jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Morning After Pill & Abortion

1. 0
    crmhaskeposted 6 years ago

I have a question for the Pro-Life group.

What is your opinion on the morning after pill - a pill a girl can take within 24 hours after unprotected sex or after an accident like the condom breaking during sex, which helps prevent against unwanted pregnancy.  It has the same rate of effectiveness as the birth control pill.  Do you few this as a form of abortion?

1. 0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not sure how I feel on this. On one hand it is like an abortion in a way. On the other hand, how can a woman know she is pregnant the day after?

It is different than having an abortion when you know you are pregnant.

2. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

read this fantastic article just published.  I believe the answer is clear

thank you

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

One misconception about the morning after pill is that it is abortive - it isn't. It prevents implantation of a fertilized egg if used soon enough. If the egg has already implanted the morning after pill has no effect and the pregnancy will continue normally.

1. Aya Katz profile image89
      Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Susana, many people consider an embryo in vitro to be a person. In such a case, preventing implanatation is tantamount to killing, when the embryo has no place else to go.

4. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

This came to mind while reading these posts.
    Lets say I was a south Affrican pregnant woman where 9 out of 10 new borns starve to death before their second birthday.
       Would it be a sin for me to deprive my unborn the opportunity to suffer before its inevediable death? 

Just a thought.