facebook and cartoon of prophet..

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (165 posts)
  1. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 13 years ago

facebook, which is mentioned in the lists of famous websites of this world, had did a very shamefull thing by posting mohommad(pbuH)'s cartoon... the man who is the great man in this world, this kind of acts can't make  prophet Mohommad(pbuh)'s status low but facbook had shown its real face to all ppl in this world tht its surrounded by killers of our prophet(jews)and it can't do anything... but the most sad point in this is tht the facebook is a website of a country which always talks about "peace", but it can't c this kind of violence. oh!than it is said to be " freedom to speech", is this a " freedom of speech?" no! its not a freedom its just insult. we should think tht if tht ppl can do bad acts abt MOHOMMAD(PBUH) than i dont have any doubt tht soon they will also start to do tht kind of mess against our other prophets, the most respected ppl of this world,... so now its time to wakeup its enough now we can't bear it more, , a thing which can hurt billion people is not in category of freedom.... now its time to get back to Allah, is our faith is getting too weak tht non muslims dares to  do this kind of things, v should protest against facebook and should continue till it has been blocked.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@errun fattah

i m curious to know that why drawing prophet is sin in islam?..why cant prophet be drawn like jesus or bhudda..now this is curious question for which i seek answer from u...

errum fattahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Allah knows tht y its sin...

but i think tht its not allowed in islam bcuz the  other people may insult them much more than now.
        As u can c tht non muslims can't leave any event of insulting islam and our prophets, so i think tht now its gud tht we haven't seen mohommad(pbuh).. or they may destroy or burn it for expressing thier hate...

but tht facebook had made certain sketches of prophet where they had insulted him,  i strongly censure tht kinds of activities done by non muslims, it should b banned forever for supporting such unethical activities..

and tht sketch which the ppl had drawn is not jesus, how do u know tht jesus is like him? its also the insult of jeus(pbuh).

1. Pearldiver profile image69
          Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion.... vs Religion... The seed of war and loss of freedom of artistic licence. yikes

Haven't we come along way since the Crusades? lol

2. profile image54
          (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, Muslims, always the victims, always the group that gets the short end of the stick.

You must realize that Muslims will not censor free speech, no matter how hard you try. In fact, the harder you try and the more protests you make, the more people will draw cartoons of your murderous despot prophet and the more credibility Islam and Muslims will lose.

You can take that one to the cleaners. smile

2. deosfluviatilis profile image72
      deosfluviatilisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay you have insulted and accused the entire Hebrew race, and you seem to close with a threat that your followers have grown weak allowing nonmuslims to "dare" to draw cartoons.

This is what religion does to people. You're ready to attack, accuse and threaten and goodness knows what else all because someone drew a picture of your long dead and no doubt misguided prophet.

America's not a nation of peace. What would ever give you that idea? We're a nation of freedoms. Freedoms to make cartoons. We have cartoons about god and jesus and plenty of other mythological creations, and your religion doesn't get a free pass.

I know it annoys religious people when their religion fails to gain them special status.

3. N. Ramius profile image74
      N. Ramiusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This protest is in response to the censoring of a South Park episode a few weeks ago. The episode never showed Mohammad but did put him in a bear costume as no one is allowed to show him. Then a muslim from the website Revolution Muslim made a veiled threat against the lives of the show's creators saying this is not a threat but you will probably end up like the Theo van Gough. Pictures of him were featured on the website and other stuff.

Theo was a dutch filmmaker murdered in Amstedan by Muslim fanatics.So of course Comedy Central censors the next episode due to the website in order to protect the lives of the show's creator even over their objection. Including censoring the end of the show speech which did not even mention Mohammad.

So someone comes up with the idea of everybody draw mohammad day. It goes viral and original creator backs out out of fear as it surpassed her expectations. Yet it still continues and why May 20th is now Everybody Draw Mohammad Day.

4. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There isn't much anyone could do to make Momo any more of a mesogenic racists than he is already. He has proved just what he was all throughout the Qu'ran. With his self-serving verses and perversion,(such as giving himself allah's blessing to screw and marry his daughter in law.)

Yup he doesn't need any help from anyone to prove he was a pervert and racist psychopath.

And I for one have joined that page.... didn't have to tell me about it twice.

All you lefties should be on it, also.

Or are you all for crushing the freedom of expression and speech?

5. profile image54

Yes, I'm sure Muslims will rally around this cause to demonstrate more religious lunacy.

Will they all hover around their computer screens with signs saying, "Kill the FB Infidels" on Facebooks front page. It would be almost funny if it wasn't surreal.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs572.snc3/31224_1321382954405_1225753537_30825991_3581780_n.jpg

6. jenblacksheep profile image68
      jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's funny. Just 10 minutes ago I was telling my friend that Draw Mohammed Day was stupid, that it wouldn't achieve anything, and that it was just being insulting to Islam. I know that it stands for something more important .. free speech ... but I thought (and still think) that all that will happen is that Islamic activists will get angry and blow up innocent people, and nothing would be achieved.

But now I feel forced to speak up for the other side. Why on earth would you think that it was a Jewish conspiracy? Did you know that Jews aren't allowed to draw pictures of God ... in fact they are not even allowed to write the word 'God' in a sentence. Why would they campaign for the world to draw Mohammed when they can't draw God. I think there is a little hypocrisy there. Also, you don't see Jews burning American flags on the streets of Israel every time the Simpsons show God sitting on a white cloud watching over every one.

Fair enough, if Muslims aren't allowed to draw pictures of Mohammed ... noone is going to make you. But you cannot stop others doing it if they want because that IS preventing Free Speech.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jews own Crayola.. didn't you know that!?!?

1. jenblacksheep profile image68

hahaha! Jews get blamed for everything

EVIDENCE:

http://jewishtoys.net/osCommerce/catalog/images/134-Crayola-Chanukah-Cookie.gif

lol

2. jenblacksheep profile image68

I want one!! I love baking and I'm not too bad at drawing either!!

2. errum fattah profile image60

jen!  if u saying tht jews r even not allowed to write "God", LOL! im having debate with a jewish gal, she always uses, "GOD" . well, i will ask her abt it...

1. jenblacksheep profile image68

Very religous Jews will write it like 'G-d'. The Hebrew word for God isn't allowed to be SPOKEN, when you see it written in texts you use a different word instead.

7. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"is this a " freedom of speech?" "

Yes, yes it is.

8. abidareacode profile image69
      abidareacodeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not freedome of Speech.Freedome don't mean insulting others beleif.Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) is loved by all muslims and according to Muslim's beleif his caricature or portrait is not allowed.So now facebook had lost their face through this act.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hogwash.

2. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just because it's not allowed by muslims doesn't means everyone else is restricted from drawing this imaginary despot.

3. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"It is not freedome of Speech"

Yes, yes it is.

4. Pearldiver profile image69
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol You've been here 3 Years and this is the best you can do??? hmm

After three years of writing English (not Arabic)... At least you could have learnt to spell, even if you make ridiculous posts lol

5. profile image54

Freed of speech means you can say whatever you want. And, when you don't like the speech you are hearing, then you follow it up with more speech.

Muslims follow up with violence, not speech.

Is it also your freedom of speech to spread your religion?

6. TheSituation profile image62
        TheSituationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the definition of freedom of speech, that I can say what I want, when and how I want.  I am sorry, but just like any other religion, you do not have the right to be offended.  How about this, if it offends you don't look at it!

9. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People should be allowed to draw who they want, when they want. Threats of violence and murder that seem to follow anyone drawing or considering drawing your religious figure should be considered a worse sin for Allah to deal with himself.  I'm sick and frickin tired of hearing about it! South Park is edited due to fear! They have made fun of dang near everyone on the planet and they have to edit their show out of FEAR. I have a few choice words for you people that Hubpages would kick me off for so I'll stop!

10. Bill Miller profile image61
      Bill Millerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't respect your prophets, I don't respect Islam, your religion doesn't respect anything but violence. I have never seen any Muslim speak out against the violence perpetrated in the name of Islam but I have seen them try and justify it. If there is an Allah I bet he isn't very proud of his followers.

11. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you don't like drawings of your prophet, don't look at them or make them. While I can agree that what's going on is probably disrespectful, people are not just going to stand by while religious zealots (of any flavor) make death threats over silly cartoons, and yes, it IS freedom of speech/expression. And you, or anyone else, have no right to take it away from anyone just because you don't like what they have to say. FB is an international community of individuals. Some of those individuals will have similar opinions to yours, some won't. Stick with the people you like, and leave everyone else alone.

Everyone does not agree with your religion, nor do they need to. When people get that through their heads, there will be a lot more peace in the world.

there is lot of difference b/w freedom and insult....

1. BDazzler profile image78
          BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And yet, if I were to care about your opinion, I would feel quite insulted by you.  I choose not to respond in an unkind way, but your entire premise is predicated on the fact that your feelings about the issue are more important than mine.

Happily, I will take no further action on my feelings of being insulted, because my honor and action is not impacted by your opinion.

So, here's the dilemma you've attempted to put me in:

1. I either have to care what you think and, and therefore feel insulted by you.

Or

2. I have to not care what you think, and disregard your feelings entirely, thus "proving" to you that I am uncaring.

This is not fair to me. After carefully considering my options, I choose to ignore this insult to me and my country and have decided that your opinion on this issue is irrelevant. 

You may feel how you wish about what I feel, or ignore me entirely, and even threaten to kill my family ...  but your opinion will not impact mine.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Insulting people is rude, not illegal, and you don't have the right to stop people from doing it; people CERTAINLY don't have the right to threaten or harm people over it. I find it very interesting that you have nothing to say about the violent threats written on behalf of your religion to the idiots who make South Park. Insults are disrespectful, but threats and violence are WAY out of line. Don't you realize that by doing what you're doing, you're actually just giving the disrespectful people more ammunition? Just ignore their petty and ridiculous attempts to tear down your religion and enjoy your faith. If you know the truth, then a bunch of children's drawings aren't going to change that.

You do, however, have the right to leave people alone who offend you, to boycott their work/businesses/etc., and to peacefully spread your opinions in any public forum.

We are NOT all Muslim, and we're not going to be; that means we do not all have to follow the rules of that religion; if you choose to do so that's you putting rules on YOUR life, not mine or anyone else's. Get over it.

Shaantih.

12. Allan Bogle profile image69
      Allan Bogleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find it amusing that you talk of peace in the same paragraph you mention that Jews are killers...

2. deosfluviatilis profile image72
    deosfluviatilisposted 13 years ago

Whoops. Wrong ID. Just pretend someone else said that. I'm just a nice, slightly crazy fish lady, I don't do politics and religion.

3. JulesGerome profile image59
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

People shouldn't be bothered by cartoons. If your faith is strong, it shouldn't be shook by this kind of things.

4. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

yikes WGAS

5. JulesGerome profile image59
    JulesGeromeposted 13 years ago

We all know that FB is crap. I use it for social purposes. If you don't like what you see, don't go in there. Simple as that .

6. deosfluviatilis profile image72

It wasn't facebook, errum, it's just a page on facebook. I am familiar with what you're referring to, and facebook has no legal or moral justification in trying to stop it if they wanted to.

It isn't just your mohammed. The extremist christians cry about cartoons of their jesus as well. In fact I heard recently that the cartoon channel is considering a TV-based cartoon about Jesus.

It isn't christians doing this to mohammed or to islam, it's just people who find religion ridiculous and so ridicule it. I guess wherever you come from people aren't allowed to speak such thoughts, but irreverance is very common in free countries.

facebook had supported this kindda activity,  did u forgot tht facebook had celebrated the " everyday mohommad's cartoon draw" or tht kind of another  name.

i dont know tht rather christians r involved in it or not, but im sure tht behind this, there is a jewish hand...       
      i know tht making cartoons of prophets or God is not a serious thing in free countries but its quite bad , u know how some ppl r insulting God, jesus, mohommad,moses.. so i think cartoonism of them should b stop..

1. deosfluviatilis profile image72
        deosfluviatilisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Clearly you're delusional. I'll probably get banned for saying so, but your paranoia about jews is just a symptom of your religious persuasion.

They're just skeptics, and the only reason they started that page is because of how unreasonably angry muslims got over that swedish cartoonist. Tried to kill him for it, didn't ya'll? See we don't find that to be freedom or peaceful.

These aren't jews. They're just sane people fighting back against the insanity of the religious extreme.

2. TMMason profile image61

errum fattah, you exemplify the irrational hatred of Jews perpetuated by Islam.

Thank you for your honesty at least.

Maybe one day you will figure out that the Jews do not run the world. Regardless of what your allah, or Momo, says.

3. TheSituation profile image62

Oh come on, that is just ridiculous.  Cant you get over the Jews?  Still pissed because every time an arab state tries to invade Israel they get their butts handed to them?

7. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

lol And The Satanic Verses wasn't a bad read either lol

How pathetic ignorance is hmm

1. TheSituation profile image62

Most of his books were great!

8. deosfluviatilis profile image72

Yeh N. Ramius has it right. I guess the mohammed cartoons list I subscribed to was a different, earlier one. I went to try and find anything about facebook themselves supporting the pages and read the whole story. Basically same principles, someone said something muslims didn't like, they made threats and freedom lovers reacted. Only in this latest case the "freedom lover" chickened out, more or less.

Good job Islam!

At any rate, facebook can't legally act against it, and unless you have proof that Norris or Sulpovar are Jews, it isn't a jewish conspiracy either.

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

hmmm.... oddly enough, hijacking a couple of planes and driving them into some office towers does not create the same type of public protest in the streets

1. profile image54

I noticed the films they ran afterward of Muslims in the streets were that of jubilation and celebration.

Not once were there any protests from Muslims speaking against their extremist brethren for murdering thousands.

But a drawn cartoon on the internet, that raises the hackles.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A Very valid point to ponder.

2. TMMason profile image61

Nor does pissin on NY and America by putting a Mosque at ground zero.

Nor does the Imam who is building said mosque statements about, 'implimenting Shari'a in America".

All that is fine.

But don't talk about Islams craze to kill all non-believers and impose Shri'a world-wide.

Shari'a in America??????...that's interesting...

1. TMMason profile image61

It is already here.... see, Michigan, Dearborne, to be exact.

10. Greek One profile image63

...and so, young Abdul was taken to the woods and shot, for he had displayed evil tendencies at an early age

http://johnfudrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/child_drawing.jpg

lol if it was upto me i would have given you award of being most witty hubber..

is there cash associated with that??

no cash..only painted shield smile

thanks, but I already got one...

http://www.childsafetyhousecallsproducts.com/assets/images/Smiley-face-shield.gif

oh SH*T... does that look too much mike Mohamed????

11. Greek One profile image63

circumcised crayons...

http://primetimeparenting.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/crayola1.jpg

lollollollollollollollol

12. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

If we were created by god ala or whomever don't you think they realize that we sometimes do stupid stuff?? So I believe they wouldn't take it as a sin!

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

To be honest; If a Muslam is offended by a cartoon? it is their own ego that is offended. If this is upsetting to Ala? is he not capable of serving out his own retributions?
       If he takes no action; he is not offended very much?

If He is God? he does not NEED for anyone to defend him.
       If he is not? he does not NEED for anyone to defend him.
       Are we gods protector?  certainly not.
       If it is you that is offended?  welcome to the club. Everyone is offended about something.

As my grandaughter once told me ...  build a bridge and get over it.

14. profile image49
    ali6bm2posted 13 years ago

And do not insult/abuse/defame those who call from other than God, so they insult/abuse/defame God, transgression/violation without knowledge, like that We decorated/beautified to every nation/generation their work , then to their Lord (is) their return, so He informs them with what they were making/doing .

dont abuse any Prophet.

15. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

This kinda reminds me of my grade school days. I was teased an awful lot. Kids made all sorts of hurtful cartoons of me with like stink lines and flies and such. Somehow I managed to get over it and move on, I guess I grew up (NOOOOOOO!). Let us pray that someday God and the prophets will also grow up and get over it. I seriously doubt that Mohammad is going to be murdered (in heaven, with the other prophets) by some hater because of a silly cartoon. Then again I am probably damned to hell for this post, not that I wasn't already for being a free thinker. roll

smile

16. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I made a hub about it if anyone wants to check it out. Over 50 pictures -mostly images of Mohammed- from the event.

It's an interesting story when you think about it, all those people getting together to draw pictures of mohammed.

It's progress.

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out.

Images from Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

I think it's okay to post on topic, right? If not whoopsies..

thts wat ur parents  taught u about respect, right?

gud parents u got huh?   

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have to earn respect. Your parents forget to teach you that?

I keep telling you guys - if you don't want people to laugh at your beliefs - you shouldn't have such funny beliefs.

ah well, my parents had taught me abt how to respect, and result is fantastic, give me a post where i had insulted jesus, marry or moses or any other most respectfull person, u know..

are you kidding?  These forum posts are full of people insultng Jesus, Moses and everyone else.

I'm a Christian, but you don't see me telling Mark Knowles to go to hell for the stuff that he writes.

Freedom and respect means we can agree to disagree

lol!    can  i give u glasses?

my post to mark; " ah well, my parents had taught me abt how to respect, and result is fantastic, give me a post where i had insulted jesus, marry or moses or any other most respectfull person, u know."

so where it is written  " mark! go to hell"???

I didnt say that you told Mark to go to Hell..

I mean that lots of people on here talk negatively about my religion too, but I don't condenm them or accuse them of being disrepectful.

I don't care what someone else writes or says or draws or thinks... i just want to make sure that i have the right to do so to

2. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is your right to respect whatever you choose. It is not your right to tell others what to respect.
        Seriously how dare you even presume to suggest that because you have chosen to follow these particular teachings that the rest of us must follow suit. Have you not been paying attention? America is a free country and as such I tend to take anyone trying to take that away as threatening. But I guess that is what your cult teaches you.

oh yeah!!! america is a free country.....lol
          oh gosh!   how i forgot abt the conditions of muslims there, who are suffering prison and still cant get any gud lawyer  as they are muslims...

1. profile image0
            Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about the terrorist Muslims who attempt to injure others by placing bombs in crowded city streets and office buildings, crash airplanes into buildings full of thousands of men, women, and children? (Who by the way should be hung out to dry but instead are given a "fair trial" along with receiving better treatment than they do in their own countries.)

Or are you talking about the rest of the Muslim population in our country who continue to live the American dream, owning houses, cars, couches, and flat screen televisions, eating three square meals a day, working in or owning business, serving in the military, sucking off the welfare system, having fat little kids who are addicted to McDonalds cheese burgers, getting college educations, cheating on their spouses, paying their taxes, driving their kids to soccer practice, smoking dope, and spending their weekends praying in one of the 1462 mosques we have?

2. TheSituation profile image62

Since when is getting a good lawyer a right?  WTF is wrong with people.  I will tell you one thing......you F... with Matt and Trey (southpark) and you will have the biggest army of pissed off slackers and stoners going up to go kick some Muslim butt!!

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

The right to representation is part of the Miranda rights: "You have the right to a lawyer, if you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be assigned to you by the state."

ETA: Oh yeah, by extension, since lawyers are obliged to do the best they can for their clients, this means one has the right to a "good" lawyer.

1. TheSituation profile image62

A lawyer, a basic attorney.  The top attorneys do not work as public defenders.   Besides, I thought that we were talking about how bad the US and our culture are?  Is we were in MUCH of the muslim world you would be dead before you got an attorney...or in prison for life, or beat, stoned or have parts of you cut off.

2. Bill Miller profile image61

No it means they will get the best that their particular lawyer can give.

Yes, well that word "good" is subjective, so I stand by my statement. Have you tried to pass the bar? I'd say you have to be at least "good" in order to do so.

1. Bill Miller profile image61

I'm sure you have to be pretty good to pass the bar, but, good is not great, and there are some great lawyers!

You get what you get and are not entitled to any more than that!

3. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is a gud lawyer?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

I thought the only gud lawyer was a ded lawyer. lol

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what she said!  lol

No she means the prisoners, who have converted to Islam in prison. I think?

I know she isn't talking about prisoners of war. Or is she? Are them idiots in the USA already for Holder's lil show?

If so they got the good life. Have you ever seen Fed Max? Cable, Halal meals, prayer rugs, New Qu'rans, new dew raggys, all kinds a good shit for the fanatically religious in jail.

Only thing they won't get is a suicide vest... but everything else they will get. Including the best lawyers the ACLU can afford to send.

3. Pandoras Box profile image60

You didn't like my hub?

sad

1. Ohma profile image59

I did!

Thank you Ohma! I really should thank Errum as well, actually, since she inspired me to do it...

4. Pandoras Box profile image60

I don't have any parents. They were killed by Mulsim extremists.

sad

so shamefull!!!

if u can say this bad abt ur parents  than i can sense tht how much u r unrespected and unm,annered person...

17. Greek One profile image63

hahah yeah pandora!!

Didnt your parents teach you to kill and persecute those who draw things and say things you don't like?

THAT's respect!

All i found here are just nagative persons, who even dont think a litttle bit positive. oh thts why people call "europe" as "advanced", surely ur country is advanced but ur minds not, u r much more close minded than afghans, u people r such a nagative minds,
      thanks Allah! who didn't made me a western person or i would b known as most hatefull person in world..

and ur blind sayings abt MY MOHOMMAD(PBUH), will not affect him or he would not be get angry bcuz Allah is his guard, And Allah is no fool, have a challenge;
                           in teh last stagesof ur life when angel of death will be taking ur sinner soul than u will accept islam, but ALAS! this act cannot save u from hell bcuz no any faith is accepted at there... can u accept this challenge??       wink wink smiley

Why do you say that the west is hateful when you have so much hate for people who just draw pictures and don't believe in the same god as you?

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63

The beauty of it all is, we don't care what you believe in a good way. Believe away! Just don't try to make us fall in line with your beliefs. And when your brothers in Islam want to use violence to scare us into following those beliefs, that only makes those of us that don't share your beliefs that much more negative.

3. Ohma profile image59

Can you say hypocrite?
        What in the world is a "Peaceful Muslim" doing attacking anyone. why have you even started this silliness unless it was to insight discord?
        That is the trouble with all organized religion. Do as I say but not as I do. You folks can not even live up to the "peaceful" part of your own teachings why in the world would anyone consider any other part of it as anything other than the joke it is.

4. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really are going overboard with this now. Don't you realize that it's because of this so called 'free society' that you're even allowed to voice your views here - and not get publicly flogged for them! 

I was myself raised in an islamic country and it's thinking like yours that gives all muslims a bad name... how truly unispiring and shameful really...

And in case you're thinking of declaring 'jihad' on us here, make sure the bomb blows up some place safe and deserted...!

yeah.. like England or somewhere else far away smile

1. myownworld profile image73

lol... seriously, I don't get into these religious debates, but then sometimes I think moderates should speak up more often.....!

1. profile image0
              Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I for one think that cartoons of anything can be funny if they're done right.

1. myownworld profile image73

I'm seriously fed up of mulims trying to stuff their version of Islam down our throats! I've seen it all happen with my own eyes in Pakistan, which used to be a sane developing country till these mad Taliban took over. Now everyone is sick of them, the country is in an economic mess and the Taliban are blowing up children and innocent people everyday in the cities...! So much misery created all in the name of orthodox Islam....!

1. profile image0

Do you think people would object to a cartoon of MOHOMMAD blowing up the Taliban?

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
          optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your right on point. you go girl lol!

18. Pandoras Box profile image60

Errum we celebrate freedom of expression here. Freedom of thought, freedom of doubt, freedom of religion, speech and sketch.

Some of us 'blaspheme' against all the old false gods and prophets. It's our right to do so. Don't take it personally. Humanity -when not oppressed- has been testing the gods forever, and will continue to do so.

You have the right to believe whatever you want, and to practice whatever you want however you want, as long as it doesn't bring harm to others. We welcome you here. We fighting this assault on free speech are largely the same Americans who will fight against assaults on foreigners in America, who will fight against dsicrimination against minorities, who will fight for woman's rights.

Don't expect us to stop fighting ignorance and error when it comes to your own. Religion doesn't get a free pass.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63

That's a bit more eloquent than I seem to be. Good job.

19. Pandoras Box profile image60

The image of Mohammed:

http://hubpages.com/u/3157462.jpg

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

who is this guy?

someone who has been spread not-so-peacefully by Islam

lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image60

Someone Mohammed said to publicly whip, apparently.

It was one of the Facebook submissions.

20. Pandoras Box profile image60

And yeah Errum, I probably shouldn't have said that about my parents. It may be seen as disrespectful to all the people -here and there and elsewhere- who have lost their parents or other loved ones to Muslim extremists.

21. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Ah..hell...

I guess that's another site that will be banned here in saudi and I won't be able to access...

22. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

If it offends Muslims, why doesn't every Muslim on Facebook delete their account all on one day?
    Just pick and day and leave en mass.
    Wouldn't that send a message to the FB powers that be?
    Or has a mass exodus already been suggested?
    I know if a site angers me, I just leave.

1. profile image0

But it's no fun without a cartoon to fight about.  How would they find people to fight with if they all just left peacefully?

i pray  all muslims should do this, fb gets 47% profit frm muslims, if we deletes our accounts , thn fb will get a huge loss in its business..

I think that would make everybody happy ... I am curious about your profit percentages.

1. profile image0

I for one just may bdazzled over the whole thing.

big_smile

hmm...i think may be...97% in afterlife...

1. sabrebIade profile image79
            sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well considering the wealth of Muslim countries like United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain, she may have a point.
            It boggles the mind how much money is in Dubai alone.

But as long as FB doesn't make Luxembourg and Liechtenstein mad, they should be okay.

I'm not saying it's not plausible, it's just that 75% of a quoted statistics are made up on the spot wink

1. sabrebIade profile image79
                sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL
                I know that's only a three letter response but I thought it was funny!

1. Cagsil profile image70
                  Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And has a higher chance to be correct than those who speak of statistics.... lol lol lol

2. BDazzler profile image78

Clearly you are a person of high intelligence and excellent humor big_smile

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64

If I were the owner of FB, I would rather lose that business than support censorship, which is the haven of small-minded people who wish to control things they have no business controlling.

If Facebook started banning every page on their site that offended someone they wouldn't have much left.

This is very true...and quite practical.

Where did oyu get that 47% from Er?

I don't know about that.

fb gets 47% profit frm us, tom...

5. myownworld profile image73

NONE of the moderate muslims i know plan to do that. I hope on the other hand, they're saved from Islamic fanatics who have nothing better to do than channelize all their energies into declaring jihad against one thing or the other!

Edit: thx OG...But i think there is no point arguing here as it's really like hitting against a brick wall....

6. pisean282311 profile image62

@myownworld...

u r right..many of my muslim friends are ignoring that page but are using facebook..they have huge network in facebook and they can't just delete their own accounts for sake of one page..i think facebook might loose some accounts but gradually they would get that back again...

3. profile image0
      Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years ago

Here's an idea, What do you think would happen if everyone on FB drew a Mohammed cartoon everyday until they all left?

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Actually, they would have nothing left. hmm

I think yer right.

5. Allan Bogle profile image69
      Allan Bogleposted 13 years ago

The FB page in question has been removed by its creator. It is gone.

6. Cagsil profile image70

HOORAY!!!!

Oppression of expression pulverizes yet again. roll

7. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years ago

I find it interesting that this topic has not been over run by the patriotic far left liberals who are intent on creating weakness in the United States of America that will allow the undertones of threat in this person's topic and subsequent posts to one day undermine the USA.

Where are they?  Are they frightened?  Don't have the balls to trash and confront Islam as they do Christianity in the USA?  Ha Ha.

8. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Well here's one thing that happened...

"On Wednesday a Pakistani court ordered internet service providers to block customers from Facebook. The following day, most also lost access to Wikipedia, YouTube and more than 450 websites that referred to the online contest."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/f … ebook.html

i pray all muslims should do this..

9. errum fattah profile image60
      errum fattahposted 13 years ago

tht thing which u r calling as "FREEDOM OF SPEECH", is just insult n nothing else, thing which can hurt billions of ppl is not b mentioned in freedom of speech,
      muslims had never insulted ur jesus, marry, moses, kishna or s/one else, i know y r u doing this all, bcu u know tht muslims love thier prophet Mohommd(pbuh) so much and its very sensitive thing of muslims,
      now just imagine if s/body had insulted ur mother abusing her in all world then surely u will get angry u will beat tht person and abuse him as much u can do, our mohommad(pbuh) is much gr8 thn our mother, father, property... mohommad(pbuh)is  our love, our life, our heart, our identity, our world, our respect, our heaven so now u know  y it hurts us when s/body insult him....

u know wat, ur ths kind of act cannot affect his gr8 status, but non muslims will b curious to know ht y muslims r getting so emotional by tht, y these ppl r so different frm others, y v dont get angry by insut of our God, y only muslims?  n atlast they will me to know the islam, the gr8 religion of this world, the gr8 truth of this world.... Mohommad(pbuh) was the gr8 man of this world, he is and he will be... no matter watever u can do bad for him.....he's GREaT man, the most loving person in this world n the most beloved one..

Plenty of people  put Jesus, Moses, Krishna, and all the others down. Haven't you paid attention to the argument between atheists and Christians? How many other kinds of believers do you see threatening violence against others for it? Some, I'll admit, but not many - and they are just as ridiculous, over-zealous, controlling, and insulting as the Muslim people who do so. Your tacit support of said violence speaks volumes.

If YOU love the Prophet, you are free to love him. Others do not, and you cannot make them love him or respect him - especially with words and actions that condone violence.

Shaantih.

go on
          ididn't tell  this all just becus i just wnts to show my love for him, but its the answer of ur questions tht y v get angry by this kinda act..

oky now gud night..

I'm afraid I cannot understand what you are attempting to convey here - I have not asked any questions, and I am not angry (merely opinionated). When you get a chance, can you please clarify?

Have a good night. Shaantih.

2. profile image54

Of course freedom of speech is insulting for Muslims, Islam does not allow freedoms.

Taqiyaa. Yes, Muslims do insult others.

Taqiyaa. So, drawing a cartoon is the same as beating up a person?

That is a very sad.

1. TMMason profile image61

The word, Taqiyya, literally means, (Concealing, precaution, guarding). It is used by all Muslims in disguising one's belief, feelings,  convictions,or ideas, opinions ,intent or strategy.

In others words... they act like a leant leftist in America.

All with the intent to advance Islam by force or other-wise, against all others, and into a place of rulership in all nations around the world. Till all proclaim allah the one true god an momo his prophet.

In practical terms it is manifested as dissimulation, lying and deceiving, vexing, confounding with the intent of deflecting attention or confusing and making thier Islam look peaceable and innocent

Or it can be employed for pre-emptive blocking of conflict and resistance to Islam, or Islamic Shari'a. It is currently employed in fending off and neutralizing any criticism of Islam or Muslims.

And it works so great it isn't funny...

What was it PT Barnum said  about someone born every second?

So you guys keep on trustin them.

10. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 13 years ago

We do not owe you anything! if you are unhappy with facebook do not turn it on OR go over there and vent your anger.
      Your religion is yours and you are welcome to it but the fact is you people make yourselves very large targets because you have no tolerance for others.

we-dont-have-tolerance??

than-tell-me...
        who's-bearing-"pissfull"-israel-frm-yrs?
        who's-bearing-terrorism-of-all-over-the-world?
        who's-bearing-ur-blames?
        who's-bearing-ur-injutification?

who-is-bearing-ur-tanks-who-just-run-over-our-streets-and-just-bombs-them-out???

NO-POLITICS!!!

1. Ohma profile image59

Who flew planes into the twin towers and the pentagon on 9-11 sure as crap was not the Americans. but oh yeah we didnt just sit back and wait for it to happen the second time so we are wrong.
            Big bad bully America right?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
              Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's no forget the Western forces who defended the Molems in Bosnia against the Serbs, or the Western forces defending the Afgans against the murderous Taliban.

11. Pandoras Box profile image60

Isn't it ironic that muslim extremists -who try to impose their extreme, fundamentalists beliefs on everyone such as is attempting to be done here- used social networking sites like Facebook to stay in touch, disseminate their message of violence and hate, gain support, and plot terrorist attacks?

Even people who hate need to reach out and touch someone??

12. Cagsil profile image70

Yeah, they do, but when the extremists reach out, it isn't because they want to be friends, they demand you live their way or else?

I'd rather them not touch if possible. smile lol lol

I mean, they can reach out by talking to me, but when push comes to shove and they want to trample my  right to life or right to choice, then they really have a problem. I'm not going willingly! lol lol

I hear you; I'll take "or else" anytime. wink lol Not goin' down without a fight myself.

As they say, you can break my body, but you can never break my spirit!

That so can be easily misconstrued as to the wording you used, but I did get the gist of it. wink tongue

Nice to see you again Spider. smile

@Pandora, you too. smile

Cags good to see you. I don't get on the forums too often anymore. Well I try to avoid the involved topics I use to always see you in. This subject dragged me in.

Good to see you guys! Hope yer both doing well. Turnin' in now, catch ya'll later.

Have a good night.

Hahaha...I'm glad you got the gist - it's late here...I may not be communicating well. tongue

It's always good to see you around, Cagsil. smile Shaantih.

13. Pandoras Box profile image60

Well they banned facebook, hollar and complain about us offending them through our pictures, and yet their fundamentalists use the same medium -social networking sites- to plot to kill us. Not to draw pictures of Jesus or whatever -which wouldn't bother most of us in the least no matter how disrespectful the images were- but to kill us. Not to hurt our feelings, or make fun of our beliefs, but to kill us.

Another touch of irony, they're mad at us for 'disrespecting' the very man who commanded and inspires them to kill us. They want us to respect the image of him who commanded our conversion or our deaths. 

Kinda weird. And for the record I pick on most modern religions. The only religions I like are the dead ones.

By the way the facebook page was only down for less than twelve hours, and by one of the page moderator's action. This was due to death threats and a hacker. Facebook actually helped them to restore the site, as I'm sure they would have assisted any of their account holders.

1. profile image0

Man Islam is the second scariest religion out there, right below Atheism.wink

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
          Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Athiests don't want to kill us though.

1. profile image0

Nonsense, I got a death threat from an athiest at work just the other day.

1. profile image54

So, what did you do about it? Did you go to your employer and complain that the death threat was not sanctioned by a religion, hence it isn't valid in the eyes of a god?

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Did you spend the last 2 years telling him that you were going to heaven and he was going to burn in hell for all eternity and that he was unable to be a moral person because he did not believe in an invisible super being like wot u do?

Usually we don't go in for death threats like you Mormons do.

One of my friends was telling me about the Mormon love of joining the military to get free health care for the children they cannot afford but are required to have because god sez so.

Was it about that? Did he feel you were being selfish by breeding incessantly and using up our shared resources? A lot of people get upset about that.

Or were you just plain condescending all the time? That is pretty annoying. Not sure I would threaten you with death over it though.

It does tell you in the bible this will happen. I know you are not a real christian but I think it applies. This is what the bible sez:

1. Go around being holier than thou and spouting nonsense about how much better and more tolerant you are than anyone else.
              2. People hate it when you preach this garbage.
              3. People will hate you for doing so.

This is biblical prophecy fulfilled I gather. wink

1. profile image0

Woah I got a big one!http://image18.webshots.com/19/2/68/17/196126817QEgYub_ph.jpg

2. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No wonder some intellectuals think atheism is religion.

14. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

Why not they train few hackers to hack facebook, orkut ? that way they can teach the world about how tolerant islam is. I support decision of restricting facebook, they helped this world by filtering crap thoughts of islam from spreading on the internet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)