jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What meaning do you make of meaninglessness?

1. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 6 years ago

Is there such a thing as meaninglessness?

2. goldenpath profile image82
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

The vertigo of this question is meaningless.  smile

Just kidding.  Everything in life has a huge meaning and impact.  We are just to small, naive and primitive to understand the full measure of the smallest things that happen around us.  I believe that even an "insignificant" blade of grass has connection to even a creature on the other side of the world.  All life is connected and so is all action and thought connected.  We are individuals with our own agency to choose but the affects of those choices magnify as time goes on.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good answer! I could not have said it better myself smile

1. goldenpath profile image82
        goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  As I counsel with youth, families and groups of people I am constantly reassured of the reality of connection of all things.  It's remarkable and yet damaging for those who lightly disregard their own actions and thoughts.

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is so true and from what I can see you are a great counselor. smile

Thanks!  I do what I can but even I have a difficult time with self perception.  It's a constant struggle to keep on top of things.  The rising generation is precious and are going through perilous times.  For this reason I endure and handle my own afflictions that I may be resolute in helping those who are ready for a hand to lift them up.  Not, by any means, that I am that hand but sometimes someone just needs a friend and someone to shut up, sit down and listen.  That I can do! smile

3. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Not enough people ready to listen 3 cheers to you, for finding the time..... Do you charge a lot for your listening skills????

Never charged a penny in my life. smile That would undermine my attempt to help all people without personal gain.

working