jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Verichip: the prophesied mark of the Beast?

1. jonathanacosta17 profile image60
    jonathanacosta17posted 7 years ago

has anybody heard of this yet? what do you think? here's a link i came across if you want some background.

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/ … 2/02/50187

1. mod2vint profile image60
      mod2vintposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey I used to own stock in this company, I lost my ass. Did you notice the date of that writing. 2/6/02.

Not the mark of the beast. People already use this on their pets. If your parent or grand parent had memory problems wouldn't it be nice to find them if they got lost.

2. NightEmpress profile image59
    NightEmpressposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't like to be chipped.

3. kess profile image61
    kessposted 7 years ago

When you look outward to find the false, you are already deceived.

The mark of the beast have already controlled the entire world.

1. NightEmpress profile image59
      NightEmpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But I don't think that's the mark of the Beast. I think it's the mark of Man,which is worse. Nothing can be compared to Man's ill power.

4. Jerami profile image73
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

Nobody gets it?   Ya talk about prophesy of the scriptures in the bible.  Sometimes like 62 weeks is talking about prophetic weeks and in a minute when prophesy talks about 42 months ya wanna take it to mean literal earthly months.
       Make up your mind; Is a length of time mentioned in prophesy to be considered a prophetic ( a day = ? ) or is it literal?

Sometimes it is? and some times it isn't ????   no wonder caint nobody figure it out..........

5. profile image52
    The Paulposted 7 years ago

This thing isn't a real technology, it's a born of the paranoid fantasy that it's going to be forced on us.  It's just not viable when compared to things like a wallet full of cards or a medic alert bracelet.

1. Jerami profile image73
      Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Until you have disected, disasembled and reasembeled, the prophesy you can not intelectually afirm nor deny their validity.

Maybe what they say more to your liking than you know.

Ya just don't know what ya don't know,  Ya know?

1. profile image52
        The Paulposted 7 years ago in reply to this

All that scholarship surrounding the prophecies is a bit of a Gordian knot.

If you want to disentangle all the threads of the Gordian knot and lay it out in a straight, simplified line... that is daunting, virtually impossible.  If you just want to get one end separated from the other it's really quite simple.

If you want to crawl through all the scholarship surrounding Christian mythology, determining when each belief came into being and which other beliefs and which scholarship influenced it... that is a daunting, almost impossible task.  If you're merely interested in whether or not there are real prophecies... it's much simpler.

1. alternate poet profile image63
          alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I disagree - it is dauntingly simple. All the scholarship is discussion about discussion about discussion - throw away the constructions and look at the original attempt at writing the book, before that civil servant cum trader invented todays trading religion that got Rome into places its power did not work so well.  The original sin was to destroy the credibility of the original simple story.

1. Jerami profile image73
            Jeramiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree. 
               The book of Revelation is relatively simple to understand when we use the interpretations given by Gabriel for these same symbols in the book of Daniel are applied to the book of Revelation we are half way there.

And when we accept the fact that most of those prophesy that was given in Daniel were fulfilled by the time that "THAT" Hebrew Nation came to the end of their days.(138 AD)
            We can then understand the rest of Revelation quite easily.

6. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

The same "We are going to be forced to wear the mark of the devil" crud has been supposedly happening for 20 years or so. A bit like the end of the world that has been supposed to happen yearly since man could write. Some people are in a state of perpetual paranoia! Too busy with this bulldust to have a life! lol

1. NightEmpress profile image59
      NightEmpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL! Man is Evil. No need to make up a Devil

7. Jerami profile image73
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

was just checking in before going to bed,
    Couldn't keep from making just one more post.
    Gnite

8. Falsor Wing profile image84
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

I think I just found my new favorite hyperbolic complaint about something. The four horsemen were getting old.

1. alternate poet profile image63
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah - infinate death and destruction wielded by four guys with zimmer frames just doesn't quite have the same impact does it!

working