jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)

Has anyone actually ever seen Jesus?

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

Don't be a liar now....if you seen something and equate it to Jesus, it doesn't count.  If you felt something and assumed it was Jesus, it doesn't count. 

So of all the people who say they have seen Jesus, how many of you have actually seen him?
    But if you hadn't and assumed it was Jesus, then what would lead you to believe it was him?

1. blackjava profile image52
      blackjavaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Any one who claims to have seen jesus needs an appointment with a shrink.

2. 59
      minichurro1posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, I have had a few experiences that are biblical. I read the book of Esther, and fell asleep to a song called El Shaddai and had an experience where I saw a bright white cross shining throughout my whole body. It was the most amount of love and joy I have ever felt and in that He showed me that He loves and shines through His people and nothing can separate us from his love. I also went under really bad spiritual attack and saw a bunch of faces of the devil. I cried out to God, and a man started walking toward me in a field, His robes were so white I couldn't see His face. He started saying psalm 23 and I started saying it as if I knew it by heart when I didn't, and it felt like it was physically flowing from my heart. Another night I got attacked and a spirit was trying to touch me while I was asleep, but then I saw a hand that was pierced, I was surprised bc the blood was still fresh, like it wasn't healed. The hand was holding a shepherds staff. I didn't get attacked after I saw that.  Another experience with a homeless man that showed up on my street when I wanted to give to someone but didn't have a car. It was a high end neighborhood, and a random homeless man decided to walk down my street. It wasn't normal for the area.  the man didn't look like Jesus, didn't have a beard, but he had a really kind face and a really gentle demeaner. I got nervous and ended up thanking the man after I gave him what I had for him. He wasn't wearing any shoes, just holy socks. I've never seen a homeless man like him. People can laugh and make fun if they want, but it's real and they can't take that away from anyone. It is impossible to disprove the existence of God, and many people who try are very sad, and bitter and many are crying out for God to reveal himself because He seemed to be so silent their whole lives, but He never leaves us. He is with us through all the pain, and He heals us and sets us free. I don't know if anyone will see this post, because this thread is 8 years old, but I hope it helps someone.

1. 59
        minichurro1posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

after I saw the man with robes so white and bright I couldn't see his face, I met a girl at a church who told me she saw the same exact figure, who told her that her uncle would be healed from cancer, and he was. Then I met a minister at an unrelated church and he told the congregation he saw God and described him the same way and couldn't see his face. I tried to squirt to see it, when I saw him, but it was too bright. There is also a book called Heaven Is So Real and the author describes the same figure. So it supports what I saw. It wasn't a hallucination, other people have seen the same thing. There was also a boy on YouTube who claims to have seen the wounds of Jesus and says his wounds were open like how I saw them.

2. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I have, many times, but if you check my profile you'll see that I'm a 2,000 year old Nazarene. We used to build fires with his dad's wood-shavings.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

are you joking?  if not can you explain more for me?

1. Paraglider profile image90
        Paragliderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Um, yes, I'm joking. Sorry if I accidentally killed your thread.

No, I haven't seen Jesus. In fact I can't remember seeing anyone alive who died before I was born.

1. Thom Carnes profile image60
          Thom Carnesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nice one!

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

I've seen jesus in a few films, he's a fine actor and I highly recommend his films, even though they follow the same formula!

1. 0

lol  smile

4. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

I had a really trippy dream once where Jesus had shaved off all his hair and beard and all that and was tattooed up.  How, then, would I recognize he was Jesus?

The eyes.  Seriously, every depiction of Jesus I've seen, and the only thing that -really- draws me to look at it is his eyes.

1. 0

I really like that gamergirl.  the eyes.  I think about eyes a lot, or as they say, the eyes are the window to the soul. 

2. 0
      pgrundyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Your comment stirred a memory.

I was going through a tough time in my life and was walking into the post office--this was quite a few years back. A bum was out in the parking lot, just sitting on the curb. We made eye contact and did not speak and there was such an intensity in his eyes it took my breath away. The first thought that came to my mind was that I was looking into the eyes of Jesus.

I know it sounds goofy now but it had a huge impact on me at the time--really rattled me.

I'm not exactly a rabid Christian either, so its not like I go around looking for these kinds of experiences.

1. Jeromeo profile image61
        Jeromeoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The love that Jesus projects is the love that God has for us all (whetherYOU believe in him or not) Jesus, asks us to remember those less fortunate than ourselves.

So to see a plea, for the love of Jesus, in the eyes of someone less fortunate, and have a strong feeling; of being drawn, to that plea in you heart, is really not so strange. The feeling is fed when you give. 

There is also the fact that there but for the grace of God go I.

And this is the is the most truthful answer to the question posted so far. For just like we see God in the things he created to sustain life.  We all see Jesus Christ's reflections of his Father/God, in the loving kindeness that we recieve form others, and pass-on to others, in our dalily living.

It's a spiritual thing, experienced in a spiritual dimension, of understanding, no rockets necessary to achieve flight.  Just believe.

2. Wifeof Yeshua profile image60
        Wifeof Yeshuaposted 14 months ago in reply to this

I would really like to know what he looked like. What color were his eyes?

1. Don W profile image84
          Don Wposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Wow, another thread that has been resurrected (see what I did there?)

5. firetown profile image59
    firetownposted 8 years ago

I was looking for that image where Jesus comes towards you, but cannot find it right now ...

6. Inertia profile image60
    Inertiaposted 8 years ago

Do dreams count,I dreamt I seen him and he held out his hole pained hands.No Idea what it means.

1. Trichakra profile image60
      Trichakraposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

You saw Jesus in your dreams.

7. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I think Sandra meant the question literally. Seeing meaning seeing with the eyes, when awake, in normal mental health, in reasonable lighting conditions, and not under the influence of mind altering chemicals, etc.  And thus far, no-one has put their hand up.

8. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

In a spiritual, metaphorical sense, I have seen/sensed Jesus as the Christ in my heart. To me that is best kind of "seeing"...more Truth, than my physical eyes could see. big_smile

9. Inertia profile image60
    Inertiaposted 8 years ago

Well if I did not recognise him,I at least hope I gave him water when he was thirsty,or picked him up if he fell down,not that he would fall.

10. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 14 months ago

Yes  I have seen Jesus in the waking of day at the sea
    in a sunset that could never be created by man
    I have seen him in the creating  of rocky mountains
    when snow covers the land

I have  seen him in the  crying of a new  baby at
    the hospital near where an old man dies
    or along the edge of a river  in the maple trees
    where all colors of the rainbow lies

Have I  seen him with  my eye's  or with the eyes
    of my soul  heart and mind ?
    Or will you see him in the sounds of the forest
    if you go there to find

Have a little faith , there's more to see than with just  your eye's ?

1. paradigm search profile image82
      paradigm searchposted 14 months ago

"Has anyone actually ever seen Jesus?"

Actually, I just finished a game of chess with him. He won.

2. Oztinato profile image83
      Oztinatoposted 3 weeks ago

Tens of thousands of people saw Jesus when He lived and they left accurate primary source evidence.
      Therefore there is only one answer to your question a resounding " yes many have seen Jesus".