Love Vs Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Andrew0208 profile image56
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

Love Vs Religion:

Can they marry? Many at times seeing the play of religion around the world today; the destruction of lives and properties! It's painful and so unworthy seeing religion ravaged humanity and the false acclaimed nature of love associated, you may wonder - Where is this showcased, outward love that has no firm root from the heart or what? Where is love in religion? Lets allow love to rule in our hearts... roll

1. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The myths and superstitions of religion don't profess love, they propagate fear and teach hatred and violence towards others.

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
      Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Almost every thing JESUS told us was about love!!!

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest that Jesus (and what he said) and religion are two very VERY different things.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

thats right I was talking about Love

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where in hell would you get a belief in jesus if not from religion? lol lol lol

I am christian got nothing to do with religion

A christian has nothing to do with religion?
                Where did you get your beliefs from, a workshop manual? lol

I beleive in the LORD JESUS ! does that make me religous?no it means I beleive in CHRIST

And that is not religious? smile You have a very strange idea of what religion is! lol

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
          Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I must agree.

3. defenestratethis profile image61
          defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with GlassSpider..

2. Hokey profile image59
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus wasn't religious. People hijacked Jesus after he died. roll

I really don't know why you post.  neutral

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Jesus would be ashamed of every religion that exists today. IMHO 

{Not of all the members of those religions, but of the organizations themselves and what they have done in 'Jesus' name.}

3. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't you post like the same exact OP a week or so ago?

4. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

love supersedes everything, has no need.
      to need is to remain sinful/conscious.
      to satisfy the need: ritual, law, death.

5. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love Vs. Religion

There cannot ever be a marriage between the two.

Love is all about TRUTH!

Religion is all about LIES!

Plain and simple.

2. dingdong profile image56
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

I think they can't marry!

Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Religion is rooted in the selfishness of men, if you look into the play of religion and it's players, you'll understand the exact motives associated. Sometimes, this is what makes atheism to always go against the formations.

God is Love, why will the supposed religious people who tend to follow God or whatever divinity play their own selfish games in the name of religion? That exactly tells the real state of religionists who tend to know and love Him(divinity) without expressing this same "love" to their fellows who are humans alike.

3. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Don't you anti-religion folks ever get tired of droning on over just one topic? It's the same one note played over and over and over. I understand you have convinced yourselves that it makes you 'intellectual' and superior to all those billions, but I would think you'd get bored at some point.

Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not an issue of anti-religion stuff. In the first place, I would like to know the essence of religion if not rooted in Love. It's high time we lay aside the weight of religion among us(any set) neutral

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Essence of religion is love, tranquility and equanimity. In general, the human kind, like other animals is selfish. True religion or spirituality teaches to be selfless and helping but we use even religions to propagate our own selfish agenda.

Religion (any) does not teach us to propagate hatred but so called religious people do. Those who propagate hatred are not truly religious. They disguise their selfish agenda under the cover of religions.

Just an opinion.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

roll  the secondary team must have been called up...lol

we started at this point when I first joined HP, read the 4 months worth of threads and then we'll talk. ( I hate re-runs)

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of the same one note played over and over and over. If you are so set against the discussion of religion and beliefs, why do you hang out so much in the religion and beliefs section? Oh yeh, so you can play your one note over and over and over....

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

" why do you hang out so much in the religion and beliefs section? "

I don't. You thought that would be a 'clever' comment but you didn't bother to see if it was accurate. Good job.

4. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Anything that takes over mind and becomes extreme turns into religion. That applies to love as well. I don't want to sound nihilistic but love can be a religion if we dissect it.

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Ah! Time to show where all the love and tolerance comes from!

Kill Your Neighbors

(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."  (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

The bible is the source of this "tolerance and love!"
    lol lol lol

that was because after breaking them from egypts hand and showing them all sorts of signs there hearts was still in egypt,making idols to worship,after all that GOD did for them

Oh well that explains it then! smile and of cause you would see nothing strange in an omnipotent god who has to kill those who don't believe in it! lol lol lol
        Even most religionists are not quite that neurotic! lol

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I remember when I was a kid..  went out side first thing in the morning and could feel the heat from the sun hitting me on the head. Even if I had been blind and never read a book about what it was, I woulda known it was there. Wouldn't have known what to call it though, without someone telling me what to call it.... don't matter what it looks like since I wouldn't be able to see it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)