jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Something to remember

1. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone. Costa Rica has been good- hope everyone is doing well.

I want to remind you that Easter is by all standards a pagan day that should not be celebrated by Christians. Search in your hearts to seek Gods will so that traditions of "man" (pagan worship) does not enter your home. It may seem harmless and fun for the kids, but is it about Jesus and does it honor God?

My prayers are with you all. God Bless- Sooner.

2. DevLin profile image59
    DevLinposted 6 years ago

So, celebrating the resurection is paegan? Maybe the Easter bunny angle, but not the reason behind the day.

1. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

celebrating the resurection is not pagan, but easter is. Its safe to say that no child on my street back home will be thinking about Jesus or what the resurection stands for. I'll go a little deeper to say that most parents don't know the full meaning of the resurection or the things Jesus said before and after his death.

1. DevLin profile image59
        DevLinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just got back from reading up on Easter bunny. Pre-Christian Germany. Brought to the states in the 1700's. Marks the fertility of the earth in spring. Orthodox church dyed their eggs red, to represent the blood of Jesus. I now have a brain cramp, adding that to the rest of mu useless information.

3. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 6 years ago

yeah, I have a trove of useless information between my ears. Anyways, I appreciate your interest in the subject. Sooner.

working