According to Pope Benedict XVI Today...

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    somelikeitscottposted 13 years ago

According to Pope Benedict XVI today, abortion and same-sex marriage are some of the most "insidious and dangerous" threats facing the world today.

Thoughts anyone?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ridiculous.  Would seem he's just trying to draw attention away from all the insidious and dangerous corruption/abuse within the Catholic church.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen, hallelujah!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What are his thoughts on same-sex abuse by priests?  I guess from his point of view, they are OK because they stand so little chance of leading to an abortion.

3. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Would like him to rank these in order of insidiousness:
      1. abortion
      2. gay marriage
      3. child abuse by you-know-who

4. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gee...I thought it was the crumbling economy, rampant disease, and unrelieved violence across the entire world...not to mention the threat of nuclear destruction.

But....what do I know...I'm certainly no pope (although I played a female one onstage...hehehe).

5. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He didn't include himself and catholicism!
      ...just an oversight?

6. topgunjager profile image60
      topgunjagerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the pope says a lot of things, whatever happened to just using common sense? plus why would anyone listen to someone who makes the world safe for pedophiles?

7. profile image54
      (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like the Pope is one of the most "insidious and dangerous threats facing the world today".

8. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sexuality seems to be the new global pandemic.
      Both items on that agenda are sexually based. Not surprising, since a large portion of the world is motivated or otherwise stimulated pro/con by sexuality -from child dance routines to scantly clad post-op male/female models holding icy cold bottles of beer...

what a planet.

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not become a Muslim? That way, you can completely cover up your women and no will see them, including you. smile

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or be You Q, you're the best!

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65

Michelle Pfiefer on an interview of the sexuality of Catwoman:
        "What's wrong with sex? Sex is not bad?"

1. profile image0

Nothing wrong with it. tongue
          Of course Q thinks we should all become Muslim and redesign woman's clothes, or something...lol. odd fellows, those ex Catholic seminary students.

the cackle that came of out that surprised me! it sounded like the wicked witch of the west lol

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The abortion of a child conceived in a same sex marriage of priests is very, very bad.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

That's not the point! mad

The important issue is not getting caught!

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so is pre-marital sex now ok.. or just lower on the list of sins?

As long as you don't wear a condom, because that would lessen the chance of needing an abortion, which would then...

Crap!  Religious dogma is f***ing confusing!

2. NightEmpress profile image61
      NightEmpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evil! LOL

I didn't touch anyone!

I'm not even Catholic!

PS.. Is "Catho" Latin for the "altar boy"

tongue

1. Daniel Carter profile image63

"Cath-o-ter"

2. NightEmpress profile image61

Are you sure ? You're very 'touchy' LOL

who has been spreading truthful rumours about me!?!?

1. NightEmpress profile image61

the Pope

i sleep with the guy ONE time before he even became a Cardinal and now he goes yapping to all his friends!

I slept once. I have to admit I was drunk.lol

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
                    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I sleep almost every night.  Almost.

2. Greek One profile image63

i love that in a woman !!

2. Daniel Carter profile image63

Apparently it was BIG news...

3. Daniel Carter profile image63

I feel an exorcism coming on...

3. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

With everything going on...it seems difficult to place these two problems at the top. I'd say the oil spill in the gulf to those in the south, the volcano in iceland to people in that area. Tornado's in the mid-west. The economy.

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was actually wondering if there was enough fall out from the volcanio to cause crop failures, Haven't heard anything about that???

sorry  back to topic.

abortion and same-sex marriage are some of the most "insidious and dangerous" threats facing ........the imperial authority of the establishment of the Papacy 

Just gotta change a couple of words

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

it seems to me that sodomy outside of same sex marriage is the only allowable sexual activity if I am reading things right

As long as condoms are not involved, and you don't misuse the rosary beads.

are rosary beads anything like a pearl neckless??

Not sure, but they look amazingly similar to a product I saw in an adult novelty store.

LOL!!!

5. NightEmpress profile image61
    NightEmpressposted 13 years ago

And where are the waves and your board ? lol

6. DavitosanX profile image60
    DavitosanXposted 13 years ago

The eruption of the volcano in Iceland is God's way of punishing us for homosexuals and abortion. People, get down on your knees and repent. (This post is for satirical purposes only)

Of course, things like constant wars and scaling drug abuse is of little concern to the pope. "Who cares about nuclear warfare when there are dudes DOING IT with each other!!!"

I don't think is of little concern to the Pope. He's doing business there.

1. DavitosanX profile image60
        DavitosanXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I did speak out of line. Sorry about that.

It's just that I think he should stress more on subjects that have an impact regardless of belief. The catholic church is firm on abortion issues, but I disagree that this particular problem poses a threat to society, let alone homosexuality.

Living in times where our environment is being damaged beyond repair, and when there are weapons powerful enough to erase entire nations, it looks bad to me to speak so fervently on issues that aren't as important.

7. profile image0
    somelikeitscottposted 13 years ago

As someone who strives to "rile people up" I was wondering if this topic might do it. Good to see everyone has such a great sense of humor (it's critical when dealing with almost everything in life - in my opinion)

Do I think the Pope is putting homosexuals at the top of his "Hated it" list because the next statement that's coming out of him is about all homosexuals being pedophiles and them finding their way into his church to soil children in the rectory, you bet. Here's the deal, how about criminals or those who participate in criminal acts like the Pope? He assisted in shifting pedophile priests around in order to avoid scandal for the church and himself.

What would Jesus do? I think he'd fire the Pope and the rest of the religious leaders who make buckets of money as his agent and find a good Jewish gay to represent him instead!

1. Dense profile image60
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am pretty sure that Jesus can't  fire the Pope. It's not his organization. He wasn't a founder of the Church and never asked anyone to go there to one to find God! Just my 2 cents. smile

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that Jesus could fire the pope if he wanted to .. But... Jesus is going to let the pope finish out the 42 month agreement.

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol lol

9. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Who does hire the pope? smile

Glenn Beck

1. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh! Well that's all right then! smile

10. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

It's a usurped position. No one hires a person into the position. It's granted to the person.

1. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Cag:
      He's just the CEO of the richest, most powerful, capitalistic, theocratic corporation on earth....and ya know how ya get to be a CEO dont'cha? Yer better at bringing the big bucks into the system than anyone else.
      If ya've studied the evolution of catholicism, the purpose of all 21 ecumenical councils (from about 500 ad to about 1500 ad) was to insure the viability of the church. The history of popes has been disgustingly "evil."
      The pope is the best "crook" the "corporation" can produce.   lolol :-)

1. profile image0
        somelikeitscottposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that explains his fabulous office and the Popemobile, qwark - thanks for clearing that up for me!

11. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

I agree. Two of the most severe types of immorality. A poison to our society and life in general.

Catholocism and conservatism?

12. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

When I was in Italy, everyone was saying that it was an open secret that Pope Benedict is gay and his secretary is his lover. It's not just a nasty rumor, its a like a ricky martin is gay rumor. so....pope benedict is not exactly credible.

13. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

It's pretty obvious that he's right.  Both abortion and homosexuality will have an effect on the number of new little catholics.  Fewer little catholics will have a negative effect on the world.  In addition, homosexuality produces pedophiles, which eventually reduces the number of priests to preach against homosexuality.  All quite simple, really!

bad parenting produces pedophiles. homosexuals did not choose to be homosexuals, they just embraced what the already are.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I apologize, cecilia - my tongue-in-cheeck did not come across as intended.  I assure you the I understand your statement to be true, I'm just not sure the Pope does.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)