jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Blessed and few

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

Blessed and and few are those that are allowed to finish their journey.

2. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

Yes, and so blessed you are:)  May you finish your journey:)

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

So, depending on who is giving out the blessings and who is getting cut short prior to the completion of the journey, some people are just not blessed.  Or lots aren't.  I guess an interesting follow up would be why are some people blessed to finish a journey and others not? Especially children who don't get to.  It's almost like blessings are given out arbitrarily and then we have to depend on really lame stories about plans of invisible loving beings having selected who to destroy with agonizing illnesses or whatever due to some equally nebulous plan or something.

But, other than that, I totally agree.  Blessed are those who get to finish the journey to... whatever counts as "the finish line."  Maybe 9 months... maybe 6 years, but of real quality before starvation or malaria takes you out... or, like 100 years old.  It's all about the same.

Good stuff.  Thanks for this.  I'm feeling it.

4. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

only when the vessel is emptied, can it be filled with blessings.
    A full cup doesn't quench your thirst, until you take action, grasp the cup and drink. Religion, the thirsty who never drinks and is refreshed. All are blessed. The cup sitting in front of their faces. All they have to do is stop, sit, rest and drink the Life in that cup.

But like donkey's chasing carrots, always thirst.
    Else, angrily knock the cup over or refuse it altogether.
    One dies of thirst seeing the blessing.
    The other dies of thirst refusing it or wasting it.

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very true..

Twenty One Days says.. The other dies of thirst refusing it or wasting it.

And their journey is incomplete.