Art & The Ism

1. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

This should be a fun and headed discussion, no doubt.

It has always been an interesting expression, art, in its varying forms. Despite some positions, most art is generally seen as a spiritual thing, be it iconic, romantic, renaissance, etc.

I am curious to know the theistic, atheistic and scientific view of art. Do you, in your respective beliefs appreciate art and why? What art forms are you drawn to by your position and your overall sense of what artistic expression has on all three positions.

1. alternate poet profile image78
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a take on art - we cannot talk about the unknown because the words for it are not made yet (and vice versa) good art talks about the unknown and when we 'get it' we have caught up with it.

Religion, financial speculators and fortune tellers are all about the same unknown and so share something in common with art.  I see it as the walls of our personal universe made up of symbols and signs that are our own personal meanings - art is in that wall where we can see the shapes and colours but not the meaning.

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

From a religous individual I think art is a divine gift given to all.  All have the essence to express their individuality through various art forms.  Whether it be nurtured in this life or in the world of spirits it matters not.  We all have them.  I believe we can reverence God as our intelligent designer for adjusting our DNA and genetic code to allow the expansion of our cranium thus fostering increased learning and creativity.