Have you ever seen a shadow person? Do you believe.

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (89 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 13 years ago

Have you ever seen a shadow person? Do you believe in ghosts and shadow people? Tell us your experiences please.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what is a shadow person? a spirit?

1. Glenn Raymond profile image61
        Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, my wife and I both have.  We have also both had other interesting paranormal experiences both together and apart.  We both believe.  There ar too many variables when it comes to the natural world and the science of the nature of energies not to believe.

2. USMCwifey09 profile image63
        USMCwifey09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, really, some one please explain what a shadow person is...thank you!

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An entity that looks like a shadow. But appears to some people to look solid and in the shape of a human

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those who believe in such things usually have no understanding of why those things can't exist. They just believe they do exist because they want to believe they exist.  smile

3. profile image0

I've had many paranormal experiences.
      The ONLY BAD ONE I've had was with the only Shadow person I've ever seen.

These are not tricks of the mind. I not only see, but also interact with these entities.

There are even Ghosts in scripture

1. profile image0
        WizardOfOzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even in the scriptures.  Well!  Close the thread, it has all been explained.

1. profile image0

I didn't say it to explain anything. I was adding the information
          You don't have to be so vile.

1. profile image0

Ghosts do not exist.  Even in the scriptures  Ghosts are make believe.  Doesn't matter how old the fairy tale.

1. profile image0

Oh and P.S. I never assume you have provided any explanation.  Thank you for clearing that up though.

2. profile image0

Not to you, but to thousands of people.

1. profile image0

Existence.  Non existence.  Two distinctly different realms.

1. profile image0

Yes duality

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Btw, you look maaaaaarrrrvvvalous!

Duality would be a single entity that exhibits two different characteristics.

For example, photons have a duality of being a wave and a particle, depending on what reference frame is applied. If a photon is traveling, it is observed as a wave while on the other hand when the photon comes to rest and is absorbed, it is observed as a particle.

2. profile image0

not duality. parallels.

2. profile image0

Death is not nonexistence

1. profile image0

if dead not = alive.  nonexistent.

4. Dollhex profile image67
      Dollhexposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe.

5. TheWicklessCandle profile image59
      TheWicklessCandleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I was living in Wyoming at the time and very young. I wanted to sneak upstairs to get some candy late at night.

I saw them to my right before I went up the stairs. He was 'swimming' in the air and I told him he was scaring me and I wanted him to leave. He just sat there swaying in the middle of the living room. I froze, I was too scared to go up stairs or go back to my room. I backed up until I was on my couch and I put my head in between the cushions the rest of the night.

I was probably 6-7 at the time and remember it vividly.

My wife always knew the man in the 'tophat' lived in her closet. Both her and her siblings grew up knowing the 'tophat' man and he had red eyes.

Believer?

Yup.

2. profile image0
    Over The Hillposted 13 years ago

I`ve seen shadow people and I suspect they are either good or evil spirits.

3. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I thought they were ninja's tongue

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/ninjasnake99/ninjas-there-are-four-of-them-in-th.jpg

2. Kudlit profile image62
      Kudlitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ninjas! Definitely Ninjas. Hey I have a hub about how to kill a ninja.

4. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

I believe things happen in the supernatural...that can explain alot of things.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stated perfectly

Thank you

5. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

Mostly definitely am a firm believer in shadow people. ( spirits or ghosts whatever ye want to call them) I posted a comment in Mike's hub about Ghosts. Have a read, very interesting hub
    http://hubpages.com/_20lhrh6jsiv79/hub/ … en-A-Ghost

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

flotillas in the eyes. Everybody gets em when they are older in life.

7. profile image58
    Runicposted 13 years ago

I personally have never seen a Shadow Person, at least not in memory. But I do believe that they exist. There are far too many strange occurrences that happen in our world for us to easily discount their existence. I would caution anyone who spots them, however, as most sources point them as being, if not malicious, then malignant. Also, I've heard that they are very common in graveyards.

8. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 13 years ago

I have seen shadow people.  I am now a Reformed drug addict and remarkably, the shadow people have disappeared.

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's safer to make a joke about it.

...It makes it that much more unreal and becomes something to laugh off, instead of take seriously. Which could be a good thing. "What you don't know can't hurt you" as the old saying goes.

Fear is never a good thing. Either is panic!

winkhttp://hubpages.com/hub/Reflections-My- … sts-Part-1

1. profile image0

No, really.  I did see shadow people and I am a reformed drug addict.  True story.  Funny, yes, but true.  No joke.

9. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 13 years ago

I did the cross eye thing.  Still, no ninjas!  Must be well trained tongue

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol, I look at that picture and think....wait maybe there are FIVE ninja's ????

10. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

It is willful ignorance to conclude that any sensation you cannot explain is a shadow person, ghost, demon, etc.

Is science to be totally disregarded?

I have had many "paranormal" experiences, but the first thing I do is to try to find a scientific explanation.

And usually I have to conclude that there was some type of chemical imbalance in my body at the time--such as in Incubus nightmares.  A chemical imbalance is the only thing that makes sense.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image71
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One time I accidentally made someone think I was a ghost. It was at a historic site, and I was in period clothing, and it was early in the morning. I came around the corner of the building, and there she was. I said, "Good morning," and she screamed blue murder and jumped about three feet back.

Then she realized that I was a reenactor.

I had to explain the blood curdling scream to the other reenactors when I got back to the guardhouse.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's funny!  smile

2. luvpassion profile image61
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In 1850, the German physiologist Johannes Muller stated that science would never discover the speed of the nervous impulse;  two years later Hermann von Helmholtz did.

When Ernest Rutherford, the physicist who split the atom, was an undergraduate, his tutor told him not to bother taking up physics because scientists had a complete picture of the nature of matter and only the final details remained to be settled! 

It is interesting to speculate on the consequences for science if Rutherford had accepted that advice.

Examples of imperfections and about-turns in science could be multiplied over and over again.

Quantum theory (in particular the uncertainty principle) seems to confirm that human knowledge must always be imperfect.

This means that not only is our present scientific knowledge incomplete, but also that we are incapable of ever fully understanding the universe.

Quantum field theory does not in any way confirm, deny or even suggest that human knowledge must always be imperfect, nor does it lead us to conclude we are incapable of understanding the universe. It describes matter and energy on atomic and subatomic scales and their relationships to one another. smile

1. luvpassion profile image61

So you reject Heisenberg's formulation,(one of the most eminent laws of quantum theory,) the Uncertainty Principle, which is occasionally also referred to as the principle of indeterminacy?

The notion that science is a dynamic and powerful tool for investigating the Universe is not wrong, but like all human enterprises science is capable of many mistakes and biases which may persist for lengthy periods of time. 

In particular, science does not deal well with genuine anomalies that challenge established views.

I never said that, did I?

Seems you're now changing your story. And, it still doesn't add up. smile

Sorry I wasn't debating quantum theory as I don't understand it myself, only saying that there are scientist who don't always agree on what is and what isn't.

Just like in any other scientific discipline, those involved in paranormal research try to keep an open mind to all sorts of possibilities, or even none at all. 

A slight bias towards skepticism or belief would prove to be a hindrance in their investigation.

That's why we have the Peer Review process.

The study of the paranormal is not science. If it was, you'd quickly see the study disappear altogether.

There IS only belief in their investigations, nothing more.

You're right of course, It's hardly ever taken seriously, very rarely receives the attention it deserves in order to carry out a thorough search for answers.

I think the point is that it does not deserve any attention at all. Paranormal "researchers" are not really researchers. If they were, they would have researched the fact that ghosts and goblins can't exist, no matter how much they want them to exist. smile

2. luvpassion profile image61

This unfortunate mindset is often presented as 'skepticism'. 

It is anything but. 

Skepticism is the attitude of the researcher who, faced with an anomaly (such as ESP appears to be), says: "Well, what's going on here?  Let's take a look at it!" 

It is not the attitude of the armchair critic who simply 'knows' it's all nonsense and can't be bothered to address the evidence offered to him.

In other words its okay to be skeptical, but dismissing something outright even though thousands of people have reported experiences is not scientific.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLLOL

http://www.mendhak.com/57-science-and-t … ormal.aspx

Yeah - real convincing copying your LOLOLO "argument" LOLOLOL lol

Dear me...................

The concepts of the paranormal (let's use your example of ESP) have been presented to scientists who will look at it and say: "Well, that violates a number of physical laws, it has no evidence whatsoever to support it other than the claims of believers. It is dismissed until believers can explain the violation of physics as well as producing some evidence. Until then, why should anyone look at it?"

What evidence?

No, what is not scientific is chasing around claims of experiences with not a shred of evidence to support them.

Scientists are far to busy observing reality, which does not appear to be just based on empty claims and spurious experiences. smile

11. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

The thing about the consciousness is that plays tricks on the senses. If you see something that's not there, it is actually your consciousness representing something it has sensed to be present that is like a person. But it is not a person. It is just like it. Your mind sensed a presence, an intelligent presence that it cannot really see.

Was it present in the mind alone or out there in that space you saw it.

More that the Uncertainty Principle. The Study of Ghosts and Demons and such things should begin by studying human consciousness.

we construct reality with what we know.

12. profile image58
    Runicposted 13 years ago

As much as I respect the process of science, I have an equal, if not greater, respect for the paranormal. There are many inexplicable things in the universe, many things that at our current level, we have no hope of understanding, breaking down, studying. It is never wise to dismiss something out of hand because you don't understand it.

And to those people who claim that the metaphysical is not real because it cannot be proven, I offer this comment: Lack of evidence does not prove non-existence.

On a more personal note, if you don't believe in these things, why are you reading posts in the Paranormal Beliefs forum?

Yours in Spirit,

Runic

On the contrary, scientists are working on far more interesting and complex observations of reality that stagger anything believers in the paranormal have ever presented.

Okay, so what's to understand?

But, you actually don't offer any evidence to the metaphysical. smile

13. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

I would assume that there are all sorts of things within our realm of belief and around it. From thoughtforms to entities, ghosts and psychic imprints.

I think  Ive sensed shadow people once or twice, it was quite bizarre and somewhat as if it was out of the matrix type experience.

14. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Welcome to Superstition 101.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk43/Macros1980/superstition_forum.jpg

1. profile image0

Superstition is when you turn your car around because a black cat runs in front of it. Spirits aren't superstition.

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Superstition-[soo-per-stish-uhn]n

a. A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance. 

Since spirits violate the laws of nature they are a form of superstition.

1. profile image0

How do you figure?
          Life is duality
          Visible/Invisible

15. profile image49
    icwitepplposted 13 years ago

I'm drug free, mentally sane, and not a holy roller but i've seen shadow people and other ghostly haunts in my home and in every day place. It's hard to deny something when it's staring you in the face or touching you when you least expect it. Those of you who haven't experienced ghostly encounters are probably so closed minded you'd even deny the existence of farts.

1. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well you can't see one (usually)
         And ya cain't hold it in your hand   and 
         Sometimes ya caint't smell it,  So unless some body had their ear close enough to hear iT   It didn't exist did it?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
        crazyhorsesghostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have seen ghosts and shadow people all my life. There are some people who can see things that no one else can see. I don't know why but its just that way.

I have saw a ghost in the last 24 hours. And I saw shadow people this morning. And I am not on drugs and I'm reasonably sane.

There must be some other reason as what you claim to see is impossible to see. Sorry. It just isn't that way. smile

2. profile image0

That's the funny thing about sanity, if you don't have it you don't know it.

2. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

also probably denying the existence of the arts!

how about auditory hallucinations vs. hearing spirits.   I'm all for spirits both audable and visible - they just know better than to make themself available to idiots and people who might freak!

16. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

I too have seen what people call ghosts, all my life. For years I never talked about because people think you are mad/weird/doing drugs or a religious maniac.  Some people just seem to be able to perceive a different reality.  I set you scoffers and pooh- poohers  a challenge - prove I don't see ghosts!

1. profile image0

ghosts don't exist.  you prove otherwise.

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Naughty naughty, that's not in the 'spirit' of the challenge.  Maybe some people aren't capable of seeing shadow people etc (they are known as 'blunts') but that doesn't mean that others are making them up.  How do you know they don't exist? Heck you could be right and the world could be flat and the centre of the universe.

1. profile image0

yeah, you are right.  I can't prove that something that doesn't exist, doesn't exist.  Funny that.

What if you said that a 7 mile wide purple alligator was going to kill me dead on the 14th of December 2019?  Would I believe you, no.  Could I prove you wrong, no.

1. profile image0
            Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  I'm tempted to say your tempting fate but I don't think even she could find a 7 mile wide alligator.  I'm just messing with you.  Actually, I've never felt the need to prove that I see weird stuff, it runs in the family.  My mum saw them, I see them, my daughter sees them, even her little girl whose only 2 sees them.  I know what your thinking, insanity runs in families too.  Well so does musical talent.  Scientists have suggested that the human brain is hot-wired for religion.  Maybe some brains are hot-wired for other stuff?

1. profile image0

Its all good Kath.  I'm just here to have fun.  I will take a side just for the hell of it.  I have seen a lot in my time.  I have been locked away in psychiatric units and I have a tattoo on my arm that translates to the Second Coming.  I am not a non-believer.  No harm intended.

This really has nothing to do with you being special and everything to do with the fact that ghosts simply can't exist. You may be special but that doesn't mean you can fly, either. smile

They don't exist because if they did, they would be violating several laws of the universe. You might as well just claim that you can defy gravity. It would be the same thing. smile

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If only by seeing and feeling a ghost, possibly hearing him also, will you believe they exist, I will send one to you.  Sometime in the next few days you will get your proof.  I think there will be only one, although there are several ghost groups who may be interested in proving it to you, so be prepared.

Funny how you can do that considering ghosts don't exist. A "ghost group" is free to do anything they want, but they will never conjure a ghost, except maybe from their imaginations. smile

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...tell that to Punxsutawney Phil -they force him to see his shadow person every February 2nd!

That's simple, ghosts can't exist, so there's no way for you to see them. smile

17. Catering101 profile image60
    Catering101posted 13 years ago

I honestly haven't seen one but my brother-in-law claims that he's been seeing them since he was little until now. Weird but I believe him ever since one of my brothers died. There were some circumstances that proved he has seen my bro, I wouldn't go into details since it brings back sad memories. But yes, I do believe in ghosts or shadow people as you call it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)