jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Politics, Sex and Religion

1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

These 3 subjects seem to dominate forum participant interests.
    Why is that?
    Do you disagree? Why?
    Which of the 3 is your favorite to respond to?...or not?...and why?

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

cuz its the  most fun  wink

2. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like sex, but who doesn't so I respond to those. Politics, well, that always makes for a good discussion, so I like those posts too. Religion, well, for me that's personal and as unique as every individual, it's based on belief, on faith, concepts that logic may or may not play a part in. I usually don't partake in those discussions. You either do or don't believe so what's to discuss?

2. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

I've notice this in the short time I've been here. Curious to see the answers.

3. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

They are the three things most likely to inspire both passion and controversy in the majority of people, so that is probably why people like to read and write about them.

4. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Well sex is a base instinctual desire and it feels very nice, thank you very much!

Politics gets the adrenalin going - testostrogen is an outlet for other environmental issues (meaning home, work, play etc).  That is why some people like to follow sports - tribal instincts etc.

Religion - well that touches on core belief systems.  To critise a core belief leads to deconstructing indentity.  If the identity gets rocked people get defensive and feel the need to attack.  People like to find meaning to their lives, if this is challenged then it causes chaotic and unreasonable behaviour.  They are threatened.

Does this makes sense?  Essentially, this is about human behaviour and how we are made really.

1. donotfear profile image90
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good description.

5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

The first 2 involve getting screwed in some way or another, while the last prevents you from screwing back whomever you want in return

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LMFAO!  Well done... this is such a good additional! lol

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Nice answer Shaz! smile