1. mer-french4c profile image60
    mer-french4cposted 6 years ago

Wow what an unusual idea. Ask him what his name is.  I remember my journey began when I was in my early thirties and I had been doing extensive research on the name(s) of the Saviour.  It was late and I was getting not only frustrated, but disgusted.  I remember that it was also during the time that my father was in the hospital (a few days later, we would be burying him.)  I figured, what did I have to loose.  Why not go to the source and pose the question, I mean after, when most people desire to know a person's name, the customary practice is to go up to them and ask. Right?  So that is precisely what I did!  I ask the CREATOR of ALL THINGS:  What is your name?  I knew that the plethora of labels that humanity attached to HIM were ineffective, inappropriate and erroneous.  Yes, I got an answer.  It was as if, He had been waiting for some human being to do something that makes sense and that was to ask.  I understood what JOB felt!

1. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

James 1:5
      If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

He is literally our Father in the flesh and bone.  Of course He'll answer.  The way in which He answers greatly depends on how we ask the question.  Always exercise a broken heart and a contrite spirit.  That is when someone is teachable.

Glad to hear your story! smile