Mark of the beast??

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

How do you see this verse being fulfilled

"If any man worship the beast and its image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand".

symbolically speaking; how many interpretations can there be?       
              I really do not have an opinion on this.
              I have dismissed my ideas as to what this means   
              I just want to hear your ideas.
              I think that the true fulfillment is something that I haven't heard or thought of before. 
              I just want to hear as many possibilities as possible. Any and all scenarios.
              I'm goina shud up now.
       Please lets not have any..."That’s stupid" kind of remarks.

Thanks

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well it isn't and RFID chip implant, which to be honest sounds like a great idea, and it isn't a tatoo as vain clebs would never go for it.

If we believe those videos about Western nations becoming Islamic states due to ever declining Western populations and ever increasing Islamic ones, the whole shift in demographics is changing. Suppose one day Europe is Islamic - it is the goal of Islam to make this happen no matter how long it takes - then perhaps we will hacve fullfillment of one world religion which is the only religion that is tolerated.

In many Islamic states, only Muslims are permitted to own a company, whether it be a corner shop or a coorporation. With a single Islamic legalised religion, it is only a small logical step to conclude that one may not buy or sell anything unless one is a Muslim.

2. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An astronomical number of possibilities.  Couldn't God've just been completely clear, being God and all.  *Sigh*          http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z316/bettyboop6896/Smileys/smiley_confused.gif

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just cursing and saw this question.  Wasn't sidestepping it. Just didn't see it.

If these prophesy written in Revelation were obvious to understand and if the church that the Roman Empire built is the beast; then the church would not have included this book into the canon.
            If the religious people that established the church had been able to understand the meanings of these prophesy they would not have established the church and prophesy would not have been fulfilled.

According to scripture the Beast is part of Gods plan.

It is also written that those things that the devil intends for evil God works for the good.

1. getitrite profile image72

Since there is no real evidence of any gods, why do you torture yourself, worrying about some insane bulls--t, written by dubius authors, from savagely primitive times, about superstitious backward nonsensical premises?  WHY?!

For goodness sake, just enjoy life! This is it.

I do what I do for the same reason that you do what you do.

1. getitrite profile image72

So, be my guest, and go on torturing yourself and decipher what you believe to be the divine word of God--but what is only the writings of primitive humans.

These primitive fools would be laughing, from the grave, if they could see gullible, modern day people trying to interpret this meaningless drivel you call prophesy.

1. alternate poet profile image68
                alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree with you - those primitive fools that you mention would include Plato etc?

Just because we are too stupid to be able to read and understand ancient texts does not make the writers stupid.  If you think that our (modern) society produces anything of the standard of ancient writing you are blind. 

The translation and understanding of the most forward thinking of its time, in its time, is primitive - not the writing itself.

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G5480
      χάραγμα
      charagma
      khar'-ag-mah
      From the same as G5482; a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.

One must first see what the word mark actually means in scripture. According to the definition it could be a scratch like from a needle. (could possibly be a micro chip)

An etching could be a tattoo. It could also be a bar code like we see on any products we purchase.

A stamp could be a brand like from as branding iron they used to use on horses and cattle.

It could also be something completely diffferent than anything we have seen up to this point in time. This is all kind of  off the top of my head except for the Strong's reference.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

I think it's in our minds.
    Choice.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

spot on.
      choice = beast
      free will = christ

2. Jerami profile image58

that thought also does not conflict with what I am thinking'
      the mark on the forehead could be talking about our mindset.

3. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

The "mark" is the RFID chip. The "beast" could be a supernatural entity that exists in real time, or it could be anything that controls huge populations of people. Remember that the RFID chip is a computerized device that can be reprogrammed at any time. So just because your RFID chip (as they are called at present) is "supposed" to contain innocent stuff like your credit card information, don't think that other information couldn't be downloaded into your chip without your knowledge. A one-world government entity could easily reprogram billions of RFID chips already implanted into human neural pathways. This could modify and control behavior patterns of a world population.
       Considering the extremely fast-changing world picture of the past 16 months, I don't discount that the "mark of the beast" is very real. In fact, Mexico's high-ranking security officers already have computerized chips in their hands. This is so drug cartels can't gain access to top secret information.
       What's amazing about this is that everybody is talking about the mark of the beast and Armageddon and one-world this and that. And it's still happening!! But it's taking place over a long period of time so people get accustomed to the change. And people would rather take the mark than go without health care or other necessities.
       Just a word of caution: Don't mock what you don't understand.

4. Jerami profile image58

With our suggestions as to what this might entail.  We should remember 
      That these people FIRST    “Worshiped”      the beast and THEN take the mark. 
      The worshiping seems to be an important component to the prophesy.

5. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

- The mark can be sign of ignorance, or lack of knowledge. Faith is the mark! Faith leads to no investigation or biased investigation while Doubt can be the blessing of God that leads to investigation -> free thinking -> & Finally to true Knowledge. 

- & Jesus (probably the master of deception)is the Beast who is being worshiped although he was just a human. The beast thus misleading the mankind into ignorance & suffering!

Just a thought roll

I was following your train of thought till the second paragraph.

6. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

"if your right hand so offendeth thee, something something something"

Yeah, no chip implants for me. I would rather not have to chop my hand or head off! lol roll

As far as what it is being worshiped before the mark well to me it seems like its the institutions of the world that offer false security. From religious institutions offering false spiritual security, to governments offering false social security most people worship at the alters of of at least one institutional system.

that is very true. there are ways ti be saying similar thoughts sounding liffrently yet saying the same thing.

I agree with your thoughts here.

7. Jerami profile image58

Thank you kirstenblog & Rishy Rich for commenting you each have a point.
      As I opened this with.. I'm not wanting to debate the issue .  Just want to hear a LOT of opinions.

I have my own opinions about a lot of different things in scripture; This issue seems to be bothering me the most right now.  I can not resolve this issue in a compatible way with my other beliefs. "It just seems to me" that these people that are Worshiping the beast would have to be knowing the choice that they are making??
       I'll hush for a while .. again thanks for commenting.

I think about it, the world will not run after some overtly Satanic world religion as it's too obvious. There seems to be one candidate for a wolrd religion that seems pretty harmless to its followes and that would be Islam.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And "The Beast" rears its ugly head. The irrational belief in an invisible super being which causes the followers of any other version of religion to spend much of their energy fearing "the other side" instead of becoming aware of reality is "The Beast." Another self fulfilling prophecy bought to you by The Word of God.

It sez it right there in the biybel - "You will fear the other side, because you are better than them and while you are not looking, your freedoms will slowly vanish. But you will ignore this warning and follow the beast in any case, because the beast tastes good and makes you feel superior when in fact you are cattle. Meanwhile - here are some roolz that you will not follow, but it doesn't matter if you don't becoz Jesus will let you off if you say sorry after you is ded. You have to really mean it though."

Fight! Fight to defend the faith and decipher the prophecies! Fight!

wink

Do you ever debate the question being asked or are you strictly limited to variations of the same tired old responses? One could randomly pick any one of your forum comments from any topic, and they all say the same thing.

It would be so refreshing if just once you addressed the topic in hand with an intelligent opinion.

Que one of the stock insults from Mark's catalogue of limited ideas.

LOL I gave you a perfectly reasonable explanation of what actually is the mark of the beast, which I see clearly marked on your forehead and hands. Now you attack me while totally ignoring what I said. Ask yourself why that is. wink

Defend the Faith (Beast)!!!

1. aguasilver profile image70
              aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Got and Chapter and verse numbers to elucidate those quotes Mark, I don't think I recognise them...

Not going to do that John. Quoting scripture and pretending to speak for a non-existent god, causing conflict and hatred instead of actually thinking and speaking for yourself is the problem.

2. Jerami profile image58

You could be right if the 42 months are 3 1/2 of our years which I think that they are not. However as I recall there are two beast mentioned in this verse. The beast and false prophet.
           I see Islam fitting the bill of the false prophet

When the sixth vial/bowl is poured out the dragon, beast and false prophet are all three seen in the river bed having three spirits coming out of each of their mouths. And these go out and gather together the kings of the earth to war.

This does not say that these three are  conspirators??
        They could be enemies. I think that if these three can be seen in the world today they would be the three larges world religions.  Judaism ,Christianity and Islam.

Looks like they are doing what the bible says that they are going to do.

8. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

mark of the beast = credit cards!

1. DavitosanX profile image61
      DavitosanXposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Credit cards are more like "The Tool of the Devil".

9. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Jarami, I am not very knowledgeable about this, but it would seem that the mark of the beast be something readily visible to others.

Most "gangs" have used similar ID whether it be a tattoo, a scar or pattern of scars, even something as simple as a purple rag around an ankle.  A required item of clothing.  Anything at all as long as other "mark" bearers can see it.

That is why I believe that If the beast that rose up out of the sea was Catholism , taking the mark would be only those in the inner circle actually IN the orginization, and not the common members. This beast is also known as the Mother of Harlots????????   I would asume that the Marks displayed with gang members would also be considered as a sign or mark of the beast,  Hard to connect these two thoughts bit I think they are all related.   Maybe whenever any orginization takes over the person that you are; You become the thing that you follow???

10. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

So you made it up then.....?

Just wanted to make it look like it was scriptural, OK I see.

No John. "If any man worship the beast and its image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand". It sez so right there.

I see the marks on your hands and forehead. wink

11. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Strewth Mark, you must have very long sight or binoculars, I'm 14,000 miles away from you.... anyhow, thanks for quoting scripture, even if it is out of context and not related to me.

LOLOLOL

Did you even look at the OPs opening question? All about you.

1. aka-dj profile image64
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark (of the Beast).
        Were they talking about this Mark?
        Sorry, my mistake. lol

1. Shil1978 profile image86
          Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I saw this thread, I thought the reference was to the Mark we have here too smile

12. Jerami profile image58

in one verse it says  "on" the head and "in" the hand.
       My first thought was a hat on the head and a paycheck in the hand

in one verse it reads "IN" the head and "ON" the hand
    In the head I would think was referring a frame of mind or a reference to teaching   and on the hand ? I don't know they used to have marks of ownership on the hand for their slaves I think?

Every one knows who I think the beast is but I do not believe that taking the mark applies to all Catholics. 
    Maybe the inner circle of the church elete. 
    Who ever they are that takes the mark They know that they are WORSHIPING the beast.

You did not like my interpretation then Jerami? Because I see the mark of the beast on you also. wink

Mark; no disrespect intended but whenever I come across one of your comments I do what a lot of Christians do when they read their bibles.... Cause I already think that I know what you are going to be saying....  I just skip over it pretty fast not paying much attention as to what you are actually saying.

If you were actualy engaging in the conversation I would slow down and pay some attention to what you are saying..

I'll try to do better in the future.

I understand Jerami and I don't blame you one little bit. The truth hurts and I am sure - like the others - if you could make me vanish you would. I will not bother responding to any more of your requests.

I was actually apologising to ya for skipping past your comment.
              I didn't apologise very well did I , 
               I had to put that Christian twist on it didn't I.

I welcome anyones responses to any coment that I make.
              I was just saying that I thought in my mind that I already knew what you were going to say. I usually do. But I guess a lot of people can say the same thing about my posts.

I actually was writting a hub last night; may not publish though.

It was an apology to You, Brenda , and a few others for being guilty of those things that I have been thinking and saying to  yaul.  My being guilty of those things that I do not like in others.
               I have said many times that we gotta be careful in those things that we start hating and how we go about that.
               We can become worse that the thing that we hate.

I've found myself pushing against that wall my self and apologise to you all.

Mark your comments are always welcome, Opposing views are a good thing,  But just saying  "You are stupid" is kinda hard to argue with. Especially if you are correct in saying so.

13. Jerami profile image58

Anyone that I missed commenting to this AM, I meant no disrespect, just thinking that your comment had been adressed and I need to get off of here for a little bit.

14. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Just look at my profile picture... horns on the head... lol

I will have to give up following the beast you know, getting to be a bit difficult in the stores...

They don't look to me to be long enough to be a problem.
      When they start catching on stuff???

1. LeanMan profile image79
        LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm already 6foot 3" so a bit of a problem with doorways...lol

But ya can look on the bright side....   they are not knocking stuff off the tables. 
            I'm short and fat so if I had horns they would probly be getting hooked on womens shirts.

15. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

the mark of the beast is upon all who still see things in the duality of good and evil.

This is the way of the nature of sin and death..

It's mark it the religious text of the christian church and their christ.... the bible. you take the mark as long as you bind yourself to it as your word of God....

You are free when you see all things as good...
    Now you have the single vision of faith which can come through revelation of the Spirit of God.

I really do gotta go but saw your comment. And I think I can say that I agree with what I think you are saying.

Myself;   I give greatest consideration to the prophesy.
      For me...  They reveal the truth in the scriptures as saying something very similar to what I think that you are saying.

Too many people will fight ya a lot quicher when their Church denomination or their understanding of their bible is disrespected much quicker than when God is disrespected.

Cain't worship a book or a Church.

16. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

When you know that you know God without the benefit of the wisdom of any man... that is when you truly know God,

...it because you now know Truth.

Are you confident in your knowledge of truth to think you are able  to correct the things that are written?

If not then you do not yet know Truth...

The writing serve a dual purpose...
    Evil - because it deceives the children of God
    Good - because it deceives the children of darkness.

Both are searching it thinking in them there is eternal life.

Light will eventually see... but darkness can never ever see....

Those who still search the scripture, will not know what "walking in the Spirit" means.

For to them the Spirit and the Scripture are one and the same..

and I tell you it is not.

I have been from spirit to scripture and back to the Spirit.

You Jerami have been from Spirit to Scripture and I hope you are not stuck within them..... for it is death and life is without in the Spirit.

In the Spirit there is no need to interpret.. for you know that you know...

17. Jerami profile image58

kess  ask   ...Are you confident in your knowledge of truth to think you are able  to correct the things that are written?
    ======
    Jerami said ..  I am confident in that any written word that can be honestly be interpreted to mean many diffrent things is of absolutely no value. 
    ===============================================================
    kess  said ... Those who still search the scripture, will not know what "walking in the Spirit" means
    ===
    Jerami   ..Those who are still searching have not yet found what they are looking for.
    ===============================================================
    kess  said     Light will eventually see... but darkness can never ever see...
    ==
    and Jesus knew this... is why such simple paraples were so effective.
    ==========================================================
    kess  said..  For to them the Spirit and the Scripture are one and the same..  and I tell you it is not.
    ===
    I have found value in the prophesy, because to properly understand these.. the truth of what you are saying is revealed.
    =========================================================
    kess  said..   Are you confident in your knowledge of truth to think you are able  to correct the things that are written?
    ==
      This may seem to be arigant ..  not so much the things that are written but the misinterpretations,,,YES
    ==========================================================

If a professing Christian can not understand or believe what which is written in prophesy to have been delivered by Gabriel, a message from their God, then they are not following their God.
       A Paulican says... But Paul said this so what God said over here can not be true. 

A Christian says,,,  Jesus said this, so that which Paul has said over there must not be true ..OR.. I must have misinterpreted what he said, 
    ============================================================

kess  said..   When you know that you know God without the benefit of the wisdom of any man... that is when you truly know God,

...it because you now know Truth.
    ======
      Oh so true
    ===========================================

18. Daniel Carter profile image60
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I think it's symbolic. Anything that causes obsession, addiction, over-wrought admiration, etc., will harm us. It could be religion. It could be obsession against religionists. People who are shopaholics have shopping as their beast. People who are addicted to wealth and money have money as their beast. Just about anything can be the beast.

I don't think it's about an evil force or being. We are all the evil force or being, right inside ourselves. There's not outside influence, it's all in us. Just as good is also. It's our choice as to which we continue to develop, not due to any force or being. At least that's my experience.

The symbol can be powerful. Superstition about what it means is silliness.

When I have particularly hard negotiations and the other party wants to get in touch again, I tell them to just dial 666 and they'll find me. It always throws them off. They laugh nervously.

You may be right; but it seems to me that these verses are too  descriptive to have such a gereral meaning.  Just my opinion.

My opinion has been pretty much established. 

I am hopeing for someone to express ont that could affect my view.   
        So I'm attempting to not burry this thread with my opinion.
         I'd rather hear yours

I will be in and out most of the day.  Painting a house tomorrow if the rain backs off a little. Checking equiptment and loading them on truck.  So excuse time gaps to replies.  Thanks

19. Jerami profile image58

I think that those that wrote these things would be turning in their graves because of our interpreting all truth out of their messages.  That is  "if" they were still in their graves.

20. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

In the Book of Revelation, there are mentions of "The Beast," the number 666, and the issuance of a "Mark" that will identify those people that belong to the Beast.

The number of the Beast, according to at least one scholarly source, refers to the Roman Emperor Nero, but others think of it as a literal number.

Now, if it should happen that someone tries to get me to have "666" printed on my body I will certainly refuse. I don't think this will happen.

Far more importantly, we need to refuse the marks of pride, envy, hatred, lust and disobedience to God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)