jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Is the Pope now involved in hiding child abuse?

1. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

According to an Australian Lateline news show, a show of good standing, the Pope may be involved directly in hiding knowledge of child abuse!
    Is this in any other news? What will it mean to the catholic church?

Are some going to make a connection between religions and sexual perversity?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

Do wombats crap in the woods?

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I know they used to, but I haven't checked since the news about the Pope broke it's water. smile

3. earnestshub profile image88
  4. wyanjen profile image89
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Yes Earnest, I read a story in Time Magazine this week (March 29 issue)

A photo is captioned "Trespassers among us"

I've read this magazine every week for 15 years. I trust it completely. I can't say that I have ever read an article from this mag that turned out to be hype or poor reporting.

What stuck in my mind - I posted it in another forum - is the movement to abolish the celibacy rule. The Poper refuses, he doesn't seem to think there is any kind of problem.

I posted this over there too, this is one hell of a good song:

5. blue dog profile image81
    blue dogposted 6 years ago

abolishing the "celibacy rule" does not and will not stop predators from being child molesters.

6. earnestshub profile image88

Maybe this pope is finished?
    The trouble is the next one is likely to be the same.
    Celibacy attracts em like flies, and someone should be asking why.

7. wyanjen profile image89

I can't find this article on-line, but here is a related one from earlier in the month:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ … 53,00.html

8. blue dog profile image81
    blue dogposted 6 years ago

you've just got to love the word of god.

9. wyanjen profile image89

Sorry to be flooding you with links, but I did finally find the March 29 article:
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic … 13,00.html

You are correct blue dog, a pedophile is a predator, whether "celibate" or not.
    Abolishing the rule will not stop the abuse.

There is a shortage of priests every where you look; if you allow married men to be priests instead of excluding them you would not be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find somebody to lead your church.
    That is one theory smile

I read awhile back that the whole celibacy concept was originally set in order to protect church property. It can't go to the descendants if there are no descendants.

10. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And, what causes pedophilia? What makes a pedophile what they are? How is that there is no real treatment for these people?

It is considered a disease, based on the inability to control their sexual urges or desires.

What makes religions such a sweet spot is that they go in believing that in the second doctrine- to oppress all desires, without an explanation. Just to simply keep hidden the desire.

By staying true to their faith in religion, then one would not have the desires, providing the person sticks to the doctrine every day of their life.

In the end, the oppression of their desires becomes their undoing. Simply because they get to a point where they cannot associate real from fantasy, because their mind/will becomes a problem.

This is one reason for the dismissal of religion's god concept, because the effects of doctrine #2 isn't healthy and is actually anti-life.

This is my basis for tying pedophiles with priests. Their intention in the beginning was good, but because religion's doctrines are false, these people lose control.

Again, I am not condoning the acts of predator sex offenders nor am I dismissing their victims. I am only pointing out how religion isn't healthy for people.

As for the pope being involved? And someone is going to be shocked by it. hmm

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I just wonder what else is hiding under that robe.

1. wyanjen profile image89
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't speak for the robe, but I am working on an exposé titled
      "Fifth of Jack in a Pope Hat"

12. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

working