jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Britain bans Muslim preacher from entering the country

1. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

Britain has banned a radical Indian preacher, who claimed that “every Muslim should be a terrorist,” from entering the country, a paper reported Friday, citing the interior minister.

Zakir Naik, a 44-year-old television preacher, had been due to give a series of lectures in London and northern England but new Home Secretary Theresa May decided to bar him, said the Daily Telegraph.

“I have excluded Dr Naik from the UK,” said May, cited by the paper.

“Numerous comments made by Dr Naik are evidence to me of his unacceptable behaviour.

“Coming to the UK is a privilege not a right and I am not willing to allow those who might not be conducive to the public good to enter the UK.”

May, a Conservative politician who became home secretary in the new government last month, has the power to exclude or deport an individual if she believes their presence in Britain could be dangerous.

Naik had been filmed on a website making inflammatory comments, interior ministry sources told the newspaper.

According to the Telegraph, in a web posting from 2006, he said: “Beware of Muslims saying Osama bin Laden is right or wrong. I reject them ... we don't know.

“But if you ask my view, if given the truth, if he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him. I don't know what he's doing. I'm not in touch with him. I don't know him personally. I read the newspaper.

“If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, every Muslim should be a terrorist.”

1. profile image60
      dummydamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

pisean282311posted 7 years ago in reply to this

well but if he made statement as stated , he must apologize to muslim community for provoking them to become terrorist and to americans/brits/west ..he might have his views on america, he might even hate america but making such irresponsible statements and that too being in such a responsible position of preacher influencing millions ..i dont think is right thing to do..

2. packerpack profile image60
        packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What is this link .... what should not have happened? Looks like you have posted a wrong link here!

he didnt read i suppose..he just read titled and posted his own link...

1. packerpack profile image60

I hope what you are saying is correct as I somehow seem to differ cz the admin name of that site is same as the his username here. So shall I assume he is trying to promote his site here? Expect an answer from him or else I have to report this!!

@packerpack.. that is what even I am saying..what i presume is that he entered forum read title and wrote his answer that this should not have happened and posted his own link for promotion..may be his motivation was promoting his site ..let us see..he vanished..may be he can answer better..

1. packerpack profile image60

I am sure he is not coming back ....... even his Hubs are all in line with his site. I think it is high time that I report it. What say?

2. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 7 years ago in reply to this

About time! Here in England we have had a number of such people who preach openly against the nation they have chosen to place themselves in. In the past, the UK has for some reason, found it impossible to remove them. I am all for welcoming anybody of any race to the UK, but obviously not people who preach hate and promote terroism.

Ironically he leads a 10-day "Peace Conference" every year...

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good for Britain!
      Does America's government have the same guts and common sense?
      I wonder.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

He will probably appeal saying that we are breaching his human right to free speech and then be allowed in to the "kill all in the west" conference that he will want to run...

If these people don't like our countries, why don't they stay out?

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

It all depends on whether or not you believe there is a war on terror going on. I did and now I'm not so sure. The quotes you've quoted this man as saying make him sound like a terrorist if you believe there is a war on terror going on.
    If there isn't, and its all been spin, then what he says makes sense.

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have lived in the middle east for the last few years, believe me these nuts exist and they are as anti there own country people as they are us..

2. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There must be a war on terror going on, because there are numerous cells operating in western countries, especially in the UK, plotting against the very countries they are living in.

4. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 7 years ago

Britain bans Muslim preacher from entering the country

Good for them!   If ya don't keep the snakes from coming in through the doggie door,,,,   You will find snakes in bed with your babies.

5. Beelzedad profile image60
    Beelzedadposted 7 years ago

Goodness me, someone was banned for entering a country because of their religious beliefs? What is the world coming to... ??? smile

6. TMMason profile image73
    TMMasonposted 7 years ago

Now if they just start chuckin the ones who are already in the country and who hate them, also. I say have seen many a muslim who would cheer the fall of England and the implimentaion of Shari'a in Europe.

I guess it is a start...

working