is Gabriel same or different in christainity and islam?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

is this same angel gabriel which appears in bible as well as quran?..

1. Abwaan profile image61
      Abwaanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. Gabriel is an angel in both faiths. Period.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

means same angel ? right?

Yeah, same angel but with two different names: In Islam Gariel is called Jibril, for instance.

2. Abwaan profile image61

I meant "Yes. Gabriel is an angel in both faiths". Sorry for the confusion...

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

From Galatians:
      6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

As Islam is fundamentally different in every regard from the Christian Gospel, Gabriel of the bible cannot therefore be the same "Gabriel" of Islam.

[2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought
        down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with GOD's will, confirming
        previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."

Above is a verse from the Quran, the Holy book Of islam; it is the same angle, no doubt about that.

Muslims believe in Christ too but ina different way. Here are 2 verses from the Quran:

Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).
          "He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

By the way, Christainity, Islam and Judism are called monotheistic faiths and share many similarities, which sometimes revolve around different beliefs on the same thing.

i think muslims believe in christ as prophet but christians donot believe in muhammad..right?

2. darkside profile image62
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So the Abraham's, Isaac's and Ishmael's are different people in each historical account?

To say they are the same is not to say that both religions are correct, just that they reference the same... characters, for lack of a better word.

what role gabriel plays in Christianity?

1. darkside profile image62
            darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't usually venture into the dark underbelly of the Religious sub-forums but I found this topic interesting enough to click on from the front page so I just had to dig.

I won't link to it, but hub/gabriel is a short hub with a few interesting bits of information concerning the archangel Gabriel.

i did read the hub u gave me..thanks...

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend pisean282311

For Moses, Jesus and Muhammad Gabriel or the Holy Spirit was the same; Gabriel was not a god to them. Clever Paul and the Church imported new creeds into "Christianity"- a misnomer and made the holy spirit as unholy by making him a person of the Trinity; which is totally wrong. One could ascertain it from the following little questions/discussion:

Christian-God-the-Father; is he male or female and has a wife or a husband?
      Christian-god-the-spirit;is he male or female and has a wife or a husband?
      Christian-god-the-son; is he male or female and has a wife or a husband?
      Why the Christian-god is not a daughter or a neutral gender.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

@paar...hey man what have you against paul?..i have read manytimes you criticizing paul..can you elaborate on paul as per your views?

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

Jesus was a great man; he never believed the creeds that clever Paul invented and/or imported from pagans at Rome. He made a drama that he saw a vision in which Jesus has made him his successor; a total fake thing. The present "Christianity" is founded by clever Paul and the Church; it has nothing to do with Jesus and his teachings. If you want more detail on cunning Paul; please read the following:

http://www.interfaith.org/articles/paul … iracy4.php

Thanks

i read link you did ask me to read..interesting..then why is paul held in such high esteem by christians?...or am i wrong in my observation?

1. profile image51

Hi friend pisean282311

Did you read the whole of it? It is a lengthy research work of a Christian scholar who has been teaching and training Christian missionaries for a long time.

Cunning Paul tricked the simple minded "sheep" or simple minded people into believing that the "wolf" ,as told by Jesus, was their religious leader in "sheep's clothing". Jesus was a fair and kind hearted man and the Loved One and Chosen One of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; never a god or son of god; these concepts were alien concepts to Jesus; but Paul made them the core creeds of the Christianity. Paul was a false Prophet in terms of Deuteronomy; and hence got killed as mentioned by Moses.

Paul is like Joseph Smith Jr. who is also a false Prophet and hence got killed like Paul.

But the Christians don't understand!

Thanks

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
                Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's the same tired old Islamic libel against Paul because Paul held fast to the Gospel of Christ. Their argument is that he deceived the church. We could also argue that Muhamed deceived the Arabs.

For as many Muslims who call Paul a false prophet, there is a Christian who calls Muhamed a false prophet.

2. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 13 years ago

This one has a bit of information on each of the four archangels: /hub/The-Four-ArchAngels

There's a link in that hub to the Wikipedia entry for Gabriel which as expected, goes into quite some detail.

okie..it means gabriel is important in all three faiths..

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

hubpagesouakbar? neutral

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)