jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can You Make it as a christan without the holy spirit?

1. ssj510 profile image59
    ssj510posted 6 years ago

This has been talked about for so long and allways there are a lot of mixed answers out there. The truith is it is impossable to be for god, walk as a christan, live as a christan...ect without the holy spirit.   

Acts 5:32
    And we are witnesses of these events, and so is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him.”

1. 0
      Chasukposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That depends on how you define "Christian."

If everyone that traditional Christianity believes about Jesus and the Trinity, etc., is true, then I'd answer no.

If Jesus' message is more important than the literal truth of his resurrection, then belief in the Holy Spirit is optional.

2. 0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No one can know who Jesus is without the Holy Ghost revealing it to them. The Holy Ghost is also called the Spirit of Truth. Truth cannot be known without Him.

3. 59
      (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Without doing anything else, you could tell all the believers you meet that you have the holy spirit within you and that you "walk as a christian" ... most likely, they will all believe you. Simple, really.

4. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Since the Trinity is one,  then the answer is no you can't even be a Christian without the Spirit.  Like Precious Pearl said, the Spirit comes with receiving Jesus.

2. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

I find it interesting you ask the question, and give the answer in the same OP. Why is that?hmm

3. Precious Pearl profile image81
    Precious Pearlposted 6 years ago

Can you make it without the Holy Spirit?  In my opinion the answer is No ... the Holy Spirit comes with receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior.  That said though, there are many Believers that are not operating in the Power of the Holy Spirit which gives us the ability to live a life of victory in Jesus Christ.  The Holy Spirit is our Counselor and Comforter.  He is the one that when we are filled with the Spirit prays the perfect will of God according to the spirit and not the flesh. Can you make it without Him ... probably, but why would any Believer want to?

4. Internetwriter62 profile image86
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

No you can't be a Christian without the Holy Spirit. To be born again you must be born of the Holy Spirit. Christ said to Nicodemus that in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven you must be born again.

5. 68
    paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

Can You Make it as a christan without the holy spirit?

Hi friends

The Christians follow Paul- the founder of Christianity, in stead of following the prestine teachings of Jesus. Neither did Paul ever had any experience of the Holy Spirit nor do his followers called "Christians". They are always in a state of confusion; they cannot differentiate between the non-"persons" of the Trinity; strictly speaking as per Genesis, they cannot differentiate right from the wrong.

I only express my faith with reasons; others could freely differ with me with reasons, absolutely no compulsion.

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim