Prophet like Moses

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I know that muslims believe Muhammad to have been the prophet like Moses the Bible said will come. If you look at the works of each one, you will see they are completely different.

Moses was one who talked with God face to face.

Muhammad reportedly recieved his word from an angel.

This is only one difference between the two.

Let the games begin.

1. profile image0
      crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A couple of other differences:

1. Moses was a descendant of Abraham through Isaac (Israelite), and Muhammad was a descendant of Abraham through Ishmael (Arab).

2. Moses was brought up by his mother as a nurse in the Pharaoh's household, Muhammad was an orphan.

1. FranyaBlue profile image75
        FranyaBlueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are differences picked out of similarities

Both were of noble families

Both were known to be and raised as orphans within households other than that of their natural parents.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. "Moses was a descendant of Abraham through Isaac (Israelite), and Muhammad was a descendant of Abraham through Ishmael (Arab)."

2. "Moses was brought up by his mother as a nurse in the Pharaoh's household, Muhammad was an orphan."

And they have been killing each other forever since over who has the right sky fairy! lol

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is one controversy , did Muhammad gain enlightenment or did he make contact with a higher intelligence like and Angel  which gave him tis message.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

muhammad is said to be getting god's word through a medium which is Gabriel..there is no controversy in this as far as muslims are concerned..they believe gabriel was medium through which god conveyed his message and later this was made into book called quran..

1. mohitmisra profile image60

So it wasnt a direct connection with god like the other prophets have had?

"The Angel Gabriel visited the Muhammad many times over a period of twenty-three years. Gabriel taught Muhammad the verses and he instructed his scribes to record them. All the revealed verses are compiled in the Qur'an. "

guess so..angel gabriel seems to be inseparable and it is considered to be medium..so i dont think Muhammad had direct connection..though muslims believe muhammad to be perfect human being..something like ideal human being and last prophet which brought last and final word of god..

Yes I have heard this story but they also expect another Prophet the Mahdi.

In last sermon that muhammad gave he had said-'O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN'...

yes muslims in general believe that christ was lifted directly to heaven and he would come to fight negative forces during end days ,he along with mahdi would fight Ad-Dajjal ..

some sunnis differ on mahdi but for shias mahdi is important believe..

christ is considered to be prophet in long line of prophets by muslims..since christ was before muhammad , his second coming is in lines of muhammad's final speech...

Well if he said it, he was wrong.

1. profile image52
                    paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In last sermon that muhammad gave he had said-'O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN'...

Hi friends

Muhammad himself prophesied for the Coming of Jesus from one of his followers at end of times whose other name is Imam Mahdi or the Divine Guided One; so people have misunderstood Muhammad.And fortunately this has happened in the adven of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

Moses was a shepherd. God called him to lead the Hebrews out of Egypt.

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Moses was a former Prince of the largest pagan slave nation in human history; turned slave, murderer, shepherd; then deliverer and administrator of the first legal documents pertaining to covenant; then author of the historical events.

Mohammad was a poet.

4. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Moses had not the brains to be mule driver...but Muhammad did.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There ya go! That didn't take long! lol lol lol

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Each to his own.

5. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

stiff shirt.

6. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Moses was a man Messenger of Creator-God Allah YHWH; Jesus could not be like Moses as the Christians incorrectly claim Jesus was a god; no similarity between the two.

Moses had a father; Jesus did not have.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

7. mevsmyself profile image61
    mevsmyselfposted 13 years ago

Moses wants people to decorate things and play with draddle.
    Muhammad wants people to kill everyone who doesn't believe in him.

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/solomonpanting/moses.jpg

9. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I have not imagined Moses as falling under the catigory or defination of a Prophet.  I could be wrong?

I always considered Moses as being more similarly catagorized like a King.  I never compared him with Samuel, Jeramiah, Daniel, etc.

And I am not sure if this makes any diffrence or not ???

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deu 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In this verse is Moses not the messenger of the promise of a Prophet to come ??? 
           There may be scripture describing Moses as being a Prophet and I am unaware of them. I just see him as being more like a King than as a prophet. Depending upon definition I guess he could be seen as both ??????? 
          I just never pictured it that way.

1. profile image0

Moses is the one who wrote this. He is speaking of a future prophet, (a deliverer). There is only one who mets this criteria. His name is Jesus Christ

The way I see him is he is a deliverer, a type of Christ, but not Christ.

He spoke to God face to face. He didn't speak to God through a prophet nor an angel. The children of Israel feared Moses after Moses saw the glory of God. His face shined and he wore a veil to hide it from the people, but it was removed when he spoke with God.

God did many miracles through Moses.

When Moses died, God buried Moses Himself. Israel had never had a king nor wanted one until after they entered the promised land and saw the other nations with kings.

Then we totaly agree.
              I must have misunderstood the conversation.
            My apologies

1. profile image0

No apology necessary. I started studying up on historical evidence of Moses outside of Biblical documentation. I did happen to find a site about the Ebla tablets. It looks like a great site to read up on but it also needs clarification. I will have to do some research on it.

For the past approx ten years I've been focusing on the KJV, Attempting to unravel interpretation from those things actually stated in scripture.
                   Attempting to remain unblest as far as believing in God or not.
                   To analyze as a legalist would do in determining what is actually written, uninfluenced by centuries of interpretations.

This has straightened my faith in there being a God  as described in the bible.
                   I may be totally wrong in my understanding ?? 
                   But of course I do not believe that I am!

I think that "Interpretations" of the word of God has been our downfall from the beginning.
                   It is these interpretations that have created denominations of "Religion" and all of the debate where there should not be any.

Very true ,its the lack of proper comprehension of the spiritual texts that has caused denominations and rift.

Then off course family and politics had its hand .

As far as Christianity is involved...  I think that this confusion was intentionally caused at the time of the creation of the church that The Roman Empire built.
                       They stayed within the understanding of the religious people of the day only enough that they would participate in this New Church.
                      Because the common people were not allowed access to any of the written word contained within the canon for the first 1000 years of its existence;  the high officials could dictate doctrine as they chose.  By the time that scripture was made available to the people, Interpretations had been planted so deeply that the intended messages written in scripture had become a blur.

10. The Darkened One profile image60
    The Darkened Oneposted 13 years ago

I have got one:

1. Moses was Gay

2. Mohammad was Bi-sexual

1. The Darkened One profile image60
      The Darkened Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

& fyi, Jesus died a virgin...wat a loser!

11. Jerami profile image59

wilderness  wrote
      This brings out a question, in my mind at least.  It has left modern man with the problem of interpreting the bible, with no real guidance as to just what is correct, which has given rise to millions of different interpretors who all claim to be right.  This does not seem conducive to God's plan.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Jerami wrote
      What I have done is to scrap them all (Interpretations)

Read Daniel 9:1  This establishes the year that Daniel receives this message from Gabriel as being either 539 BC,

Then Daniel prays and makes supplications until Gabriel comes and delivers a message from God. (verse 21 thru 27)
       We should not change the meaning of these verses in any way, for any reason.
       This establishes a timeline comparison to be used when understanding prophesy.
       This became the foundation of my new belief system.
       The words that is said to have been spoken by Gabriel to Daniel come first and formost in my mind. If these can not be trusted then none of it can be trusted.
       Any understanding that I may think that I have MUST fit within the boundaries of the foundation that I have established for my self.
       We should all give this concept a fair chance to work.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I fear I am hijacking this thread - if so, let me apologize.

It seems you are referring to interpretations of prophesies, while I referred to all interpretations currently being made of biblical writings.  It just seems to me that 10 people can read the same verse or verses and give 10 different meanings of what the old english words mean.  Different meanings, in turn, means that it is not possible to understand what God truly wants from us.

To translate something from one language to another is one thing.

To interpret the meaning of something is to imply a diffrent meaning as that wich might have been supposed.

I do not believe that translation is 1% the problem that interpretation has become.

12. Jerami profile image59

wilderness  said ...I fear I am hijacking this thread - if so, let me apologize.

Yes maybe I have too.  Sorry everyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)