jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Expelled: No intelligence Allowed

1. mikavexo profile image60
    mikavexoposted 8 years ago

So, I'm going to go see this documentary this weekend.  Anyone else going to go?  Any pre-thoughts on the documentary?

1. Thom Carnes profile image61
      Thom Carnesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I live in the UK, where the film has yet to be released, but I've been hearing a lot about it.

It's an anti-evolution film which proposes that there is a world-wide conspiracy by international scientists to suppress the teaching of the pseudo-science intelligent design.

Pro-evolution "celebrities" like Richard Dawkins and Michael Shermer were interviewed for the film, but (allegedly) the interviews were "doctored" post-production to make it look like they were saying something else ...

And the blogger PZ Meyers was physically ejected from the premiere.

Sounds great fun - pure propaganda, but great fun - can't wait to see it.

But I think several generous pinches of salt are required ....

2. mikavexo profile image60
    mikavexoposted 8 years ago

This is an interesting reply, but I don't necessarily dismiss your comments.  I wouldn't be surprised if what you claim is absolutely true.  After all, Al Gore and Michael Moore used the exact same antics for their documentaries.  As long as people have agendas will we ever get any honest stories?  I do wonder how it is going to be covered though.  Will it be distributed as truth like the Al Gore and Michael Moore documentaries or will the media blast it because it has a conservative value attached to it?

Personally, I'm going to see it and probably do a write up on it.  I was hoping someone else would do the same thing.  It would be nice to have multiple write ups on it on the pro and the con sides.

I'm new to the hub so I'm not familiar with everyone's names yet, but I bet the guy who started the Atheism Rules topic could do a good con write up.  He would just need to see the movie first.  I hope he does see it and writes about.

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

The guy who did the Atheism Rules! thread will most certainly be watching it big_smile

Pretty sure he won't be doing a write up on it - pro or con.

I liked their trailer though. If nothing else, it will be good for a laugh.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
      Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can always count on Ben Stein for a good laugh.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

How fleeting is fame.

5. Inertia profile image60
    Inertiaposted 8 years ago

Never heard about it but it does sound interesting,do you know where to find it?

6. Thom Carnes profile image61
    Thom Carnesposted 8 years ago

I realise that reading about the film is no substitute for actually watching it - but if you are remotely interested you might like to take a look at this:

http://richarddawkins.net/article,2488, … rd-Dawkins

7. Inertia profile image60
    Inertiaposted 8 years ago