jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

is religion causing more fights than serving purpose it meant to be

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

even in hub pages we see discussion turning into heated argument when so ever religion is discussed..

is religion causing more fights than serving purpose it meant to be

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YES YES YES YES!!!!

and HP isn't all that bad as far as religious fighting goes.

2. profile image60
      exorterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a true christian will not fight about the word, if someone wants to try to argue with you about the word, it is time to turn the other cheek and find someone else to write to, you can have discussions with someone with different beliefs without any name calling.

2. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Religion is the creation of man - it has one purpose and that is control - since religion was invented it has been used to justify mass murder against each particular factions opposition - any one who thinks religion was invented for any other reason is living in cockoooo land - however religion is a seperate issue from faith - if you want to have faith in the sun, bananas or anything else then that is your business but religion is the business of controlling people and controlling minds smile hope that helps smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here Here! Well said!

2. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

business of controlling people and controlling minds ...interesting comment..

3. theirishobserver. profile image60

Thank you smile

4. fifacrzy profile image60
    fifacrzyposted 6 years ago

I am pretty sure religion is serving the purpose it was meant to be serving.

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

Well I base my comments on my experience - in Ireland in 1922 approx the Irish Republic was established after the British withdrew - immediately the Catholic Church took on a dominant role in running the state in conjunction with their Political bedfellows - soon the Catholic Church had control of the schools, hospitals, institutions of 'care' and so forth - it is clear that from very early on Homophiles, Hetrophiles and paedophiles were not only tolerated but were in fact facilitated....children were raped and abused in their thousands.....the top dogs in the Catholic Church silenced the victims and silenced many within ciivil society such was and remains their power........this is my knowledge of religion....it is about power, control and abuse......

i agree with ur comments..even when we look at history , time and again religion has been used to gain power or consolidate power or means to safe guard interest of few people..u r right in your observation...

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I think most people accept religious people who do not try to convert them or expect laws to conform to their religious beliefs. Everyone can have their own beliefs, but when they try to force them on people it causes conflict.

ya u r right..

working