The Parallels between Christianity & Paganism

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Hello hubbers,

Welcome to the second edition. This time I like to present more solid information (excluding the previous 42 with Horus) which portrays the parallels between Christianity & Paganism. Looking forward for your opinion...

1. Golden Apples and the Forbidden fruit. The snake in the Garden of Eden and the dragon that guarded the golden apples in the garden of the gods

2. Pandoras Box and the temptation of Eve

3. Bible's flood and the flood of Greek mythology (Google flood myth to get all flood stories)

4. God said, Let us make man in our image in Greek mythology.Zeus said, let us make man in the image of the gods��.

5. The Greek god Bacchus was born on December 25 just like Jesus was and both Jesus and Bacchus were crucified and died for the sake of mankind

Orpheus-Bachchus Crucified - Talisman Pic

http://www.the-goldenrule.name/Orpheus-CHRISTIAN_CONNECTION/Orpheus-Christian_connection-ART_files/image105.jpg

6. There was also another pagan god named Attis in Turkish mythology who was crucified and was buried and rose again on the third day.

7. The name Easter was named after the pagan goddess Ishtar. The food that she ate to keep her immortal was the egg and the animal that was associated with her was the rabbit.

8. Greek God-hero Hercules & Israelite hero known as Samson, whose life was detailed in the Bible in Judges chapters 13 through 16. One important event in Hercules' life involved his escaping from the clutches of a symbolic woman, who is called "Pleasure." This corresponds directly to the troubles Samson got himself involved in with the harlots of Canaan.

9. A fascinating bit of additional information regarding Hercules is his connection with the Biblical tribe of Dan. The Bible Samson was born of the tribe of Dan. (Judges l3:2-25) Greek history tells us that a people called 'Danioi' came to trade and colonise Greece in ancient times, settling in a region called 'Argos.

10. Jesus' mother is called mary while Horus' mother (Isis) was titled Meri.

11. Both Greek & Christianity talks about a Savior. A (son of) God who suffers in order to save the mankind. Christ in NT, Prometheus in Greek Mythology.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend Rishy Rich

"Christianity" is a misnomer; it was invented by the cunning Paul at Rome; he imported creeds of the Pagans and named it after Christ, to deceive the sheep, while the Shepherd had gone to India.Hence the similarities.

Jesus had nothing to do with it.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/PaganJesus/not_amused.png

BLASPHEMY!

2. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Now this is really useful and interesting stuff !

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank You   smile  Glad u find it useful!

3. profile image0
    IEsMedicalposted 13 years ago

From how we receive messages from the pulpit to our church alters, there is not one symbol truly sacred to Christianity.  Almost every aspect of the Christian faith has been modeled after, or molded by another Pagan belief, from somewhere off in the distant past. Thanks Julie.

Correct, but unfortunately majority of us are unable to realize this hidden truth. Thanks for your rational response.

Rishy ... smile

2. profile image51

Hi friend IEsMedical

I agree with you.

Thanks

4. NightEmpress profile image60
    NightEmpressposted 13 years ago

The human mind is only one. So, yes, all religions have parallels,as religion can only be conceived by Man in only one way.
    There's always a principal God, demigods or saints, and a saviour.

& followers smile

1. profile image51

Hi friend Rishy Rich

There is no harm if following; but it should not be blind following; one should follow with reason, rationality, Revelation and brilliant arguments.

Thanks

Sure, just keep ur eyes closed & keep moving!

2. NightEmpress profile image60
        NightEmpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How could I forget ! wink

Theres so many parallels... reasonable to miss one wink

5. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Oh now this is too easy. Isn't it?

Talk about Chummin for chumps... that is a hell of a good bait job.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

the pagans adore objects, rituals etc

Christians GOD --  with the one who they look alike, GOD who came to earth as a HUMAN his SON -- JESUS CHRIST

1. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pagans and Catholics both adore objects and rituals.

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

As far as their stories of  "In the beginning" is concerned; that is easy;
       We all came from the same beginning.
      As far as any comparison between Jesus and any other deity?
    We just don't know for sure.
       There are several possible answers.

The stories or prophesy concerning the birth of the Messiah would have to have been written before 450 BC when Ezra reassembled the older text.
      Jesus seems to have fulfilled all of those prophesy.

The only concerns that I have is in believing the many different interpretations of them and the many conclusions that have been drawn due to those interpretations.

I am comfortable with believing in an unknown reality that sometimes influences this reality in ways that can be seen, though all of us do not get to see them.
      Do we call this unknown reality GOD? ... Sure .. I'm good with that.
      Did God send an ambassador.  Don't know why he wouldn't?
    Could there have been many ambassadors?  Sure.
      Could one of them have been called his son?  Certainly.

Actually most of these parallels are older than 450 BC

2. profile image51

Hi friend Jerami

Please search for the words "Son of God" and even "only Son of God"  from any online OTBible; and you would know there are many out there; it is a common usage of Bible; not meaning literally or physically; but in the meaning of Loved Ones of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; Jesus was only one of them.

He himself mentioned that he was Son of Adam; why don't the Christians base their religion on this; that would be OK.

It would bring them in line with what has been mentioned in Quran, so easily and simply.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

all are the sons of Adam, duh!

1. profile image51

Hi friend Twenty One Days

Similarly all Jews are Sons of God; no mention of Hindus and Buddhist etc; a very narrow concept due to the interference of the scribes with the Scriptures to make it racial.

Thanks

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the books you are reading are narrow, not the group your refer to as Hebrews. Are the Arabs not brothers with them? So you are a son of Adam also.

1. profile image51

Hi friends

If it is being like Jesus; it is OK for me.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

2. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All of out understanding is based upon our own perseption and interpretation.  So sad.

May be that is why we imagine God in human figures wink

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

...parallels within the Need To Know.
    Humans... what can you do...

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was once talking to one of my children and ask; 
           "WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH YOU!!  ? 

THEIR ANSWER?.....  "All you can do is, ...   just love me!"

1. True Truthseeker profile image70
        True Truthseekerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are MANY, [SOME QUITE DIFFERENT] religions in TODAY'S world. Within Christendom itself there are TRINITARIANS and BINITARIANS, and, even UNITARIANS.

Who or whom are ALL these religions with their VARIED TEACHINGS serving?
        Or, indeed, are they REALLY serving the TRUE God Almighty, JEHOVAH?
        [Exodus 6:2, 3; Psalm 83:18]. Deuteronomy 6:4; Psalm 31:5.

Contamination of TRUE worship.

Almighty God's holy Writings [Bible], did make mention of a break-away from PURE worship.

1 Timothy 4:1 reads: However the inspired utterance says DEFINITELY that in later periods of time, SOME WILL FALL AWAY from the faith, paying attention to MISLEADING inspired utterances and TEACHINGS OF DEMONS.

2 Timothy 4: 3- 4 say: For there will be a period of time when they WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THE HEALTHFUL TEACHING, but, in accord with THEIR OWN DESIRES, they WILL ACCUMULATE TEACHERS for THEMSELVES to HAVE their EARS TICKLED, and they WILL TURN their ears AWAY FROM the TRUTH, whereas they WILL be TURNED aside to FALSE STORIES.

2 Thessalonians 2:9- 12 say: But the lawless one's presence is according to the
        operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents and with
        every UNRIGHTEOUS DECEPTION for those who are perishing, as a retribution
        BECAUSE they DID NOT ACCEPT the LOVE of the TRUTH that they might be
        SAVED. So that is why God lets an operation of ERROR GO TO THEM, that they
        may get to believing the LIE, in order that they ALL MAY BE JUDGED because
        they DID NOT BELIEVE the TRUTH but took PLEASURE IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

2 Peter 2: 1- 3 read: However, there also came to be FALSE PROPHETS among the
        people, as THERE WILL ALSO BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU. These very ones WILL QUIETLY BRING IN DESTRUCTIVE SECTS and will disown EVEN THE OWNER that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. Furthermore, MANY WILL FOLLOW their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the TRUTH will be spoken of abusively. Also, with covetousness they WILL exploit you with COUNTERFEIT words. But as for them the JUDGMENT from of old is not moving slowly and the DESTRUCTION of them is not slumbering.

If, ANYONE, still doubts that there has been a FALL-AWAY from PURE worship, then CAREFULLY RESEARCH teachings such as TRINITY [Deut. 6:4; John 14:28;
        John 5:19, 30; John 8:42; John 20:17, 31; 1Corinthians 11:3; 15:28 etc.]
        IMMORTALITY of the soul [Ezekiel 18:4] etc., HELL-FIRE [Re 21:8; Job36:6] etc.,
        ONCE SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED [Matt. 24:13] etc., predestination [Deut. 30:19] etc.,
        USE OF PAGAN, GRAVEN IMAGES e.g. ANKH and other CROSSES, ETC. in worship.
        [1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21; Exodus 20:4, 5; Acts 17:29; Isaiah 42:8; Psalm 65:2].

John 4: 23, 24.

ULTIMATE PROOF

In the book of Daniel there is mention of a CLEANSING and WHITENING in the
        TIME of THE END. This CLEARLY SHOWS that SPIRITUAL DARKNESS or
        a STATE OF FALSE WORSHIP would be AROUND IN THE TIME OF THE END.

The Scripture says at Daniel 12: 4; "And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the TIME of [THE] END. MANY will ROVE about, and the [true] knowledge will BECOME ABUNDANT." So, one can CLEARLY SEE that the interpretation and UNDERSTANDING of Scriptures and prophecies would be MADE KNOWN to MANY in the TIME OF THE END.
        Verses 9 and 10 of chapter 12 of Daniel continue: And he went on to say: "Go, Daniel, because the words are MADE SECRET and SEALED UP until the TIME of [the] END. Many will CLEANSE themselves and WHITEN themselves and WILL be REFINED. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and NO WICKED ones AT ALL WILL UNDERSTAND; but the ones HAVING INSIGHT WILL UNDERSTAND."
        This clearly shows that HONEST-HEARTED ones who REALLY SEARCH God's Word, the
        Holy Scriptures [Bible] for TRUTH, WILL FIND IT. Not so for those who are wicked at heart, though. Proverbs 2: 1- 6; Acts 17: 11.

Most persons on earth wittingly or unwittingly serving Satan.

Revelation 12:9 reads: So down the great dragon was hurled, THE ORIGINAL
        SERPENT, the one CALLED Devil [slanderer] and Satan [resister], who is misleading the ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH, he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
        Revelation 13:4 reads: And they WORSHIPPED the dragon because it gave the authority to the wild beast, and they WORSHIPPED the wild beast with the words: "Who is like the wild beast, and who can do battle with it?"
        Revelation 13:8 reads: And all those who DWELL ON THE EARTH will WORSHIP it; the name of NOT ONE OF THEM stands written in the scroll of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered, from the founding of the world.
        2 Corinthians 4:3, 4 read:
        If, now, the good news we declare is in fact VEILED, it is VEILED among THOSE WHO ARE PERISHING, AMONG WHOM the god of THIS system of things has BLINDED the MINDS of the UNBELIEVERS that the ILLUMINATION of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might NOT SHINE THROUGH.

Satanic Control

We should NOT feel safe in numbers, since this world is under Satan's influence; 1 John 5:19;
        1 John 2:17; Revelation 12: 9; 2 Corinthians 4: 3, 4. Also, narrow and cramped is the road leading to LIFE, and FEW are the ones finding it, WHILST, broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and MANY, are the ones going that way. Matthew 7: 13, 14.

Jehovah God's love through his Son, Jesus Christ, be with you. John 3: 16.

9. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Very well written, This could be a hub.

I may want to borrow some of this.
    I have been saying that this deception that scripture describes has been going on for the past 1650 years.;

IF  SATAN HAS ALREADY deceived the world how would we know??
       Would we know?

& if Jesus were Satan...then how would we know?? Would we know??

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey you know there is actually a Mural in Italy, I think the corner of the Sistine Chapel that depicts Lucifer (admittedly not the same as the s word) as the twin of Jesus!

ofcourse these are all archetypal,like good and bad are twins.

Well theres a theory that states Jesus is the Satan. Satan being the master of deception, fooling all mankind & making them worship him. Im working on a hub on this topic...hope to finish it soon smile

10. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

Isn't the greatest deception of all the belief that Jesus, who is an external deity, a person, will save you?  It feels like resting on something external to yourself is false.  The kingdom of heaven is within. If Christians could say Jesus is within me and it is by me going within to find my likeness to Jesus, then I too will find the kingdom of heaven.  The deception is where believers are going outside of their own kingdom to find heaven.  And it's therefore very crafty to have the worlds largest religion have it's followers pulled outside of their own spiritual home, their own selves.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Jewels and others

Jesus cannot do anything since he died in Kashmir, India, very peacefully and naturally at the age of 120/125 years, and is buried at Mohallah Khanyar, Srinagar.

We have been created by the Creator- God Allah YHWH in his image; meaning we have to acquire his attributes manifested in the outer Universe all around us and also within us. When we acquire his image in ourselves; we achieve peace:

[89:23] And thy Lord comes and also the angels ranged in rows after rows; [89:24] And Hell is brought near that day; on that day man will remember, but of what avail shall be his remembrance?
      [89:25] He will say, ‘O would that I had sent on some good works for my life here!’
      [89:26] So on that day none can punish like unto His punishment,
      [89:27] And none can bind like unto His binding;
      [89:28] And thou, O soul at peace!
      [89:29] Return to thy Lord well pleased with Him and He well pleased with thee. [89:30] So enter thou among My chosen servants,
      [89:31] And enter thou My Garden.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=22

Thanks

2. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey....you read Neville Goddard don't you?
      If you don't, you should.

11. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 13 years ago

Question about this.

"5. The Greek god Bacchus was born on December 25 just like Jesus was and both Jesus and Bacchus were crucified and died for the sake of mankind."

Do you really believe Jesus was born on December 25th?

The NT provides no information regarding the date of the birth of Jesus. The traditional date is 25th December & theres a high possibility that we might have borrowed such traditions from Paganism.

1. profile image51

Hi friend Rishy Rich

Most probably Jesus was born in summer; and not in winter.

Thanks

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
          quietnessandtrustposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you do not know when He was born, please do not state that He was born on December 25th just like Bacchus was.

Summer and Winter...neither are correct.

It is easy to tell from the accounts given that He was born during Shavuot, which is when the Torah was given.

Knowing the Jewish Holy Days and Moedim is helpful.

Jesus was and is a Jew. He is not what He is made out to be in church.

2. profile image51

Hi friends

When Mary was pregnant and was about to deliver the child; Quran mentions it:

[19:17] And relate the story of Mary as mentioned in the Book. When she withdrew from her people to a place to the east,
        [19:18] And screened herself off from them, then We sent Our angel to her, and he appeared to her in the form of a perfect man.
        [19:19] She said, ‘I seek refuge with the Gracious God from thee if indeed thou dost fearHim.’
        [19:20] He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
        [19:21] She said, ‘How can I have a son when no man has touched me, neither have I been unchaste?’
        [19:22] He replied, ‘Thus it is.’ But says thy Lord, ‘It is easy for Me; and We shall do sothat We may make him a Sign unto men, and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing decreed.’ [19:23] So she conceived him, and withdrew with him to a remote place.
        [19:24] And the pains of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of a palm-tree. She said, ‘O! would that I had died before this and had become a thing quite forgotten!’
        [19:25] Then he called her from beneath her, saying, “Grieve not. Thy Lord has placed a rivulet below thee;
        [19:26] “And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree; it will cause fresh ripe dates to fall upon thee.
        [19:27] “So eat and drink, and cool thy eye. And if thou seest any man, say, ‘I have vowed a fast to the Gracious God; I will therefore not speak this day to any human being.’” [19:28] Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, ‘O Mary, thou hast brought forth a strange thing.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=20

Mary was to eat dates from the palm tree; and in that area dates are ripe in summer.

Thanks

12. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Correct...the Catholic church chose Dec 25 to celebrate the birth of Christ to draw attention away from the Pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

Ahem... Wasn't he getting enough Attention... roll

13. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Jesus was born a jew, sure. Did he remain a Jew or Teach Jewish religion? No!

Yeshua

He taught Truth. Taught The Torah.

Neither are religion.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are right, he taught truth, however, what you may think is truth, most likely isn't found in what you read, either from religion or religious scripture.

As for Torah? Isn't that a basis for a religion? hmm

The word Torah literally means Instructions, instructions read by me to do something in life are not to make me religious, though many people do just that and thus lose the intent of the instructions.

If I read instructions to put together a car, house, model or whatever, I see them as instructions is all. If I chose to follow the instructions and prove them to be sound, then the thing I put together will be sound.

Instructions for a relationship should be of the truth or I do not want to take them for advice.

By the time Yeshua came and taught Torah openly and honestly, it had been extremely corrupted by people who wished to hold others in bondage and that is the definition of religion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)