jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

1. 0
    stephane86posted 6 years ago

The End Times is a favorite topic of mine; particularly, because most Christians today do not take it seriously enough. I am curious as to what most posters here believe. Is Christ's Return still an aspiration of yours? Are there "signs" today of eschatological significance and how are these related to the Book of Revelation?

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The signs are pretty straightforward. Nothing is happening.

2. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I take it seriously...  however I am not sure exactly what "The End of Time" might be understood to represent.

And concerning "The Second coming" of Christ ???

Most Christians read about the disciples talking about it being an event that they say is in their future.   
        Many Christians understand that this is described in the 9th chapter of Daniel. Called the 70 weeks of Daniel.
         The first verse identifies the year that the prophesy of this chapter is given to Daniel
        The first year of Darius the Mede. (539 BC).
        V 23  Gabriel said (paraphrasing)  The command has just came forth.
        V.25   Know therefore that from the going forth of the commandment it shall be 69 weeks unto the Messiah the "Prince"
        V. 26   Aftet 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off (KILLED)
           OK now ?  If the Messiah was killed in 30 AD...This 62 weeks must be a prophetic term that is the same as 568 of our years???   It doesn't matter how we do the Math.. Where did the other 7 weeks go. Either the 69 weeks were fulfilled 7 weeks later(after Jesus died) or Gabriel did not tell the truth.
      Or 62 weeks = 568 or less earthly years and the last seven weeks = almost 2000 years. 
         "That boat don't float"  or as Dr. Phill says; "That dog don't hunt"
         Think about it...   62 weeks = 568 or less years; while 7 weeks = 1980 or more years???   I believe that this is where we should start uninterping prophesy.

2nd Peter 1:20  "...no prophesy of the scripture has any PRIVATE interpretation.

1. Jerami profile image77

I have been attempting to discuss this question with MULTITUDES of believers, with no results at all.
        other than simple answers like  NO that isn't right.
           Can someone tell me why this can not be  plausable?

I believe that this single point is the most undiscussed point of view in Christian history.
           Why do the prophesy stated in this chapter have to be  interpreted?
           Why can it not mean exactly what it says?

You do know that "IF"   my understanding of this issue is correct and we reject it as true????   We are going to have to misinterpret "EVERYTHIN else"  in an attempt to  make any since of any of it..

3. 70
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi friends

Almost all religions have described about the events happenings at End of time; and Second Coming of their religious hero. In a way they mention different aspects of advent of a person coming at end of time. This illustrious person has in fact come; and he had very clearly claimed of it. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 is the person. He is peaceful Imam Mahdi and Jesus' Second Coming uniting the Abrahamic Religions; he is the second coming Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster etc. All signs for his advent have completed; he is to revive all religions on Truth. He upholds reason and science; so in fact he is also units the Atheists Skeptics Humanists with peace.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

4. 70
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi friend stephane86

The Reformer of the End Times prophesied by almost all the Revealed Religions of the world; on fulfillment of all the signs has already come. His proper name is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad,1835-1908, the Christians describe his title as Promised Messiah or his Second Coming, the Jews give him title of Moshiach, for Muslims he is Mahdi, Messiah, Masih, Ibne Maryam or Essa; Buddhist are waiting for him as Maitreya Buddha; for Hindus he is Krishna for Zoroastrians he is Zoroaster of the time.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. 59
    The Paulposted 6 years ago

On the contrary, by giving it any consideration at all most Christians are taking it far too seriously.

2000 years ago or so Jesus said, "World's gonna end.  Any day now."  And here we are 2000 years later going "Yup.  Aaaaaaany day now.

Meanwhile we live in a real world full of other people and and other religions and diseases and wars and limited resources. 

But it's all going to come to an end any day now, so why worry about all that, right?

3. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

The Paul  said ..
    2000 years ago or so Jesus said, "World's gonna end.  Any day now."  And here we are 2000 years later going "Yup.  Aaaaaaany day now.
       Jesus never said that.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually jesus never said anything!
      The ignorant controlling goat herders that wrote that pile did say something very similar though!

1. Jerami profile image77

I don't think so.  In Matthew 24:3 The disciple ask Jesus 'When shall these things be"   He was asking Jesus when were those things that had been directed at the Pharisees and scribes (C.23) were to come to pass and what shall be the sign of thy coming?
        Jesus answered these two questions.
          The disciple also asked  .."And of the end of the world" which Jesus never answered.

I think it revelant that they explicitly says that this is a private conversation with Peter,James, John and Andrew (Mark 13:3}.

1. BL Tween profile image80
          BL Tweenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He did answer them,

In verse 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The answer is,  when the whole world has been told about Jesus then the end will come!

At last count 98% of the population of the world has heard the gospel, that is the good news. The good news that God loves them, yes each and every one of us. God loves us so much, He sent His son, Jesus, to earth, to be born of a human mother, to grow up as a human child, to live with us and know what it is like to be human.

Please know this, Jesus did not have to die on that cross. He could have said NO! I won't do it.

But . . . because He knew we could not live our lives without doing one thing wrong. Just telling one lie would keep us out of heaven. He knew the only way we could have access to God and go to heaven was for him to take our wrongdoings upon himself. He made the decision. He would take the punishment for us. He was beaten terribly, forced to carry the cross, the was nailed to that cross. He gave all his blood as was required for a sacrifice. He gave all He had, He gave His life for us. Why did He do it? He did all this because He loves us!

Please don't think you can be good enough. Please don't think you can do enough good deeds. Don't wait until you get your act together. Jesus loves you right now just the way you are. He is just waiting for you to ask Him, ask Him to come into your heart. He will, He will forgive you and love you, and walk with you, and talk with you, and teach you, and it will be awesome for He is an awesome God!

There is a story in the Bible where a woman, a woman who was doing things God did not like, according to the religious leaders, a sinful woman, an immoral woman, who came up behind Jesus while he was in some religious leaders house. She fell to her knees at Jesus feet. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them. The other religious leaders around Jesus thought to themselves that if Jesus was from God He would know what kind of woman this was and would not have anything to do with her. Jesus forgave her of her wrongdoings, her immorality, her sins. The other religious leaders were shocked! Who was He that could forgive sins? He was GOD!

What came first? The woman honoring Jesus or her becoming a good person and cleaning up her act? COMING TO JESUS came first! Acknowledging that He was worthy to be honored. Bowing down to God. Then her sins, wrongdoings, immoral activities were forgiven. She did not have her act together! She only knew He was God!

Don't wait, Jesus wants to help you. When Christians say things like I am a servant, it means, we want to do what God tells us to do. He only tells us to do good things.

Here is the bottom line, if its good its from God. If its not good it is from the devil.

You can read the story about the woman in
          Luke 7:36-50

4. 0
    stephane86posted 6 years ago

For me the greatest sign, is the psychological maturity that humanity has achieved. Not just because of science, or technology, but because of rationalism which has taught humans to behave as autonomous thinking individuals.

Our times truly are serious times and I think the lack of serious eschatological discussion reflects the fact that many Christians have lost sight of the virtue of Hope, by which we orient our sights, minds and hearts to Heavenly things first and foremost.

The greatest issues faced by Christianity are not only moral, they are spiritual and intellectual: the secular mindset, the materialist worldview, the naturalist philosophy.

All these things put together are in themselves signs of the Apostasy of our times.

5. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

BL Tween  I would like to ask a couple of questions
    In verse 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

We say that God can do all things?  He didn't need internet to accomplish the word to reach the whole world.
    You wrote.....Just telling one lie would keep us out of heaven

I ask you; did Jesus ever lie?   I am going to assume you say no.  Then why don't you believe that when he said; ........
       "some of you standing right here shall not taste of death till you see me coming in the clouds at the right hand of power".
        Or when he told Peter James John and Andred "This generation shall not pass til all these things be fulfilled".

I could write a Hub speaking of the many things that Jesus said such as these. 
       Why do you not believe him to have been speaking the truth?

OH YEA  I did write a hub about some of them.

Christians swear by the bible yet they don't believe half of what is written concerning those things that he said.
    The messanger angel Gabriel also. Don't believe what he said either. 
       We don't like what they say so we justify ourselves to interpret them to be saying something else other than their plain and simple words.
       We justify ourselves cause it is written that Paul or a disciple said something that we can misunderstand in such a way as to deny Jesuss' spoke the truth.

To answer the origional post, The second coming as it is called has already taken place.
      The 42 months (1650 years)of the beast is about to reach their fulfillment. 
       Good night everybody.

6. Dense profile image65
    Denseposted 6 years ago

I took it seriously before 2003 when the internet was rife with end times speculations. By the time all the Armageddon movies and 2012s and what nots came out, I had came to the conclusion that everybody living from before the time of Jesus until now has been exposed to all these stuff and somehow they all survived - and so will I.