jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Does A Creed Create Division of Unity?

1. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 6 years ago

While a creed is intended to create unity stating a belief that is common amoung a group-more often it can create division. Does human nature prefer to create division by recognizing where there is disagreement instead of agreement?

1. Rishy Rich profile image78
      Rishy Richposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It creates division among mankind, unity among its followers.

2. 59
      (Q)posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, human nature prefers to accommodate and cooperate together as we are altruistic in nature. It is mostly the myths and superstitions of the bronze age that cause our disagreement and division.

3. IntimatEvolution profile image82
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think so.  I very much think so, and why?  It is of my opinion, that people like to be recognized and heard.  That it is human nature to be creative in "our" ways, and that we all feel, that maybe we know a little more than the next person.  So yes, I think a creed, which is something that should unify or create a common bond, is sometimes and eventually evolutionalized into divisions. 

Look at America.  The creed, the common creed for our founding fathers were/was/is, "Liberty!"  Now look at us......., while we all might still be united in that common thread.  Americans today are deeply divided on how "Liberty" should ring.

Great topic.  Thanks for posting it.  Finally something worth discussing in the political forums.  Cheers and have a great day.

4. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only people who choose not to agree is where it creates division, which is usually accompanied by a lack of knowledge and understanding of life.
      The disagreements is how we learn about each other, but those disagreements are not always creating divisions among people, instead helps find common ground for unity.