I'd like to look that up...

How does one be a shining light for the God who is both Love and Judge, if they only spread the Love message?   How can anyone get fixed by God unless they're aware they're broken?  And too, they must be "broken" in spirit;  they must have a contrite spirit.   How can we show them the Way unless we tell them the Truth about the Way (that Jesus is the Way and that Jesus is ultimately gonna Judge them?!)
          I'm asking.  I'm pretty sleepy myself right now, so my thoughts are limited.   Maybe we can discuss it further later...

You've opened up a subject of interesting discussion when you mentioned Jacob's trickery.

Jacob had a huge desire for the blessing of God, while Esau took it for granted and didn't consider it as precious as Jacob did.   Didn't make it right what Jacob did,  but God knew that Jacob had a fervency that He could use to further His kingdom.
      Jacob later wrestled with an angel of God too, he wanted the Blessing so badly! (Twenty One brought that up a few days back, good subject!)  And Jacob did repent later for his subterfuge,  and repented to his brother;  but it was, yes, Esau who was the most humble and easily-forgiving (at least that's my take on it).    God is a jealous God;  the Bible names that (Jealous) as one of His names.   God Loved Jacob's desire for His blessing.

This also reminds me of the two criminals on the crosses on either side of Jesus as they were all crucified.  One was on the right and one on the left (Luke 23: 33).   I dunno if it's ever said which was on which side.....hey that's another interesting question....but anyway,  one of them mocked Jesus, dismissing His power, not recognizing Him for Who He was,  and the other one did recognize Him and asked Jesus to remember him when He "comest into thy kingdom. (Luke 23: 42).    So, the one (in the right, even if not literally at the right hand of Jesus) was fervently desirous of His blessing!  That one got saved!

When people dismiss the power of God,  His power to save them and keep them from falling,  they're denying Him, they don't Love Him;  and remember He is Jealous.

Really, I mostly view that concept of being "ushers" and "shining lights above the door" that you mentioned as....false humility that seeks to point toward one's self, instead of being the watchmen and warriors we're called to be, not afraid to dirty our hands, not afraid to be called hypocrites, not afraid to be mocked....

Hmm....I'm very sleepy.   Thank you for this discussion, and for treating me kindly, Jerami.   Maybe we can talk later more in-depth....?

Brenda wrote:
        "So, the one (in the right, even if not literally at the right hand of Jesus) was fervently desirous of His blessing!  That one got saved!"

Brenda
        This is a very disturbing comment. Do you remember why Jesus was up there on that cross. He died to save all of us. We are all saved. There is nothing you or I have to do to GET SAVED! Do you really think Jesus suffered Crucifixtion for you, and Joe, and Bob? He died to save us all and we will all be at his right hand in Paradise! There's nothing required from us. He did all the work. You shoud be thanking him for his sacrifice instead of looking at your Brothers and Sisters and trying to condemn them like you have some power to do so.

I have a problem when reading scripture. 
             When I read them I do not see the same way everyone else sees them.   Not just this one but most of them.

This statement that Jesus made while on the cross does not say that the other person goes to hell and it does not say that he goes to heaven. And yet everyone assumes that he is going to hell.

I think that the key word in this sentence is "This"...
          "This"     day you will be with me in paradise.
            The other guy may go to paradise upon the resurrection but not   "this"   day?  He may go to hell?   
             That verse does not say

There are several possible possibilities.

The only thing that the verse says is that the one man is going to be with Christ in paradise    "THIS"  day.

We often assume too much into what is written.

I'm surprised your poor head hasn't exploded by now.(HA)  Don't overthink one or two comments. How could the other theif go to hell then go to paradise? In my opinion, when he said you, he meant all of us.  I think that's the reason he suffered and died. Also remember he said "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do. Why didn't he name the few that he wanted to save? We are all going to be dancing side by side in Heaven.  Even Brenda! I think a simple poem I put on the forums many times would calm your nerves and give you a little peace. It's called "ST PETER AT THE GATE" by Joseph Bert Smiley

I'm not saying that you are not correct. That is another topic.
                 In my opiniop what Jesus said in  THIS  verse is that  "THIS  DAY  YOU ... will be with me in paradise."
                 We need to digest this before we expand upon the other implications.  Such as ...

Where/what is paradise  Jesus went to paradise "that day" yet he didn't rise up out of the tomb till a couple of days later??
                But that is another issue.

When he said;  "Forgive them for they know not what they do"
              I think that he was talking about the Roman soldiers that actually carried out his crucifixion, those mocking him, and probably the Pharisees' that set the whole thing in motion.
                 Again I think that we need to digest this before we expand upon what he was saying. 

I think that we should do this and understand the whole message before we attempt to fill in the gaps with our interpretations.

Otherwise it is like when other people finish what they think that you GOING to say. Finishing your sentences for ya.
                  Sometimes they may be right, sometimes NOT.

1. Friendlyword profile image61
                Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I may be assuming I know what Jesus was saying up on the Cross. But you cant argue the fact that it rained heavily right after the death of Jesus Christ and we all ended up washed in the Blood of Jesus. I just dont believe he came to this earth and suffered and died to save a few of us.

I agree completely with this point of view.  I'm just saying that he may not have been referring to that issue in that statement.

taking this statement at face value  the least that he had to have been implying. was ??

This day   YOU  Paradixe.

When we use that basis process with everything that he said first  and then expand upon what he said filling in the blanks.

When we expand upon every statement as we come upon them can lead us off target as to what he was saying.

2. profile image0

I sure do hope we ARE all gonna be dancing in Heaven!  I hope I see you there and that we'll dance on that golden street!

But the Bible says you must be born again.

And I think you DO know what you're doing.
              The ones who Jesus asked the Father to forgive for they "know not what they do" didn't believe Jesus was the Son of God.  They hadn't yet seen Him resurrect!
              Now we have the Bible, we have the witness of the Prophets and others who saw Jesus transfigured, saw Him die and then saw Him after He resurrected;  we have the witness of those like Paul and Stephen and John;  we have the witness of all Christians since then of how the Holy Spirit leads them.    We have been told! 
              So we are inexcusable!   We cannot claim that we "know not what we do".   Each person must repent and turn from their wicked ways in order to be saved.

2. profile image0

Ah...Universalism, huh?
          Or just kicking at the Word?

Jesus died to draw all mankind toward Him, to give us the offer of salvation.   Not everyone accepts that offer.

If He wasn't going to give us a choice,  there would've been no reason to die on that Cross;  God would've just saved everyone no matter what and been done with it long before Jesus was even born.  Matter of fact, there would've been no need for Jesus to even BE born!  God woulda just said hey there are no rules, just do as you wish.

Your idea doesn't wash, and you know it.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"Jesus died to draw all mankind toward Him, to give us the offer of salvation.   Not everyone accepts that offer."

And none of us have the power to discern if another person has truly accepted that offer or not.

Likewise, none of us, imo, should presume to speculate on whether others are going to heaven or not.

" Each person must repent and turn from their wicked ways in order to be saved."
            Wait, I though all we had to do was believe in Jesus to be saved?

Which is it? Belief? Or good works? Or some combination thereof? Your theology seems inconsistent. Please help me reconcile.

Scripture says that there will be many that profess that,
              "BUT .. I cast out deamons in your name." And Jesus sent them over on the side with the goats.
                 I think that the key word here is "Truely" believe.
                 If you truley believe that I am smart you will believe me when I say that the ice out on the lake is too thin for you to go out and play on. That you will fall through the ice if you.
              do.

I might get tired of going out there and pulling you out of the water. I may think that it is time for you to learn your lesson?  And tell you to not go out there any more.

I might even tell ya that this is the last time that I am going to pull you out. Please believe me when I tell ya that the ice won't hold your weight.
                 Look at me!  I'm walking over the hill now, I can't see ya if you fall through the ice.  If You truly believe me you will not walk on the ice!

But on the other hand you "Might" be able to play on the ice without falling through by staying close to the shore line where the ice is thicker.

So ....   It doesen't mean that if you play on the ice you  are going "certainly" going to drown.  You might and might not?You WILL if you go too far.  How far is too far?
                 Humanity likes to test our boundaries. Just like our little children do.

1. profile image0

Yes, there are times when a Christian will need to decide they've done enough, and will shake the dust off their feet and stop trying to "save" someone....

2. profile image0

Let me put it this way----even the devil believes in Christ.  He surely witnessed the fact that Jesus rose again!
              But is he saved?  Has he given his allegiance to Christ?   Duh...NO.

2. Friendlyword profile image61

Jesus died to draw all mankind toward Him, to give us the offer of salvation.   Not everyone accepts that offer.

NO NO NO!!!
            You know better than anyone that Jesus came here to save us. I admit I'm not sure what was meant by the statement "you must be born again" I didnt read that part. I feel in my heart that Jesus came here and saw for hisself all the evil we possess and all Goodness and love mankind has. I think that is why he asked God to forgive us, for we know not what we do. That's how it was when he died, and that's the way it is now. We dont know what we're doing. You act like you're very sure of yourself, but you know you don't know what you're doing any more than the rest of us.

I just noticed Calvary in your eye.  Very Good.

1. profile image0

Why don't you know what you're doing?  You have a conscience.  And you've apparently heard about Jesus.  His history and the story of His sacrifice has been known for generations now.  How is it that you think you're excuseable?

John 3 tells about being born again.  Jesus explained it to a Pharisee, a man who knew the Old Testament Laws and was, basically, stuck in the ritualistic letter of the Law.  Nicodemus recognized Jesus as being Godly, but he didn't recognize Him as the Savior that He was.  He meant that a person must believe upon and walk in the Spirit of God instead of in good deeds which cannot save you.  It's a new beginning;  you become a "new creature in Christ" when you repent and accept Him as your Savior.

What's troubling about your way of reasoning is that you stick to the very strict teachings of the Old Testament when it suits you, while applying practical ignorance of very explicit commandments in the New Testament when you'd rather just ignore them.

You yourself have not repented in a way that is meaningful according to the Bible (i.e. you're still in your second marriage), yet you're very, very anxious to threaten everyone else who live in a state of sin that you find distasteful with eternal damnation.

This is the reason your way of thinking is going the way of the dinosaur, Brenda. Your attitude is literally dying off, because it's patently hypocritical. All of your hosannas and hellfire-and-damnation threats are being viewed within the context in which they're being delivered, from someone who has no moral authority to make them.

1. profile image0

Still you refuse to understand.
                  What's wrong, livelonger?
                  Are you afraid of becoming a "new creature in Christ"?

The "way of the dinosaurs"? ...
                  I enjoy being around old wisdom.  He is the "Ancient of days" and He never changes.

I will never understand your logic. But, as I made clear earlier, I won't have to, and, fortunately, fewer and fewer people in the younger generations will have to, either.

There were people like you who argued that the Eternal One supported segregation and racism, too. Wonder what happened to them?

I truly believe that prophesy concerning all things about Jesus were fulfilled exactly as he said that they were going to be.  When we believe this, our understanding of scripture take on a different light.

The disciples were told to go out and deliver this message. These verses always seemed to sound urgent having a lot of hurry up to them. They only had about 100 years to finish their work.
           All of the Old Testament prophets were sent to that Hebrew nation.
          That Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 135- 138 AD

It makes sense to me that all of the prophesy concerning them would be fulfilled before that Hebrew Nation ceased to exist.

I agree with the teachings of the church that the spirit of these things, the lessons to be learned by them do transcend the centuries, but the content of the message was to THAT group of people.
           Believing this causes me to understand all of scripture a little differently than I did before.
           The four BEASTS that are described in Daniels' visions were doing Gods will. So I do not see the "BEASTS" as being an evil thing the way the word implies to most Christians.

The BEAST described in Rev. 13 also is doing Gods will.
        It will appear to be so legitimate that it may fool even the Elect if that is possible.
           It will/did caused much confusion in the word of God.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image72

" Didn't make it right what Jacob did,  but God knew that Jacob had a fervency that He could use to further His kingdom. "
        And so, for God, the ends justify the means?

That's an interesting interpretation of scripture.

1. profile image0

God is God and can do whatever He wants to.
          He also knew Jacob's heart, knew that Jacob would serve Him.

So God approves of lying cheats? As long as they're lying and cheating in His name? I'm not buying any rationalization today, thanks.

1. profile image0

No, God doesn't approve of lying cheats.
              You're ignoring the intent of the heart.
              King David was also a man who did wrongs.  Yet God called him "a man after God's own heart".   David backslid a few times, but later repented.   Repentance, from the heart, is the ticket.

"No, God doesn't approve of lying cheats.
                You're ignoring the intent of the heart."
                So Jacob didn't intend to lie and cheat his way into his brother's birthright?

1. profile image0

Yes, he did, from how I read it.
                  He sinned.  But repentance changes things.

23. earnestshub profile image80

Nuke gay whales! It's all for jesus! smile

24. anandpokar profile image60
    anandpokarposted 13 years ago

I do not believe homosexuals have a problem with most Christians, only it seems the ones who have a problem with them.  That's why there are so many homosexuals out there who ARE Christians, and have no problem with Christianity in general.

And also, I think most Christians in general do not ave a problem with homosexuals, as many are accepting and loving for exactly who they are.

1. profile image0

Aww that sounds sooooo nice.
      Very tempting.
      Just like your Tom Cruise avatar.....very tempting 'cause I admire his talent so much and his face is awesome,  but he has a very anti-Christian religion, so I have to close my eyes and remember that there's a wolf in sheep's clothing there.

Hi all.
        I'm back to add my two-pennyworth again. Like I said the other day, I had a Christian up-bringing. I went to church and sang the hymns along with everyone else and I even BELIEVED what the bible said. that is until I grew up spiritually and learned to think for myself, instead of being brainwashed with what I consider to be B.S. Come on Brenda.... Did a whale REALLY swallow Jonah and three days later spit him out alive? Is that physically possible? If someone was to tell that story today who would believe it? Everyone would say he's been hit with the doolalley stick and he was making it up. Why do you believe it just because it happened 2000+ years ago? Its the same with the virgin birth. In the last book of the bible 'A revelation by John' How old was John when he wrote that? If a man of his age wrote something like that today we'd say he had dementia. A lot of the bible is good, I'll give you that. We'd be a pretty messed up lot without it, but I really believe that a lot of it has been lost in translation- Hebrew to Greek to 'olde English'- all this 'thee' and 'thaa' and 'verily' etc. Jesus never said that, so why do people quote it?  MY God gave me common sense, and the ability to rationalise. I've tried on many occasions to find the Jesus you worship, but all I can think is my soul must be lost to the dark side, He don't want to know me!
        My view on this homosexuality thing is whose fault is it if they are gay? who made them? Are we not all God's children? God loves us all, unconditionally, just like we love our own offspring unconditionally. What I can't stand is the hypocricy, ie the Catholic church, with their laws on divorce, contraception, homosexuality. These so-called 'Men of God' bugger little boys, yet condemn someone who is trying to control the size of their family. Would God be happy to see young boys' lives destroyed by these perverts? Would God be happy to see a woman stay with a man who beats her to within an inch of her life? Homosexuality might not be normal (as in sex to procreate) and I can't personally understand it, but if one of my sons were to come to me and tell me he was gay I certainly wouldn't turn my back on him. If God is the loving father we all believe him to be, he wouldn't turn his back either.

1. profile image0

Who said anything about anyone turning their back on anyone?
          Teaching someone the facts of life and the facts of the Bible is guiding them, not turning your back on them.  Rebuking a child or someone else you care about when they're headed for hell IS Love.

And yes I believe the big fish really did swallow Jonah.
          And no we're not all God's children until we're born again by accepting the Son of God as our Savior.
          No I'm not Catholic, and am not trying to uphold the pedophilia of SOME or ANY priests.   Those occurrences are just as bad as any other perversion.

I'm sorry you think your "soul is lost to the dark side", but you do know there's a Way out of that, right?

Brenda - whilst I respect your beliefs (you are entitled to them) My common sense tells me that  a 'big fish' cannot swallow someone whole and spit him out alive. A woman cannot have a baby without human sperm. Have you not stopped to think that someone, somewhere way back in time, found herself pregnant, unmarried, and to stop herself getting stoned to death (for her sins) made up this story of 'God' giving her his holy seed? It's a lot more logical and feasible in the reality of things. The bible is a book. So is Aesop's fables.

"And no we're not all God's children until we're born again by accepting the Son of God as our Savior."

A few years ago I was driving a Preacher and his wife to the airport. As we were riding down Brooklyns' Ocean Parkway; a beautiful 12 lane tree lined highway; we saw a large number of Hasidic Jews walking and sitting on the benches in the mediums on both sides of the highway. Alot of them were coming from temple or markets or what ever they do on a saturday afternoon. They were dressed up and smiling and pushing strollers and their other children were running ahead of them laughing and playing.

I don't remember the conversation I was having with the Preacher and his wife, I just know it had to be a very pleasent conversation because I really liked the Preacher and his wife, and I was taking them to the airport where they would board a plane to Barbados for a vacation. As we were riding and talking and laughing and looking at all the Hasidics dress up and the men walking proudly down the Parkway with their beautiful fur trim hats on, and their children playing and laughing around them; the preachers' wife said "they're all going to hell" with a wave of her hand back and forth as we rode past these people. "They'er not saved, they're all going to hell" with another callous wave of her hand. I remember looking out the window at an old lady walking behind her family. She looked like your grandmother or my grandmother and I felt such horror at the preachers' wife statement, I asked her "what about that old lady there? She looks like she never hurt anyone in her life." The preachers wife said it doesn't matter, they are all going to hell. They killed Jesus Christ.

I can say that day and that conversation changed me. I would never again look at a Christian the same way since that conversation. I guess I was born again in my own way.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
              SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...wow!  that must have hurt...I've come to realize now that I really never know anyone anymore...just me...

Like I said, I really liked the preacher and his wife. But after that statement I started asking the preacher and other members of the church hard questions.  They gave basically the same answer. I was wrong in my thinking and there was something I had to do to make myself better instead of them having to rethink any of their positions in any way. I didn't keep my custodian job much longer after I started asking questions.

2. aguasilver profile image70

Of course a better approach would have been to have asked you to stop the car so that she could speak with those people, but it looks like you had a denomination in the car, rather than a pastor.

Folk in religion can actually miss the point, and look inward rather than out ward.

The body of Christ is the ONLY group of people who exist for their non members!

I hope your walk with Christ was not damaged by your experience with those Pharisees...

Stay Blessed,

John

I like what you said here. Why dont people like like you preach to the preachers a little more. I dont think they realize how much they hurt their cause. Like you said, they are chasing more people away from Jesus then they are bringing to him.

Problem is, when people like me preach to the preachers, they throw  us out, just as they did Christ.

Christ said, Will I find faith in the world when I return, it was a rhetorical question, He knew that He would NOT find HIS kind of faith here.

Not all preachers are bad, but it is a high risk profession, where you can get bogged down in being a good pastor, rather than being a good believer.

But no problem, Christ has hidden His disciples in amongst the followers and 'tares' of churchianity, and will separate the sheep form the goats when the time comes to do so.

Thanks for posting!

John

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
                Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Those Pharisees have it wrong. Right John? The only genuinely unforgivable sin is to speak against the Holy Spirit, and atheists are "afraid to speak against the Holy Spirit":

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/25714

Still - if you can follow them to their hub and provoke them into doing so:

http://hubpages.com/hub/creation-v-evolution

You will be able to "allow other believers to see where you are at eternally"

Which is important. So - just to clear this up - Jews - not going to hell for killing Jesus - unbelievers who speak against the Holy spirit - going to hell. LOLOL

John is a genuine loving Christian. wink

No morals. None. sad

Mark, you missed a few links to the body of my work here, but thanks for the free plugs.

I cannot help the fact that you are obsessed with recanting the same old tripe that you post all over the forums, and I will not be bothered by it.

But thanks for the reply, whenever you attack me my readings go up, keep up the good work, you drive folk to my pages. smile

John smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

My pleasure John. Here is a quote from your "work."

"My God  (the God that PREDESTINED me to salvation ) is only a BRUTAL MONSTER to those who disagree  (with my doctrine of predestination)."

Interesting - only those who disagree with you huh? lol

Did you get the friendly homosexual to change his sinful ways yet? wink

25. profile image0

I believe God created the heaven and earth.
    I believe God formed Adam from the dust of the earth.
    I believe the fish swallowed Jonah.
    I believe Moses parted the sea.
    I believe Noah saved his life and 7 other lives from the Great Flood.
    I believe God destroyed Sodom.
    I believe God made Balaam's donkey talk.
    I believe Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.
    I believe He grew up and died on the Cross for your sins and mine.
    I believe He rose again!  Hallelujah and Praise God!!!
    I believe He has chosen the "foolish things of the world to confound the 'wise'".
    I believe!! big_smile

'There are none so blind as those who will not see'
      I believe a divine entity created the universe and everything in it.
      I call this divine entity 'God'
      I believe Jesus was a good 'human' man who walked on this Earth 2000 years ago.
      I believe Jesus had a vision of a better world for us all to live in
      I believe the books of the 'New testament' were written by the followers of Jesus.
      I believe in the power of love
      I believe that we should treat others how we ourselves want to be treated.
      I believe in tolerance and forgiveness
      I belive in a personal relationship with my creator
      I belive religion is the root of ALL EVIL
      AMEN

1. profile image0

I believe you are confused and confounded.  ha

As are we all..   
          God aint goina let any of us know everything

1. profile image0

Ah, but He lets us know ENOUGH to save our souls, and to Bless us in this life, even.

2. lucieanne profile image68

I believe you are blind Brenda. Maybe you havent yet 'found yourself' and that's why you put so much faith in an old book. Lots of things in life are hard to deal with, but the majority of rational thinking adults don't rely on old myths to see them through their life. I have my own beliefs and my own personal relationship with MY God. I thank him every day for the blessings he bestows on me my family. I don't blame him when things go wrong in my life.
          I'm not saying you're wrong to have your faith - we are all entitled to believe what we want, and if it helps you that's fine. Over the past two millennia, millions of human beings have been brutally killed in the name of Christianity. Do you believe that that is what Jesus or God wanted? The Spanish slaughtered millions in central America - in the name of Christianity, they did it all across the world. Who gave them the right to do that? God? Isn't murder a sin? So much for 'let him without sin cast the first stone' You say you're a Christian but you're not a catholic - what's the difference? Aren't catholics Christians then? King Henry 8th of England reformed the churches during his reign, abolishing the Catholic teachings just so that he could get divorced from his wife. What do you think God thought about that? Some mortal being upsetting the equilibrium of Christianity? But its been allowed to continue as it is. But by saying you're not a catholic means you are condoning King Henry. People follow like sheep. People are brainwashed into fear because they feel that if they dare to have their own thoughts about God, or stop believing in the bible, they will burn in hell for eternity. The whole thing is a sham. Twisted and perverted to suit the needs of the infuential immorals of the world. It's a far cry from the original teachings of Jesus.

And you may be right. Or she may be. We don't know either way.

Belief /= knowledge.

26. Friendlyword profile image61
    Friendlywordposted 13 years ago

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. profile image0

The difference is that I'm simply a Christian, a follower of Christ who believes the Bible, both the Old Testament and the New.   I'm not interested in following the Catholic Church or any man-made church, or any denomination, really.   Although I do believe the teachings of the Baptist Churches are about as close as any denomination can get to true Christianity.

So you don't go to church then?

1. profile image0

Yes, I go to church sometimes.  It's good to fellowship with other Believers.  I love to see souls saved.  But both those things can be found outside church too, and I don't think a person has to go to church to be saved or to stay on the right path, because the true Church is in the hearts/souls of all Christians.  But church is usually where one will find the teachings and encouragement and Love and yes Judgement that is needed in order to grow Spiritually.

I believe there are Christians in the Catholic Church, but I don't believe the Church itself is necessarily Christian; I don't believe in the set-up of that Church nor its Catechisms.
        And it's becoming increasingly hard to find a Protestant Church that follows Biblical Truths without compromising something.
        These days, I'm rarely able to go to church because of personal circumstances.   But anyway, I miss going!  Being in a church congregation has a renewing, edifying effect on a Christian, when the Spirit is there, and when we take the Spirit in with us!

I've been to churches that preach wrong things, so I never went back.  I've been to churches that really do the best they can. 
        I suppose there is no perfect one.

I'm actually still a member on the roster of a certain church.  But the authority figures in that church weren't transparent on some subjects like I believe it should be.....

28. Jerami profile image59

Sorry Friendlyword; I ment to say welcome back ...  before I closed last post

29. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 13 years ago

It is easier to be judgmental than tolerant.

That is golden smile

30. profile image0

Do you go to church, Lucieanne?
    Or do you, Friendlyword?

I don't go to church Brenda. I used to, but I don't agree with all the hypocricy that goes on. there are some things in the bible that insult my intelligence as a rational adult. and if  'all scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching'  then I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give it a miss. I have faith and I believe in a creator, and I try to live my life respecting others, but all this Christian fellowship stuff is not for me. I have a brother who lives in Canada who is a Mormon and there's a lot of stuff they do that I don't agree with. They call themselves Christians but don't follow the teachings of Jesus. The Jehovah's witnesses are the same. They would rather let a child die then let it have a blood transfusion, just because they follow some misconstrued quote from the scriptures. It's madness. I don't know how people can allow themselves to be brainwashed like that, and its my belief that this is the work of the evil forces.

31. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

No, not just Christians but any right thinking person will think homosexuality is unnatural. A hole is a hole is a hole but there would not have been an arsehole if you did not have to defecate.  There would not have been a vagina if you did not have to procreate. Sex is for pleasure no doubt  and any hole, even a makeshift hole with your hands cupped would do the job admirably. but the pleasure is for egging you on to procreate. If no procreation is involved in it, no sexual urge would have been there in the first place.

However, while I defend with my life your right to be a homosexual, I must also be given the same right by you to express opinion about not accepting it!

Damn right. Nothing in the bible about accepting other people's behavior is there? You tell them what you think. That will not cause any fights will it?

What a loving, caring belief system you have. lol lol

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Mark, as always, Christian-baiting and it is his prerogative/privilege to do so. There may come a day when  he will realize that he is indulging in futile exercises and doesn't really have to to it.   

In this present topic, I have not said anything about Christian beliefs but he had to go  find some excuse to read something which is not there and to react to it.

Don't I love him!

Odd - this is the topic:

"Why do Christians have a problem with Homosexuals?"

yea the topic is as you say but  my reply that you have quoted doesn't say anything about Christian beliefs. I would have thought you were replying specifically to my observation.

Sorry - Your profile states: "I love Jesus, my wife and  the world in that order" and the topic is "Why do Christians have a problem with Homosexuals?"

I just jumped to the  conclusion that you were speaking as a Christian and answering the question, when it appears you were just speaking as a "right thinking person," and your irrational beliefs have nothing to do with it.

My mistake. I apologize.

Good Lord, Mark

I never thought I could elicit an apology from you. I am honored . Really!
                Lets be friends, ok?

LOL

Sure - 'till the next time smile

Ta da

32. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The bottom line is that:

a) Homosexuals are naughty shameful people!!

b) Lesbians however, are simply WONDERFUL!

1. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha lol

I don't think the Bible says anything about getting a bit of lesbo action, so it must be ok.

1. profile image0

Sure it says something against it.

It also says a LOT about divorce. Many times it's explicitly condemned, and divorcees are instructed to return to their first spouse in order to repent.

Why do Christians NOT have a problem with divorce?

1. profile image0

We do have a problem with it.
            I've explained this before.  You so conveniently forget.  And you refuse to even contemplate the subject of forgiveness, for both homosexuality and for divorce and other sins.   Because you have an agenda, an agenda to call what is right wrong and what is wrong, right.
            I've dared you to make a thread about divorce, yet you don't.  Wonder why that is?   Maybe because you're not interested in really discussing it, but are only focused on shouting out about the current fad.  And indeed how many people will visit the thread?   Several!  But probably only those who, like you, want to trash my views.
            This discussion here keeps going on and on and on, have you noticed?   It's all about that "healthy debate", ya know, those "teachable moments" that your dear Obama keeps pointing toward, while he continues to prove to be totally unteachable himself.   THIS topic sells, doesn't it, livelonger?   All the airtime it gets only serves to further Obama's agenda.
            When you and Mark get that petition up to outlaw divorce, I'll sign it.  But again, remember, if we're cleaning house, your homosexual advocacy will be swept away too.

Laws banning gay marriage already exist in the majority of state constitutions and there is a federal law against it. There is NO law against divorce.

Too bad there are way too many Christian hypocrites for you to be ever called on your bluff to support a ban on divorce. Of course, looking at your own personal history demonstrates that you would never want to ban divorce - if you had, you'd be back in your first husband's arms, wouldn't you? You very much support divorce, and you fully expect the laws of this country, your church, and all of your family to embrace you as a divorcee. You don't feel that gay people should be afforded the same.

Divorce, despite being condemned in the Christian Bible 5 times, is treated like a "mild" sin, certainly legal and sanctioned by the English churches, like swearing or saying a white lie. Meanwhile, homosexuality, while never mentioned once by Jesus Christ, is considered a paramount sin, deserving of massive social and legal opprobrium from old Christians.

Starting a thread on divorce is pointless; the Dominionists would avoid it like all the subjects that they're uncomfortable with because of their own complicity. They're far more comfortable bashing other people's sins, which is why the mere mention of homosexuality brings them flocking in droves.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't answer my question of a couple of days ago: was your first husband gay?

1. profile image0

No my first husband wasn't gay, as far as I know and from all evidence. 
                No I don't have a bone to pick with some homosexual who abused me, or anything like that.
                I simply know that homosexuality is abominable at the core.  And I do not want it legalized in my country, mostly for the sake of innocent minds who are being force-fed the concepts of "diversity" and "tolerance" by people who continue to call right wrong and wrong right.
                Christians in America are voters too, or at least have the right to vote just like anyone else.  And speak out.  And hold Office.  And all the rights.
                Homosexuality is wrong at the core;  so, actually, paralleling it to divorce isn't even right.
                And anyone, including other Christians, who say a Christian should have no influence or say in politics is full of it.  This nation has set a standard in the world for right and wrong, and we're quickly becoming sub-standard in our laws since the likes of Obama got in office, and Kevin Jennings, and Arne Duncan, and Pelosi, etc.

There ARE people who've shown the right way for any person to deal with homosexual temptations.   A woman recently here had a thread about it.    And even she got either blasted or ignored, and the thread is gone, apparently, shoved down under the blatancy of threads like this one, powered by the energizer bunny of the homosexual agenda.

You don't want acceptance as a person, livelonger.
                You want Nation-wide legal sanction for your sins.
                Instead of looking to the only One who can help you with that.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your first statement is one of the reasons why religions of any kind should not have influence in politics.

Claiming to "simply know" isn't valid in politics. smile

1. profile image0

Bull.
                    Everyone has a conscience.
                    We ALL "simply know" the facts of life.
                    Trying to legalize sodomy isn't gonna change that;  it can only temporarily hide it.

33. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

http://www.blurtit.com/var/group/images/g/g8/g85/g855/g855233_don_t_make_me_come_down_there.jpg

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmmmmm, bacon..

Homer Simpson

34. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

obviously there are christians who are homosexuals.  we could start with the world's largest religion. people choose to believe what they want to believe.

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homose … -christian

Very true. It's safe to say that those Christians who have a major problem with homosexuality are better classified as Dominionists, rather than Christians. Their two favorite obsessions: gays and Obama. lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha, I love new words. I'll have to remember this one.

I find these threads funny at times.  I can't understand how the hypocrisy is not clearly evident. christians aren't supposed to judge, I think everyone knows that verse, judge not lest ye be judged. hmm  of course someone will come along and say that's not what it really means...

the 'plank in their eye' is skewing their perception.

2. profile image0

Twisted.
      And let that group explain the murderer John Wayne Gacy.
      And others.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't read the whole thing. but that's my point, Brenda. people believe what they want to believe. religions make the bible say what they want it to say. why does it really matter how someone else lives?

1. profile image0

That's up to them!
          But when someone tries to make it a law that I (and other conservatives) HAVE TO SANCTION immorality by recognizing gay "marriage" that takes away people's rights, as well as is an attempt to impose immorality directly into the institution of traditional marriage.
          But it doesn't matter.  If they can't invade traditional marriage, they'll accept "civil unions" for a while, until everyone is worn out by their blatant assaults on everyone's sensibilities and give up.   Many "Christians" have already fallen down and let 'em run over 'em without even a fight.

Brenda, nobody is trying to make you go to a gay wedding and wish the couple well.

You're still free to condemn it all you want; fee speech and all that.

Nobody's going to be "invading" your marriage, or mine, or anybody else's.

You're not going to wake up one morning and find your marriage bed infested with sodomites.

Nobody is trying to make you like gay marriage, or even approve of it.

All that the pro-gay-marriage folks want is to be able to live their lives and be treated as equal citizens under the law, whether you or I like it, hate it, or don't give a darn about it. It's none of your business if two strangers want to get married, and it's none of their business if you want to get divorced. In the one case, it's between them and their God, and in your case, it's between you and yours (they may or may not be the same God; we don't know).

You don't have to approve of gay marriage. Nobody wants you to.

All they want is to take away your power to stop gay marriage, that is, to impose your interpretation of scripture (or your morals, or your idea of what's okay and what's icky) on them.

If two men get married, who goes to Hell? You?

1. W. Christopher profile image71
              W. Christopherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Checkmark_green.svg/417px-Checkmark_green.svg.png

I'd like to second that giant green checkmark!

35. profile image0

This thread would be better titled
    Why do many homosexuals have a problem with forgiven Christians?

Maybe I should resurrect the heterophobia thread.....
    At least there, round two (or three, or four) would have a proper forum....

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what is forgiven christians?..i have heard about Catholics , protestantism .

1. profile image0

Just simply born again Christians.

It's a small group, apparently.
        One that often has to defend itself against both religious people and secular people.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh okie..i got that..but why you need to defend it from religious people..i didn't get that?

1. profile image0

Religious people aren't always Christians.
            Many of them are politically correct drones who go with the flow of every fad that comes along, even if it's totally against what the Bible says.

Oh, Brenda.

Do you listen to yourself?

No, she does not engage in auto-ear-otic activities.

1. profile image0

LOL
                  You're actually quite good at sarcastic humor;  that one really is kinda funny!

At least it gave me a well-needed laugh, after perusing the internet and seeing how wide-spread the homosexual agenda is in America's schools.  I about vomited.
                  I would much rather be the butt of your jokes and anyone else's, than to see vivid illustrations of what crap our children are being seduced into.

Time's a'comin' to take a more firm stand, and that's my goal.
                  This place here is over-run with mindless conscience-less droning from the far Left.  Sorry if the truth offends your non-sensibilities, but whatever;  because if it weren't for those circumstances, I'd really enjoy chatting with you!

Good for you, Brenda. Maybe you can band up with the segregationists, witch-burners, anti-Semites and other groups that have similarly used religion and 'think about the children!' as a pretext and create a real movement!

Does it even enter the socio-pathic brain that other socio-paths will read their dribble and go out and kill a homosexual?  Beside feeling fulfilled they get to feel more like apart of the heterosexual world that most likely wants nothing to do with him.  I dont know why the people here on hubpages allow people to print calls to commit murder. I guess most people are to smart and cowardly to outright murder people themselves; so they sit by and watch the true believer call for murder. God and crazy people are such convenient tools for clever cowards to use. And the rest of you sit by and let it happen because you're relieved the insanity is not directed at you. I'm gonna speak up whenever I see it. I hope most of you will never have to face the possibility of being murdered by sanctioned killers. But then again you never know who will be the next target of a maniacs hate.

2. livelonger profile image87

A fan of the "Left Behind" series, are you?

(Remember, though, that divorcees are most certainly "left behind" too)

36. swosugrad09 profile image60
    swosugrad09posted 13 years ago

I am a Christian who does not have a problem with homosexuals. My former roomate in college was Lesbian. Although I did not agree with her lifestyle, who am I to judge someone. Also I know a lot of people who are not Christians and they have a huge problem with homosexuals, so I think you need to address people in general and not just target the religious. Great question though, I can definately see where it comes from!

37. benjaminraber profile image70
    benjaminraberposted 13 years ago

The reason many Christians have a problem with homosexuals is because it's easy to identify and attack. I am a christian, I am not gay. I do not consider a homosexual to be any better or worse sin wise than I am, it is not my place to judge. After all, all sin is the same in god's eyes.
    When I say it's easy to attack what I mean is that as well as being an action (and for some a lifestyle) it has political movement as well. For example, homosexuals push for say, Gay marriage, Christians are against this and so the attack homosexuals.
    This probably gives the impression that homosexuality is being signaled out and persecuted especially over other sins. However, there is no comparative political movement of other sexual sins, such as fornicators, rapists, or adulterers. The reason Christians "have a problem" with homosexuals because they have a problem with us.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't fight for what they believe, but should I be denied that right as well?

As an aside, for those of you critical of eating pork I say:
    “Not what enters into the mouth defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.” Matt 15:12 Or in other words all "eating" sins were rescinded by Jesus, because those things were made "illegal" for the purpose of keeping the early nation of Israel healthy at a time when evidence suggests there was rampant disease among swine.
    So I can eat pork because it's irrelevant. It's no longer a rampantly diseased food.

Why aren't you trying to ban divorce, then? It is a sin that was explicitly condemned by Jesus Christ 5 times in the Bible.

But He said earlier that he wasn't trying to abolish Mosaic law.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17

Kinda contradictory.

"Why aren't you trying to ban divorce, then?"
      Because, divorce is hard to attack. Homosexuality is easy to attack, for the reasons that benjamin listed, but also for the reason that they're a really small minority and lots of people have a non-religious antipathy for gay people; that is, gay people gross out a lot of non-gay people.

It's easier to pick on something the majority thinks is icky (but doesn't actually hurt the majority) than it is to pick on something the majority seems to really enjoy, or at least, seems to do a lot of (like divorce). If you try to ban divorce, or make life miserable for divorcees, you'll have a lot more enemies and way fewer allies than if you try to make life miserable for gays.

That sounds like you just admitted that it isn't Christians that have a problem with Gay people.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. 
           Everyone that isn't Gay must have a little bit of a problem with those being gay .. or they themselves would BE gay.

"That sounds like you just admitted that it isn't Christians that have a problem with Gay people."
          It isn't only Christians, and it isn't all Christians. But Christians are definitely leading the charge against gays.

"Everyone that isn't Gay must have a little bit of a problem with those being gay .. or they themselves would BE gay."

No, I'm just not attracted to dudes, that's all. That's kinda like saying everyone who isn't a carpenter must have a problem with carpenters, or they themselves would be carpenters.

I was just trying to be light hearted...
               But I don't think the carpenter thing is quite the same. It's more like comparing sex to eating cookies.

Lets just say that everyone eats cookies.
              Everyone doesn't wanta to eat the same kind of cookies.
            Me ?  I like them all (cookies) as long as they got sugar in um.

Back to the issue.  If I was only attracted to chocolate chip cookies, I only ate this kind there must be something in my mind that I don't like about the rest, whether I am aware of what that is or not. I only eat chocolate chip cause these are the only ones that I am attracted to. There is something wrong (To my taste buds) with all other kinds cause they aren't chocolate chip.

An aversion to ... comes in many diffrent degrees.
            from slight all the way to hougue

They can't understand that being gay is not a choice. They think that any straight person will suddenly become gay if they don't fight it off (because, you know, being gay benefits you in so, so many ways in our society). They also think that choosing to be gay means you loathe heterosexuals, or that if you support gay equality it means you want to strip heterosexuals of their rights.

It all boggles the mind. But this is what they believe, and they will continue to believe it in the face of all of the evidence and application of reason to the contrary.

1. profile image0

They feel you can stop being gay, and instantly if you ask forgiveness and say you believe "Jesus" died for your sins

Jeff, as usual, you are just far too logical in answering questions like these.

Why can't you just say that homosexuality is God's least favorite sin and by treating gay people as equals we are bringing on the wholesale destruction of our civilization? wink

38. Jerami profile image59

Brenda Durham  said ...Time's a'comin' to take a more firm stand,

==============================================================

Jerami says  That is just it!  The time is a comin and theirs nothing we can do about it. we caint stopit.

39. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

I enjoy the forums and I appreciate having the ability to have so many viewpoints featured in any given debate, big or small.  Most topics get a rise for a while then fade away once the topic becomes inactive for one reason or another.  This topic, however, I see EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Quite frankly, I'm tired of seeing it.  This particular hot-button topic will never be settled satsifactorily as there are too many people with the epitime of polar opposite views and many are so staunch in their beliefs that they will argue it to their death.  This horse has been beaten and it's as dead as it will get.  There is no sense in getting yourselves hot under the collar and all worked up over this day in and day out. The bottom line for Christians should be that it is not for man to judge others, that is HIS job. Let him do it, leave everybody else alone, and just focus on living your life the way you feel you should.  In other words LET IT GO already!

40. profile image0

Yup, that's called the ism, dear. The oxymoron opposing opposites are equal, neutral.

1. profile image0

You lack so much understanding, it's almost funny. But really it's sad.

1. profile image0

Sorry, you can't use my crayons. You melted yours. HELLO!

2. profile image0

41. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Been seeing this thread forever..

Who cares.

42. earnestshub profile image80

Here is why christians and other god botherers have a problem with homosexuals. It's in their hate filled book!

Look up Romans 1:24-32 (NLT)

Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Funny, some threads in this discussion seem to be closed to replies...

Anyway, LiveLonger said,

"If you were in an interracial marriage or were an adherent to a religion other than evangelical Christianity, would you want "a Brenda" to hector you?"

For my money, if all Brenda was doing was 'hectoring' folks, that'd be fine. I regularly get evangelists from several churches knocking on my door. They're nice folks, trying to do good in the world.

Of course, they never say anything about me going to Hell because I don't share their particular heresy, so that may be why I think they're nice folks and not obnoxious jerks.

But hey, hector away. I'll stand up for Brenda's right to hector people. I think she's being rude (also not entirely truthful) when she tells someone that their commitment to their same sex partner is an affront to decent people everywhere, but hey, free speech. We also have the freedom not to listen.

But I don't think she should get the power to stop people from committing to their same-sex partner. Tell them she thinks they're doing wrong? Fine. Stop them from doing it? Nope.

Yes, you're absolutely right.

As far as I'm concerned, when the "gay agenda" is over (i.e. gays are allowed to serve in the armed forces, and get married to the person they love - I believe those are the only instances in which straight and gay people are unequal under the law), it will be very easy to ignore people like Brenda. Until then, she's a reminder that bigotry hold sway over our laws, and therefore, for some of us, our livelihoods.

2. aguasilver profile image70

Right on the money Jeff, we all have the right to do as we wish, and to speak for or against whatever we believe.

So why is she being attacked by the trolls?

All she is doing is expressing her God (and State) given rights to free speech and freedom of religion.

So what's the agenda for those atheist trolls?

"So why is she being attacked by the trolls?"
          Freedom of speech applies to all of us. If you don't like what someone says, argue against it. Or ignore it, as Brenda seems to be doing with me at the moment.

"So what's the agenda for those atheist trolls?"

Isn't it obvious?
          All [they are] doing is expressing [their] God (and State) given rights to free speech and freedom of religion.

Mark Knowles said    You needed to hear that.

=========
        Maybe I did ?   Do I know that I did ?
      ================================================================
      @  livelonger  I agree that EVERYone should have equal rights under the law.
        People shouldn't care If a civil union is designed to afford every right that is contained as described by law that Married people have.   I myself; do not care what you call it.
      I'll call any gay couple husband and husband, or lesbian couple Wife and wife.

The definition of marriage  "in my mind"  is husband and wife.  I don't care if ya change the definition in the dictionary; but leave my head alone.

And allow my children this same privilege.

But we all know that there will always be .. someone ..  that will want to pick up the baton and carry it even farther.

Next we will have to make the bible politically correct and rewrite it.  There has already been enough of that.

Some issues will never be resolved cause some one will always want to take it just one more step farther.

If you want to consider two married gay people, or a married interracial couple, or *whatever* something other than "true" marriage, who cares? You can think whatever you want, say whatever you want, print whatever you want, and I don't think any of those have any threat of being curtailed under the law.

If I'm allowed to marry whom I love *under the law*, I will not care one whit what anyone else says negative about it.

And this is the right attitude for you to have.
          You can change the definition in the dictionary.

There may be many words in the dictionary that needs changing in my opinion.

That is an isue that should be worked out with Mr. Webster!

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Wouldn't it be much simpler to use a word as it is defined in the dictionary within the context of your communication? Further to that, wouldn't it also be much simpler to either use another word or create a new word that defines exactly what you wish to convey? All this and more already exist in a dictionary.  smile

That seems to be a reasonable answer. Regardless of what anyone "feels".

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Too late Jerami. This is the definition according to Merriam Webster online:

1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marriage
            Awww - too bad. wink

And this is the definition that sticks in my head. 

I could be wrong??  Is this not what the arguement is all about.
              Some people want to change this definition and some do not??

A civil union with all of the legal rights as a married couple?  Would that settle the dispute???

And wouldn't this be a good thing?
              Keep cicil rights about cicil rights.
              Leave religious definitions alone?

Sometimes it is hard to focus upon what the real issues are really about.

What?

You said you go by the dictionary definition.

I point out that the dictionary definition included "same sex marriages."

You still argue.

Marriage is a government sanctioned institution. Not religious.

Gay men - in general - earn more money than straight men. When they die - their "partner" has no legal rights.

Guess where the money goes. wink

Still - what is really, really important is defending the faith - right? wink

Except for the   ...  "Still - what is really, really important is defending the faith - right?" comment you always make...  I don't understand what you are argueing about??

What did I say that you disagree with?
                    What definition do you think that we should go by.
                    You didn't make yourself clear except for the usual ...what is really, really important is defending the faith - right?"

what is really, really important is defending the faith - right?"

What is your opinin?

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

http://www.indorphyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Sisyphus.jpg

Where did you find this picture of me ?

Did my Moma give it to ya?

I never did make it to the top of the hill.

Now I'm too old to get on top of it and sit.

4. lovelypaper profile image59
      lovelypaperposted 13 years ago

It's God that has "the problem" with gays because He says it is wrong. God made a man and woman to be brought together and when you think about it, we fit perfectly. We as Christians represent Christ, thus the word "Christ-ianity". So as a Christian, speaking for myself, if God's word says it is wrong than I believe Him. God loves and cares for gays and lesbians but He won't tolerate ungodliness because he is too Holy. I personally know a few gay people which I care about and like as people but disagree with their lifestyle, because my God says it should not be so.

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So I can't understand why God bothered to make Homosexuals, just to inform them that their very essence is wrong.  What kinda crap is that?

These people don't believe that gays are created, they believe it's a deliberate choice, despite all the evidence to the contrary. They obligate themselves to believe it's a choice, or even they would realize they're condemning people for something that's inborn.

Yep, "free will" is the operative catch phrase for all the narrow-minded nonsensical hateful beliefs of some "Christians"

That is what my bible says too. 

And I'm going to let him work it out however he desides is best, when he desides to do so.

Your God is not going to make any decisions because he is imaginary, Jerami.  IT IS BELIEVERS WHO WILL HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION--A decision to stop oppressing others based on the prejudices of hateful scripture writing psychopaths.

Scary!

And if all of the worlds problems were suddenly solved;     I have a feeling that some people would still find an issue to raise. There will always be something to create division over, with or without church or state.

Which side you going to be on?

Got a ph call;  I gotta go away.

2. lovelypaper profile image59
            lovelypaperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You think "our God" is imaginary? So, you don't believe that there is a God? Are you willing to bet your soul of it? Are you willing to take that chance that God isn't real and ultimately end of in Hell because you rejected an "imaginary" God?

Tell you what, lovely, if I were a non-believer, that'd be about the worst way to convince me to become a believer.

If the guy doesn't believe in God, he's not going to be scared of Hell.

Plus, such a conversion wouldn't be based in love, it'd be based in fear. Do you really want to be an extortionist for Jesus?

How a person relates to their religion often gives you major insight into their upbringing. Those with parents that threatened the hell (excuse the pun) out of them tend to do the same as adults.

I agree that admitting you're taking Pascal's Wager isn't a good enough reason for others to do the same. There are a lot of assumptions you have to make, any of which just might not be true.

2. lovelypaper profile image59
                lovelypaperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jeff - God is not trying to scare you or force you into believing in Him, He simply wants a relationship with you because he loves you. We all are his dear children. Do you have children? God is our Heavenly Father and we, his children, so when our children disobey us or do something that is wrong, do we disown them and stop loving them? No. We stil love them and want them to have what is best for them.

What I was trying to get at was, God exists whether you believe Him or not and Hell is very real whether you believe it or not. When we are faced  with our eternal sentence - either Heaven or Hell, not pergatory, then we will not have a chance to change our minds which master to serve. It will be too late.

Am I to understand that to be "saved" I need to believe an invisible fairy made himself, them made the earth and humans which were made "evil" by another invisible fairy made by god, so god became his own son and then killed himself so that I could be forgiven for what god screwed up?

Sorry, my poor little brain can't quite grasp why anyone would buy a load of cobblers like that! lol

You have a great undertsanding of the bible.  Have you considered a career as a televangelist?

"God is not trying to scare you or force you into believing in Him..."

God's not, but you sure are.

"Hell is very real whether you believe it or not. When we are faced  with our eternal sentence - either Heaven or Hell, not pergatory, then we will not have a chance to change our minds which master to serve. It will be too late."

You better believe in God or else you'll end up in Hell, which hurts? That's a crappy reason to believe in God.

That's kinda like saying, "You better give me a cut of your business or it will burn down."

1. spiderpam profile image73
                    spiderpamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Gospel is not fire insurance, Hell is the consequence that you knowingly choose now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKtWzZ_4IQ

Yeh like the 3 day old girl that just died somewhere. Straight to hell.
                      How dare she not believe exactly the same as you do! After all, she only has about 3,000 different versions of "the word" to choose from. smile

2. Elpaso profile image61
                      Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"the good news is that the wrath of God has been paid for us,Jesus is our passover Lamb,that passes over God's wrath over us so we can cross over from death to life.None of us deserve Heaven, that is what salvation is the FREE GIFT from God that he gave out of love and mercy.God bless you."

There is no hell anymore.

"The Gospel is not fire insurance"
                      No, the Gospel is not fire insurance, but many evangelists sure do sound like insurance salesmen. Some even sound like they work for a protection racket.

Believe or else.

Love? Hardly.

2. getitrite profile image72

Since I'm not a slave to fear, your fear tactics have no affect upon me.  Yes I'm willing to laugh in your face as you assert this abject nonsense about some imaginary entity.  It is you who has a problem, not me.  I truly wish childish believers would grow up, and stop threatening me with this imaginary place called "hell" 

I laugh in your face, but I get really pissed off that you are that childish, but wish to be taken as a serious adult.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Aren't you betting your soul that your god is the wrong god? What if one of the other gods is true and your god is not, what then? smile

5. aware profile image67
      awareposted 13 years ago

don't expect everyone to  share your ideas.   or sign off on its practice

6. earnestshub profile image80

Atheist n. A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others. smile

7. Elpaso profile image61
      Elpasoposted 13 years ago

These people look like regular folk to me.  I couldn't condemn any of them. Maybe it helps to put a name and a face on someone before judging them.

http://www.nycpride.org/march.html

8. earnestshub profile image80

That is inspirational Ron, I may do that!
      My father taught us kids the truth.

He said "Remember kids, just say no to knowledge."

He woz wel edumacated was my dad!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)