jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)

Structured Religion and Women

1. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Structured religion has created huge DNA (genetic memory) wounds to the entire human race. In addition these establishments have defiled women’s femininity. Women have been portrayed by religions as sinful and temptresses. Religion taught men to distrust females and keep them controlled and subservient. Over the ages women have had moral and civil rights stripped from them, been persecuted,     ed and severely    ually abused. The violation to women through the     ures and over the course of time has been horrific. There are     ures where these atrocities still take place.

Through this conditioning, men have traditionally lost a great deal of respect for females, learned to disconnect from them, mentally alienated them as a result of being ‘over-emotional’, and objectified them    ually, rather than connect to the intimate warmth and love of their souls – which is what they, from the time they are children, have always sought. Men want love just as much as women do.

1. goldenpath profile image73
      goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In many cases this is true.  Boy, I'm glad I don't have that problem.  I'll always hold true to the fact that my wife is the better half of me. smile

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good answer!!  lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image66
      Pandoras Boxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is it just me, or are there alot of half words in your post? I've noticed that with your posts before, Hokey. Why does it do that?

1. Hokey profile image61

I am using a friends computer and there is a filter on it. It won't let certain words. Kind of silly. It's an evil Christian filter.!!  lol

3. Sally's Trove profile image85
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Structured religion has had no impact on DNA, unless one succumbs to the delusion that structured religion can cause DNA mutations. Perhaps by ingestion of holy water? What you are talking about is cultural and sociological conditioning, resulting in a mindset passed on from one generation to another. (I do see your tongue in cheek here.)

Where did it begin that women occupy the lower rung to men?

Jung, Nietzsche, Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates had something to say about this, the core of which is that man, in his inability to perform the basest and also most profound act of creation--giving birth to a human child--subjugates his creative urges into other forms of expression such as art, poetry, music, architecture, politics, and warfare. All of these are strivings for pure creativity, which he cannot attain because he can't give birth. A kind of making up for hopelessness.

Yes, "...men have traditionally lost a great deal of respect for females, learned to disconnect from them, mentally alienated them ... and objectified them..."  The tradition goes back to the formation of the human ego, too far back to trace, and certainly too far back to be associated with structured religion. Men have done the best they could, absent the ability to give birth.

This is a great topic, maybe better showcased under Politics & Social Issues or Knowledge & Education.

2. kess profile image60
    kessposted 7 years ago

All things are the way they are for the purpose of teaching those who will attain eternal life.

So if one must critersize how religion view the role of women, he must first know the things that these images were meant to teach.

Otherwise you would merely be an addition to the confusion instead helping in it's remission.

Also to add there is a false religion and there is a true religion.
    But how many do know this?

1. Hokey profile image61

So what's the true religion?

1. Rafini profile image86
        Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats what i wanna know!!!!

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

There's no true Religion.

1. Jerami profile image74
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When lt is said and done you have the correct answer.
        You win the grand prize. Your answer... There is no true "Religion" is the correct answer!!!!  to see what you have won stay tuned until after the station break...   We will br right back........................

4. profile image0
    getmybackposted 7 years ago

Sorry to bud in but I have to agree with Tantrum

Hello by the way

1. Hokey profile image61

I totally agree. I want to see kess's answer. Hello to you.

5. blondepoet profile image76
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Good morning everyone!!! Any-one for pancakes??

http://mckinleyplayground.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/pancake2.jpg

Oh that's right it is probably no-one elses brekky time. Darn I was going to see who wanted to cook!!!

1. Hokey profile image61

I would cook for you!  tongue

1. blondepoet profile image76
        blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

500 points instantly. smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Are there frequent flyer points?  yikes

1. blondepoet profile image76
            blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes Hokey you are to 3521 points so far. smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Very nice! cool

6. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Hokey this is a very insightful look into the oppression of women over the ages. I beleive the word to look for here is Legalism. I beleive it is legalism that has destroyed women. Legalism used through religion to put women in a box as somehow subserviant.

1. Sally's Trove profile image85
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And what is the root of "legalism"? Where did that belief come from? What is its cause?

1. donotfear profile image90
        donotfearposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Legalism comes from mankind. Humans.

7. kess profile image60
    kessposted 7 years ago

When one knows Truth and understand Life, then that one knows the true religion for he has become part of it.

To say there is "no true religion" is merely an expression of blindness of the two.

working