Arabic is the Mother of all Languages not Hebrew?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (101 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

Arabic is the Mother of all Languages not Hebrew? This is my understanding; my own mother language is Punjabi, however.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was under the impression that most modern languages derive from Latin.

Anyway, it just seems like another way for people to say, "I'm better than you are," which is honestly quite sad.

1. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I was under the impression that most modern languages derive from Latin."

No, no...

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Pani Midnyte Odin

There is nothing wrong with your thinking; it was a positive thinking not the skeptic one.

How did you have the impression about Latin; a great language though? Please elaborate.

Thanks

1. profile image0

The reason I was under the impression that modern languages derived from Latin is because when I look word/name origins up in the dictionary, they usually say that the word derived from Latin originally.

The word love, for example, derived from the Old English word lufu, which derived from the Old Frisian word luve, which derived from the Old High German word luba, which derived from the Gothic word lubo, which derived from the Scandinavian word lof. The Indo-European root stems from the Latin word lubet (it is pleasing) and the Latin word lubido (desire).

Etymology dictionaries have similar explanations for most words.

That is my reasoning for believing most modern languages stemmed from Latin. However, I never claim to be 100% correct in anything.

You've got it backwards. Indo-European far predates Latin.

Latinate languages that still exist are basically your Romance languages and Romanian (which isn't always so listed). English and German, for example, derive from the Old Germanic language group and do not stem from Latin (although a great deal of Latin influence came into English via French - the Norman Conquest and all that)

1. profile image0

Well, thanks for making me feel incredibly stupid smile

I like people to feel like me.

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, it was Aramaic and Hebrew is a part of that language.
      Arabic came from Aramaic.

Aramaic was the common language spoken in Israel.
      It's the language of the Talmud.

1. Jamil Oussama profile image60
        Jamil Oussamaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

@ Deborah Sexton// you are wrong. Arabic is the mother language of Aramic and hebrew.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol  You replied to someone who is long gone from here.  lol

it doesn't matter, the most important is the answer itself

3. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about Sanskrit?

1. profile image51

Hi friend SunSeven

I think Sanskrit is traced to Arabic; but it in not available online.

Thanks

1. SunSeven profile image63

Why so? Any offline resources to prove it?

4. cjhunsinger profile image59
      cjhunsingerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is blatantly false. Western languages are all traceable to the indian cultures. The rest are African rooted this would include Arabic. Hebrew is a late bloomer out of Africa, as well.

5. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Proto-Semitic is the mother of both Arabic and Hebrew. As for the mother of all languages, it has not been discovered yet. Nor are all linguists agreed that all languages have a common source.

Ok, just to reiterate: There is no such thing as a Mother of All Languages. The very notion is simplistic nonsense.

1. Aya Katz profile image83
          Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whether language evolved once and then split, or arose independently on more than one occasion, is an open question. It has not been proven one way or the other.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Aya Katz

Please access the following link and give your learned comments if any:

http://www.alislam.org/topics/arabic/

Thanks

2. Sab Oh profile image57

"Whether language evolved once and then split, or arose independently on more than one occasion, is an open question. It has not been proven one way or the other."

No, it is not a serious question at all. You don't need to be a linguist, you just need to think for two seconds and use some common sense to see that it is nonsense.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Sab Oh

Please elaborate.

Thanks

@paarsurrey// there is no Ahmadi and Muslim in the same time, you have to choose.

1. profile image51
                  paarsurreyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Muhammad and Ahmad, both are the names of a single individual of the truthful prophet/messenger of G-d. So an Ahmadi is a truthful believer of Islam/Quran/Muhammad. Please
                  Regards

2. profile image51

Hi friend Sab Oh

Please give your arguments.

Thanks

2. profile image51

Hi friend Aya Katz

And their arguments, please

Thanks

6. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Paar what about Basque. This is a really wierd language and nobody appears to know where it came from. Not Arabic that's for sure.

A Quote from Wikipedia:
      Basque is classified as a language isolate. It is the last remaining pre-Indo-European language in Western Europe. Consequently, its prehistory may not be reconstructible by means of the comparative method except by applying it to differences between dialects within the language. Little is known of its origins but it is likely that an early form of the Basque language was present in Western Europe before the arrival of the Indo-European languages to the area.

2. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Why would you think that either are? No doubt because they are both associated with religions and you are a religious nutter.

I think linguists talk about a lost language called something like Proto-indo-somethingorother as the most likely candidate for 'mother of all languages', if there even is one. In any case it's definitely not either Arabic or Hebrew as there are other known languages which date back much further.

1. profile image51

Hi friend kephrira

Could you please provide some link for that?

Thanks

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Proto-Indo-European language (PIE) is the unattested, reconstructed common ancestor of the Indo-European languages, spoken by the Proto-Indo-Europeans."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo … n_language

1. profile image52
        slagposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a website with scholarly information about Proto-Indo-European religion at

no code
        http://pierce.yolasite.com/pierintro

code
        <A HREF="http://pierce.yolasite.com/pierintro"> pierce.yolasite.com</A>

in case that doesn't work
        pierce dot yolasite dot com slash pierintro

Although I don't study it, there is also a Proto language that is reconstructed for the Semitic languages called... Proto-Semitic.  It is the ancestor of Hebrew, Arabic, Akkadian, Babylonian, Syriac, Aramaic, Assyrian and arguably Egyption (that is ancient, Pharonic Egyptian).  Some languages of north eastern Africa are included also, such as Amharic and Ethiopian.  Some speakers of some of these languages reject this sort of linguistic scientific analysis for religious reasons.

Slag

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

lollollollollollollollollollollol

1. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

It seems you have a different point of view; please feel free to express yourself fully. We are here to discuss and find the truth.

Thanks

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you really want the truth? Let's find out.

The whole earth was of one language at one time. You have to remember that God is no respector of people. He does not give to one above the other.

When God confused the language of men, why would He give the original language to one certain people? If He did that, He then respected someone above others. But as stated above, it is not in His nature to do such a thing. God would keep the original language and not give it to anyone.

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

someone is paying attention. well done SD.

2. profile image0

OK then.

3. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

Please quote from Jesus or any person of the Trinity in this connection. The Claim and reason should come from the Scripture one believes in or if one admits that one does not have it then from a scientific/linguistic study in this connection.

Please if you agree with me; or if you don't agree with me any rational reason.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

1. profile image0

Gen 11:1  And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Act 10:34  Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

1. profile image0

You stated before that, in essence, God would not give his language to just one group because God is not a respecter of persons.
              In another you asked me how Yahshua earned his position and indicated we can't earn a position with God.

Yet in other threads you say you believe in hell as a place of torment that GOD will SEND us to, if we are not saved.
              On another thread a long time ago, you, in essence, stated you have to be saved....

So, which one is your true belief...since these two contradict?

1. profile image0

How do you see them as contradictory?

1. profile image0

Take a look and think about it..
                  It's important for us to know ourselves.. smile

1. profile image0

OK, God built a house. This house is big enough for everyone. Some go in but others do not. God will not force them in nor will he force anyone out.

If someone ends up in hell, it is because of the choice they made for their own self. Nothing to do with what God wants to do or not.

4. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

actually, Aramaic not Arabic -is one of the original languages, pre-dating the flood AND HEBREW language, which changed many times pre & post Babylon -glyph (pictorial) and script.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Twenty One Days

Sorry I could not get fully what you said. Is it Aramaic or Hebrew which of the two you consider is the Mother? Why it cannot be Arabic? Why it cannot be Sanskrit? Please give your reason and arguments and links if any.

What is your opinion about the following?

Classical Sanskrit is the standard register as laid out in the grammar of Pāṇini, around the 4th century BCE. Its position in the cultures of South and Southeast Asia is akin to that of Latin and Greek in Europe and it has significantly influenced most modern languages of the Indian subcontinent, particularly in India and Nepal.[4]

The pre-Classical form of Sanskrit is known as Vedic Sanskrit, with the language of the Rigveda being the oldest and most archaic stage preserved, its oldest core dating back to as early as 1500 BCE.[5] This qualifies Rigvedic Sanskrit as one of the oldest attestations of any Indo-Iranian language, and one of the earliest attested members of the Indo-European language family, the family which includes English and most European languages.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanskrit

Everybody is welcome to discuss.

Thanks

1. profile image0

one of the oldest, not the oldest.

Remember, Abram spoke Aramaic. The title Hebrew is an adjective from Aramaic meaning 'those people who crossed over the river', not an actual language, until much later. The spoken language of Ninevah was a cross between what some call Sanskrit and Aramaic.

After the Flood and then Babel incidents, languages took shape as individual cultural identities resulting in myth, ritual practice, education, social order, numerals, economics, etc etc.

Even still, pictorial language is much older.

1. profile image51

Hi friend  Twenty One Days

What is this pictorial language? Please

That could be for writing not for speaking, in my opinion.

Thanks

1. profile image51

Hi friends

One may like to read a book "Minan-ur-Rahman" on the topic of ,Arabic is the mother of all languages, by Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (AS) :

http://www.alislam.org/topics/arabic/Ar … guages.pdf

Thanks

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, vedic aryans are related to the early semites. Brahmins are Abrahamins, the sons of Abraham. The Aryans...or Ayrans may have been Semetic as well, Hebrews or Ibrit or abrit. The cow worship that emerged from the Vedic Aryans is related to the Jewish OX head, yes? It is the Alef, the Alpha. Hence the controversial golden calf.

The Islamic people are said to have been descended from Esau, is it not so? that is the belief, it may have some historical basis. It may be that the answer is both and neither. Because the original tongue may have been something earlier than Arabic and Hebrew. So to say that Arabic is ahead and Hebrew is ahead is like arguing about which twin came out of the womb first.

Is that cool Mr. Ahmadi, the peaceful Muslim who wants to be assert his historical superiority over the peaceful Jew. You are brothers in tongue, history and most likely DNA.

I am a peaceful Filipino Catholic with a Jewish maternal name and an Islamic Father whose mother is part Hindu.  Four great religions course through my veins and in me they unite and harmonize as one.

1. profile image51

Hi friend ceciliabeltran

How do you walk man; with four religions in your bosom? Don't you get any pain; in the heart or in the brain?

Maybe I was looking out for a man like you; to unite the world on peace and truth. A humble ambition within a humble soul; after all it is sometimes that an individual starts a thing in the name of the Creator; and he becomes a world into himself.

They say in Urdu; 1+1  is equal (in strenght) to 11; it is not in Mathematics; it is in encouragement.

I love Jesus, Moses, Krishna and Muhammad; all princes of peace

Thanks

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64

No pain at all. smile There are no contradictions when you get to the essence. All you see is a harmony of truths that blesses your life with compassion towards others as well as yourself. You become spiritual rather than religious, and all temples and churches welcome your presence and in all of them you find Gd.

2. profile image51

Hi friend ceciliabeltran

Please elaborate further for us.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64

I recommend Aryans, Jews, Brahmins Theorizing Authority through myths of identity by dorothy m. figuira.

The author would be a better source of explanation that me.

5. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

It would be unwise to call some language as the mother of all other language. In ancient time people used to live in scattered way in small tribes. They didn’t have the communication tools for inter-tribe or inter-region communication.
    Also there might be a lot of tribes who failed to survive along with their languages! Many languages have been developed simultaneously and independently, some of those are still surviving and some are not.
    The similarity among different languages which might gave birth of this ‘mother language’ theory might be due to the influences of inter-region communication and adaptability features persist in  different languages.

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

hmmm, and here I was believing Scot Gaelic was.

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Its eubonics and now we've regressed to where we started!big_smile

1. profile image0

lol

unga bunga?

8. perfumer profile image62
    perfumerposted 14 years ago

I am not sure which language is the mother of all languages but I know who is the mother of English and also who is the grandmother of English...

Mother of English is German and Grandmother is Sanskrit.

9. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

yea arabic is the mother of all languages, a single word have 1000 synonyms, (صفه) متعطش, تواق, ظاميء‏ ) find it u will get info

1. profile image0

Nope..Aramaic..Arabic came from Aramaic.
      In actuality though..language goes so far back in prehistory no one really knows. Aramaic was the first to write down their language.

Before the Aramaic alphabet people wrote in pictures.

1. profile image51

"Aramaic was the first to write down their language."

Hi friend Deborah Sexton

I agree with you to the extent that the Arabs were nomads and in ancient times they had to shift from one place to another place due to terrain and desert; they thought it not to be noble to learn writing. So Arabic might not have been first to write. And also because a word on sand is just like a word on the water; and Arabia was all sand.

Thanks

1. profile image0

In everything I have studied, the Aramaic language was used by the Hebrews. Even the scriptures were written in Aramaic/Hebrew and it was the Hebrews daily language. Then Arabic was derived from Aramaic. Spoken by the Hebrews and written by the Hebrews. The Aramaic alphabet was then adopted by the Arabs.

Some people think that Arabic and Aramaic has always been the same.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Deborah Sexton

That is why Arabic,Aramaic and Hebrew are called sister of one another; I understand.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908) was born in a remote village Qadian,Gurdaspur, India. He did not have any formal schooling; he never studied in any college or University and he never travelled much; though he read some preliminary books from private tutors. His language was Punjabi and Urdu. The Creator-God Allah YHWH taught him 40,000 roots of Arabic words in one night; you can understand what roots mean; one root has many a word in Arabic.He wrote many books in Arabic.

One of his marvellous books is "Minan-ur-Rahman"Arabic - the mother of all languages , which I mentioned in one of my posts here, the original book is in Arabic , and its translation is also available:

In this book he had given the principles under which it is possible to trace other languages to Arabic. One of his followers Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar who, I understand was awarded a PHD degree late, has written articles and books and traced about 22 languages to Arabic; some have been made available online like:
            •Minan-ur-Rahman [8MB pdf] - Arabic - the mother of all languages - by The Promised Messiah a.s.
            •The Source of All Languages [22MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            French, German, Spanish, Latin, Greek, Russian, Persian, Aryan, Hindi, Chinese traced to Arabic
            •Dutch and Swedish Traced to Arabic [4MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Egyptian Traced to Arabic [3MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •English Traced to Arabic [26MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Hausa Traced to Arabic [8MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Italian Traced to Arabic [4MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Japanese Traced to Arabic [5MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Sanskrit Traced to Arabic [18MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Sumerian, Akkadian, Bantu Traced to Arabic [2MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar
            •Yoruba Traced to Arabic [7MB pdf] - by Muhammad Ahmad Mazhar

He has elaborated on the principles set by the Promised Messiah 1835-1908

One may like to access the books; and then discuss here.

Thanks

10. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 14 years ago

interesting...single language getting into so many languages...well who knows which is mother and which is not..i am fine with current languages though..

guess this might help : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_linguistics

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

We are discussing Evolution if you are a man of Science;how man evolved to his speaking faculties; without a language man would have just been another animal? So it is an important phase in man's evolving life.

If you are not a man of Science and you are a man believing in Word; so the word is very important as the Christians make Word a god; and words tell us human history like an archaelogical site would tell us.

Words also tell us about the moral and spiritual progress or degradation of a society.

Please look into and English dictionary, which is not my mother tongue; see the word "nut" and all its derivatives and the meaning of the words with the prepositions. You would see a new world being revealed unto you; how humans moved about and what they used to do and what they do now.

Word and language is very important; you would agree.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran

Thanks

11. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

There is obviously no such thing as a 'mother of all languages'

12. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Yup.
    Unless @Sirdent comes up with god theory.

13. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

I wonder if our friend paar, AKA Usmanli according to some here, has simply missed my previous post to this thread.

1. profile image51

Hi friend SirDent

Yes I know Usman and Ali from the history:

Usman ibn ‘Affān or ‘Uthmān ibn ‘Affān  (c. 579 - July 17, 656) was one of the sahaba (companions of Islamic prophet Muhammad). An early convert to Islam, he played a major role in early Islamic history, most notably as the third Caliph of the Rashidun Empire, prophet's son-in-law and the compilation of the Qur'an.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uthman_ibn_Affan

Alī ibn Abī Ṭālib (Arabic: Transliteration: ʿAlī ibn Abī Ṭālib, [ʕaliː ibn ʔæbiː t̪ˤɑːlib]; 13th Rajab, 24 BH–21st Ramaḍān, 40 AH; approximately October 23, 598 or 600[2] or March 17, 599 – January 27, 661[4]) was the cousin and son-in-law of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and ruled over the Islamic Caliphate from 656 to 661. Sunni Muslims consider Ali the fourth and final of the Rashidun (rightly guided Caliphs), while Shi'a Muslims regard Ali as the first Imam and consider him and his descendants the rightful successors to Muhammad, all of which are members of the Ahl al-Bayt, the household of Muhammad. This disagreement split the Muslim community into the Sunni and Shi'a branches.[1]
      Most records do indicate that during Muhammad's time, Ali was the only person born in the Kaaba sanctuary in Mecca, the holiest place in Islam.[5] Although, from the point of view of Sunni Muslims, this on its own does not give him special religious significance. His father was Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Muttalib and his mother was Fatima bint Asad[1] but he was raised in the household of Muhammad, who himself was raised by Abu Talib, Muhammad's uncle. When Muhammad reported receiving a divine revelation, Ali was among the first to accept his message, dedicating his life to the cause of Islam.[
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali

As for the combined name Usmanali; I don't know anybody. It is not my name and it has never been.

I have since replied your post; just before this one.

Thanks

14. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Peaceful muslim? Thats not possible.

1. profile image0

See.. you wondered why I ignored you in one of your posts to me.
      The reason I did, is because you are always writing me short notes stating: "Deborah, you're strange"
      "Deborah, you're a weirdo" etc, etc.
      Now you actually say this to another Hubber. (Who is a Human Being I might add)

The belief system of Muslim is found in many countries not just those which are terrorists. There are many peaceful Muslims.
      I work with one from India. Stereotyping people is unfair.
      I've never seen a post by you that gives information or something to help someone. Why not?

2. profile image51

Hi friend sneakorocksolid

What is not possible? Please express yourself fully.

Thanks

15. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Where is our friend Deborah Sexton? Not seen for many days.

1. profile image0

I am here. I spent two days taking my Clinicals.

However, I will not be participating in these types of threads any longer.
      After observing the forums on another website, I decided to write for that site and this is what I have been doing.
      This is the first forum where people show so much hate.

On the other site, you don't have to sign up for anything, they share their revenue with their writers. This way, the writers do not have get approved for Adsense.

As soon as I am established there, I will be leaving Hubpages.

All the best to you. But Adsense is still the best. smile
        Best Regards

1. profile image0

Thank you. The best to you.
          The other website has Adsense. They share their revenue with the writers. They have about 7 different programs including Yahoo PPC ads and the revenue is shared with us.

Very well. I hope they are as transparent and supportive as HP. Good Luck. smile

2. profile image51

Hi friend Deborah Sexton

Thanks for responding.

What is the name of the site you have shifted to?

Till now I get not a penny from anywhere for writing.

Regards

3. profile image0
        Audreveaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad  no! 

Well let me know where you're headed b/c I was enjoying reading your work.

NB - are you really going to driven out by the ferals? Maybe you'll come back after a break?

1. profile image0

Audreven.
          I appreciate you for supporting my hubs.
          I will email you and let you know where I have gone.
          I really like the other place.

I've been on these forums for five months now and have had many situations going on. But this last one was unforgivable.

Only one person spoke out for me. The other ones, although they knew what was happening..they didn't tell the other person/people to stop with their attacks, It was me they commented to and the comments weren't nice.  I didn't need them to support me but I also didn't need their comments. One person told me, they didn't know what was going on and didn't want to know. But then told me how wrong I was.

I knew at that time that I wanted to leave.

I am happy with my decision.

I am letting about 4-5 people know where I will be.

1. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Friend Deborah Sexton and crmhaske are not see here for quite some days. How do they do?

Thanks

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

Arabic is not the first language as far as what I have studied.
    the first language could be Archaic Sumerian (starting about 3100 B.C.) they have found inscriptions which are housed in various museums, one famous one being the Louvre.

Sumerian was spoken by those living in Sumeria (Epic of Gilgamesh) which Sumer is thought to be in present day Iraq.

I used to study this stuff many years ago. I think it's fascinating topic.

http://www.ancientscripts.com/sumerian.html

1. profile image51

Hi friend rebekahELLE

Thanks for appreciating the topic.

We are not talking of the sopken lanugage which is a later stage; we are talking of the spoken language.

It would be pre-pre-pre-historic.

Thanks

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wat a sopken lanugage?

Usmanali. Muslimist.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First spoken language?  I know, I know.  Oo Oo Ah, ah. lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Oh no - Usmanali differentiates the two.

2. profile image51

Hi friend sandra rinck

One first learns the spoken language from one' mother; and at a later stage starts learning readin and writing. It is very natural.

Thanks

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, not sure what you refer to.
        it certainly would not be Arabic.

1. profile image51

Hi friend rebekahELLE

And your arguments please

Thanks

17. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

is not .

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

"the mother of all languages" Who gives a rats, and how is this related to anything other than filling the forums with more crap?

1. mevsmyself profile image61
      mevsmyselfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the follow mevsmyself. I appreciate it.

19. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 13 years ago

Sanskrit is known as the Mother Tongue, not that it matters, there are zillions of much more important things going on in the world than worrying over the first language.

20. It's just me profile image60
    It's just meposted 13 years ago

How is it related to any of the Native American languges?

21. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Just another Muslim trying to claim the greatness of something else supposedly Arabic or Islamic in origin. Man they are funny.

If Arabs claim lineage from Ishma'el and he was born from Abraham, a Jew, then how do you get Arabic language came first?

And they do indeed claim lineage from Ishma'el, a claim proven false by genetic testing of arabs and others thorugh-out the world.

You need the people before you can have the language...

Try another one Paas...

22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would call whatever caveman talked with as the first and primary language in it's most primitive form. Personally, I would call it "jibberish", but would think that would be the oldest form of talk in existence.

Then again, not sure it even qualified as a language, but it was a form of communication. wink

23. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

The oldest language is too complicated for even the most adept of translators, but it contains major sentences/sounds like

kitchy kitchy coo

peekaboo

want your bah bah?

Oh please stop cwying now; Mummy will change that nasty ol' diaper

etc.

Each parent just automatically starts speaking that language and teachin' it to their kids soon after they're born.

1. lilidep2 profile image60
      lilidep2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are many different languajes on this world,i think is wrong and egocentric to think any arabic or hebrew is "the mother of all languages", another side of the unsane fight for ruling this world.

24. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

What language did the ancient Sumerian people write and read in? Since they are the oldest known civilization, according to Modern day archaeologists, wouldn't their language be the oldest?  However, since the recent discovery of ancient underwater ruins, in which they have dated the one off the coast of Japan to be over 100,000 years old, might be in the running for this accreditation by you.  There is on one side of this ancient ruin, a block wall that bears some writing.  Two letters to be exact.  What it says nobody knows, but its writing of some sort and it is there. Wouldn't that be the oldest known language?  So technically neither Arabic, nor Hebrew are the oldest by several thousand years.

History, learn it.  It is a beautiful thing.wink

25. inversicolor profile image60
    inversicolorposted 13 years ago

Sumerian people spoke and wrote Sumerian. They wrote in cuneiform, but so did Akkadians, Babylonians, etc. This is a little like English speakers using the same alphabet as speakers of Italian. Sumerian was not related to any of the other languages around at that time.

Ancient Egyptian is another "oldest language".It is supposed to be in the Afro-Asiatic family. (English is Indo-European)

I'm not sure where Harappan and Linear A fit in. Both are ancient and undecipherable at this point.

Aramaic is a precursor to both Hebrew and Arabic, I am not sure what it derives from.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)