jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Athiest, Christians, Believers and Non - Belivers - Here It Is

1. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 6 years ago

One of my favorite quotes Of All Time:

"Goodness is to Evil like Building is to Destroying, and the first is much more demanding than the second; good and evil are in the hands of the powerful , but those who do good are greater, even if they don't often get noticed and work in the shadows. Remember that humanity advances on their shoulders."

what da ya think ?  True or Not so True

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

3. starme77 profile image84

I Think So Too smile

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I can identify with it's overall meaning. Hence, I can discern truth from it.

But then again, I could also take the view point that the powerful of good, if given absolute power, would still be corruptible. Thus, individual rights and freedoms must remain guarded.

The powerful good people who work in those shadows, believe it or not, are doing the most dangerous work of all those who do work.

The powerful evil, selfish and corruptible, seek full and complete domination or rule over others. There are plenty of good people to combat the evil, and usually good wins out.

Just my thoughts. smile

1. 0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If good is completely good, it canno tbe corrupted. If good is corrupted then it wasn't completely good to begin with.

All men are corrutpible. This means no man is completely good.

5. starme77 profile image84

Nice View Cagsil , yeah I like that smile Thats why Humanity advances through good