What if??

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I do not have a problem with the posability of GOD in whatever concept that you are wanting to see him/it; coming to the inhabitance of the earth and attempting to explain himself as best as they were able to understand him/her/it/whatever.

As mankinds understanding increased "God" could have attempted to refine their understanding of what is?

What if it was the same one all along????

1. Dense profile image61
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's always been the same one. It's just the marketing people dressing it up differently for their purposes. IMMHO.

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have a point!  And maybe ?  We both have a point?

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then it's time for a new revelation. A universal one might be a nice change. No prophets.

I think that it is coming.  But not in the way that many think.

2. Dense profile image61

As far as I know, God's been here all along. And He doesn't have one single avenue of spreading his message. Whether you heard Him through the Holy Spirit, The Power of The Subconscious Mind, The Law Of Attraction - it doesn't really matter to Him. It only mattered to us. We're the ones fighting over who's praying to the right God. In the words of George Carlin: "My God has a bigger d*ck than your God!". I believe when we can all see past all the smokescreens generated by religions we'll understand God more and more. Monotheistic religions tells us that there is only one God - but don't pray to the others cause they are fakes or lesser Gods. This is when they do us a great disservice. I believe at this point in time, a lot of people have heard God speak and the only reason why others aren't hearing Him is that their thinking has been limited by their belief of how God is like.

I did not come to that realization until after I untangled all of the religious knots in my religious rope that they gave to me long ago.
             I guess that if I had just dropped the rope that was holding me back I would have been just as well off.
             But NOoo  I hat to untangle the knots first before I decided that I didn't need the rope.

God is good ..the word of God is like a babbling brook       

Religiosity is too deep and too swift to cross.
             We need to keep our faith in God simple.
             We don't even have to do anything with it.
             God didn't say to go running through the streets setting the world on fire with the holy spirit.
             He just don't want us to but a basket over it and hide it..

Just my opinion

1. Dense profile image61

Yeah, it's always a personal path. Me thinks if you knew you had found God and you're at peace with yourself, who has the right to say otherwise? wink

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a problem with your theory.  This makes god look like something other than the "creator"  In other words, why would god have to play silly games with humanity until it became evolved enough to perceive god?  Why didn't he just make humans smart enough to perceive him from the outset?

For an entity that is given credit for creating reality, god sure looks impotent by your concept.  If god had to "attempt" anything, then he is surely not god.

What I see wrong with your theory is that we are not yet inteligant enough to fully understand who and what the creator is. Nor do I believe that we ever will be.

1. getitrite profile image71

So why didn't god just make us intelligent enough in the first place?  The onus is on god not us.  Is god NOT the creator?

Maybe he tried that once.  God then had to kick Lucifer out of heaven cause he thought he knew better than the creator.

What are the chances of mankind doing the same.If he had made us that inteligent?
              Or something like that.

Do you realize what you're saying?  Why does god need to TRY anything?  Words such as "try" and "attempt" define finite beings, not gods.  And of course, god having no control over his own creation is confounding the already absurd premise.

So, I get it--intelligence is dangerous to omniscient god.  Wow!

No it is my inadequesy for responding corectly that falls short.

Anytime we humans preceive ourselves adequate to answer for God; we will always fall short.

2. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

may i cut in:

(He) did. This is the irony of it.
            Every shred of necessary knowledge has been 'programmed' into our make up.
            So now the onus is on us humans to either enjoy that stasis or reject it. This is why religion/science are working so hard to 'find' the answers before 'time' runs out on humanity. This compulsion to understand what we already have been given.
            The simple truth, witnessed throughout history, is man is more than he sees himself as. This is that consciousness of a different nature, what some call sin. The simple act of indulging their own thoughts, yet never being able to exercise those givens as reality.

Good answer

2. getitrite profile image71

Maybe we are not yet intelligent enough to fully understand that there is probably no creator...and that every last religion is an effort in futility in trying to understand "god"

That is a posability...?  There are lots of posabilities.

2. goldenpath profile image66
            goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would submit that life, not just religion, is the pursuit to know God in whatever form one chooses to believe Him as.  It's that pursuit to know and understand that power greater than oneself.  That power from whence one came and was created.  Whether it be an actual physical being or an invisible entity or nature itself - the pursuit to know it IS a part of life itself.

also a good answer.

I do like the concept of what if.

I think that getitrite was basically saying  "What If"  and I apreciate the spirit in which he has joined the conversation.

Thank you Getitrite  and all others

You're welcome, Jerami.

2. getitrite profile image71

True.  And you and I just don't know what that power or force is.

1. profile image0

hmm, question: why would you not know what that power/force is?

I have heard people expound as to what they think the power is, and I have a few ideas but to KNOW it; and what IT is, I would not bet my life on my concept being absolutely correct.  I know it is!  but will never in this life fully understand what IT is.

A little puppy does not try to understand totally what is holding it and keeping it warm. The puppy just KNOWS that IT is doing it. Maybe he tried that once.  He then had to kick Lucifer out of heaven cause he thought he knew better than the creator.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Keep it based on reality rather than unknown. wink

This to will come with the change that is coming

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The change coming? hmm

Do you think there is some mystical change about to happen?

Unfortunately, you are correct there is a change coming, but it's not a mystical one, but the next step of human evolution.

A rose by any name is still a rose.

Earth cycles, Human cycles, The bell is about to ring.
          This class is about over,
            We have stretched this rubberband about as far as it will stretch.  And it is getting old.

2. Jerami profile image58

I hope that you are right.  There is the possibility of moving into something like the dark ages?
             And When they emerge back into something like our renaissance, maybe then If we preserve our written knowledge, and IF they do they do not pervert that knowledge; then Maybe they will do a better job nurturing the earth than we did.

Maybe then mankind will evolve into a higher state of concienscness

I can see it happening something like this.

3. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

No earthquakes and color-coded horsemen. wink

Yea there will be earth quakes and volcanoes. Earth is goina keep doin what it does, on its own schedule.

Ya don't have to be a wise man to see where civilization is headed.  Change of one form or another is on the horizon.

Like a drunk driver on Saturday night, The throttle is stuck wide open. 
         He is either going to change directions, run out of gas
      or hit the wall.

The color coded horsemen ?? 
         Church teaches that these horsemen are sent down to the earth for a short period of time, close to the time that the earth is destroyed.

Where does this concept come from.  It isn't written that way.

These horsemen could have been sent down to earth soon after the crucifixion and have been roaming the earth ever sense.

People read more into scripture than is actually written. This is called embellishment ??????

4. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

What if? Remember "Sliding Doors"

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome movie! smile

No  didn't see the movie.  maybe I should ??

3. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely wonderful movie, everybody should see it!

5. profile image56
    khopkins75posted 13 years ago

Everyone has their own opinion, mine is this. I believe in God. I stand firmly and can't be shaken from my beliefs. As for the earthquakes, the bible told there would be earthquakes in diverse places. I find it odd that the bible tells everything that is going to happen was written many many years ago but yet no one wants to believe it. It's like a fear that spreads, if someone told you a meteor was heading to earth going to completely destroy it and you could look into the sky and see it, someone somewhere would say it was something else. And everyone would believe them because they don't want to fear what's going to happen.

6. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Maybe if God "is", then it's like air. It's always been there, been a part of us, and it's up to us to recognize and become aware of it, if we want that connection. Maybe the universe is "God." And if that's possible, then we are as atomic particles in God. We have the illusion that somehow we are separate from him, but that's just our illusion. Becoming aware is up to us. Colored horses and stories are symbols about consciousness, which as we discover their levels only brings us more awareness. Therefore, they don't have to be real stories, they are symbols of awareness and consciousness.

I'm not saying that's the way it is, or even that's what I believe. There isn't enough evidence one way or another to know. The only way to *know* for me is to experience it, and I haven't experienced a metric buttload of stuff that people say is true in religion. But I do think there is something about awareness and consciousness that makes sense in relation to who we are in the universe.

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

No, they all going to fight for the scepter upstairs and the winner will reveal Himself to people. So we will have: let me see, aha: universal currency, government, language, God. How convenient!

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Indeed. There are no new prophets and a change is coming.
    There is nothing mystical about it.

It is Universal. This is the escape hatch, if you will, from those limited gods/Gods and 'rationed human thought, to a real and livable Truth.

Everything/the universe is the breathe of Creator.
    So, all these human applications/considerations are pointless when it comes down to it. Looking at books, stars, changing planetary conditions means nothing if we continue to accept such a pitiful existence and purpose.

What if: we actually get out of our heads, books, buildings, labs, banks, behinds and start interacting with the universe by ITS terms, not our own perceptions of those terms.
    How different that would be.

Had company stop by  I'm back for a little bit.
        Have chores to do though.

I always thought that mankind has always created our own worries.
        Life seemed simple when I was younger sitting out on the top of a ridge, laying back in the sun on a sunny winter day, watching a lead leaf that had fallen but the updraft picked it up way high in the sky.Drifting in the wind all afternoon.
         And then things got more complicated when I started wanting more and more stuff.
         Seems like I got caught up into some kind of runaways.

Haven't been able to get a handle on that feeling of peace and contentment since then.

Is that something like what you are talking about???
        If so,  I'm wanting some change now.

1. profile image0

absolutely. the magnificent simplicity is beyond human belief for some reason. By simplicity, I don't mean ignorance or apathy, but a reality far exceeding these things we humans assume are right/good for us.

I think that the early American Indians had the right Idea, unfortunately Progress marches forward.   constantly.

9. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I'm not expecting the change for another ten years or so.

I thinking that there is going to be a big break down in the next couple of years.  It may get better immediately and it may take a few years before it is all better again.

As far as breakdown is concerned.. We ain't seen nuthin yet,

I hope I'm wrong?

10. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Hi

Hi back atcha.

1. goldenpath profile image66

Flipping through and saw the word "prophets" and had to see what was up.  I believe we have prophets on the Earth today agreeable to the scriptures would happen.

I would have to ask about the definition of what you believe a prophet to be before I could agree with ya.

I'd have to sit down with that person and find out if his message is actualy in agreement with scripture or with mans interpretations of scripture.
             If not; I would think him to be just another false wanna be prophet.  There are suposed to be quite a few of them kind.

1. goldenpath profile image66

Definitely.  For every thing that is good there is a vice.  That's part of why so many cannot believe in a modern prophet who whole-heartedly agrees with the prophets of old.  There are many false which, in turn, should be a witness that there IS a true prophet on the Earth.  Otherwise, there would be no reason for the vice.

11. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Acts 3:21
    Part of the "restitution" mentioned is that restoration of the former knowledge that has been lost, modified or purposely omitted.  Scripture also tells us that this knowledge, as in times of old, comes forth through the prophets.  Even in times of old they knew that the actual eternal knowledge would be molested in the last days.  The Plan has made provisions for this in bringing forth the Restoration of the gospel - that former knowledge in it's pristine nature, undefiled.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)